PDA

View Full Version : Name and Shame - Normal (Bard)

TanDemain
10-31-2019, 01:42 AM
Was with some cool dudes on the bridge in Blackburrow. One guy dies and the rest of us are fighting. There's a gnoll fang for the dead dude on his way back, someone out of group runs up, grabs gnoll fang and just continues on his merry way. This is the conversation that ensued displaying the true nature of this individual:

https://i.imgur.com/ErLpm68.jpg

Complete idiocy abound

NegaStoat
10-31-2019, 01:53 AM
You're probably well aware of this, but any player (or grouped players) that kill a mob automatically are the only ones that can loot the corpse. Period. Full stop. Guides probably won't have the time at this stage of things to answer a petition to parse the log to see if someone ripped off a bronze weapon or something off a corpse that they didn't kill, but if you have screenshots / video that's convincing to supply with a report, I say, go for it.

TanDemain
10-31-2019, 01:59 AM
The Guild Loyalty handled it very well, I have no more complaints knowing that the issue has been addressed.

Pro tip, don't be a douche.

gnomishfirework
10-31-2019, 02:15 AM
This is like those videos of old white ladies saying something racist.

senna
10-31-2019, 08:46 AM
Oh no your precious gnoll fang :rolleyes:

Baler
10-31-2019, 08:48 AM
inb4 rnf section
Bard seems "normal"

Legidias
10-31-2019, 09:21 AM
You never have a reason to peek at corpses you didn't kill or your group didn't kill. 0 tolerance as it should be. Killer gets to determine value, not the ninja looter.

saftbudet
10-31-2019, 10:12 AM
wow, all this about a gnoll fang. You do not feel you perhaps taken this abit to serious :-)

curtischoy
10-31-2019, 10:28 AM
Gnoll fangs aren't serious business?
This guy smoke some bad granola.

Gustoo
10-31-2019, 10:28 AM
Wait a sec youz guyzes are telling me that you're supposed to let all corpses rot if you didn't have a personal hand in killing said mob, even in a minimum level dungeon?

That is totally bonker balls =/

beeshma_nameless
10-31-2019, 10:30 AM
if you are looting alphabetically, and person whose turn is dead (and legging it back, won't make it in time unless he/she is bound outside BB btw), next person loot it. The player who died can loot 2 on his/her next turn.

Corpses unlock for all at the 5 minute mark - so griping about someone looting an open loot is quite obtuse, really.

BlackBellamy
10-31-2019, 10:34 AM
Gnoll fangs aren't serious business.

I feel like this should be some sort of server credo.

Danger
10-31-2019, 10:36 AM
What if there was some sort of mechanic that allowed players to resolve disputes, be they personal (player conduct) or over resources (camps, items, etc), using the game's combat system?

cd288
10-31-2019, 10:46 AM
Eh. If a corpse is just sitting there past the time when a non group member was locked out of looting it, I would assume the group is just leaving it to rot. Easy mistake to make there, nothing to get all wound up about if it happened once

Khorza
10-31-2019, 10:55 AM
Loot is free-for-all after 2 minutes.

The corpse sat there unlooted for at least 2 minutes.

Normal didn't really do anything wrong and his response was fine. OP is the one looking bad for putting this guy on blast for looting a gnoll fang that no one else wanted.

If you really need to hold a corpse for someone else, then loot it and don't leave the loot window. No one else will be able to loot it until you leave the window.

oldhead
10-31-2019, 11:01 AM
wait we are not allow to loot unlocked corpses? Even junk loot like gnoll fangs?

If that is the case just perma lock corpses please. If not the case then wtf.

Jibartik
10-31-2019, 11:09 AM
What if there was some sort of mechanic that allowed players to resolve disputes, be they personal (player conduct) or over resources (camps, items, etc), using the game's combat system?

Then everyone would stop playing :o

https://i.imgur.com/dK5NCdA.png

Widan
10-31-2019, 11:11 AM
Loot is free-for-all after 2 mins.

Yikes that is the complete opposite of the server rules. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with them.

wait we are not allow to loot unlocked corpses? Even junk loot like gnoll fangs?

Correct. If you did not kill a mob you are not permitted to loot anything from it without the person who killed its permission

Danger
10-31-2019, 11:18 AM
You never have a reason to peek at corpses you didn't kill or your group didn't kill. 0 tolerance as it should be. Killer gets to determine value, not the ninja looter.

Yikes that is the complete opposite of the server rules. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with them.

Correct. If you did not kill a mob you are not permitted to loot anything from it without the person who killed its permission

I feel like I am being trolled here and took the bait but.. you guys can't be serious. Is that really a blue/green rule?

Kron
10-31-2019, 11:18 AM
I totally get the posters frustration. We had a guy who was been vulture in Crushbone one night. Handling large pulls from Bridge and Task while this guy would sit back and keep checking bodies till he find an open one because we were too busy trying to CC and down Legos.

To add to his sly tactics he would pull Cents out from us who had been Mezzed by our Ench's to help manage adds.

Try chasing him out and even reported him but he kept up his antics for about an hour before moving on.

Widan
10-31-2019, 11:20 AM
Yea there was a big thread on general forum about it with GMs weighing in. Looting a corpse that isn't yours they consider ninja looting regardless of the timer.

Danger
10-31-2019, 11:23 AM
Yea there was a big thread on general forum about it with GMs weighing in. Looting a corpse that isn't yours they consider ninja looting regardless of the timer.

cringing irl

I'm not just posting that for effect, I am literally cringing.

senna
10-31-2019, 11:30 AM
cringing irl

Welcome to p99 buddy. Theres a rule for everything and the lawyers are watching :cool:

Jimjam
10-31-2019, 11:33 AM
cringing irl

Yep, the corpse only opens up 'publically' so either helpers from outside the dps group get to loot, the dps group sells an mq to someone out of group, or loot rights are somehow otherwise distributed by the dps group to a third party.

Its kinda yikes, but the rule seems to be there to make ninja loot petitions faster to deal with / more clean cut.

Remember never loot a corpse you didn't kill unless you were given express permission.

Khorza
10-31-2019, 11:37 AM
If that's a rule then it's a terrible one and no one follows it.

The corpse timer is literally a mechanic of the game implemented by the developers. The corpse opens up for anyone to loot after 2 minutes. That is obviously the intended game mechanic. If you can't loot it within that time, and no one feels like locking the corpse down, then that's too bad.

I will continue to loot open corpses, as it was intended by the original game designers. Not all laws are just laws.

Jibartik
10-31-2019, 11:39 AM
Well this thread is taking a turn for the worst.

senna
10-31-2019, 11:41 AM
If that's a rule then it's a terrible one and no one follows it.

The corpse timer is literally a mechanic of the game implemented by the developers. The corpse opens up for anyone to loot after 2 minutes. That is obviously the intended game mechanic. If you can't loot it within that time, and no one feels like locking the corpse down, then that's too bad.

I will continue to loot open corpses, as it was intended by the original game designers. Not all laws are just laws.

If thats your defense aganst the rule lawyers then you might as well cut your losses now and quit playing on here lmao :D:D

these people will literally make up their own narrative of why things are the way they are, just look at jimjams fictional novel on open corpses a few posts up.

Danger
10-31-2019, 11:43 AM

gamers rise up (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjFxgHedgM&feature=youtu.be&t=16)

Khorza
10-31-2019, 11:46 AM
gamers rise up (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjFxgHedgM&feature=youtu.be&t=16)

ok?

If you think that the developers of the game intended looting of public corpses to be a bannable offense then you may have been dropped on your head a few too many times.

Danger
10-31-2019, 11:50 AM
ok?

If you think that the developers of the game intended looting of public corpses to be a bannable offense then you may have been dropped on your head a few too many times.

no i agree with you. why else would corpses even unlock to begin with? I disagree with most of the nonsense rules and the resulting lawyering blue players have established.

IMHO the rules should consist of no boxing, no training, no RMT. Thats it.

Jibartik
10-31-2019, 11:52 AM
fight fight fight

Khorza
10-31-2019, 11:53 AM
Right, and if it was intended to only be lootable by "approved peoples" then corpses would stay locked for everyone with some sort of command similar to /consent to give approval to loot corpses.

But the developers didn't do that.

Because they're meant to be public.

Because that's the more immersive, fantasy experience. World of Warcraft fixed the drama too by keeping corpses locked forever and making you ineligible to loot something unless you were present in the group or raid for the kill. Sure that's easier for customer service, but it's also more restrictive and makes the game less interesting.

Danger
10-31-2019, 11:57 AM
fight fight fight

i agree, people should settle in-game disputes via combat.

oldhead
10-31-2019, 11:59 AM

Hard for me to believe. Can you link this rule?

If that is the rule just get rid of the timer. Keep corpses locked.

senna
10-31-2019, 12:02 PM
Hard for me to believe. Can you link this rule?

If that is the rule just get rid of the timer. Keep corpses locked.

Top guilds cant sell loot then, duh. Who do you think is lobbying these rules? :D:D:D

Jibartik
10-31-2019, 12:02 PM
i agree, people should settle in-game disputes via combat.

u2 would have pvped each other to death accidentally and I would have looted the corpse lol blue wins again. :o

Jimjam
10-31-2019, 12:04 PM
these people will literally make up their own narrative of why things are the way they are, just look at jimjams fictional novel on open corpses a few posts up.

I was describing how 'public corpses' work here on p1999, not the original designers intent.

Obviously the hardcoded mechanic is anyone can loot a public corpse, and you are right if someone looted an item off an open corpse because no one locked it then just tfb.

What i was describing here is the consequences of the rule as enforced here, which is make sure you have permission to loot a corpse (whether by paying for loot rights, being present for a raid, or politely asking.

It's not too hard to ask if you can loot someones rots, hell you could even have a hotkey if you make a habbit of it. Hell, I was asking if i could loot rotting ruined pelts; nobody cares about that, but its just part of the server dynamic.

Jibartik
10-31-2019, 12:07 PM
Gms aint gonna ban someone who is good and just looting some random corpse even if the killer of that mob is like HOW DARE YE

unless you say "I suggest you review the video I sent you he was clearly afk camping" :o

Danger
10-31-2019, 12:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZIVQ79mJ9I

Chintofv
10-31-2019, 12:11 PM
I have to laugh at this whole thread...people all over the forums praising green because all the toxic players are on blue, yet here we are. Same toxicity, different server. Damn, shaming and naming over a freaking gnoll fang. You guys need to chill out.

westarcher
10-31-2019, 12:12 PM
This might just be me but my experience in everfrost has been nothing but people not picking up items.
Decent stuff too! Either people dont realize the value of some stuff or their bags are full, and this has carried over into bb as well, I'm not going to lie I've found fangs on corpses with nobody really around as well.

He does have a point, people are going to be checking corpses like crazy. Definitely take advantage of the loot timer

Khorza
10-31-2019, 12:21 PM
It's not too hard to ask if you can loot someones rots

Sure but now you're introducing a bunch of problems that never existed in the first place.

How do you determine who "owns" that corpse? There's nothing in the game to allow you to do this, and just because someone is sitting by a corpse doesn't mean that they killed the mob. There's no way to ensure that the person allowing you to loot a corpse ever had authority to do such a thing in the first place.

Investigating the whos, whats, whys, whens, and hows of corpse ownership also takes an investment of time beyond just looting the corpse. What if the person doesn't respond? What if you can't track down the owner? What if someone else just loots it while you're performing your investigation?

Now you've turned one of the most simple and agreed on parts of the game into an inquisition.

bum3
10-31-2019, 12:53 PM
So this is how corpsing items and selling them began? With a rule that says ignore the corpse timers and you cannot loot at all unless you did the killing? Seems like such a RMT purpose to create a rule for a minor set of population.

stewe
10-31-2019, 12:57 PM
I will continue to loot corpses that have been unlocked as i have always done, you have plenty of time to loot your kill while it is locked (raid targets are obviously different), GMs arent going to be banning ppl for lootings a gnoll fang

Llandris
10-31-2019, 01:00 PM
A lot of misinformation in this thread. These questions are easily answered by reading the PNP that is posted everywhere on these forums.

Danger
10-31-2019, 01:04 PM
A lot of misinformation in this thread. These questions are easily answered by reading the PNP that is posted everywhere on these forums.

I didn't kill this bear. I looted this chunk of meat.

https://i.imgur.com/nihe4em.png

Is that against the rules?

Jimjam
10-31-2019, 01:06 PM
Sure but now you're introducing a bunch of problems that never existed in the first place.

How do you determine who "owns" that corpse? There's nothing in the game to allow you to do this, and just because someone is sitting by a corpse doesn't mean that they killed the mob. There's no way to ensure that the person allowing you to loot a corpse ever had authority to do such a thing in the first place.

Investigating the whos, whats, whys, whens, and hows of corpse ownership also takes an investment of time beyond just looting the corpse. What if the person doesn't respond? What if you can't track down the owner? What if someone else just loots it while you're performing your investigation?

Now you've turned one of the most simple and agreed on parts of the game into an inquisition.i'm not introducing problems, I'm being realistic in dealing with 'problems' the server's owners have introduced for whatever their own reasons are. My choices are adapt, go somewhere else or spend 10 years creating my own classic server complete with volunteer csr.

If you didn't kill a mob and you can't verify permission from the 'owner' just don't loot.

bum3
10-31-2019, 01:28 PM
im'a be a man about it and be the first to say i'd have looted that fang too

Me too. Most of us would have. There are ways the group can easily manage the loot better. IE the next person loots and when that person gets back they loot the next and order resumed as normal. Just silly. Timer was created for a reason.

Wwen42
10-31-2019, 01:42 PM
I expected a virulent douche bag, but the log was a big ole nothing burger. The admin team would create even less work for themselves if they just said "make sure you loot your mobs, it's not our problem." And rode off into the sunset like cowboys.

Khorza
10-31-2019, 01:43 PM

Instead of saying "there's a lot of misinformation here" - maybe clear up the misinformation. The reason that there's misinformation is because apparently the rule isn't clear. Isn't the goal to create a fair and clear set of rules to reduce the workload of the volunteer support staff?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Play Nice Policy (http://wiki.project1999.com/Play_nice_policy) that you referenced doesn't seem to mention anything about corpse timers.

The admin team would create even less work for themselves if they just said "make sure you loot your mobs, it's not our problem." And rode off into the sunset like cowboys.

Yup, exactly. "Loot your mobs within the 2 minute timer. Support staff is not responsible for the distribution of loot items once the 2 minute timer has passed."

cd288
10-31-2019, 01:44 PM
I have to laugh at this whole thread...people all over the forums praising green because all the toxic players are on blue, yet here we are. Same toxicity, different server. Damn, shaming and naming over a freaking gnoll fang. You guys need to chill out.

Yeah I was always confused by that expectation that there wouldn't be any toxicity on Green. The toxicity on Blue doesn't primarily start until the raid scene because Blue has been around so long that when people are leveling they're generally fully geared up and just casually leveling their alt (plus there's no competition for many valuable turn ins in the early levels such as Gnoll Fangs, Bandit Sashes, and Bone Chips). So people don't care enough to be toxic.

Green was never going to be this miraculous experience with zero toxicity. There are plenty of players who are completely toxic about maximizing their XP and loot to the nth degree (Ginix to name one).

Wwen42
10-31-2019, 01:45 PM
Dood, how hard is it to "play nice" whatever that means. "Nice" in this case means reporting someone for doing something the mechanics allows. Not nice is being that bard, fuck that guy with a spoon.

Khorza
10-31-2019, 01:48 PM
Okay, so the Play Nice Policy on the forum differs from the one on the Wiki. So much for a clear set of rules. No wonder people are confused.

I found one reference to this topic on the forum-version of the PNP:

4. You may not Ninja Loot.
Ninja looting defined is when a player, disregarding the players or player who killed a mob, loots an item that is generally regarded as significant or valuable from the mob they did not kill. This is strictly prohibited and will result in removal of the item(s) and any appropriate disciplinary action.

Not very clear and still invites plenty of interpretation. This is also suggests that people were mostly right in this thread, so I'm still confused about what the misinformation is.

This rule does not draw a distinction between mobs that were killed within your group and outside of your group. There's so much that's not clear here. Again, it's not the players' faults that this is confusing.

Because logically players should be allowed to loot corpses once they've passed the public timer. That's the way this has always worked in EverQuest. If P99 has decided to diverge down a different path, then that specifically should be mentioned in the ruleset. The above-mentioned section could easily only refer to mobs killed when several people share the kill credit. That is generally where the term "ninja looting" is used in EverQuest.

Wwen42
10-31-2019, 01:51 PM
Agreed, he should have said, "yo man those are kinda valuable, there's a PNP, please don't loot ours, ok?" The bard guy was polite. Manners greases a lot of gears all around.

Frug
10-31-2019, 01:59 PM
Is it possible to "loot", but not take any items, thereby just holding the mob past its FFA timer in a state that no one else can actually loot it? Then when designated looter gets back, active looter just "Done"s, and designated looter can actually grab the thing.

Jibartik
10-31-2019, 02:01 PM
Is it possible to "loot", but not take any items, thereby just holding the mob past its FFA timer in a state that no one else can actually loot it? Then when designated looter gets back, active looter just "Done"s, and designated looter can actually grab the thing.

Lulz right now:

https://i.imgur.com/7JBw592.png

Wurl
10-31-2019, 02:18 PM
Oh no your precious gnoll fang :rolleyes:

AgentEpilot
10-31-2019, 02:22 PM

There is but then you gotta deal with being in a void of autism with only 20 people, and that’s being generous.

Legidias
10-31-2019, 02:26 PM
So much loot entitlement in this thread, even after GM input

Smashed
10-31-2019, 02:31 PM
Not to be offensive, but just out of curiosity...what flavor of mental disorder drove the OP to make this post about a missing gnoll fang? Most people who played on live and are unfamiliar with the rules here would have looted that fang. Where is the understanding?

Bazia
10-31-2019, 02:33 PM
I get frustrated with long time blue players who are incredibly passive aggressive and first tell to you will be "I just screenshotted you hitting my mob with an arrow, and if you do it again I'll have rogean ban you he hangs out in my discord, learn the rules next time you selfish ass"

they are way more toxic than they like to pretend, i literally got this tell from someone for training my archery on a red con gnoll guard

you can definitely tell who are the psychopaths who've lawyerquested on blue WAY too long

Wurl
10-31-2019, 02:34 PM
you can definitely tell the psychopaths who've lawyerquested on blue WAY too long
Yeah, OP is 100% the asshole here.

Bazia
10-31-2019, 02:47 PM
hanging out in unrest
see level 12 ranger fighting beetles solo
he gets an add is at 20% life
send in pet to help him
receive screeching message about stealing his pull as he falls over dead
banned 2 weeks for not respecting policies

whats sad is i cant tell if this is an exaggeration or not, it sounds exactly like something that would happen

you just forgot to add that they had <insert random staff member> in their discord

Wurl
10-31-2019, 02:51 PM
Someone should Name & Shame the OP, so I can make sure I never group with a lawyer questing asshole.

Danger
10-31-2019, 02:51 PM
hanging out in unrest
send in pet to help him

so basically keep to yourself. bind /hidecorpse all to all movement keys. dont talk. dont help people. pnp real clear: no questions

report all unbecoming activity to public forums, petition, and every member of the offending player's guild asap. if u see something say something

heartily lold

TanDemain
10-31-2019, 02:58 PM
Yeah, OP is 100% the asshole here.

So, our group kills a mob and gets an elite guard on us. We finally take it down and sit down at our camp next to the corpse. Our friend bound outside was on his way in and back down to us when normal runs up to the corpse right in front of me sitting and takes the fang and runs. Our friend would have been there in 30seconds. I get I could have looted it and he would get next but you all assume he was staying, which he wasn't. He was coming back for his stuff and fang and leaving.

Such vitriol in this thread it's just sad.

Bazia
10-31-2019, 03:00 PM
So, our group kills a mob and gets an elite guard on us. We finally take it down and sit down at our camp next to the corpse. Our friend bound outside was on his way in and back down to us when normal runs up to the corpse right in front of me sitting and takes the fang and runs. Our friend would have been there in 30seconds. I get I could have looted it and he would get next but you all assume he was staying, which he wasn't. He was coming back for his stuff and fans and leaving.

just shut up and play the game, people are sick of weak minded effeminate crybabies shitting up the game with passive aggressive "IM GONNA CRY TO A GUIDE AND ALL OF YOUR GUILD" tells for everything under the damn sun

Danger
10-31-2019, 03:03 PM
So, our group kills a mob and gets an elite guard on us. We finally take it down and sit down at our camp next to the corpse. Our friend bound outside was on his way in and back down to us when normal runs up to the corpse right in front of me sitting and takes the fang and runs. Our friend would have been there in 30seconds. I get I could have looted it and he would get next but you all assume he was staying, which he wasn't. He was coming back for his stuff and fans and leaving.

https://i.imgur.com/sOELst9.png

Wurl
10-31-2019, 03:06 PM
You PM'd this guy's entire guild and then screen-shotted a tiny snippet of a log in an attempt to make this guy look as bad as possible. Then you posted a thread about it. All over a gnoll tooth.

You're a lawyer questing asshole. You're what people hate on P99 way more than a guy looting a rotting corpse.

nectarprime
10-31-2019, 03:08 PM
OP is a fucking baby.

Legidias
10-31-2019, 03:10 PM
If your first reaction is to steal another player's loot, you are the toxic one and not him.

NegaStoat
All of these new players, banned players, and pvp refugees making up rules on the fly and name calling when you don't agree with them are developmentally disabled. Zero tolerance on looting what you didn't kill.

nectarprime
If your first reaction is to steal another player's loot, you are the toxic one and not him.

Looting an open corpse is not stealing.

Jibartik
10-31-2019, 03:11 PM
1000 green plat bounty if you can ban anyone upset in this thread for looting a trash item of yours with SS's to prove it.

Wurl
10-31-2019, 03:12 PM
All of these new players, banned players, and pvp refugees
name calling

making up rules on the fly
Zero tolerance on looting what you didn't kill.

lmao at this post

TanDemain
10-31-2019, 03:15 PM
You PM'd this guy's entire guild and then screen-shotted a tiny snippet of a log in an attempt to make this guy look as bad as possible. Then you posted a thread about it. All over a gnoll tooth.

You're a lawyer questing asshole. You're what people hate on P99 way more than a guy looting a rotting corpse.

I pm'd one person which happened to be the correct guildie, you assume so much and know so little. You seem to be much more angry about this than me. I also only posted the entire conversation iirc, it wasn't more than a few words back and forth (his response about not needing an excuse and being unapologetic was also of note). I didn't cherry pick anything to make him look bad, he does that to himself.

I posted it because I believe that behavior should be frowned upon. I'm sitting in front of a corpse with a groupmate, all he had to do was ask. A gnoll fang may not be important to you, but 3 fangs at low levels is over 10% of a level. I don't have much time to game and would dislike if it happened to me.

NegaStoat
10-31-2019, 03:15 PM
lmao at this post

I'm actually considering rolling Green now, taking a character to a moderate level (probably an enchanter) and whacking mobs in an area like Oasis with OBS running, and reporting players with video clip evidence of breaking the loot rules while letting corpses rot.

You think Green doesn't have any PvP? Guess again!

TanDemain
10-31-2019, 03:16 PM
Looting an open corpse is not stealing.

Looting an open corpse at an established camp allowed?

Danger
10-31-2019, 03:17 PM
Every day I check the forums and think I found the most mad thread possible and laugh at it, post a couple of hastily made MS Paint memes here and there for my own amusement, but each day something even more preposterous is posted. This has got to be the apex though I can't even comprehend a thread worse than this one.

Wurl
10-31-2019, 03:20 PM
I'm actually considering rolling Green now, taking a character to a moderate level (probably an enchanter) and whacking mobs in an area like Oasis with OBS running, and reporting players with video clip evidence of breaking the loot rules while letting corpses rot.

You think Green doesn't have any PvP? Guess again!
Heck yeah, #TeamLawyerQuest. Trust me that your posts definitely don't make you seem:

developmentally disabled

iamnotsalem
10-31-2019, 03:22 PM
OP is a little bitch AND hes gay

NegaStoat
10-31-2019, 03:24 PM
Looting an open corpse at an established camp allowed?

It's absolutely not allowed. Let's say you're a semi competent necro killing guards in Felwithe and you overpull and end up having to deal with 3 of them. By the time the 3rd one is dead, the first guard corpse and possibly the second will open up and a noob drives by and loots both. The server staff already considered situations like this and agreed that the person killing the mobs owns the corpses.

So, where do you draw the line? A mob that has a fungi? A mob that has a berserker whip? A mob that has a FS 2h sword? A mob that has a CB belt? The answer is, no line is drawn. Don't loot it if you didn't kill it.

And yeah, rolling a Green character now. Legacy loot can go eff itself. Getting folks suspended for free? That's a reason worth boxing for.

Heck yeah, #TeamLawyerQuest. Trust me that your posts definitely don't make you seem: That's some big talk from a little man that won't be looting corpses for fear of getting nabbed.

Danger
10-31-2019, 03:26 PM
So, where do you draw the line? A mob that has a fungi? A mob that has a berserker whip? A mob that has a FS 2h sword? A mob that has a CB belt? There answer is, no line is drawn.

A sane person would say the line is drawn after you had 2 minutes to loot the corpse now the corpse is open to public looting as Brad (peace be upon him) intended.

bum3
10-31-2019, 03:28 PM
It's absolutely not allowed. Let's say you're a semi competent necro killing guards in Felwithe and you overpull and end up having to deal with 3 of them

You make a point of semi competent necro but then discredit your statement following with overpulling 2 of them. Semi competent necro would only overpull 1.

Wurl
10-31-2019, 03:29 PM
That's some big talk from a little man that won't be looting corpses for fear of getting nabbed.
https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/?s=V294a6d200-fc14-11e9-aa8c-02a0c9ee1627.pdf&t=NaturalReader%20Document

NegaStoat
10-31-2019, 03:31 PM
You make a point of semi competent necro but then discredit your statement following with overpulling 2 of them. Semi competent necro would only overpull 1.

Pulling 2 at once from screwing up a spawn timer happens even to the best of players. Having the 3rd one join in from the spawn point back at the zone line tunnel is usually par for the course. If the necro couldn't kill all 3, then they're below semi competent. Those are the players leaving lizard corpses for days.

Danger
10-31-2019, 03:35 PM
the Bluebie cries out in pain as he strikes you

bum3
10-31-2019, 03:35 PM
Pulling 2 at once from screwing up a spawn timer happens even to the best of players. Having the 3rd one join in from the spawn point back at the zone line tunnel is usually par for the course. If the necro couldn't kill all 3, then they're below semi competent. Those are the players leaving lizard corpses for days.

Just loot while killing them. You aren't kiting them.

Llandris
10-31-2019, 03:36 PM
Okay, so the Play Nice Policy on the forum differs from the one on the Wiki. So much for a clear set of rules. No wonder people are confused

The staff does not maintain the wiki. The rules you need to know are posted on this site. Originally, I was going to paste the rule here but I would rather encourage new players like yourself to read the rules so there is no confusion.

Danger
10-31-2019, 03:39 PM
The staff does not maintain the wiki. The rules you need to know are posted on this site. Originally, I was going to paste the rule here but I would rather encourage new players like yourself to read the rules so there is no confusion.

here is the rule as posted on the forums

"Ninja looting defined is when a player, disregarding the players or player who killed a mob, loots an item that is generally regarded as significant or valuable from the mob they did not kill. This is strictly prohibited and will result in removal of the item(s) and any appropriate disciplinary action."

Does it apply if the corpse is rotted to the point of being unlocked?

Does that apply to bat wing? gnoll fangs? fine steel weapons? What is considered significant or valuable?

If I'm the rogue in a naggy raid and kill naggy and jack the CoF is it not ninja looting bc I killed the mob?

What if I regard the player who killed the gnoll? "Hey thx for the fang"

Some clarity would be appreciated.

P.S. all of this is dumb.

Chintofv
10-31-2019, 03:42 PM
What makes this post so ludicrous is it’s over a gnoll fang. Hopefully someone will revisit this thread in two weeks. Can’t imagine it will age well. Now, if Normal had replied to your PM with “fangs not up”, then that would have been classic.

Gustoo
10-31-2019, 03:49 PM
hanging out in unrest
send in pet to help him

Can you confirm real story?

It hits so close to home that I am inclined to believe it to be true.

bum3
10-31-2019, 03:49 PM
Most of the rules are confusing and left up to interpretation. Specially this one "-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area." Is a camp an area or is a zone? If 2 mages are killing a 7 spawn goblin camp of lvl 10s and the mobs around it are lvl 4... is that not the entire area of lvl 10 mobs? Do they not have to share it? I was a guide on Tunare for 3 months. It was the same. It was up to the guide to make that decision on their own. So it all depended on which guide you got that day for what outcome happened.

Gustoo
10-31-2019, 03:50 PM
Someone should Name & Shame the OP, so I can make sure I never group with a lawyer questing asshole.

What is your player name OP

Just wondering for academic reasons only.

Danger
10-31-2019, 03:56 PM
Too busy with petitions regarding Bats, Gnolls, Orcs, Wolves, Skeletons and Goblins. A true halloween event!

Llandris
10-31-2019, 03:56 PM
Does it apply if the corpse is rotted to the point of being unlocked?

"Unlocked" does not mean the item or items are FFA.

Does that apply to bat wing? gnoll fangs? fine steel weapons? What is considered significant or valuable?

That depends. A FS weapon can be significant to a new player. Nobody is getting suspended over a bat wing.

If I'm the rogue in a naggy raid and kill naggy and jack the CoF is it not ninja looting bc I killed the mob?

Were you given permission by the GL or RL? If the answer is no, then it's still considered ninja looting.

What if I regard the player who killed the gnoll? "Hey thx for the fang"

lol

Some clarity would be appreciated.

P.S. all of this is dumb.

You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3

Jibartik
10-31-2019, 04:05 PM
If you loot a batwing, and I say please stop, and you say ok and then keep looting them, I bet that'd get you banned, but nobody is going to get banned over AH batwing I think he is saying.

whitebandit
10-31-2019, 04:19 PM
defined is when a player, disregarding the players or player who killed a mob, loots an item that is generally regarded as significant or valuable from the mob they did not kill

Hmm I wonder if this applies the List :-p

NegaStoat
10-31-2019, 04:20 PM
I was trolling. The only thing that's a bigger waste of time than playing Green would be playing Green with a character locked in its 20's wasting Guide's time with loot reports. No one could pay me to play there as it is.

Wurl
10-31-2019, 04:30 PM
I was trolling. The only thing that's a bigger waste of time than playing Green would be playing Green with a character locked in its 20's wasting Guide's time with loot reports.
ahh *clicks on Green Server forum* time to epically troll these guys. Little do they know I don't even LIKE green server.

Bazia
10-31-2019, 04:37 PM
staff is way too intrusive here, not classic and feeds into these weirdo passive aggressive nutters who are dicks to everyone

Jibartik
10-31-2019, 04:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/kUufoZt.png

dont b mad u got trolled :o

Jibartik
10-31-2019, 04:44 PM
Remember what you told me? :) Never let them know you're mad.

Vexenu
10-31-2019, 04:46 PM
If you are NOT ninja looting chunks of meat from every bear corpse you run by then I don't wanna group with you. I only group with players who are HUNGRY for those pixels. Every pixel counts. Every chunk of meat looted is a victory.

#pixelquest

AgentEpilot
10-31-2019, 04:51 PM
hanging out in unrest
send in pet to help him

That'd make a good green text, mysides.jpg

immothep
10-31-2019, 05:55 PM
Fang not up ?

Gustoo
10-31-2019, 06:00 PM
I keep reading parts of this thread and I keep feeling sicker and sicker.

Jimjam
10-31-2019, 06:01 PM
I keep reading parts of this thread and I keep feeling sicker and sicker.

Excuse me, did you ask permission to loot this thread?

Thats it! I'm calling the authorities!

Jibartik
10-31-2019, 06:10 PM
Thread off limits

all corpses too lol

Gustoo
10-31-2019, 06:27 PM
Excuse me, did you ask permission to loot this thread?

Thats it! I'm calling the authorities!

Just please don't tell my mom

Wwen42
10-31-2019, 06:35 PM
Am I being detained?

Enshadowed
10-31-2019, 07:32 PM
Looting an item off a rotting corpse that's been there a while isn't a huge deal on its own, at least to me. What I find particularly egregious about this case, is that it sounds like someone just walked up to a camp and started looting corpses. That's messed up, unless you've gotten permission from said group.

If it was a lone corpse out in the middle of nowhere with a minute or so remaining? I wouldn't fault anyone for looting. But that's not what happened, and seems a little weird that anyone would try to defend this.

That being said, not sure if this was a big enough deal to make a thread about. /ignore and move on.

Muggens
10-31-2019, 10:45 PM
A sane person would say the line is drawn after you had 2 minutes to loot the corpse now the corpse is open to public looting as Brad (peace be upon him) intended.

Fammaden
10-31-2019, 11:04 PM
Looting an item off a rotting corpse that's been there a while isn't a huge deal on its own, at least to me. What I find particularly egregious about this case, is that it sounds like someone just walked up to a camp and started looting corpses. That's messed up, unless you've gotten permission from said group.

If it was a lone corpse out in the middle of nowhere with a minute or so remaining? I wouldn't fault anyone for looting. But that's not what happened, and seems a little weird that anyone would try to defend this.

Pretty much this. I've seen that situation in the past on blue. Group grinding away on HK gobs, doing alpha for loot turns for ears. Tank/puller is letting corpses build up on his turn so he can keep his rotation/timing on the pulls going then comes to loot a bunch to get his ear.

Some shitty rogue comes up and starts looting our gobs. We all start giving him a ton of shit in /say and his excuse was "they were rotting". No one would call that dude in the right, corpse timer or not. At the very least anyone would agree he should ASK FIRST.

OP story is an even more small-time version of mine but the point is there should be a standard of behavior we expect as a community or else we'd all suffer on the other end someday. Most of the rules revolve around those player communal expectations, and if there was zero effort by staff to enforce anything then P99 wouldn't have lasted this long.

Jibartik
10-31-2019, 11:19 PM
Guys we should listen to theses really upset red players maybe they're right about how these rules should appeal more to people like them?

cd288
10-31-2019, 11:39 PM
Pretty much this. I've seen that situation in the past on blue. Group grinding away on HK gobs, doing alpha for loot turns for ears. Tank/puller is letting corpses build up on his turn so he can keep his rotation/timing on the pulls going then comes to loot a bunch to get his ear.

Some shitty rogue comes up and starts looting our gobs. We all start giving him a ton of shit in /say and his excuse was "they were rotting". No one would call that dude in the right, corpse timer or not. At the very least anyone would agree he should ASK FIRST.

OP story is an even more small-time version of mine but the point is there should be a standard of behavior we expect as a community or else we'd all suffer on the other end someday. Most of the rules revolve around those player communal expectations, and if there was zero effort by staff to enforce anything then P99 wouldn't have lasted this long.

Was the rogues name Merclike?

Sweeper41
11-01-2019, 12:48 AM
You're probably well aware of this, but any player (or grouped players) that kill a mob automatically are the only ones that can loot the corpse. Period. Full stop. Guides probably won't have the time at this stage of things to answer a petition to parse the log to see if someone ripped off a bronze weapon or something off a corpse that they didn't kill, but if you have screenshots / video that's convincing to supply with a report, I say, go for it.

Should be a hoot to just hang around in the newbe areas and screenshot everyone who loots something that someone else killed and just didnt loot and report them. I mean if its full stop and all that.

Sarcasm aside, if its someone hanging around your camp and looting your stuff when your not looking that's one thing. Just the way people get so anal over these things laughable. Rare mobs are one thing sure but it just sounds ridiculous that you can report someone for looting your spider silk because you had to let the dog out and missed your 2 min window to loot.

Cyph
11-01-2019, 01:20 AM
I would be interesting to know whether the non-group looter was new to P99 or an existing (Blue/Red) player?

When grouped I always tell people to loot before someone else does. If the person in rotation isn't available, the next person in rotation loots and that person gets next. No big deal.

And hate to say it, this is classic; I remember those invis rogues hanging around corpses waiting to loot back in the day. Get off my lawn.

Vizax_Xaziv
11-01-2019, 01:42 AM
Dude was in the right and did nothing wrong.

I've never even heard of chicken shit like this before this thread.

That's ninja looting dude. If a RAID mob's corpse unlocks that doesn't given any random schmuck the right to come up and loot and a GROUP mob's corpse is no different. Its the property of the raid and/or group that killed it

whitebandit
11-01-2019, 01:44 AM
A single gnoll fang.

13 pages and counting.

saftbudet
11-01-2019, 02:11 AM
:D:D:D:D

13 pages about the ninja looted fang!

Just wait 2 weeks or so and Lguk will be crowded, full of grief and despair.

Magikarp
11-01-2019, 04:19 AM
Why isn't this moved to rnf? Isn't publicly shaming someone the definition of a flame? Can we get a janitor to the green section in general please?

From the looks of it, it's some rando who came back to eq for green and didn't realize how severely serious business every little thing in p99 had become

You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3

Cool nice attitude. And when they leave, the rest of us who stay will get to openly discuss what staff or player action drove them away. I hope

Natewest1987
11-01-2019, 04:55 AM
This behavior is actually pathetic, and I’m not talking about the dumb bard. Someone ticks you off in-game? Over a freaking Gnoll fang? Move on, social popo. How many crappy people do you interact with everyday and what do you ever actually by carrying the negativity forward? Complain to your group of friends, not a public forum.

beeshma_nameless
11-01-2019, 06:47 AM
Is noone gonna address this glaring issue from OPs post:

- Their group killed a gnoll (during which one team member died) in Black Burrow. The gnoll had a fang.
- The dead member's turn it was, for fang loot.
- The group waited for the dead chap to leg it and loot it.

Can someone tell me how feasible it is to run as a low level (dodge mobs etc), zone twice AND get to a corpse to loot a fang all within 5 mins or so?

I think the OP's group itself didn't think it through.

I am amused that Blue had such clowns they had to rule lawyer up ninja looting. Which hilariously, seems to be applied to lowbie items also in this thread.

If your group/raid could not get who loots what sorted out in a few minutes, you got bigger issues than the loot, really.

Jimjam
11-01-2019, 06:51 AM
For equity of name and shame, what is OP's toon name?

beeshma_nameless
11-01-2019, 06:54 AM

I don't understand. Others during their turn were looting mobs as they died. Tank / puller on his turn lets them pile up for timer?

Is this for spawn timer for each goblin?

Magikarp
11-01-2019, 07:11 AM
For equity of name and shame, what is OP's toon name?

I'll try to get it from Normal if he ever logs in again. Wouldn't blame him if he didn't

Could you imagine? if you were walking around blackburrow for the one of the first times ever, you just learned about the fang quest, you form a habit of checking all the corpses. You spot one as you're passing by, and go "oh neat a fang!" loot and it and 'go on your merry way.'
`
Next thing you know there's someone lecturing you in tells: you respond calmly but it's a no drop item worth ~2% of level 8 and it drops all the time. What can you do?
Your guild kicks you
A gm contacts you and suspends you
You go on the forums and there's a 14 page thread of people calling you an idiot and arguing about your actions

Welcome to green. And no I don't know what happened or if he is suspended. Normal has not spoken or revealed himself yet. All we have is this thread and Llandris' cryptic warnings.

White_knight
11-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Lol wow...14 page thread over a gnoll fang.

kjs86z
11-01-2019, 07:56 AM
Lol wow...14 page thread over a gnoll fang.

Consider Blue today!

Muggens
11-01-2019, 08:21 AM
Publicly "shaming" someone over a gnoll fang... OP is an incredible loser

Llandris
11-01-2019, 08:27 AM
Nobody is suspended. Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Go play EQ