PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Problems zoning this morning

magusfire24
10-30-2019, 08:09 AM
I have not had any issues with the server so far. Been playing since last Friday. I did notice today that when I tried to log in from character select the "welcome to P99 green" bar never popped up. Cancelled to desktop.

Rebooted PC then got back in. Had a couple times when zoning where that same thing happened with the welcome to p99 bar not showing up after loading please wait and zone never loaded in. Though if I cancelled out of game from task manager and went back it, I was in the next zone.

Is there some temporary server instability maybe? Where the server just isnt responding fast enough on loading?

Were only about 800 on server at the time.

Deathrydar
10-30-2019, 08:44 AM
So, I play in windowed mode. Whenever my cursor goes off of the window of EQ and on to my desktop, I no longer get the "Welcome to Green" loading bar, I get the "Not responding" message in the top left hand corner of the window.

Not sure if that is what is going on here, but I noticed it.

the_only_jake
10-30-2019, 08:47 AM
Around same time when you posted this I got kicked from game , went to log back in , and the login screen with the server names was blank. restarted computer , and the server names were there , but wouldn't log to character screen , waited a while tried again , and it went to character screen but it was just the background , no UI , no character lol. After that i restart again and it took me to character screen fine , but crashed on actually loading into the zone , took about 30 min or more to get back on.

magusfire24
10-30-2019, 08:48 AM
I am in full screen mode so that isnt it. If I have problems when I try tonight I will just reinstall. Got a copy of the folder from fresh install that I can just copy over than apply the patches. Will copy my text files that signify UI placement for characters than install fresh and patch.

Just wondering if I was the only one. And if there is some slight server instability. Maybe it needs a reboot?

magusfire24
10-31-2019, 10:50 AM
Think it was a temporary server issue that morning. Today no problems logging in and getting to play a new character. *shrug*