PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: quest experience very broken

soronil
10-25-2019, 02:18 PM
Have practiced quests a ton in south qeynos. on blue and green beta over the last few weeks, with hundreds of other people

Quests are not giving Exp. Kwint's Quest, Behroe and Aenia, etc. It prints EXP message but gives not EXP. I got exp a few times out of >20 turn ins.

Many other people reporting same issue

yraapt
10-25-2019, 02:23 PM
on several of these quests I got good exp a few times, then it suddenly changed :(

Waldo73
10-25-2019, 05:34 PM
Got .5 of a level at level 3 from 16 bone chip turn ins in Kaladim (64 chips).

Should have been ~2 levels. This was the case on both Blue and Green beta.

Seems as if the max quest xp cap may have been slashed. IIRC it was ~13%.. now it's closer to ~3%.

zodias
10-25-2019, 06:33 PM
Can't help but think the quest nerf was intentionally done.

Rimson
10-25-2019, 06:48 PM
Confirm that this is completely broken. This is 100% not classic.

soronil
10-25-2019, 06:51 PM
speculation: devs freaked when someone dinged 2 within 30 seconds (halfling@reebo) and overreacted, shut it all down.

pretty lame if so. going from everQUEST emulator to everCampOneRatSpawn emulator

bbsmitz
10-25-2019, 06:57 PM
Here is a germane comment from another thread in the green server discussion section.

Well, this was simple to look up.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=366&p=4#comments

Comment made by DE, July 2000 - "This quest got my DE enchanter from level 4 to 8 with 3 bags of bone chips."
Either a change is made to a server to make it more classic, or it's made to take it somewhere else.

anarch
10-25-2019, 07:03 PM
How disappointing.

dekova
10-25-2019, 07:49 PM
They upped the spawn rate and put a throttle on Quest XP for lauch. Both are totally reasonable. I imagine things will return to normal once the chaos subsides.

soronil
10-25-2019, 08:21 PM
They upped the spawn rate and put a throttle on Quest XP for lauch. Both are totally reasonable. I imagine things will return to normal once the chaos subsides.

Yeah I would totally rather camp a single large rat spawn for hours and get ks'd than have a reasonable alternative or running around qeynos doing quests for the first few levels

This only made the bottlenecks / newbie clusterfuck way worse than it needed to be. Who cares if someone gets to level 5, or 10 a little faster because they did their homework and found a strategy. Is it not classic? Was there not a beta in 1999 where people could do the same thing?

Besides there are now people north of 10. EverQUESTers will never catch up.

Can you guys please turn quest exp back on now?

Xrevin
10-25-2019, 09:21 PM
Can confirm the exp is very much nerfed. I understand why they did it, but doing it without any warning really foiled a lot of people's plans. A heads up or some kind of transparency with communication would be appreciated.

Bacn
10-26-2019, 01:42 AM
Got .5 of a level at level 3 from 16 bone chip turn ins in Kaladim (64 chips).

Should have been ~2 levels. This was the case on both Blue and Green beta.

Seems as if the max quest xp cap may have been slashed. IIRC it was ~13%.. now it's closer to ~3%.

I turned in 9 full stacks and got barely over halfway through level 4. I thought this was just what experience rates were like at launch, and I got INCREDIBLY disheartened by it.

I understand the devs were afraid that the higher spawn rates were going to mess things up but.. like... real talk? I had to camp a single skeleton spawn point for about 4-5 hours to get that many bone chips. There was nothing to go around in North Ro, even with whatever spawn rate increase there was.

I don't want to be all salty and grumpy about it on the forums and all, but.. I spent a huge chunk of my day working on that quest. And I just want my levels...

Widan
10-26-2019, 02:07 AM
Has anyone checked crushbone belts yet?

I tried the black wolf skin turnin in wizard guild in Felwithe, as well as warrior guild in Kelethin quest with pelts/chips/eyes/fur and each was about 1% exp at level 4 per turn in. Pretty sad.

Sillyturtle
10-26-2019, 06:14 AM
I would like to know why the developers changed this, when it shouldn't be this low.

YendorLootmonkey
10-26-2019, 07:38 AM
I would like to know why the developers changed this, when it shouldn't be this low.

Probably to get people to spread out more quickly and not slum CB and BB well into their 20s for belts and fangs.

waldo
10-26-2019, 07:47 AM
I see why they did it, but disagree with thw reasoning. There are no mobs to kill at level 3/4 because the amount of people. At the very least i could have done quests for xp but now that is not an option either.

Dolalin
10-26-2019, 08:07 AM
Just so you guys know, the mad rush with nothing to kill was EQ on launch day. Throw in some CERFnet issues and packet loss and you're reliving 99!

aaezil
10-26-2019, 08:11 AM
Its a trade off for the unclassic super fast respawns that are happening now

waldo
10-26-2019, 08:21 AM
Even with the super fast respawns there still arent enough mobs for the amount of players. They should turn the normal xp back on for the quests.

aaezil
10-26-2019, 08:35 AM
I see plenty of mobs up. Lvl 4 constant pulls here

waldo
10-26-2019, 08:49 AM
What zone are you in and did people actually let you join their group? I was in steamfont where there were over 150 people on. There were over 200 people in gfay and over 120 people on butcherblock.
If you are going to set up a server so that it is classic you should keep the quests the same as they were in classic. I understand thst these quests weren't as well known on release, but nothing was known on release. Nobody knew how to trade skill or where to buy spells or even where to level at.

RAWXJZVRZLAD
10-26-2019, 09:34 AM
I see why they did it, but disagree with thw reasoning. There are no mobs to kill at level 3/4 because the amount of people. At the very least i could have done quests for xp but now that is not an option either.

The problem this actually solves is for if you're a lvl1, with bone chip xp at full value you would find 0 decaying skellies to kill because lvl 5/6 etc would still be destroying them all. With the xp nerfed on bone chip quests initially, there's no incentive to keep just mopping up all the low level skeletons When they stop giving xp for the kills. This actually will make things significantly better for the people who are just starting in the next couple days.

turbosilk
10-26-2019, 12:15 PM
Maybe where you were. Would have been nice to see a bit less fast respawn and a bit more quest exp for balance. Nerfing the exp right out of the quests isn't as balanced.

RAWXJZVRZLAD
10-26-2019, 12:18 PM
Eh, I just see it as a good faith attempt to let things be fun for everyone by the devs. No matter how they tried to deal with it, a bunch of people would be pissed off right now.

End of the day, in a week or two things will calm down a bit and the player base will stratify into power gamers and more casual. It'll sort itself out

soronil
10-26-2019, 12:29 PM
Eh, I just see it as a good faith attempt to let things be fun for everyone by the devs. No matter how they tried to deal with it, a bunch of people would be pissed off right now.

End of the day, in a week or two things will calm down a bit and the player base will stratify into power gamers and more casual. It'll sort itself out

Sure, because some people doing quests ruins fun for people trying to kill mobs. So naturally the devs nurfed the quests do that those people are forced to go compete for single spawns, increase KSing, making things more fun for EVERYONE.

When you frame it that way, makes total since. I just wish that they had nurfed this thing that that they knew about earlier or made some comment about it.

waldo
10-26-2019, 01:27 PM
I don't know what zones you have been in, but because of the population in steamfont as soon as skellies pop they are killed. I was lucky to find a spawn point and just sit on it. Thats is why a little added experience for the quest would be beneficial especially in the beginning. It helps with the bog in the low level zones in my opinion.