PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Enchanter Charm - Something is amiss

jlxharville
10-25-2019, 12:29 AM
From a prior forum post I made on this subject...

Side note: My main on blue is a 50 epic enchanter, my main before this was an enchanter...

I believe enchanter charm spells are wrong currently on green and or have been modified behind the scenes. I leveled with my shaman buddy so we are both level 35. Using Beguile (enc charm) I have not had a blue con pet last > 3 minutes from testing in Guk and also Rathe Mountains utilizing tash and always having my cha buff up. Mobs were assorted casters/melee in guk and in rathe mountains it was giant skeletons.

My Shaman friend however has been consistently landing 4+ minute charms with his level 29 animal charm spell utilizing only his malo spell.

At 120ish cha, with tash, always blue con mobs, the time for charm to break (sample test) from my sheet. I have much more data but be sure its all within these values.

36 seconds
1.18 min
15 seconds
53 seconds
47 seconds
1.56 min
55 seconds
1.34 seconds
45 seconds

So - as an oldschool player I can promise you shaman charm never outperformed enchanters. I'd like to know, what was changed? Was the % chance to drop increased or was the overall duration lowered? I'm seeing a trend. I don't want to put 3 minutes on it... but its looking like it. I have only tested using charm and beguile spells as I am not higher than 35. But I would like to hear feedback before I sink time into something that has been altered.

Can devs check out the numbers for all the charm spells? I'd also like to point out that the 34 shaman charm won't even let you mem it.

Bannen
10-25-2019, 12:58 AM
I can understand if they changed charm spells... but please tell us. I was planning on rolling a chanter based on how they play on Blue. If they are different on Green it would be nice to know it before spending all of that time leveling to find out they are nerfed.

Erati
10-25-2019, 01:54 AM
Your CHA seems a bit low and Enchanter charm breaks have CHA in the formula while shaman charm is pure RNG with no other stats involved in breaks.

Dolalin
10-25-2019, 04:28 AM
At 120ish cha

There is your problem. Also, what is the level difference with the mob? "blue" can be anything from 1-6 levels below. It matters a lot.

Tecmos Deception
10-25-2019, 07:36 AM
All of this ^

Plus your sample size is miniscule, and you don't provide any useful evidence about your buddy's charms.

dekova
10-25-2019, 07:51 PM
Not nearly enough information or data.

Qtip
10-26-2019, 05:15 PM
Sounds crazy, but the difference in charm from 180s to 200 is crazy. I played around with it a few years ago and it would almost last double the time from 180 to 200.

Shaman charm also doesnt use cha in factor if the charm should break or not.