PDA

View Full Version : Rest In Peace Blue

Valeriya
10-24-2019, 11:11 PM
#blueisdead

NegaStoat
10-24-2019, 11:23 PM
Yup. I'm still super curious as to what will happen with Green's state at the end of its patch life cycle. Will the Green pop be dumped into the whack-as-hell farmed economy with its exploited Chardok leveled raiders, or will Green become its own stand alone end server and a Green 2 is launched, with Blue being given the middle finger? Blue's in a fooked place.

bubur
10-24-2019, 11:36 PM
you dont know what dead really is

look at the red server, 100% of the two dozen remaining people that play there have been begging for it to wiped for over 2 years

if its any indicator i expect blue will be fine for the next several decades

Chortles Snort|eS
10-24-2019, 11:37 PM
nothing wrong with keeping the beta server up iMO (aka Blue)

Wonkie
10-25-2019, 01:04 AM
I feel a great disturbance in the tunnel. As if millions of pixels suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Pras Green

Madbad
10-25-2019, 01:26 AM
rip

Invalid_Bard
10-25-2019, 01:40 AM
I feel a great disturbance in the tunnel. As if millions of pixels suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Pras Green

Sinistria
10-25-2019, 05:27 AM

Pras Green

shuklak
10-25-2019, 05:57 AM
Pity reply.

Deathrydar
10-25-2019, 07:06 AM

Dolalin
10-25-2019, 07:09 AM
I'm convinced that all of Red is running in a single Docker container on someone's laptop.

Fammaden
10-25-2019, 07:29 AM
Is this a rant or flame?

azeth
10-25-2019, 08:15 AM
OP has the weirdest anti-blue agenda. What motive could he have? It's ultra strange.

Chortles Snort|eS
10-25-2019, 08:16 AM
https://i.imgur.com/0uIoLqe.png

Lhord99
10-25-2019, 09:11 AM
People have spent 1/2 as long playing blue as the age of the game franchise itself. A decade (more now) of chasing all those pixel dreams. When your best Green toon dumps into blue with 10% of the accomplishment of your average Blue diehard, you’ll still be complaining that you feel inefficient, ineffective and obsolete. Blue is going absolutely nowhere, but enjoy green!

Baler
10-25-2019, 09:13 AM
3-5 years,. green will dump into blue and start fresh.

NegaStoat
10-25-2019, 03:44 PM
3-5 years,. green will dump into blue and start fresh.

Not confirmed from the recent announcement. Green may become its own end server and a 2nd one starts fresh after. Blue might become its own museum piece of what a stagnant kunark economy can generate, until the staff says otherwise.

kotton05
10-25-2019, 04:14 PM
Blue more dead than red

aspomwell
10-25-2019, 04:26 PM
I'll be on blue tonight enjoying the peace and quiet. :)

Chortles Snort|eS
10-25-2019, 04:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zD3eR.gif

kotton05
10-25-2019, 04:49 PM
People have spent 1/2 as long playing blue as the age of the game franchise itself. A decade (more now) of chasing all those pixel dreams. When your best Green toon dumps into blue with 10% of the accomplishment of your average Blue diehard, you’ll still be complaining that you feel inefficient, ineffective and obsolete. Blue is going absolutely nowhere, but enjoy green!

Hello everyone here is what denial looks like

LostCause
10-25-2019, 08:03 PM
almost 2500 players is that a new record for any server on eq emulator?

Krone90
10-25-2019, 08:11 PM
actually this is nice mellow awesome amount for blue 500 =)..... im loving it and my druid does as well

Krone90
10-25-2019, 08:14 PM
I hope it stays just like this =), a nice pleasent atmosphere

Bboboo
10-25-2019, 09:16 PM
try blue today pals!

Lhord99
10-25-2019, 09:28 PM
Hello everyone here is what denial looks like

I’ve only been here for 5 of those 10 years. Shrug. I got a wife and kids, nice house in a seaside suburb. And family always comes before this silly game. If this is denial, I’m fuckin loving it.

Malikail
10-26-2019, 04:31 AM

That's what I do if I got it right the first time. I wouldn't have invented New Coke and painted it green

Nirgon
10-26-2019, 04:36 AM
it is way over farmed and sleeper/warder will never be restored, flush it

Darkfuneral
10-26-2019, 08:30 AM
Theres only 20 people in EC on blue..............

kotton05
10-26-2019, 10:40 AM
I’ve only been here for 5 of those 10 years. Shrug. I got a wife and kids, nice house in a seaside suburb. And family always comes before this silly game. If this is denial, I’m fuckin loving it.

I’m not talking about your real life in your moms basement dude you clearly lost this one

El-Hefe
10-26-2019, 01:03 PM
I don’t really want it to rest in peace, Blue was just... pretty awful for a lot of years. Absolutely the best server available the entire time it was main focus of P99, but the 10 year timeline made it a solo twink + raiding server for the vast majority of it’s up time. I think that server style runs counter to the very idea and spirit of classic EverQuest and we should be actively steering people away from Blue.

So to hell with letting it rest in peace. It’s dead and buried, but we need to erect signs are murals warning people not to be tricked by it’s lies and promises of easy gear. Hopefully nobody in the future confuses it for classic EverQuest.

Jauna
10-26-2019, 01:10 PM
thinly veiled red server post.

"how do you like it after 10 years"

and so on

sorry new keyboard trying to break in my enter key

NegaStoat
10-26-2019, 01:13 PM
Theres only 20 people in EC on blue..............

There were about 40 at prime time Pacific on a friday night, with Green having launched. Not too great, yeah. But the novelty of Green will wear off for a lot of people and they'll wander back to Blue. I sure did after checking out the bullshit lazy quest nerf code they tossed in at the last minute without warning.

The game is called EverQUEST and the 1999-2000 exp values of 4 different quests I was attempting that didn't use mob drop items were completely crapped on. So it's a choice of spawn camping 2-3 noob mobs and still getting KS'd or... doing quests that have no rewards.

Eff that. Blue is officially more classic than green.

El-Hefe
10-26-2019, 01:54 PM
There were about 40 at prime time Pacific on a friday night, with Green having launched. Not too great, yeah. But the novelty of Green will wear off for a lot of people and they'll wander back to Blue. I sure did after checking out the bullshit lazy quest nerf code they tossed in at the last minute without warning.

The game is called EverQUEST and the 1999-2000 exp values of 4 different quests I was attempting that didn't use mob drop items were completely crapped on. So it's a choice of spawn camping 2-3 noob mobs and still getting KS'd or... doing quests that have no rewards.

Eff that. Blue is officially more classic than green.

I think they wanted people to actually play the game instead spamming Reebo. Seems like an okay goal to me.

Horza
10-26-2019, 01:56 PM
I’m not talking about your real life in your moms basement dude you clearly lost this one

We've got a real tough guy here.

NegaStoat
10-26-2019, 03:12 PM
I think they wanted people to actually play the game instead spamming Reebo. Seems like an okay goal to me.

Look. I get it. A person can call out something critical that wasn't a part of the advertised product and another person can be enjoying that product and set in their minds "Well, I just need that person to be wrong to make myself feel better."

It's called white knighting and there's more of it on the boards than is necessary. I am NOT mad about the stupid bone chip quest. I get the point that with increased mob spawns that numerous mob drop turn-in quests would be outrageously broken. I AM disappointed that quests that have nothing to do with mob drops were hit with a blanket nerf due to sheer laziness which forced players like myself to join the retarded mob spawn camping with killstealing running rampant because no one is going to enforce anything when it's hundreds of people all trying to do more than 50% on anything that moves.

The quests I was going to use would have required me to spend about 5 hours to reach level 8, but without the hassle of attacking a mob only to have 2-3 other people's pets on it. But it doesn't really matter. I have blue to play on and all the others can continue to enjoy their custom crafted Funserver and call it Classic if they want. I'll bet the first person to get a Stein of Moggok at level 8 (or 4 if they know the other route) that gets less than 1/3 of a blue line bubble for doing it will be overjoyed for their effort.

Lhord99
10-26-2019, 03:20 PM

I hope that little pudge over your belt buckle is cancer, you fuck.

kotton05
10-26-2019, 05:58 PM
I hope that little pudge over your belt buckle is cancer, you fuck.

Sorry blue is ded brad bless your sins

Nirgon
10-26-2019, 06:08 PM
Ahahahaha blue is more classic than green?

Ahahahaha! Wew!

Chortles Snort|eS
10-26-2019, 06:08 PM
BraD bLeSs

Nirgon
10-26-2019, 06:25 PM
Blue population continues to plummet

Chortles Snort|eS
10-26-2019, 06:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ACfrkSP.png

Bardp1999
10-26-2019, 07:35 PM
If you still enjoy raiding on Blue after 5 years of Velious you may have a brain injury

Lhord99
10-26-2019, 07:45 PM
It’s been 24 hours.

Chill.

Y’all are acting like you scored your first phone number from a 7 in middle school.

Oh wait - 1999. I’m immersed in my own immersion.

Darkfuneral
10-26-2019, 08:47 PM
Only 46 people in EC and its Saturday................

El-Hefe
10-27-2019, 02:40 AM
Look. I get it. A person can call out something critical that wasn't a part of the advertised product and another person can be enjoying that product and set in their minds "Well, I just need that person to be wrong to make myself feel better."

It's called white knighting and there's more of it on the boards than is necessary. I am NOT mad about the stupid bone chip quest. I get the point that with increased mob spawns that numerous mob drop turn-in quests would be outrageously broken. I AM disappointed that quests that have nothing to do with mob drops were hit with a blanket nerf due to sheer laziness which forced players like myself to join the retarded mob spawn camping with killstealing running rampant because no one is going to enforce anything when it's hundreds of people all trying to do more than 50% on anything that moves.

The quests I was going to use would have required me to spend about 5 hours to reach level 8, but without the hassle of attacking a mob only to have 2-3 other people's pets on it. But it doesn't really matter. I have blue to play on and all the others can continue to enjoy their custom crafted Funserver and call it Classic if they want. I'll bet the first person to get a Stein of Moggok at level 8 (or 4 if they know the other route) that gets less than 1/3 of a blue line bubble for doing it will be overjoyed for their effort.

A normal person notices a change, adapts and moves on with their life. An emotionally stunted man baby throws a tantrum about in on the internet because it wasn’t what they had meticulously planned for.

Nirgon
10-27-2019, 03:50 AM
As the players who carried the scrubs move to green to play real EverQuest, and raids continue to be postponed or cancelled... more come to the glorious green light to play as Brad intended

NegaStoat
10-27-2019, 04:15 AM
A normal person notices a change, adapts and moves on with their life. An emotionally stunted man baby throws a tantrum about in on the internet because it wasn’t what they had meticulously planned for.

lick it, lick it good

El-Hefe
10-27-2019, 04:28 AM
emotionally stunted man baby

Polixa
10-27-2019, 02:03 PM
Folks jaded on repetive raiding move to green. Hoping this time it will be better.

Casuals who have been enjoying their blue toons, who still have things they want to accomplish on blue, have no reason to restart on green.

El-Hefe
10-27-2019, 02:38 PM
Folks jaded on repetive raiding move to green. Hoping this time it will be better.

Casuals who have been enjoying their blue toons, who still have things they want to accomplish on blue, have no reason to restart on green.

I think you have that wrong.

The vast majority of people who I have met that did not have interest in Green were Blue raider not willing to give up their mountain of plat they spent ten years hording.

Casuals have no problem with restarting.

Fammaden
10-27-2019, 03:12 PM
I think you have that wrong.

The vast majority of people who I have met that did not have interest in Green were Blue raider not willing to give up their mountain of plat they spent ten years hording.

Casuals have no problem with restarting.

Really there's a lot of like "hardcore-casuals" on blue. People who like to raid and have epics and play a lot but also have a kid or job holding them back from true beard status. High fifties or level 60 main and raider but overall a warmbody (don't mean as an insult).

The opinion I heard from those types was more like, "start OVER....after it took so long to build what I have here?". While as you said the really hardcore can just bounce back and forth as much or as little as they want and the truly casual don't have enough sunk cost fallacy to make them hesitate.

Palemoon
10-27-2019, 03:19 PM
rest in peace, may green never merge with that 10 year old beta server plauged with years of broken factions, retarded invisi pulling, no green agro, way too much not seeing invisi and all the rest.

We are greatful to blue (and err in my case red) for revealing all those bugs to fix, but Green will lay flowers on its grave. Green is much too pure to crawl into the coffin with it.

bye

El-Hefe
10-27-2019, 03:57 PM
Really there's a lot of like "hardcore-casuals" on blue. People who like to raid and have epics and play a lot but also have a kid or job holding them back from true beard status. High fifties or level 60 main and raider but overall a warmbody (don't mean as an insult).

The opinion I heard from those types was more like, "start OVER....after it took so long to build what I have here?". While as you said the really hardcore can just bounce back and forth as much or as little as they want and the truly casual don't have enough sunk cost fallacy to make them hesitate.

Kind of my thought, too. Not everyone is cut out to be raiding the Sleepers Tomb on a real EQ progression. I’m certainly not.

But because Blue was up for ten years it gave people a taste for that content, made them think it was the only stuff worth doing and gave them the illusion that they were (for lack of a better term) “good enough” to be part of that scene.

Green is a sudden return to reality and many on Blue are just gonna refuse to wake up. I’m interested in seeing from a distance how the raid scene builds up on Green, throwing bodies at mobs is nothing on Blue was literally nothing because people were building toons for ten years. How many are going to be ready when Velious launches in a year and a half? Probably not nearly the same amount.

Nirgon
10-27-2019, 04:11 PM
You have the shot at warder loot again that u wanted

El-Hefe
10-27-2019, 04:20 PM
You have the shot at warder loot again that u wanted

Nah, I'm good.

This ain't blue, not everyone has enough time on their hands to be a big ol' raid goon.

Nirgon
10-27-2019, 04:45 PM
Well, don't say they never gave you another shot at it

El-Hefe
10-27-2019, 06:09 PM
Not even on my radar, too busy hitting giant bugs with a stick.

Achromatic
10-27-2019, 11:32 PM
F

Oldschoolplayer
10-27-2019, 11:52 PM
Fun to be had on both servers! Can enjoy both.

Custom content coming soon to Blue too. How quick will those neckbeards comeback if warders come back to blue? ;) Either way, new adventure will await

Jibartik
10-28-2019, 12:05 AM
Blue may be dead now but just watch, green will come to an end, merge with blue, and you'll have some custom content or something that sparks some 2800 rush, then purple opens up annnnnnd then everyone quits playing p99 cus they were forced to play pvp with the pvp community.

Gustoo
10-28-2019, 12:47 AM
I would love to see pvp happen with blue crowd.

Blue crowd can instigate classic rallos anti PK alliances and it can go back to proper days.

You bet your ass that the sheer volume of blue antis would force a classic balance of PK vs anti that would be totally glorious.

Not sure how they'd tolerate the training and disruption and stuff.

People were a lot nicer when they could be killed and looted though. The blue impertinence makes me sick.