PDA

View Full Version : Sleep or no?

Kendir
10-24-2019, 06:22 PM
Atm it's approx 6:20pm est and I'm at work until 6am est. When I get home should I risk missing launch and go to sleep or should I stay awake fueled by excitement and caffeine until I fall asleep on my keyboard? Idk what to do please help!!

Gustoo
10-24-2019, 06:23 PM
Sleep like a human for sure.

OK dont.

stars2heaven
10-24-2019, 06:24 PM
I would sleep. You might miss launch but I'd seriously question whether you could have any fun, or even remember much of what you do, if you're forcing your body to stay awake. It would have to take away some of the enjoyment.

flacidpenguin
10-24-2019, 06:26 PM
I will probably stay up until like 4 or 5am on launch day. I am aiming to maybe get to level 12 if I can first day. My 14 years of naval service, sleeping 3-4 hours a day underway, will serve me well this weekend!

Kendir
10-24-2019, 06:30 PM
I will probably stay up until like 4 or 5am on launch day. I am aiming to maybe get to level 12 if I can first day. My 14 years of naval service, sleeping 3-4 hours a day underway, will serve me well this weekend!

Good call. I'll try to conjure up anything I have left from my army days to go to sleep when I get home and wake up around 1130 or so.

tid3
10-24-2019, 06:31 PM
no rush. a year of classic - might as well try to change your experience on how/where you level.

stakka
10-24-2019, 06:33 PM
Sleep is better than anything so I choose sleep

Slatzor
10-24-2019, 06:33 PM
Get home, sleep until 11a set 10000 alarms and use an internet alarm clock on your computer that forces you to get up. 5 hours of sleep will do you. Check to see if you can even log in at launch.

If it's a mess, go back to sleep, sleep another 3 hours and try again.

Bazia
10-24-2019, 06:40 PM
go to sleep brogean said early afternoon, you're lucky I work all day tomorrow :(

Videri
10-24-2019, 06:43 PM
Sleep a lot. You don’t have to get online during the very first hour...just being online the very first day should be enough. Unless you’re going for server firsts, but I don’t care about those, personally.

Kendir
10-24-2019, 06:44 PM
go to sleep brogean said early afternoon, you're lucky I work all day tomorrow :(

What's that? You sound sick maybe you should stay home tomorrow.

Argh
10-24-2019, 06:44 PM
Why would you not sleep?

Kendir
10-24-2019, 06:47 PM
Why would you not sleep?

Because I'm super excited. I want to be in game from the very start tomorrow and don't want to sleep too long and be late to the partym

Reecon
10-24-2019, 06:48 PM
Get some sleep, missing the launch by hours isnt that big a deal, the only ones that will be far ahead of you are the neckbeards and they arent the nicest ppl to group with in the first place, even most casuals will be 50 by the time kunark comes out so racing to 50 is meaningless

YendorLootmonkey
10-24-2019, 06:56 PM
If you're questioning whether you should sleep, you are automatically not hardcore enough to get a first to anything, outlevel anyone, or beat anyone to loot, so you may as well relax and get some sleep.

Gustoo
10-24-2019, 07:13 PM
Its true. Be smart and sleep

Dalem
10-24-2019, 07:16 PM
Sleep until 1130 and then you will have had some sleep and still not miss anything

AgentEpilot
10-24-2019, 09:34 PM
Go on a 7 day meth binge till the psychosis makes you think you actually are in Norrath. Its how the top raid guilds do it.

Cen
10-24-2019, 09:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb0t9TUNLpg

FatherSioux
10-24-2019, 10:21 PM
Imagine

Seungkyu
10-24-2019, 11:28 PM
Just sleep.

Worst case scenario, the server lags and everyone just rubberbands around with random crashes.

Everything gets hotfixed within a couple hours, and that's when you wake up all fresh and bright eyed to start your adventure.

BlackBellamy
10-25-2019, 01:00 AM
Atm it's approx 6:20pm est and I'm at work until 6am est. When I get home should I risk missing launch and go to sleep or should I stay awake fueled by excitement and caffeine until I fall asleep on my keyboard? Idk what to do please help!!

I got you brah. Get your trainer to meet you so when you get home from work you can get a relaxing workout. Stretches, don't go crazy. Then take a nice shower and shave. Don't forget to moisturize, take care of your skin. Call downstairs, tell the cook you want something with a medium carb load, heavy protein, with some fruit sugars. Get dressed; it's an occasion so you can be a little special but don't get pretentious. Remember to talk to your family at breakfast and give them special attention, as they will not be seeing the you they know for quite some time. After breakfast, take the convertible for a spin. Bring the dogs of course. Doesn't matter where you go; feel being the master of your own destiny accompanied by your most loyal and trusted friends, for you will not experience the former and be trained and plugged by the latter in the task you are about to entertain. Thus encouraged, end your drive and give final instructions to the staff. If you are normally casual in these matters, this is the one time you must be firm. They must bring the right Scotch at the right time in the right quantity, and they must be available to empty the chamberpots in the instant the need arises.

Lock the door. Give the door code to your major domo only. Sit down in your HSL-Track Kahuna, go through the pre-launch checklist, and click the power button as the Jardin D'Eden rings twelve.

Kendir
10-25-2019, 03:05 AM
I got you brah. Get your trainer to meet you so when you get home from work you can get a relaxing workout. Stretches, don't go crazy. Then take a nice shower and shave. Don't forget to moisturize, take care of your skin. Call downstairs, tell the cook you want something with a medium carb load, heavy protein, with some fruit sugars. Get dressed; it's an occasion so you can be a little special but don't get pretentious. Remember to talk to your family at breakfast and give them special attention, as they will not be seeing the you they know for quite some time. After breakfast, take the convertible for a spin. Bring the dogs of course. Doesn't matter where you go; feel being the master of your own destiny accompanied by your most loyal and trusted friends, for you will not experience the former and be trained and plugged by the latter in the task you are about to entertain. Thus encouraged, end your drive and give final instructions to the staff. If you are normally casual in these matters, this is the one time you must be firm. They must bring the right Scotch at the right time in the right quantity, and they must be available to empty the chamberpots in the instant the need arises.

Lock the door. Give the door code to your major domo only. Sit down in your HSL-Track Kahuna, go through the pre-launch checklist, and click the power button as the Jardin D'Eden rings twelve.

I hope you're going dark elf I'd like to play with you.

Sinistria
10-25-2019, 04:28 AM

I hope you're going dark elf I'd like to play with you.

SAME !

Edit:

To the OP:
Go sleeping.
Due to the time difference i can't play today (plus my aunt has birthday) and
tomorrow final clean up in the garage with some friends.
I could stay up this night and play through tomorrow but:
What's the price:
Playing tired and not fully relaxed.
I wait until tomorrow noon (about 30hours from now) And then sitting down chilled and well slepped.

See you soon, i am so excited, i could scream (but i am in the office right now)

El-Hefe
10-25-2019, 04:31 AM
Stay up.

Drink caffeine.

Invite your friends over.

Get in a fist fight with your friend.

Go too far.

Lie low for a few days.

Travel to Mexico.

Learn the language of the people.

Fall in love.

Work your way to the top of the Mexican government.

Assume power.

Have your closest friends and one true love killed.

Seek political asylum with the United States government.

Get a pseudonym for your new life in the United states.

Purchase a refurbished Dell Optiplex 9020.

Outfit it with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 and an SSD.

DoorDash your favorite fast food.

Finally play P99 Green.

Roll a Dark Elf Warrior.

Life is pain and the only relief is death.

Kendir
10-25-2019, 06:13 AM
Stay up.

Drink caffeine.

Invite your friends over.

Get in a fist fight with your friend.

Go too far.

Lie low for a few days.

Travel to Mexico.

Learn the language of the people.

Fall in love.

Work your way to the top of the Mexican government.

Assume power.

Have your closest friends and one true love killed.

Seek political asylum with the United States government.

Get a pseudonym for your new life in the United states.

Purchase a refurbished Dell Optiplex 9020.

Outfit it with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 and an SSD.

DoorDash your favorite fast food.

Finally play P99 Green.

Roll a Dark Elf Warrior.

Life is pain and the only relief is death.

Isn't this the plot of a Danny devito movie?

Kendir
10-25-2019, 06:54 AM
I decided to just make my character now and go to sleep see you all in Norrath!