PDA

View Full Version : Name reservations.

slowpoke68
10-18-2019, 09:27 PM
Thanks again to the staff for the name purge. It was really nice to able to grab some cool names for the toons I am thinking about rolling on Green!!

Tecmos Deception
10-18-2019, 09:28 PM
WTB the name "Sentinel."

Name your price in bloomin onions or blue assets or green powerlevels.

Octopath
10-18-2019, 09:28 PM
wtb the name "Bowman"

paying well

Madbad
10-18-2019, 09:54 PM
WTB the name "Sentinel."

Reported

Salted Nut
10-19-2019, 02:07 AM
You should make a posted WTT Names or something. The title isn't very descriptive.

timothyishmael
10-19-2019, 08:25 AM
Am I correct in reading that no characters above lvl 5 on Blue have had their names purged on Green? Shame we can't have something like all unused names get purged after a month of Green going up. I'm sure there are lots of names that people have brought characters up above lvl 5 on Blue that either no longer play or don't plan on switching to Green.

Wenai
10-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Thanks again to the staff for the name purge. It was really nice to able to grab some cool names for the toons I am thinking about rolling on Green!!

I got Slowpoke. (no lies)

zaneosak
10-19-2019, 09:10 AM
None of my toons on blue purged at all, wondering if it was something to do with me being on Green this past week. I have a lvl 3 shaman and level 1 halfling cr rogue (the hole) and both are still there.

Baler
10-19-2019, 09:17 AM
I'm no longer on a name violation crusade. for the record.

I did see some really 'interesting' names being made while I sniped a couple dream names.

slowpoke68
10-19-2019, 10:44 AM
Encouraging all to throw back any good names they got, but probably will never use. I snagged a few just to see if I could get them but did end up deleting them. Let's try to make a great community on Green by paying it forward.

Oh and P.S. I'm a lore appropriate kind of guy and would never use Slowpoke as a toon name, so congrats Wenai. :)

Tecmos Deception
10-19-2019, 10:59 AM
Encouraging all to throw back any good names they got, but probably will never use. I snagged a few just to see if I could get them but did end up deleting them. Let's try to make a great community on Green by paying it forward.

Oh and P.S. I'm a lore appropriate kind of guy and would never use Slowpoke as a toon name, so congrats Wenai. :)

I'll delete names I don't have any real intentions of using after I settle on which 2-3 I'll actually use.

Indecisive
10-19-2019, 11:14 AM
I'm no longer on a name violation crusade. for the record.

https://i.imgur.com/x22eWIm.jpg

Tecmos Deception
10-19-2019, 02:31 PM
WTB the name "Sentinel."

In light of staff policy, I just want to make clear that I'm not trying to "name trade" so much as "get a hint about a name I want and if it might be a good time to try to claim it for myself" from a good friend of mine who I always enjoy powerleveling and helping with plat and gear and camaraderie.

Your friend,

Tecmos the future Sentinel

whitebandit
10-19-2019, 03:10 PM
In light of staff policy, I just want to make clear that I'm not trying to "name trade" so much as "get a hint about a name I want and if it might be a good time to try to claim it for myself" from a good friend of mine who I always enjoy powerleveling and helping with plat and gear and camaraderie.

Your friend,

Tecmos the future Sentinel

Tecmos looking to get banned again? :confused:

Larethan
10-19-2019, 03:24 PM
This idea of name trading being against rules doesn't make much sense. Why would GM's even care? How would they enforce it? What's the harm in it? Banning account trading made more sense because it was an RMT cesspool. Level 1 toons being deleted and freeing up a name is ridiculously benign in comparison. The chances of someone RMTing a name seem pretty remote to me, and a threat of ban isn't really going to stop someone determined to do it that anyway since RMT is already against the rules.

Salted Nut
10-19-2019, 04:35 PM
I was pretty baffled when they shut down my thread, but eh, there might be a reason. Who knows.

Nilstoniakrath
10-19-2019, 04:43 PM
This idea of name trading being against rules doesn't make much sense. Why would GM's even care? How would they enforce it? What's the harm in it? Banning account trading made more sense because it was an RMT cesspool. Level 1 toons being deleted and freeing up a name is ridiculously benign in comparison. The chances of someone RMTing a name seem pretty remote to me, and a threat of ban isn't really going to stop someone determined to do it that anyway since RMT is already against the rules.

I think it has to do with it being a potential CSR nightmare, X agrees to sell a name, Y pays X and then X doesn't delete it; or, X deletes the name waiting for payment, Y takes the name and then stiffs X; etc etc etc leading to all sorts of petitions and drama

dekova
10-19-2019, 04:57 PM
I think it has to do with it being a potential CSR nightmare, X agrees to sell a name, Y pays X and then X doesn't delete it; or, X deletes the name waiting for payment, Y takes the name and then stiffs X; etc etc etc leading to all sorts of petitions and drama

I think it's because allowing name trading encourages people to register and sit on as many names as possible. See domain registration in the 90's.

whitebandit
10-19-2019, 05:09 PM
I think it's because allowing name trading encourages people to register and sit on as many names as possible. See domain registration in the 90's.

So what you are saying this is especially classic for the 90's?

.....Classic.

Bloodson
10-19-2019, 06:01 PM
I reserved too many names! I want to share them

I was bored and just hoarded a bunch of names during the wipe. In case you're wondering, I have a ton of accounts because I used to play on PEQTGC where you can box toons. I would like to share them with people who Really want the name, so pick one and message my forum inbox.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2991608#post2991608

Seungkyu
10-19-2019, 06:03 PM
I was really looking forward to reading the "Name Trade Thread".
"Name trading is not allowed on any Project 1999 server."
Why not?
I don't think it was an issue before. Can I get a link to this policy?

Am I allowed to give names away for free?

:confused:???

Bloodson
10-19-2019, 06:09 PM
I hope I'm not breaking any rules by giving my names away, I posted a list of them, I am not looking for any names to be traded in return or any compensation in game or otherwise

Larethan
10-19-2019, 06:33 PM
I was really looking forward to reading the "Name Trade Thread".
"Name trading is not allowed on any Project 1999 server."
Why not?
I don't think it was an issue before. Can I get a link to this policy?

Am I allowed to give names away for free?

:confused:???

There's no policy listed and it wasn't a rule before, but as of this week a GM commented they aren't allowing it.

It doesn't make any sense of course. But that's what they're saying.

Octopath
10-19-2019, 08:12 PM
Definitely is strange considering I have been bumping a wtb unique name thread for over a month now.

Maybe they are concerned people will cross server trade?

Tecmos Deception
10-19-2019, 09:07 PM
Thank goodness I'm not trying to trade a name I have for another one.

Wtb Sentinel

Jimjam
10-19-2019, 09:10 PM
Why is an eight foot tall Wookie living on Endor?

Tecmos Deception
10-19-2019, 09:11 PM
Tecmos looking to get banned again? :confused:

If I get a name I want via "name trading" and they ban me, they can rot in hell. Lol

Jibartik
10-19-2019, 09:15 PM
lol

Samaritan
10-19-2019, 09:18 PM
Why is an eight foot tall Wookie living on Endor?

Speaking of... hmu if you like the name of a certain Wookie...

Dollar
10-19-2019, 09:44 PM
Looking for the name 'Monster' if anyone has pm me please. Thanks :)

Reecon
10-20-2019, 06:13 AM
its simple, these things always get out of control, starts off innocent then BAM, RMTing for names

Sebekkha
10-20-2019, 07:07 AM
Quite happy with my two finds,

Sepsis for a Necro or SK

Reverend for a Cleric or Paladin

Looking forward to using them!

Seungkyu
10-20-2019, 07:36 AM
its simple, these things always get out of control, starts off innocent then BAM, RMTing for drugs

I can't tell if this is sarcasm.