PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Bash/Slam Range too long?

Broor
10-17-2019, 02:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/mohUTNZ.png

Hey everybody, I noticed this a few times in Blackburrow this morning but wanted to find a good picture to demonstrate the issue. If you look at the chat log in the image you'll see that I engaged a gnoll, got pierced by his spear, rooted him, stepped away so I could cast on him from a distance, and then he got 5/6 slams on me from long range before root broke and we started to trade blows normally. I didn't run a search on this prior to posting, so sorry if it's a redundant issue, but it seemed like something worth mentioning. Thanks-

Dolalin
10-17-2019, 03:28 PM
Did he have a bow? Is he a ranger?

Can gnolls even be rangers?

soronil
10-17-2019, 04:18 PM
Did he have a bow? Is he a ranger?

Can gnolls even be rangers?

Yes, Gnolls in blackburrow do shoot arrows. You will commonly loot arrows from them.

You can tell that it's not a bash becaue it says HITS, not BASHES (unless that's a classic thing that's different from blue)

You can also kinda tell because its a constant 2 damage

Not a bug.

Jimjam
10-17-2019, 04:28 PM
Tangentially, mobs shouldn't use up their ammo when they shoot. Consuming ammo was a player thing (until rangers got endless quiver)...

Maybe on live all gnolls were delevelled 60 max aa rangers lol.

soronil
10-17-2019, 04:46 PM
Tangentially, mobs shouldn't use up their ammo when they shoot. Consuming ammo was a player thing (until rangers got endless quiver)...

Maybe on live all gnolls were delevelled 60 max aa rangers lol.

I am not saying they consume arrows. I think it's more of a flavor thing, or a hint to the players. I actually also thought BB was buggy on blue a couple of weeks ago when i kept getting randomly hit , just like OP, until I looted an arrow and my 20 year old memories flew back to me. (I believe there are also sound effects when you are getting hit with arrows)

Broor
10-17-2019, 05:44 PM
In 20 years I've never noticed that Gnolls fire arrows. What a fool! Thanks guys

uygi
10-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Move to resolved, OP shot with archery.