PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Rain spells broken ?

Valion
10-16-2019, 10:31 PM
Magician Level 16 spell Rain of Blades 100% resisted on multiple mobs. 1st cast was 4 waves instead of 3.The final mob I cast on had 5 waves lol. A few screenshots here (https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq-6nEGq3GTkt1GBJn2wawDLVzDp?e=jaH3Ms)
No idea if higher level rain spells are affected.

the_only_jake
10-17-2019, 05:29 AM
one of the targets may be your pet. And he is resisting it since he is yours. I seem to remember people complaining about pets eating up waves of rain spells. Maybe they just made him resist each wave instead now.

Dolalin
10-17-2019, 06:57 AM
Pets are supposed to eat up targets in wave spells until February 2001.

Magicians:

- Added new level 59 spell: Valiant Companion
- Added new level 39 spell: Summon Companion
- Rain spells no longer count pets against total number of entities

https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes#Spell_and_Skill_Changes

Valion
10-17-2019, 10:18 AM
Thanks I had forgotten about the patch that explains the 4th&5th waves. It does not explain why the mobs themselves are 100% resistant and taking no damage.

Kinaki
10-17-2019, 11:44 AM
Thanks I had forgotten about the patch that explains the 4th&5th waves. It does not explain why the mobs themselves are 100% resistant and taking no damage.

Welcome to p99. Rain spells don't work properly on blue either.

Valion
10-17-2019, 12:22 PM
Welcome to p99. Rain spells don't work properly on blue either.
Hmm Thanks, I should check that out I haven't used regular rain spells in a couple years. I did use the Velious spell Elemental Maelstrom last week on blue and it worked fine, but it is magic based.

uygi
10-17-2019, 12:29 PM
Been a while, but as I recall the only thing rain spells are good for is finishing off a quad when one of the mobs (lowest hp) was already dead so it would double hit a final (highest hp) mob. Even then they kind of sucked.

Oh, and rain spells are super fun in PvP if you can ambush successfully. Never forget how funny it was on SZ when wizard creeps up to Neriak entrance tunnel (was the evil EC at the time) and dropped a couple rains in there... the carnage was fantastic. Half the toons were AFK, plenty of low levels getting one-shotted and everybody just losing it. So great.

Tecmos Deception
10-17-2019, 12:47 PM
Rains are definitely disappointing on here. I feel like I remember them being an ok option to use on live. It was really rare to land 3 waves (on a single target), but even at 2 waves the spells generally weren't inefficient, and casting a rain and following up with a normal nuke was a ridiculous spike of damage.

Valion
10-17-2019, 01:18 PM
It was my go to spell for killing 2 mobs at once just had to make sure your pet switched targets before it landed.