PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Lightsource not restored after looting corpse

d9phoenix
10-15-2019, 11:19 AM
So last night (10/15/19 1230am) i was playing a human druid in qeynos hills. I had deleted my tiny candle and was using a fire beetle eye for a light source. I was killed by a gnoll at the entrance to BB and when i ran back to get my body (in complete black, it was fun!) i got my body but equipping my fire beetle eye did not restore my light source.

I ran back to qeynos and after zoning my light source would still not work. So i went to the inn/tavern near the monk guild and bought a large lantern. Still no light source so i tried zoning to again and still nothing. I did not have time to go buy the druid light source spell and see if that fixed it.

d9phoenix
10-15-2019, 11:31 AM
Just logged in and same issue. I took a screenshot but dont have any way to upload it. It appears my light source circle around my is just completely black. Outside of what should be my light source it appears normal. And when the lightning hits i can see perfectly for that one or two frames.

Telin
10-15-2019, 11:39 AM
Where is your fire beetle eye currently located?

d9phoenix
10-16-2019, 01:44 PM
It was on character in a bag. It should be still there. I played for a bit last night and switched to the druid summoned globes and once when i was casting a fire spell my vision came back up like it was supposed to with the globe in my secondary. Switched it out for the lantern and the fire beetle eye and the light pattern never changed.

Telin
10-16-2019, 01:49 PM
The issue is /dyn on/off it needs to be on. You have to zone for it to take effect. If it doesn’t work(it may be blocked temporarily) you can log into blue and turn it on.

soronil
10-16-2019, 03:15 PM
The issue is /dyn on/off it needs to be on. You have to zone for it to take effect. If it doesn’t work(it may be blocked temporarily) you can log into blue and turn it on.

Since you have to change files to log into blue currently, the easiest route is just to edit the line in your eqclient.ini:
ShowDynamicLights=TRUE
(i had same problem yesterday).

d9phoenix
10-16-2019, 03:43 PM
I will give that a try

d9phoenix
10-16-2019, 04:16 PM
/dyn on was disabled via the game chat. So i had to modify the client.ini. Camping did not fix it, but logging out and logging back in did.

Jeni
10-16-2019, 05:40 PM
I had my light source go out as well when I unequipped it. I spammed equip / unequiped it until it popped back on