PDA

View Full Version : Increased Spawn Rates At Launch Means Exploitable Quests

GreenBetaNews
10-14-2019, 05:37 PM
80% increased spawn rate will make some farm groups unbalanced for those planning to lock down spawn points. The Gnoll Hunter (jagged pine staff) quest will be capable of generating over 100pp an hour by trading spawn point camps to group mates / duo between turn ins. Other quests with fixed spawn locations for exp turn ins items will also be unbalanced such as the stationary spawn scarab and the orc hill/CB entrance orcs in GFay.

Qeynos:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Rabid_Wolves

http://wiki.project1999.com/Rabid_Grizzlies

https://wiki.project1999.com/Putrid_Skeletons

http://wiki.project1999.com/Jagged_Pine_Crook_Staff

---

Faydwer:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Crushbone_Belts

http://wiki.project1999.com/Crushbone_Shoulderpads_Quest

http://wiki.project1999.com/Scarab_Armor_Quests

---

What other quests do you know of that can be exploited with an 80% increased spawn rate?

meritt
10-14-2019, 08:22 PM
Oh damn, is that confirmed for green? I thought that was just a green-beta thing. That will be chaotic and abused.

Deathrydar
10-14-2019, 08:24 PM
Oh damn, is that confirmed for green? I thought that was just a green-beta thing. That will be chaotic and abused.

I'm starting to agree with this more and more after reading those links the OP posted. This could be extremely bad....

Chortles Snort|eS
10-14-2019, 08:26 PM
just a green-beta thing

moVe 2 resolVed

Deathrydar
10-14-2019, 08:27 PM
moVe 2 resolVed

I'm not too sure it is just a beta thing, it may be a launch thing......I hope you're right though.

Chortles Snort|eS
10-14-2019, 08:30 PM
if Dey do Dat it Wil Be NooB ZoNe OnlY

enjoY expLoiT lvl 1-5 moBs

laFF!

Wallicker
10-14-2019, 08:46 PM
Lfay nybrights respawning at accelerated rate too?

Barantor
10-14-2019, 08:49 PM
if Dey do Dat it Wil Be NooB ZoNe OnlY

enjoY expLoiT lvl 1-5 moBs

laFF!

Qeynos Hills is a newbie zone if they have the Surefall Glade start point in for human druids and rangers.

Palemoon
10-14-2019, 08:50 PM
Roeg said the increased respawn is going live and then will be reduced as people spread out. So keep pointing out the pitfalls in this

Rogean
10-14-2019, 08:51 PM
There are conditions attached to the spawn reduction system that rule out most of the quests you linked. For the rest there will be so many people that it will be difficult to actually find those mobs anyways.

zaneosak
10-14-2019, 08:54 PM
I have explored where all the respawns are so far QHills, West Karana (bandit sashes) are both increased heavily. I am heading over to NK soon to see if it goes out even further away from Qeynos. 60 sec repsawn willowwisps sounds like big fat cash to me.

Videri
10-14-2019, 08:55 PM
Lfay nybrights respawning at accelerated rate too?

LFay is not a newbie (starting) zone.

Fammaden
10-14-2019, 08:58 PM
Seems like its activated for the entire server. Official word on what they are planning for this would be nice.

zaneosak
10-14-2019, 09:21 PM
LFay is not a newbie (starting) zone.

Neither is Western Karana and it has increased spawn rates. LFay is the same level range as Western Karana.

Rogean
10-14-2019, 09:49 PM
wkarana bandits have a 400 second respawn time and that appears to still be the case.

Canelek
10-14-2019, 09:56 PM
Let's not be hasty little orcs...

whitebandit
10-14-2019, 10:13 PM
long story short. Raid Crushbone!

deadlycupcakez
10-14-2019, 11:05 PM
wkarana bandits have a 400 second respawn time and that appears to still be the case.

Lolol radio silence after this one - good one rog

Albane
10-15-2019, 12:18 AM
This entire thread is such a stupid whine. Respawn rate of newbie zones could possibly lead to someone farming 100pp in a few hours, if they farm 1 mob, and nobody else planned on it. (I farmed rabid wolf on Green Beta and there is either a place holder or respawn in 6+ minutes).

Or, normal spawn rate and we all quit playing for a few days because 100 people are fighting over 2 fire beetles.

Rooj
10-15-2019, 04:56 PM
A guy camping the wolf/grizzly said he made 100p in an hour. Someone else said that they were spawning WAY faster than 6.5 minutes, but I can't confirm either statement.

I sorta want to see no change to any spawn rate... It will force people to go to places they probably haven't been since actual Classic. Imagine people leveling in Qeynos sewers! XD

Evia
10-15-2019, 05:19 PM
I think the increased spawn rate is kinda smart. At least for the newbie zones.

Fammaden
10-15-2019, 05:41 PM
I think the increased spawn rate is kinda smart. At least for the newbie zones.

We're talking about Qhills though, but I guess that's kinda the newbie yard for SFG? For the newbie yards I agree, bump up the spawn rate temporarily to help handle all the low levels. For any other zone I say leave it the same and let people figure it out.

soronil
10-15-2019, 05:49 PM
There are conditions attached to the spawn reduction system that rule out most of the quests you linked. For the rest there will be so many people that it will be difficult to actually find those mobs anyways.

Were those intended to be live on green beta when you wrote this?

because as of 10/14 there are 2 putrid skeleton spawns, 1 rabid wolf spawn, and at least 1 gnoll hunter spawn (that one is 20min*.2 = 4 min), that spawn the same mob 100% of the time and result in either huge amount of exp or coin (or both). These don't seem to have anything special that prevents them from being exploited.

Granted, i don't think it is a big deal. there will be enough people contesting this stuff... and who really cares if someone gets to level 15 very quickly or has a clever way to get a couple hundred plat. Everyone has access to the same thing.

DMN
10-15-2019, 05:54 PM
I'm not sure increasing spawns in 'newbie' area does much. it simply kicks the bottleneck down the road a zone or two, where it has been removed. Players will still stay mostly constrained to nearby geography/zones as you almost always have to cross many many zones. many of which quite dangerous for your level, and sometimes boats too to get some 'new area'.

Tenlaar
10-15-2019, 06:18 PM
I'm curious what the distinction of "newbie area" is going to be as well, and how that's going to affect leveling ranges for different areas. Steamfont or Butcherblock can pretty easily take somebody to around level 15 compared to Freeport newbie yards taking somebody to level 4, for example. So is that expanded to cover the Commons too? Ro?

I mean, if we say "newbie area" is anywhere that people go to xp to before level 20 and then we think about just on Antonica...East and West Commons, Befallen, both Ro's, Oasis, Erud's Crossing, all of the Karanas, Innothule, Feerrott, Kithicor, Everfrost, Lavastorm, Misty, Nektulos, Najena, Runnyeye, Upper Guk, Permafrost, Blackburrow...how many zones AREN'T going to have this boost going?

Hell even Rathe Mountains has plenty of stuff to kill in the low teens. Is the first power leveling neckbearding no lifer group going to hit the 30's and have 80% reduced spawn time on Hill Giants?

zaneosak
10-15-2019, 06:32 PM
I believe Rogean has addressed this problem multiple times now. West Karana confirmed not changed -- you can test Lesser Faydark and Rathe Mountains if you wish. I think Qeynos Hills is Surefall's newbie area so it counts. Rogean said there will be conditions to address abusable quests like rabid wolf pelts. Not sure what those are exactly as of yet. But it would be good to test other zones just 1 away from newbie areas to see. Lesser Faydark has a 6:40 spawn time, if you're in your early teens you should be able to test a bandit there.

zodias
10-15-2019, 08:51 PM
So if qhills is going to have increased spawn rate does that mean increased pyzjin and haddens? I agree newbie yards should be increased but maybe qhills doesn't need it.

aaezil
10-15-2019, 08:53 PM
This entire thread is such a stupid whine. Respawn rate of newbie zones could possibly lead to someone farming 100pp in a few hours, if they farm 1 mob, and nobody else planned on it. (I farmed rabid wolf on Green Beta and there is either a place holder or respawn in 6+ minutes).

Or, normal spawn rate and we all quit playing for a few days because 100 people are fighting over 2 fire beetles.

You sound pretty whiney yourself.

Did everyone quit after a few days when eq originally launched with 400 sec noob yards?

FishBait01
10-15-2019, 09:49 PM

100pp in a few hrs getting 1gold every 5 mobs?

yikesin at you

Master Roshi
10-16-2019, 12:56 AM
were you guys on for the 10 yr anni GM event? there's going to be a ton of people stuck in the entry level zones, without a spawn increase it would be insane to try and get 1-10, you may have level 1's looking for a group with competition so fierce!

Slatzor
10-16-2019, 01:00 AM
were you guys on for the 10 yr anni GM event? there's going to be a ton of people stuck in the entry level zones, without a spawn increase it would be insane to try and get 1-10, you may have level 1's looking for a group with competition so fierce!

I think it's going to be all groups for sanity's sake.

Videri
10-16-2019, 01:04 AM
So if qhills is going to have increased spawn rate does that mean increased pyzjin and haddens? I agree newbie yards should be increased but maybe qhills doesn't need it.

There are conditions attached to the spawn reduction system

Jibartik
10-16-2019, 01:50 AM
I was playing on green, idk if I am a fan of the increased spawn rates. I feel like it is contradictory to the enjoy the ride type feel the vibe of green server has had. Feels like this would be an exp mill even if the population was quadrupled. Qhills is a fantastically OP zone and I dont think it needs an increase at all, if anything those players need to suffer, not be rewarded.

Tethler
10-16-2019, 05:01 AM
I quested the Jaggedpine staff in qeynos hills about 10 times on my ranger (giving out a completed staff to a low level druid/ranger before next turnin). By the time I hit level 12, I had earned enough plat to buy a full set of vendor leather at 1-2 plat per piece, a 12 plat 6/29 vendor 'longsword', and 20ish plat to spare.

It's a decent start, since I see level 15s still wearing all cloth with no visible armor slots, but hardly gamebreaking.

Aaramis
10-16-2019, 08:11 AM
The Qeynos Hills mobs are a concern, for sure, but only a minor one.

The Faydwer stuff I wouldn't even worry about. Yeah, sure, there's a static scarab spawn - each bp costs 2.3 plat, and boots cost 1.7. It's not like people will be *making* money on these. You lose 4 plat just outfitting yourself, and everyone will be wearing them so it's not like there's a huge market for them.

PS - just tested the static spawn. It's on a several minute timer (6min?), not the usual 1min that everything else seems to be on.

Deathrydar
10-16-2019, 08:12 AM
The decaying skeletons in NRO should be looked at (from FP ZL to the start of the sand past the Inn). The spawn rate is insane! There are players just standing in one spot killing 4-5 skellies every couple of minutes. It could really ruin the economy for bone chip selling.

Kruel
10-16-2019, 09:13 AM
I will say that I think the faster spawn timer is going to make the first few days actually playable. This will also make people feel like they are at least progressing, and maybe stay on the server. Good job Devs!

/whiteknight

DMN
10-16-2019, 09:30 AM
I will say that I think the faster spawn timer is going to make the first few days actually playable. This will also make people feel like they are at least progressing, and maybe stay on the server. Good job Devs!

/whiteknight

A false sense of progression they will disabused of the first zone over without the rapid rates.

Barantor
10-16-2019, 09:33 AM
The surefall glade 'newbie yard' inside Qeynos Hills is pretty small, so the increased respawn is definitely needed there and also for the area that is next to the Qeynos zone line that is sort of an extended Qeynos newbie yard.

The rabid animal quests will definitely be a concern, but it depends on how long they keep those respawn rates for. It could only be needed in the prime times and if they can turn them on and off at will without a restart then it'll be fine IMO.

Tecmos Deception
10-16-2019, 09:45 AM
I was playing on green, idk if I am a fan of the increased spawn rates. I feel like it is contradictory to the enjoy the ride type feel the vibe of green server has had. Feels like this would be an exp mill even if the population was quadrupled. Qhills is a fantastically OP zone and I dont think it needs an increase at all, if anything those players need to suffer, not be rewarded.

I think you're underestimating how crowded even just 30-40 people in each newbie yard will be, let alone 100+ like there almost certainly will be in nek and gfay. Especially in shit zones like toxx (it feels like there's like 20 total newbie mobs near erudin's gate... lol).

Without green exp bonus, a 0% exp bonus/penalty character needs about 350 level 1 mob kills or 100 level 2 mob kills just to hit level 4. A single group of 6 in a newbie yard will need to kill thousands of mobs for everyone to be fully ready to hit up stuff like blackburrow or WK or crushbone or whatever. And a lot of people are going to be intending to get to that point within 5-10 hours of launch, I imagine.

Classic respawn speeds in newbie areas aren't assisting "the journey" so much as making the first several levels an enormous nuisance in a way that nobody experienced in classic. Assuming we have more than 1000ish people online at launch, anyways.

aaezil
10-16-2019, 09:49 AM
Increased spawn rates will be fine at prime time for like 1 day but after that farming at 3 am is going to be economy breaking

Tecmos Deception
10-16-2019, 09:54 AM
Eh. Staff have made some references to special rules on the spawns and respawns of some mobs that could be exploited for extra-nice early gainz. Even if a few things slip through the cracks, it won't be the end of the world when all early plat is needed for is spells and maybe a combine weapon or some tradeskilling.

Sunderfury
10-16-2019, 10:01 AM
I'm fairly convinced that on live, perhaps even currently, there are still 'insta spawn' mechanics in place in some noob areas.

The most evident was when paineel was added, there were 3 skeletons that spawn right next to each other. There was a script in place that if all 3 spawns were dead, they instantly respawned. So people would kill those mobs and constantly farm bone chips. It wasn't put in for a 'cash cow' feature (although that is what it became), but more to ensure there were always mobs up for their customers starting out in noob zones.

I've come across posted evidence of this in Everfrost Peaks, GFay, Qeynos newbie yard and a few other places.

It would make sense original EQ devs would have insta-spawn mechanics in place to ensure fresh starting people don't get bored without finding anything to kill and to handle a large infuse of population.

I wouldn't put it past other zones outside noob yards having some form of insta-respawn, there is evidence of it in Quillmane cycles and other places.

So my point, is the instant respawn knowledge / spawn points may not be known, but there is evidence that it is there. So temp increased spawn rate in noob zones to handle population surge isn't necessarily unclassic.

Would be great if someone could investigate live (if these zones still exist, no clue) and pinpoint the respawn mechanics. Then we can have a more classic Green 202X launch.

Izmael
10-16-2019, 10:07 AM
IMO best would be to just disable the increased spawn rates on launch.

There are PLENTY of mobs around the old world, 99% of which are never used for exp. Even if we run out of mobs for a little, that's not a big deal, it's perfectly classic too. Besides, people should spread out relatively quickly as there will be casuals and the hardcore, and the in-betweens, who will level at different speeds starting at level 1.

This artificial "fix" may be a cure worse than the disease, because who knows what exploits it may create.

Deathrydar
10-16-2019, 10:11 AM
IMO best would be to just disable the increased spawn rates on launch.

There are PLENTY of mobs around the old world, 99% of which are never used for exp. Even if we run out of mobs for a little, that's not a big deal, it's perfectly classic too. Besides, people should spread out relatively quickly as there will be casuals and the hardcore, and the in-betweens, who will level at different speeds starting at level 1.

This artificial "fix" may be a cure worse than the disease, because who knows what exploits it may create.

I get both sides, but i think you may be underestimating how bad it could be. It may only be bad for the first weekend, but during that first weekend, there will nothing to kill. This isn't WoW where their newbie zones can handle 10-15 players. This is EQ classic, where the newbie zones, and the ones after, can only handle 5 or 6 people.

Jibartik
10-16-2019, 10:28 AM
I quested the Jaggedpine staff in qeynos hills about 10 times on my ranger (giving out a completed staff to a low level druid/ranger before next turnin). By the time I hit level 12, I had earned enough plat to buy a full set of vendor leather at 1-2 plat per piece, a 12 plat 6/29 vendor 'longsword', and 20ish plat to spare.

It's a decent start, since I see level 15s still wearing all cloth with no visible armor slots, but hardly gamebreaking.

That is totally game breaking, classic isnt meant to provide you with wow level stuff at this level, you're supposed to be struggling! :(

You just described an incredibly broken scenario to me lol

At this rate you will be able to get to 20+ in qhills in like 1 days. Just sitting there milling through a spawn as a pet class. Idk this seems like its just not in the spirit of this game to me. Why should we rush through the greenest parts of green?

Edit: Just doesnt really click for me. I mean even with out help this server figured out how to get everyone in full sets of banded before it even launched and it worked. I dont think anyone here needs any help lol

zodium
10-16-2019, 10:32 AM

i lean towards this, but i applaud the attempt and even if it creates unforeseen problems it'll provide invaluable info about a problem that absolutely needs to be handled somehow for future green iterations.

also I love Sunderfury's post and take on it.

Deathrydar
10-16-2019, 10:35 AM
That is totally game breaking, classic isnt meant to provide you with wow level stuff at this level, you're supposed to be struggling! :(

akagami
10-16-2019, 10:43 AM
Increased spawn rates will be fine at prime time for like 1 day but after that farming at 3 am is going to be economy breaking

This.

Hopefully day 1 will have enough global players that it stays busy even off peak?

zodias
10-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Qeynos Hills is not a good choice for increased spawns. There is to much there that is exploitable. Yes the it's the Surefall newbie yard but druids and rangers can and should go to NQ until 4 anyway.

Here's a list of exploitable things in the Qeynos Hills:
1. Rabid wolfs - quest Exp and PP
2. Rabid bears - quest Exp and PP
3. Putrid Skeletons - quest Exp and PP
4. Pyzjin - High value classic drop level 13 mob. Placeholder could be a level 25. but that's not a huge blocker
5. Hadden - High value classic drop level 28 mob. original spawn time is 6 hours this is brought down to around 1 hour with increased spawns.
6. Jagged Pine Crook. Increased spawns turn this into a decent exploitable cash farm.
7. Across all newbie yards with skeletons this is going to tank the bone chip market. And lets not forget that a couple bags of bone chips will get any new player to level 12 with the Kaladim quest.

A small group of dedicated players could drive the economy of the server into the ground for first month just hanging out in the Hills.

And lets not forget the 6 minute bard diet becomes the minute bard diet from levels 20 to 34. Possibly 12 to 34 as there are various reports of West Karana spawns being increased. Butcherblock dwarfs now are 1 minute spawns that are quad kiteable.

There are some zones that need increased spawns. Gfay, Toxx. But the fact is that most newbie zones are also high level xp spots for things like bard and guard killing. one could do bards to 34 in an insanely short time and then move to any of the guard spots. We'll have multiple 50's on the server within the first week.

I think the Devs have to assume that people are going to exploit this increased spawns. I think only way prevent the worst of the exploiting is to:
1. reduce it from 5x to 1.5 or 2x.
2. Removal of the bards, were their quests even classic launch?
3. Guard buff. All guards get summoning until increased spawns end.
4. auto kill some of the exploitable quest NPCs as they spawn until spawn rate normalizes. This sucks but might be needed. Yes some people will bank the drops but most of the items are not stack-able or lore.
5. Dynamic spawn rate increase. If a newbie zone gets to many people increase spawn rate to 2x/3x/4x/5x. depending on number of players. Say 30/60/90/120. as people level and move out of zones the spawns will normalize and make people not want to stay and exploit.

Just some thoughts

Sillyturtle
10-16-2019, 10:49 AM
You people need to stop throwing around the word 'exploit'.

It's not exploiting anything if the spawnrates are turned up. You're just killing mobs.

It's not going to ruin any economy. Sheesh.

aaezil
10-16-2019, 10:51 AM
Sounds like a guy who doesnt know to leverage 1 min spawns to break the economy

gildor
10-16-2019, 11:05 AM
it's not classic, so much for an "everquest museum"

Daldaen
10-16-2019, 11:06 AM
I think increased spawn rates in noob zones is a good thing. However I like the classic solution more.

The classic resolution to this issue though was server splits. If classic is really seeing 2000+ simultaneous users, a server split to get back down to 1000 I think would be the best solution. Possibly re-merging it around Kunark era once there’s a huge influx of zones/space to spread out.

However this of course has the downside of requiring additional server hardware. Which may not be possible.

zodium
10-16-2019, 11:10 AM
I think increased spawn rates in noob zones is a good thing. However I like the classic solution more.

The classic resolution to this issue though was server splits. If classic is really seeing 2000+ simultaneous users, a server split to get back down to 1000 I think would be the best solution. Possibly re-merging it around Kunark era once there’s a huge influx of zones/space to spread out.

However this of course has the downside of requiring additional server hardware. Which may not be possible.

https://i.imgur.com/fPoGD64.jpg

gildor
10-16-2019, 11:17 AM

repurpose red, not like anyone plays there

Jadian
10-16-2019, 11:28 AM
Qeynos Hills is not a good choice for increased spawns. There is to much there that is exploitable. Yes the it's the Surefall newbie yard but druids and rangers can and should go to NQ until 4 anyway.

4. Pyzjin - High value classic drop level 13 mob. Placeholder could be a level 25. but that's not a huge blocker
5. Hadden - High value classic drop level 28 mob. original spawn time is 6 hours this is brought down to around 1 hour with increased spawns.
6. Jagged Pine Crook. Increased spawns turn this into a decent exploitable cash farm.
7. Across all newbie yards with skeletons this is going to tank the bone chip market. And lets not forget that a couple bags of bone chips will get any new player to level 12 with the Kaladim quest.

A small group of dedicated players could drive the economy of the server into the ground for first month just hanging out in the Hills.

And lets not forget the 6 minute bard diet becomes the minute bard diet from levels 20 to 34. Possibly 12 to 34 as there are various reports of West Karana spawns being increased. Butcherblock dwarfs now are 1 minute spawns that are quad kiteable.

There are some zones that need increased spawns. Gfay, Toxx. But the fact is that most newbie zones are also high level xp spots for things like bard and guard killing. one could do bards to 34 in an insanely short time and then move to any of the guard spots. We'll have multiple 50's on the server within the first week.

I think the Devs have to assume that people are going to exploit this increased spawns. I think only way prevent the worst of the exploiting is to:
4. auto kill some of the exploitable quest NPCs as they spawn until spawn rate normalizes. This sucks but might be needed. Yes some people will bank the drops but most of the items are not stack-able or lore.
5. Dynamic spawn rate increase. If a newbie zone gets to many people increase spawn rate to 2x/3x/4x/5x. depending on number of players. Say 30/60/90/120. as people level and move out of zones the spawns will normalize and make people not want to stay and exploit.

Just some thoughts

So much of this is just plain factually incorrect the rest is hardly worth addressing :D

zodias
10-16-2019, 12:03 PM
So much of this is just plain factually incorrect the rest is hardly worth addressing :D

ok. i'd like see some factual corrections.

Fact is bard npcs that exist in a increased spawn newbie yard are on ~1 min timers. that covers 20 to 34. Some people have reported WK as having increased spawns as well which may be a bug as GM did state WK was not suppose to be increased. WK covers 12 to 20 bard leveling. A group of druids/necros/mages at 34 can start then killing ~1 min guard spawns in several zones, Misty, FP, BB.

Fact Feerott/Qeynos sewer spectres are in zones that have increased spawns. Sewers spectres drop a incredible pre planar rogue dagger as well.

Fact is you can right now log into green beta and make 100pp + an hour killing a level 4 mob that spawns in the same place every ~80 seconds. there are 2 or 3 of these lvl 4 wolf spots in the Hills that's 300pp/hr entering the economy within the first couple minutes of the server being up.

Fact from sun down to sun up Pyzjin will have a 5x more likely chance of spawning due to 5x as many spawns happening. The GBS is an incredibly high value classic item.

Fact Hadden being ~1hr spawn time will be a highly contested spawn. and the FBE which is a high value classic item will flood the server.

Fact several people have reported making 80+pp/hr doing jagged pine crooks.

The influx of low level plat will have a huge impact on the economy of the game. There will be little to spend money on early on but that cash will be horded.

Blacksmiths will make out like bandits because of the amount of plat players will have at low levels and the fact that they will need banded.

Palemoon
10-16-2019, 12:59 PM
I hope this is used only for at most the first few hours of launch to get beyond the initial crush , but that’s it. This is the one opportunity to force players out into the obscure corners of the world to xp. I want to see lowbies hunting in kithicor , not huddled around insta spawns in misty.

soronil
10-16-2019, 01:01 PM
I hope this is used only for at most the first few hours of launch to get beyond the initial crush , but that’s it. This is the one opportunity to force players out into the obscure corners of the world to xp. I want to see lowbies hunting in kithicor , not huddled around insta spawns in misty.

It's probably going to be in effect for opening weekend, but I am sure they will monitor it and adjust as needed. The admins would rather have a few people like you with obscure complaints about why increased spawn rate is bad, than have 90% of the server bitching about there not being enough spawns.

Have some faith.

Deathrydar
10-16-2019, 01:03 PM
Have some faith.

Best quote so far. These devs have not steered us wrong for the past ten years, we should trust them to do the right thing, whatever that may be! :)

DMN
10-16-2019, 01:10 PM
I'm still not convinced it will help do anything other than shift the bottleneck one zone over. But if they really want to do it, they probably should just increase the spawn rates of all newbie yard spawns. just low level stuff: bats, rats, decaying skeletons, tadpoles, lizards, etc. Leave everything else with normal respawn times.

cd288
10-16-2019, 01:16 PM

At this rate you will be able to get to 20+ in qhills in like 1 days. Just sitting there milling through a spawn as a pet class. Idk this seems like its just not in the spirit of this game to me. Why should we rush through the greenest parts of green?

Edit: Just doesnt really click for me. I mean even with out help this server figured out how to get everyone in full sets of banded before it even launched and it worked. I dont think anyone here needs any help lol

People are freaking out about this for no reason. Rogean has already said that exploitable quest mobs will be handled differently (probably with a normal re-spawn time). For zones like Qeynos Hills which are technically one area's (Surefall Glad) newbie zone in certain parts, you can simply limit the increased re-spawn time to mobs of like level 1-5 (and, of course, make any quest mobs like the rabid wolf that are within that range have a normal re-spawn time as well). Then no one is able to hit level 20+ using a pet to grind instantly re-spawning level 15 mobs.

Relax guys.

Jibartik
10-16-2019, 01:18 PM
I could get to 20+ grinding instantly re spawning level 15 mobs day 1

"nobody could kill an entire dungeon with one group in less than 5 minuets" someone might say before they saw p99 playing in chardook 8)

Edit: that siad I think the for warnings from the community have sufficed, Im sure it will be chill by launch day in the hills :)

<DMO> gonna be running that zone though watch out if you dont pay them for security money youre gonna get pushed around that's my new foreboding warning lmao

cd288
10-16-2019, 01:20 PM
ok. i'd like see some factual corrections.

Fact is bard npcs that exist in a increased spawn newbie yard are on ~1 min timers. that covers 20 to 34. Some people have reported WK as having increased spawns as well which may be a bug as GM did state WK was not suppose to be increased. WK covers 12 to 20 bard leveling. A group of druids/necros/mages at 34 can start then killing ~1 min guard spawns in several zones, Misty, FP, BB.

Fact Feerott/Qeynos sewer spectres are in zones that have increased spawns. Sewers spectres drop a incredible pre planar rogue dagger as well.

Fact is you can right now log into green beta and make 100pp + an hour killing a level 4 mob that spawns in the same place every ~80 seconds. there are 2 or 3 of these lvl 4 wolf spots in the Hills that's 300pp/hr entering the economy within the first couple minutes of the server being up.

Fact from sun down to sun up Pyzjin will have a 5x more likely chance of spawning due to 5x as many spawns happening. The GBS is an incredibly high value classic item.

Fact Hadden being ~1hr spawn time will be a highly contested spawn. and the FBE which is a high value classic item will flood the server.

The influx of low level plat will have a huge impact on the economy of the game. There will be little to spend money on early on but that cash will be horded.

Blacksmiths will make out like bandits because of the amount of plat players will have at low levels and the fact that they will need banded.

Well to start with, Rogean already confirmed that the WK spawn times are operating as they normally do, so that's one incorrect statement by you.

People need to relax. You can increase spawn rate for specific mobs of a certain level range and exempt other mobs in that range from that increase, while leaving other mobs the same as usual. They aren't going to have non-newbie mobs spawning every minute. Chill.

cd288
10-16-2019, 01:21 PM
I could get to 20+ grinding instantly re spawning level 15 mobs day 1

"nobody could kill an entire dungeon with one group in less than 5 minuets" someone might say before they saw p99 playing in chardook 8)

Except you can't, because like I said they can easily limit the instant re-spawn to specific mobs. It doesn't have to apply to the whole zone and it won't. Just breath man.

Tenlaar
10-16-2019, 01:23 PM
Pretending that people who are bringing up potential issues are all having panic attacks and being unreasonable is pretty pointless and annoying. Nobody is forcing you to be part of the discussion.

Jibartik
10-16-2019, 01:23 PM
Except you can't, because like I said they can easily limit the instant re-spawn to specific mobs. It doesn't have to apply to the whole zone and it won't. Just breath man.

lol

cd288
10-16-2019, 01:28 PM
Pretending that people who are bringing up potential issues are all having panic attacks and being unreasonable is pretty pointless and annoying. Nobody is forcing you to be part of the discussion.

Except you're bringing up potential issues with a system that isn't even confirmed to be happening lol. Neither Rogean nor Nilbog have come out and said "the increased re-spawn rate at launch will apply to every single mob in the zone." They've also said that they will make it so that exploitable quest mobs, such as the rabid wolf, won't be able to be exploited (I assume this will be just making those mobs spawn on their normal timer). For all we know, on Green the increased re-spawn time will apply to only very low level mobs such as level 1-5 (I'm pretty sure the devs know that making a level like 10-15 mob spawn every minute is a bad idea). So there's literally nothing to freak out about right now.

Fammaden
10-16-2019, 01:31 PM
Anyone else finding any reason they can to roll up a character that avoids the Qeynos path like the plague just to stay separated from the powergaming mindset?

I really didn't want to do the Faydwer newbie route YET AGAIN, but its starting to look mighty appealing compared to western Antonica. Troll/ogre is potentially good too.

Deathrydar
10-16-2019, 01:34 PM
Anyone else finding any reason they can to roll up a character that avoids the Qeynos path like the plague just to stay separated from the powergaming mindset?

I really didn't want to do the Faydwer newbie route YET AGAIN, but its starting to look mighty appealing compared to western Antonica. Troll/ogre is potentially good too.

Every area is going to be insane! You will not be able to hide from it! You may as well just start what you originally wanted to start.

Jibartik
10-16-2019, 01:36 PM

I love that you just said avoid the Qeynos hills path like the plague.. which later hit Qeynos hills because of Varsoons army of acolytes, the worshipers of the plaguebringer, attempting to finish his job of destroying the city and Antonius Bayle's legacy once and for all!

But yea, I was planning on avoiding it like the plague by rolling a Bloodsaber and watching it happen, but not caring because I was out of faction to do the quests, but if this buff is in I may change those plans lol

Wallicker
10-16-2019, 01:39 PM
There’s only a single rabid wolf
Spawn in beta.... and unless you plan on sharing the camp and loot you gotta go turn those pelts in, the mob will green out around lvl 8-9, you could try your luck staying til 12 but I do t really see if being that big of an issue when wisps are lvl 9 and bandits/ lfay sisters are like lvl 10 and drop bronze you guys need to calm the fuck down

Dolalin
10-16-2019, 01:40 PM
Everyone spots one edge case and thinks they're a genius.

Jibartik
10-16-2019, 01:40 PM
Exp from rabbids gives you greater exp than killing a blue creature past your 20s :)

I have leveled to 26 on them.

Why do people think they know how things work and then swear at other people?

I find that people are more upset than the people who are saying this could be problem. I think its fair to be concerned about changes to the _most_ quest heavy zone in all of classic everquest. More trash mobs is a great idea, but the newbie yard is -> that way down the path to Qeynos.

Wallicker
10-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Yeah but what I’m saying is good luck having that camp back when you go turn in those pelts

whitebandit
10-16-2019, 01:43 PM
I love that you just said avoid the Qeynos hills path like the plague.. which later hit Qeynos hills because of Varsoons army of acolytes, the worshipers of the plaguebringer, attempting to finish his job of destroying the city and Antonius Bayle's legacy once and for all!

But yea, I was planning on avoiding it like the plague by rolling a Bloodsaber and watching it happen, but not caring because I was out of faction to do the quests, but if this buff is in I may change those plans lol

Are there any evil non PC races you could faction with for a functional hometown? like Runnyeye for instance, or even Splitpaw?

Wallicker
10-16-2019, 01:43 PM
And once you hit 12 or so it’s no longer the easiest way to make plat or the fastest way to level

Jibartik
10-16-2019, 01:46 PM
And once you hit 12 or so it’s no longer the easiest way to make plat or the fastest way to level

Incorrect! :)

Besides, if anyone here thinks that speeding past level 12 is the spirit of green I would like them to explain to me how it is :)

Im gonna bow out because some of the people here are like thinking this is an argument we should be name calling eachother over and I am not on that level. I have made my fears pretty obvious hehe.

I trust the staff, I hope that we dont speed up the first 12 levels of everquest but I am a sadist that loves these zones more than average so I am biased.

Albane
10-16-2019, 01:49 PM
Rabids are not on a 1 minute timer, they are 6 minutes plus. Do some testing first, it's what the Beta server is for. (Basically negating all other comments on someone's "FACT" post)

As for people talking about how much cash they have earned or can earn, you are imaging this respawn rate with 100 population, not 1000-2000.

I would like to see a weekend of faster respawn rates, maybe not 6x faster but at least 3x. Once 1 player reaches level 20, make a massive announcement, give them something unique, and set all respawns back to normal.

EDIT: Either way, I don't plan on killing anything until level 4+.

Jibartik
10-16-2019, 01:50 PM
How bout we just play classic everquest and take it slow and hail some NPCs while we wait for respawns? :o

OK I'm out lol

Fammaden
10-16-2019, 01:51 PM
Every area is going to be insane! You will not be able to hide from it! You may as well just start what you originally wanted to start.

Yeah I get that, I'm not trying to pick an area with less population, just that the most min/max mindsets are going to gravitate heavily towards Qeynos and the surrounding zones. That's fine for people who are picking that path or hoping to race levels, but it might create a slightly different vibe than other zones without the overpowered questing rewards.

I was never that interested in starting Qeynos anyway. I'd also considered FP/Neriak/RV but there's going to be a fair amount of similar stuff going on. The good old crushbone belts and pads grind might seem downright quaint compared to the amount of quest spamming that will be taking place in RV and Qeynos.

I love that you just said avoid the Qeynos hills path like the plague..

This was not an accident. ;P

Glasken
10-16-2019, 01:53 PM

Just some thoughts

...how long, exactly, do you think the increased spawn rate will be in? Bard diet wont be available for a few months into the server start, and exploitable mobs can have their own timers turned up or down along with a zone global. Put your pitchfork down.

Deathrydar
10-16-2019, 01:54 PM
...how long, exactly, do you think the increased spawn rate will be in? Bard diet wont be available for a few months into the server start, and exploitable mobs can have their own timers turned up or down along with a zone global. Put your pitchfork down.

What is "bard diet?" Is that the MOBs on every single Necro guide to camp?

Fammaden
10-16-2019, 01:57 PM
I thought those bard NPC's were in?

The other bard thing that I thought was out was the mail quest. I know that was a big target for powering through one to five for many people in Faydwer.

Glasken
10-16-2019, 01:57 PM
What is "bard diet?" Is that the MOBs on every single Necro guide to camp?

More or less. Most, if not all, are part of the bard mail run quests, which were not in-game during launch. They have been removed from Green Beta as well. There is a bug post on it but I'm too lazy to go searching to link it.

cd288
10-16-2019, 02:03 PM

I actually really wanted to go Qeynos area since I haven't done much lower leveling there, but I want to roll a High Elf. So I plan to hit like level 7 in Faydwer, head to Antonica to do some Orc camps and Befallen grouping. Then head west and do a bit of leveling in the Qeynos area from like 12-15 because there are a couple of quests/drops that I want to hit over there.

zaneosak
10-16-2019, 02:10 PM
Rabids are not on a 1 minute timer, they are 6 minutes plus. Do some testing first, it's what the Beta server is for. (Basically negating all other comments on someone's "FACT" post)

You're just late to the game, they were 80 seconds the first few days. I should know. I sat there and filled up 2 backpacks.

Rogean later did state those kinds of things would have conditions and have since been set to the normal timer. All is being fixed as they stated they would.

Tenlaar
10-16-2019, 02:19 PM
So there's literally nothing to freak out about right now.

People talking about potential issues with something is not "freaking out." Stop using this language to imply that anybody who doesn't see it exactly how you do is automatically unreasonable.

cd288
10-16-2019, 02:19 PM
More or less. Most, if not all, are part of the bard mail run quests, which were not in-game during launch. They have been removed from Green Beta as well. There is a bug post on it but I'm too lazy to go searching to link it.

To my knowledge, pretty much all of the 6 minute bard spawns referenced in that guide are not part of the mail quest (looking on the Wiki, it looks like only one of the 6 minute spawns has a mail quest in their Related Quests category). Unless the Wiki is wrong.

You're sure that those specific Bards from the guide (and not the other mail quest ones) are removed on Green Beta? For example, the Bard in Highkeep is a mail quest Bard, not a 6 minute Bard diet guide Bard.

cd288
10-16-2019, 02:20 PM
People talking about potential issues with something is not "freaking out." Stop using this language to imply that anybody who doesn't see it exactly how you do is automatically unreasonable.

Lol

turbosilk
10-17-2019, 11:14 PM
There are at least 3 quests I know about at level 1 that you can do elsewhere that are the same plat/min as killing the rabid wolf every 6.5 min and you get more exp doing the quests than camping the wolf and doing the turn ins.

Jibartik
10-18-2019, 12:09 AM
There are at least 3 quests I know about at level 1 that you can do elsewhere that are the same plat/min as killing the rabid wolf every 6.5 min and you get more exp doing the quests than camping the wolf and doing the turn ins.

dont believe you

turbosilk
10-18-2019, 12:34 AM
PM a week after launch and I'll spill the secrets.

Tethler
10-18-2019, 05:27 AM

Leather armor at level 12 is gamebreaking? I'm talking just the straight up vendor leather with a couple AC and no stats. And a 12plat vendor sword... not exactly great stuff.

Tethler
10-18-2019, 05:33 AM

I don't believe this figure. You need 2 different lore drops, and then you need to zone to SFG to turnin. The most I got from 1 turnin was like 4p and change. Also, the reward varies. One I turned in gave me 9g. The staff only vendors for 9s too. Doesn't add up.

Aaramis
10-18-2019, 06:28 AM
EDIT: Either way, I don't plan on killing anything until level 4+.

What quests are still in that offer non-combat quest xp?
Mail quests are out, so what's left? Tackle box quest?

Jimjam
10-18-2019, 06:37 AM
Soup for Deputy Mowat.

But a character which hasn't had any melee skill ups for 4 levels is gonna be a big yikes.

Imagine fighting like a level 1 and the lowest level mob you can get skill ups off is a level 2.It ain't pretty getting caught back up.

I suggest levelling to 3 off xp quests if you have to go that way, 4 at an absolute most (maybe if mage?).

At level 3 you can still make reasonable xp off those decaying skeletons, hopefully luck out on full set of cloth and get your classes BIS rusty/tarnished weapon.

Ivory
10-18-2019, 07:01 AM
Please no increased respawn!!! .....

It will ruin the pace of the game. Let newbies struggle a little finding mobs....THAT'S OK.

Then people will spread out more and explore more and have fun. They will go "yard is too busy, maybe i'll try buying up wolf pelts and tailoring and selling armor!!".

Or all sorts of other scenarios....where they start trying to explore deeper than they would normally....getting a group together to go places with less competition (but far more danger since they are underleveled).

Henlolizar
10-18-2019, 07:11 AM
Obviously they're not going to have Hadden on a 1-hr timer. Come on.

soronil
10-18-2019, 07:54 AM
Nilbog has already nurfed jaggedpine crook spawn rate and drop rate over in bug forums.

Uthgaard
10-18-2019, 07:54 AM
Please no increased respawn!!! .....

It will ruin the pace of the game. Let newbies struggle a little finding mobs....THAT'S OK.

Then people will spread out more and explore more and have fun. They will go "yard is too busy, maybe i'll try buying up wolf pelts and tailoring and selling armor!!".

Or all sorts of other scenarios....where they start trying to explore deeper than they would normally....getting a group together to go places with less competition (but far more danger since they are underleveled).

Some zones were coded to never be devoid of mobs, without having an insane farmable static respawn spot. That might be the better way to go here.

One easily observable example was groups of three decaying skeletons. Once they had spread out, it wouldn't be very obvious which three were part of a spawngroup unless you either watched them spawn or had track (sorted them to the top), but when all three died, a new group of three would respawn at a random location.

This was very obvious while farming bone chips in Paineel. Another notable area this was done was Terrorantula, clusters of spiders were always up, not every spider was part of the cluster, but when all spiders from the cluster were dead, a new cluster of about 6 spiders, 3 terrorantulings, or the terrorantula would spawn.

This technique provided a "supply meets demand" dynamic that isn't so directly exploitable. But it is more work to implement.

GreldorEQ
10-18-2019, 08:18 AM
You people need to stop throwing around the word 'exploit'.

It's not exploiting anything if the spawnrates are turned up. You're just killing mobs.

It's not going to ruin any economy. Sheesh.

Sheesh indeed.

DRAGONBAIT
10-18-2019, 08:26 AM
What i dont understand is why devs always call for "classic" to argue against some changes asked from the community, but then as soon as they see a change they see fit theyll just go with it and forget about the classic thing. They advertise fully classic, so there is no room for perspectives about the game QoL etc, but then they do custom shit all around. I will never understand this.

evilution
10-18-2019, 08:32 AM
What i dont understand is why devs always call for "classic" to argue against some changes asked from the community, but then as soon as they see a change they see fit theyll just go with it and forget about the classic thing. They advertise fully classic, so there is no room for perspectives about the game QoL etc, but then they do custom shit all around. I will never understand this.

It's their server, go ahead and make your own if you can do better.

Sunderfury
10-18-2019, 08:42 AM
Some zones were coded to never be devoid of mobs, without having an insane farmable static respawn spot. That might be the better way to go here.

One easily observable example was groups of three decaying skeletons. Once they had spread out, it wouldn't be very obvious which three were part of a spawngroup unless you either watched them spawn or had track (sorted them to the top), but when all three died, a new group of three would respawn at a random location.

This was very obvious while farming bone chips in Paineel. Another notable area this was done was Terrorantula, clusters of spiders were always up, not every spider was part of the cluster, but when all spiders from the cluster were dead, a new cluster of about 6 spiders, 3 terrorantulings, or the terrorantula would spawn.

This technique provided a "supply meets demand" dynamic that isn't so directly exploitable. But it is more work to implement.

Basically said the same thing on Page 5 of this thread lol (posted below), didn't know about the Terrorantula spawns though.

I'd suggest for Green 202X insta-respawn mechanics can be put in place but a script in place that is non-exploitable (i.e. it isn't always the same 3 spawns in Paineel). I don't see this getting done and tested in time for Green 2020 even if launch is delayed.

I'm fairly convinced that on live, perhaps even currently, there are still 'insta spawn' mechanics in place in some noob areas.

The most evident was when paineel was added, there were 3 skeletons that spawn right next to each other. There was a script in place that if all 3 spawns were dead, they instantly respawned. So people would kill those mobs and constantly farm bone chips. It wasn't put in for a 'cash cow' feature (although that is what it became), but more to ensure there were always mobs up for their customers starting out in noob zones.

I've come across posted evidence of this in Everfrost Peaks, GFay, Qeynos newbie yard and a few other places.

It would make sense original EQ devs would have insta-spawn mechanics in place to ensure fresh starting people don't get bored without finding anything to kill and to handle a large infuse of population.

I wouldn't put it past other zones outside noob yards having some form of insta-respawn, there is evidence of it in Quillmane cycles and other places.

So my point, is the instant respawn knowledge / spawn points may not be known, but there is evidence that it is there. So temp increased spawn rate in noob zones to handle population surge isn't necessarily unclassic.

Would be great if someone could investigate live (if these zones still exist, no clue) and pinpoint the respawn mechanics. Then we can have a more classic Green 202X launch.

Ivory
10-18-2019, 08:44 AM

Yea, the UI thing is a good case....like "how the boxes look for your chat window, no room to budge on...JUST NOT CLASSIC!.....but we will 10x the spawn rate lol".

Deathrydar
10-18-2019, 08:44 AM
even if launch is delayed.
Don't ever say those words!

Daldaen
10-18-2019, 09:04 AM
Definitely delay the launch. It’s better to fine tune stuff and get a late launch than to launch with a bunch of broken issues.

If you delay launch I’d like to propose a random Green launch. Don’t announce when it will happen, just wipe the characters from beta and turn the server back online. This way people can’t plan out weeks of neckbearding in advance and you will be able to better manage the influx of players as it will take time for word to spread that the server launched.

Uthgaard
10-18-2019, 09:06 AM
Basically said the same thing on Page 5 of this thread lol (posted below), didn't know about the Terrorantula spawns though.

I'd suggest for Green 202X insta-respawn mechanics can be put in place but a script in place that is non-exploitable (i.e. it isn't always the same 3 spawns in Paineel). I don't see this getting done and tested in time for Green 2020 even if launch is delayed.

Glad to see it was already mentioned and I wasn't just throwing out a crazy idea no one had heard of.
As far as I know, spawngroups were never implemented on any emulated server, but the database structure exists to do it without a lot of hard coding. It wouldn't need a dedicated script for every area, it would just need some server code to call up spawngroups as a functional thing from database tables, similar to how spawn tables are called now. The server code would be short, and the database work could then be done piecemeal and adjustable on the fly.

Also, nice to meet you.

flacidpenguin
10-18-2019, 09:07 AM
Definitely delay the launch. It’s better to fine tune stuff and get a late launch than to launch with a bunch of broken issues.

If you delay launch I’d like to propose a random Green launch. Don’t announce when it will happen, just wipe the characters from beta and turn the server back online. This way people can’t plan out weeks of neckbearding in advance and you will be able to better manage the influx of players as it will take time for word to spread that the server launched.

Why are you upset that people dont have fun the same way you do?

Deathrydar
10-18-2019, 09:13 AM

Sounds like a selfish request. I hope they don't listen!

magusfire24
10-18-2019, 09:18 AM
Sounds like a selfish request. I hope they don't listen!

I highly doubt we will have a delay. They are fixing issues pretty fast. I am very impressed with the fixes we have already seen.

Tenlaar
10-18-2019, 09:18 AM
The don't announce when the launch will be thing is dumb, but I'm getting a little concerned about the launch being so soon with the kind of things that are popping up in the beta. I mean, apparently somebody hit 51 last night...

Uthgaard
10-18-2019, 09:20 AM
From a development perspective, a broken launch can truly cripple a game server long-term. Imbalance issues may never fully smooth out, depending on the severity, particularly where there's exploit potential - and the exploit potential is high where you tweak something as critical as respawn rates. Right now, I guarantee you people are scouring the beta for exploits they have no intention of reporting.

See: every game that screwed up a launch ever.

I already see the dilated pupils over being the first to amass the most pixels.

Deathrydar
10-18-2019, 09:20 AM
The don't announce when the launch will be thing is dumb, but I'm getting a little concerned about the launch being so soon with the kind of things that are popping up in the beta. I mean, apparently somebody hit 51 last night...

There's a 10X exp bonus on green beta. I am confused as to what the issue is with someone hitting 51....

flacidpenguin
10-18-2019, 09:26 AM
From a development perspective, a broken launch can truly cripple a game server long-term. Imbalance issues may never fully smooth out, depending on the severity, particularly where there's exploit potential - and the exploit potential is high where you tweak something as critical as respawn rates. Right now, I guarantee you people are scouring the beta for exploits they have no intention of reporting.

See: every game that screwed up a launch ever.

I already see the dilated pupils over being the first to amass the most pixels.

Just pretend the neckbeards dont exist and enjoy the game. Unless you plan on farming manastone or guides you wont really have to deal with them.

Tenlaar
10-18-2019, 09:35 AM
There's a 10X exp bonus on green beta. I am confused as to what the issue is with someone hitting 51....

You're confused about what the issue is with someone hitting level 51 on a pre-Kunark server...?

Deathrydar
10-18-2019, 09:42 AM
You're confused about what the issue is with someone hitting level 51 on a pre-Kunark server...?

Oh....wow, that got right by me....

Sunderfury
10-18-2019, 10:16 AM
Glad to see it was already mentioned and I wasn't just throwing out a crazy idea no one had heard of.
As far as I know, spawngroups were never implemented on any emulated server, but the database structure exists to do it without a lot of hard coding. It wouldn't need a dedicated script for every area, it would just need some server code to call up spawngroups as a functional thing from database tables, similar to how spawn tables are called now. The server code would be short, and the database work could then be done piecemeal and adjustable on the fly.

Also, nice to meet you.

Cool that the structure is there. To be clear, i'm not involved in any development on p99, just have a passion for bug reporting and research.

What I meant by a script, was not hard code 3 specific spawn points (for example) to instant respawn if dead, but randomize the spawn points every X hours or cycles. If neckbeards track specific spawn points to instant respawns, it will eventually be exploited. But if it was dynamic the chances would go down significantly.

Jimjam
10-18-2019, 10:53 AM
I noticed the kill 3 spawn 3 mechanic on live in paineel newbie yard but couldn't find evidence for submitting a report. I'm glad i'm not the only one who has flagged this!

Uthgaard
10-18-2019, 10:59 AM
Cool that the structure is there. To be clear, i'm not involved in any development on p99, just have a passion for bug reporting and research.

That was how I started. Don't be afraid to give it a shot, DB work is really straightforward with the right tools, and mostly research/QA.

What I meant by a script, was not hard code 3 specific spawn points (for example) to instant respawn if dead, but randomize the spawn points every X hours or cycles. If neckbeards track specific spawn points to instant respawns, it will eventually be exploited. But if it was dynamic the chances would go down significantly.

That's basically what a spawngroup is. The entity and the location are random. It's the same concept as a single spawn point, just with pre-defined clusters that spawn around a point and wander out from the center, and instantly respawn once the last from the spawngroup is dead. But here all of the spawns are singular and just approximated as random spawns from a single placeholder. It was "good enough" to not justify the extra work, but the high competition in old zones might give a reason to revisit the mechanic.

Sunderfury
10-18-2019, 11:16 AM
That was how I started. Don't be afraid to give it a shot, DB work is really straightforward with the right tools, and mostly research/QA.

Man I would love to if papa Rogean would ever entrust me with DB / code access, but at this stage I am not worthy (in skill and time commitment). While I'm devoted to the project, I have 2 kids at a very young age and my primary focus is spending time with the family, especially during these formative years. Even doing guiding is tough, been restricted to bug forum lurking these last few months.

That's basically what a spawngroup is. The entity and the location are random. It's the same concept as a single spawn point, just with pre-defined clusters that spawn around a point and wander out from the center, and instantly respawn once the last from the spawngroup is dead. But here all of the spawns are singular and just approximated as random spawns from a single placeholder. It was "good enough" to not justify the extra work, but the high competition in old zones might give a reason to revisit the mechanic.

Sounds like you need to reach out to Rogean / Nilbog and come back to the project :)

In our darkest hour, a hero returns
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard

turbosilk
10-18-2019, 11:25 AM

No because your plan is the biggest benefit to neckbeards. People with lives have to plan and prep. This way we're at least on more even footing.

Uthgaard
10-18-2019, 12:04 PM
Man I would love to if papa Rogean would ever entrust me with DB / code access, but at this stage I am not worthy (in skill and time commitment). While I'm devoted to the project, I have 2 kids at a very young age and my primary focus is spending time with the family, especially during these formative years. Even doing guiding is tough, been restricted to bug forum lurking these last few months.

Sounds like you need to reach out to Rogean / Nilbog and come back to the project :)

In our darkest hour, a hero returns
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard

I laughed out loud. No one has ever written me a poem before. Maybe a limerick at best. Thanks that was nice.

Rufus1
10-18-2019, 06:23 PM
In order to fully exploit the increased spawn rates, I have a group planned around farming bone chips in newbie areas. We're going to corpse stacks of chips on our bodies in and out of game, insuring our control of the bone chip market for years to come. It would be nice if our network of exploiters could be in every starter zone, stocking up on chips and spiderling silk so that we can ruin the server economy on day 1 due to increased spawn rate.

Let me know If you would like to join in and can go for 18 hours per day for 2 months, never been tricked by left over mt dew bottles in your nest and can consume flaming hot cheetos without taking your hands off the keyboard. My group has 5 spots left but we're filling up fast.

AenorVZ
10-19-2019, 03:35 AM
Rabid wolf is nerfed. Cros Treewind correctly assisting bears.

Gustoo
10-19-2019, 04:41 AM
In order to fully exploit the increased spawn rates, I have a group planned around farming bone chips in newbie areas. We're going to corpse stacks of chips on our bodies in and out of game, insuring our control of the bone chip market for years to come. It would be nice if our network of exploiters could be in every starter zone, stocking up on chips and spiderling silk so that we can ruin the server economy on day 1 due to increased spawn rate.

Let me know If you would like to join in and can go for 18 hours per day for 2 months, never been tricked by left over mt dew bottles in your nest and can consume flaming hot cheetos without taking your hands off the keyboard. My group has 5 spots left but we're filling up fast.

Shits classic.