PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Derpy hate on green and blue

DMN
10-13-2019, 06:18 PM
So I was putzing around on my druid on green and ended up in over my head and started my death march to the nearby guards. I ran right past an orc centurion who was between me and the guards. The centurion was pretty deep green and normally would not attack. I was well under 1 bubble of life and let me through without issue.

What supposed to happen is the orc centurion should have attacked me no matter what as soon as I got close. Derpy health is a major taunt to nearby KOS creatures NO MATTER their current hate toward you. It could have been an orc pawn and it too should have tried to kill me because of derp health taunt.

Then I remember when I first started playing on blue and I'd shit my pants when clerics would rez me with mobs literally being fought right next to my corpse. I could even sit down and not get aggro(another taunt). I'm thinking the aggro/hate code for this is wrong on green and (maybe) blue for being in derpy health. I got used it and I never thought much about I, figuring maybe something changed during velious which I only had very fuzzy memories of. But this incident on green piqued my thoughts again.

the_only_jake
10-13-2019, 06:32 PM
there were a couple spawns in BB where 2 gnolls were side by side , one was always the one who would aggro and the other wouldn't. Both had the same con message , but only 1 of the spawns would kos me if I walked to close to it as well. they were the first couple gnolls down in blackburrow just before the bridge , static spawns at the end of the tunnel.