PDA

View Full Version : New Character Spawn Location

hillgiantchamp
10-12-2019, 03:31 PM
I've been noticing it seems almost all new characters I'm making spawn into the world for the first time in front of the priest of discord in their home town. Then upon death spawn in the newbie yard. Is this going to be the case for green? I thought I remember spawning upon first entering the world in front of the GM in your local class guild. Or am I wrong and it is working correctly?

Deathrydar
10-12-2019, 03:35 PM
I remember the search for my guild master was the first of many lessons taught to me in EverQuest! And that lesson is, you are on your own and you have to figure this out on your own. And it was a pure bitch to find that guild master. I don't remember spawning anywhere near my guildmaster...the Priest of Discord location seems correct!

That's how I remember it anyway......I could be wrong, I am old.

hillgiantchamp
10-12-2019, 03:38 PM
You could be right. Sounds classic. I didn't play classic back in the day. Joined later. Just curious really if that's how it will work in green. If that is the case it sure will be crowded around that priest of discord

Deathrydar
10-12-2019, 03:43 PM
You could be right. Sounds classic. I didn't play classic back in the day. Joined later. Just curious really if that's how it will work in green. If that is the case it sure will be crowded around that priest of discord

I remember the sea of corpses around the priest of discord due to newbies not re-binding their attack key, targeting the first NPC they seen when they entered the game, and being demolished!

Cen
10-12-2019, 04:41 PM
Most classes spawn at the POD in their hometown correctly. Some are way wrong like the ranger and druid spawns for qeynos area, which should spawn in SFG, and the halfling cleric spawn is a bit weird but barely an issue.

Verityn
10-12-2019, 05:13 PM
Some classes do spawn in front of their guildmaster like the halfling rogues for example

Jibartik
10-12-2019, 06:05 PM
I dont remember, but this game helping me find my GM at level 1? Sounds suspect.

Talinthis
10-12-2019, 08:24 PM
I remember the sea of corpses around the priest of discord due to newbies not re-binding their attack key, targeting the first NPC they seen when they entered the game, and being demolished!

lol i loved that. press H, respond to something the npc says --> "what is" *dies*

sciception
10-12-2019, 08:28 PM
I've been testing how much of a difference it makes. The answer is not much. I will probably go straight to experiencing before I go get the free t-shirt and faction. I don't think many people will have problems finding their GM's. Prior to EQAtlas and Alla sure, but after 20 years probably not.

Cen
10-12-2019, 10:41 PM
HUMAN RANGERS ON GREEN START IN SFG! WOOT

Steelthorn
10-13-2019, 02:16 AM
I've been testing how much of a difference it makes. The answer is not much. I will probably go straight to experiencing before I go get the free t-shirt and faction. I don't think many people will have problems finding their GM's. Prior to EQAtlas and Alla sure, but after 20 years probably not.

I still expect to see the ground under Kelethin littered with corpses. Even with a map it's annoying to navigate.