PDA

View Full Version : Given a standard timeline, how many characters are you planning?

Cen
10-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Given my skill and not high level of dedication, I think I can only handle 3 up to the end. This time around my only lock in is an iksar necro next year, and two unknown at launch. Still cant decide but 2 characters will be too much to handle as is.

I am feeling out which pair I want though.

Cleric of unknown race
Ogre Shaman
Human Ranger
Druid of unknown race
Ogre SK
Ogre Warrior

Right now I think Ogre Shaman and Human Ranger but I may swap to the Ranger Cleric combo. It would be nice to have three characters that don't share spell sets or roles so Ranger Shaman necro would be really nice

Are you only planning one character or multiple?

Palemoon
10-12-2019, 01:33 PM
Just one toon, maybe two at most. Something to pass the time with until red99 gets the green treatment.

edit, your list triggered a memory though. I remember when waiting for EQ beta to start I would daydream about what my class/race lineup would be. Little did I know that the troll SK i started with took all my energy and time, no time for alts until much much later.

Gustoo
10-12-2019, 01:35 PM
Just one. Can't decide if I wanna practice for red 99 2.0 or play green style.

Cen
10-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Just one toon, maybe two at most. Something to pass the time with until red99 gets the green treatment.

edit, your list triggered a memory though. I remember when waiting for EQ beta to start I would daydream about what my class/race lineup would be. Little did I know that the troll SK i started with took all my energy and time, no time for alts until much much later.

Do you think that red is going to get the green treatment? I've been suspecting that they're working on a system to roll over one server into another to do for green into blue and that they're going to do it to red into blue as well

Vexenu
10-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Planning on taking one straight to 50, at which point I'll consider another.

But overall I think the lack of good twink gear will discourage people from making a crazy number of alts on Green, at least for the first year or so. When you see quality Velious gear being sold for just a few hundred plat on Blue it's very tempting to start throwing together sets of gear for new alts. But for a long time on Green a good set of twink gear is just going to be a set of Banded armor, +55 hp rings and a SSoY/Dark Reaver/Ghoulbane tier weapon. Not exactly setting the world on fire there.

Nuggie
10-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Depends what my kids do. Right now we're planning on cleric/Monk/ench. I expect the son playing the monk to bounce after a few weeks. At which point I will finish the monk after the cleric/ench hit 50. If the son playing the cleric also bounces I will do the cleric first then the monk or possibly a bard depending on wether were past the 4 mob limit or not.

Aaramis
10-12-2019, 01:55 PM
One for now. Caster most likely.

If I eventually snag a Rubi BP and fbss, that might sway me to make an alt.
Will probably wait for Kunark though. Much better weapons there for twinking. Plus fungi...

Chortles Snort|eS
10-12-2019, 02:07 PM
main and alt to start me think
cleric on kubark release

Vizax_Xaziv
10-12-2019, 02:12 PM
90% chance of me rolling the standard-caster during Classic then rolling a melee-twink during Kunark.

Very original, I know!

Baler
10-12-2019, 02:15 PM
I have plans to make 1 character across 10 accounts on green.
No I won't explain why.

Ultimately, 2 mains (Necro) and 1 alt (Cleric)

Izmael
10-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Going for Human Monk for the full classic experience. Human Monk in crap gear lost in an old world zone is the most classic thing I can think of!

whitebandit
10-12-2019, 03:12 PM
Going for Human Monk for the full classic experience. Human Monk in crap gear lost in an old world zone is the most classic thing I can think of!

Damn, now you got me thinking... I was a human monk on Live. I got me a level 60 Lizard monk though on blue... wasnt sure i wanted to play the same class again but shiiiiit, that nostalgia

slowpoke68
10-12-2019, 03:22 PM
I'm hoping to play just one but do raiding and all that stuff with him. No altitis this time around! That is the plan at least.

soronil
10-12-2019, 03:49 PM
2 at launch, another when temple of Sol ro opens, another in velious (Steelsilk eru pally. )

Tenlaar
10-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Planning to start with an ogre shaman and then most likely make an SK alt after the shaman has a decent start. Undecided if I'll want to try to do ogre SK with a guise or just say f the better tanking and go for ultimate fashion quest with erudite SK.

GhostCow
10-12-2019, 07:32 PM
Will start with a High Elf Enchanter and then probably make an Ogre Shaman or Half-Elf Bard

Barantor
10-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Halfling Rogue
Barbarian Shaman
Dark Elf Warrior or SK
Human Ranger

ldgo86
10-12-2019, 07:55 PM
I can’t imagine having enough time for more than 1 character and being able to keep up with the release schedule for raids etc. Definitely just a single character for me.

El-Hefe
10-12-2019, 08:12 PM
All of them.

sciception
10-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Starting with a class that can farm a bit, then switching to a Paladin most likely. How far I will go after that depends greatly on the patches.

zodias
10-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Human ranger for classic
Will roll a necro and monk with kunark.

Steelthorn
10-13-2019, 02:14 AM
Starting with either a dwarf cleric or an enchanter. Once Kunark hits, rolling an ikky monk and start factioning my brains out.