PDA

View Full Version : Human caster?

slowpoke68
10-11-2019, 02:32 PM
I think I have it down to Cleric Wizard or Necro for green and either human or DE.

In the event I end up going with one of the pure casters is there anyway to justify playing a human? Do they have any advantage I'm not seeing to even out the lower starting intelligence?

It isn't a huge deal and I always go with what race I like the look of and which I feel like playing, but I like both races here and am looking for other factors I haven't thought of yet when choosing my race.

Thanks!

Danth
10-11-2019, 02:35 PM
You like it is justification enough. Otherwise Humans do have a few modest advantages. Neutral-ish faction makes getting around the world a little more convenient than on something like a Dark Elf. They also tend to have higher strength than the other INT caster types, so you can carry more stuff before getting encumbered and suffering reduced movement speed. Maybe it's not much, but it's not nothing, either.

Danth

bum3
10-11-2019, 02:40 PM
Don't overlook true classic nighttime and blindness of the race.

BlackBellamy
10-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Human Necro has issues buying spells because some spells (Gate, Minor Shielding, etc) are only sold in the casters guild that they're kos too.

Deathrydar
10-11-2019, 02:59 PM
Human Necro has issues buying spells because some spells (Gate, Minor Shielding, etc) are only sold in the casters guild that they're kos too.

They're not KOS in the casters guild in Freeport, they are dubious. Which means you still can't buy them.

You are, however, KOS in the Neriak casters guild. I can speak to that from experience.

Cen
10-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Human clerics can be flavorful. They look great and have interesting diety choices.

sciception
10-11-2019, 03:03 PM
I was pretty amazed at how much better other races, especially Dark Elves, see at night in this game. From my understanding, the staff is going out off their way to add Shader's to make it seem more authentic. If this is true, Human may be a very trying experience. Gamma won't fix Shaders. Anyone know the deal?

Danth
10-11-2019, 03:08 PM
Funny thing is that's part of why I preferred humans. Infravision made monsters look red. Ultravision made everything look indigo. Between it all I thought of dark night-time as the least annoying option. We don't have those nuisances on P99, either, unfortunately.

Danth

slowpoke68
10-11-2019, 03:15 PM
One note about the human caster would be that the both get infravision spells, necro at 8 and wiz at 16, so not as bad as it would be otherwise.

I do remember playing a human monk as my first toon near launch and it was crazy dark for sure lol.

DMN
10-11-2019, 03:21 PM
Eyepatch. You can be half blind AND night blind. Yar!

sciception
10-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Yeah, the eye patch and for some the mustaches are worth not being able to see.

Jimjam
10-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Eyepatch. You can be half blind AND night blind. Yar! Create an empty chat window called 'eye patch' to hide the left third of the screen to emulate eye patch.

Jimjam
10-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Yeah, the eye patch and for some the mustaches are worth not being able to see.

The important thing is to be seen, not just to see.

Palemoon
10-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Well humans have greater choice in deity, and some of the cultural smithing comes out in a color you may prefer.

On a fresh server like green, starting quests and zones are another big reason you might choose human over DE. (say you love Qeynos more than commonlands)

Dark elf hide ability might be the only thing you will forever miss with a human. Even the dark elf snare neck you can get with a dismal rage human. Heck you could even get the DE mask for the body shape and ultra-vision. So /hide is the truly only thing.

Verityn
10-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Ultravision made everything look indigo.

If they can put this in somehow I may play a Dark Elf. Nektulos just doesn't look the same to me without it.

uygi
10-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Dark Elf is a great cleric race. You get Hide, which is excellent. You also look like a total badass in plate. Could go gnome for wallhax; agnostic gnomes have access to both FV and OT services, not sure if the same is true for gnome on Brell or Bristlebane.

I think eyepatch/mustache are best human abilities.

Gustoo
10-11-2019, 04:52 PM
Human is a good race for either of these. Dark Elf gets to do some cool quests and overall their evil path is more robust, and is probably the choice I would pick. They're close to good places and their starting city has everything an evil guy needs to thrive. A human necro is an outcast while a dark elf necro is a pillar of the community.

For a wizard, I wouldn't be a dark elf, I would be a gnome probably.

For a Cleric, I would be a halfling of course, but really all the cleric races are pretty great. Dark elf is kinda sucky because it is KOS to many places and doesn't really get much advantage for it. Halfling can hide, high elf has more wisdom, and so on.

Really, choose the starting city that you want to be your home and enjoy.

Aaramis
10-11-2019, 04:53 PM
There's very little that can't be overcome as a Human.

No night vision? Lightstone as of level 10 or so.

Faction issues? Make a friend. Pay a lowbie 2plat to buy your spells. Make an alt.

Fashionquest? Guise.

So, if you truly want to play a Human, go for it. It's not an insurmountable obstacle, by any means.

Madbad
10-11-2019, 05:08 PM
I'm a human I think

loramin
10-11-2019, 05:15 PM
Other than the faction and stats, there's the Human +5 Fire Resist (you were born to fight Naggy!)

Also there is deity gear, but it's pretty insignificant for both human and dark elf religions.

Videri
10-11-2019, 05:15 PM
I'm a human I think

Can confirm.

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."

uygi
10-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Halfling can hide

Dude they can sneak, which is so much better. Both is best.

ldgo86
10-11-2019, 06:56 PM
I have been loving my test Necro. Dismal Rage is so badass.

Crede
10-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Human Inny cleric.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Fright_Forged_Helm
https://wiki.project1999.com/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk
https://wiki.project1999.com/Terror_Forged_Mask

Insta click deadeye for infravision/see invis/global cooldown
Snare neck
Mask that has call of bones for a period of time.

Erudite/DE clerics can use some of those, but not all 3.

Gustoo
10-11-2019, 10:40 PM
Short term gainz.

If game was permanently locked vanilla human inno is the pro cleric.
The mask pre nerf is so elite.