PDA

View Full Version : Green Launch Population?

btravis1990
10-10-2019, 12:59 PM
So I am curious,

right now on primetime Blue is around 1k-1.5k people on..

what do you all guess Green will be?

I have been reading where people are saying there is going to be "thousands" of people fighting over mobs in EVERY newbie zone. I do not expect it to be like WOW classic... but wanted others opinions ..

I am finding that hard to believe, I am sure it will be populated but that seems like a exaggeration..

thoughts?

BlackBellamy
10-10-2019, 01:05 PM
I'm not answering SHIT unless I see a poll on top!

Deathrydar
10-10-2019, 01:06 PM
This is just an opinion because no one knows for sure:

But I believe we will be looking at around 2k for launch day and that weekend. After that, I believe 500-600 of those will drop off because they only logged on to see the launch and then another 200 will leave due to green being too hard and they will go back to their EZ-Cubby hole on blue.

All in all, launch day will be nuts but it will die. Green isn't going to be for everyone, including a lot of players currently playing on Blue! But I strongly doubt there will 4k players online.

Tr4c3r
10-10-2019, 01:12 PM
I think people are lowballing things... Yes the highest population on blue has been 2000+, but players have been trickling in and out of blue for years. Now many of the people who have played blue throughout the years are going to play at the same time. I'm expecting 5000+

btravis1990
10-10-2019, 01:13 PM
I'm not answering SHIT unless I see a poll on top!

uhhh... how do I add a poll..lmao (forum newb)

Ferahgo
10-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Assuming it will start off high and then slowly drop. I don't assume so many people will be willing to start over from Blue.

zaneosak
10-10-2019, 01:56 PM
The P99 Staff said they were expecting 3k+, I believe.

El-Hefe
10-10-2019, 02:17 PM
I think we’ll be looking at 3k.

Only the curmudgeonliest raiders and Tunnelquesters will stay in Blue. Green will be where all the new and returning players will be playing after it launches, population will dip before each expansion and when the server is nearing the end of its life cycle. But the cyclical nature of the server will keep things from getting stale and the economy from going to complete shit like blue so I think interest will stay higher in general.

Fammaden
10-10-2019, 02:21 PM
TEN. THOUSAND. PLAYERS.

Then in a month it will be a 300 man ghost town and blue will be like 500 to 1k primetime.

Tist
10-10-2019, 02:35 PM
I am thinking 5-10k at a minimum.

Graventhel
10-10-2019, 02:40 PM
TEN. THOUSAND. PLAYERS.

Really? Are you just going to walk right passed an opportunity to say, "OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!"?

Are you even from the internet?

Barantor
10-10-2019, 02:42 PM
I think it will depend on what happens outside of this community within the next two weeks.

More Kotaku and Massively articles or the like? Yeah I would say higher than 2K, maybe as much as 5k.

Hardly any coverage outside the emulation or EQ scene? Yeah around 2K probably.

Deathrydar
10-10-2019, 02:47 PM
I think it will depend on what happens outside of this community within the next two weeks.

More Kotaku and Massively articles or the like? Yeah I would say higher than 2K, maybe as much as 5k.

I really hope it isn't that bad! One P99 server cannot handle that many players. We only have a few zones in classic.

Vizax_Xaziv
10-10-2019, 02:50 PM
This is just an opinion because no one knows for sure:

But I believe we will be looking at around 2k for launch day and that weekend. After that, I believe 500-600 of those will drop off because they only logged on to see the launch and then another 200 will leave due to green being too hard and they will go back to their EZ-Cubby hole on blue.

All in all, launch day will be nuts but it will die. Green isn't going to be for everyone, including a lot of players currently playing on Blue! But I strongly doubt there will 4k players online.

Waaayyyy too low. We've seen north of 2k on Blue before. I expect the vast majority of blue players are gonna go Green to experience the launch weekend at the very least. This is as much of an EVENT as it is an actual fresh P99 server and no longtime P99 players will wanna be left out.

My guess is that we break the 4k mark on launch weekend with the average daily pop settling in around 1500-2000 for the servers lifespan.

Many many former players are returning for a fresh start that actually FEELS like Classic EQ. Players who left as a 6-year Kunark turned Blue into the overly-twinked, pocket-cleric-epic-in-every-group abomination it's become today!

BlackBellamy
10-10-2019, 02:53 PM
uhhh... how do I add a poll..lmao (forum newb)

Look in the upper right, the blue line, click on "Thread Tools", then select "Add a Poll to this Thread"

Vizax_Xaziv
10-10-2019, 02:53 PM

Not to mention the Twitch Streamers who've been taking about G99, some of whom have a solid 2k avg viewership

Deathrydar
10-10-2019, 02:56 PM
I hope all of ya'll that are predicting all of these players are wrong. You are aware that the game will be completely, 100% unplayable with that many players online? Not even groups would be able to survive.

Barantor
10-10-2019, 03:02 PM
Not to mention the Twitch Streamers who've been taking about G99, some of whom have a solid 2k avg viewership

Yeah if someone who normally gets several thousand viewers daily and also likes EQ like Cohhcarnage were to play or even talk about it then the server could see some immense strain.

We'll see what happens, it'll be a neat chaotic mess to see for sure.

Deathrydar
10-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Yeah if someone who normally gets several thousand viewers daily and also likes EQ like Cohhcarnage were to play or even talk about it then the server could see some immense strain.

We'll see what happens, it'll be a neat chaotic mess to see for sure.

We are talking about people that watch other people play video games. Those people are not going to even be smart enough to find a version of titanium and then perform the install.

They watch other people play video games.....it's asinine!

Verityn
10-10-2019, 03:10 PM
I think people are lowballing things... Yes the highest population on blue has been 2000+, but players have been trickling in and out of blue for years. Now many of the people who have played blue throughout the years are going to play at the same time. I'm expecting 5000+

That's me at least. For the past several years I've been just logging into blue to run around and hear the midi music. As soon as green launches I'll be on every day.

Baler
10-10-2019, 03:18 PM
Tourists will push the pop up...
oh btw

Tell people about Project 1999 Green server.

El-Hefe
10-10-2019, 03:19 PM
We are talking about people that watch other people play video games. Those people are not going to even be smart enough to find a version of titanium and then perform the install.

They watch other people play video games.....it's asinine!

Yikes. :rolleyes:

btravis1990
10-10-2019, 03:19 PM
Look in the upper right, the blue line, click on "Thread Tools", then select "Add a Poll to this Thread"

Done!

Verityn
10-10-2019, 03:25 PM
Also, this is reminding me of when I joined the first team pvp server where another one had to be created right away. I logged in as a troll and I could not move because it was just wall to wall trolls for about a minute before it crashed.

Gustoo
10-10-2019, 03:29 PM
If we get 5 to 10k into green its going to be nutsack.

Jimjam
10-10-2019, 03:30 PM
1999 people, obviously.

aaezil
10-10-2019, 03:38 PM
2kish

People saying 5k be trippin dawg

Fammaden
10-10-2019, 04:39 PM
I don't see 1500 online anymore really, its more like 1kish most nights. I do a /who all count every once in a while out of curiosity and maybe 1200 sometimes on EST primetime but more often like 800-1k.

Earlier this year when the population spiked from the streamers/pantheon/WoWC hype, we were only hitting what 2kish? Not sure there's going to be a lot more than 3k on personally, and even that I expect to die off fast. First after the opening weekend, then the first week, by month two I'd expect a sample of what the vanilla pop will be like longer term.

Kunark launch will likely boost numbers for the remainder of the timeline though.

Videri
10-10-2019, 05:09 PM
I think we’ll be looking at 3k.

I agree.

Only the curmudgeonliest raiders and Tunnelquesters will stay in Blue.

I'm not so sure of this. I expect a high proportion of current Blue players will stay True to Blue. In <Castle>, we did a poll and over half of the 39 respondents didn't want to leave Blue. I often see level 40s say stuff like "But what about all my progress?"

El-Hefe
10-10-2019, 07:04 PM
I agree.

I'm not so sure of this. I expect a high proportion of current Blue players will stay True to Blue. In <Castle>, we did a poll and over half of the 39 respondents didn't want to leave Blue. I often see level 40s say stuff like "But what about all my progress?"

I mean, just going by your anecdote, if somewhere are half of the population leaves that is a absolutely huge hit to Blue. Most of the server is already a ghost town at most level ranges, split that in half and the game is mostly unplayable for a lot of classes. I see the mass migration as having a snowball effect and most of the midlevel folks on Blue that don't want to switch will change their tone when it becomes apparent which way the wind is blowing.

People are adverse to change. But eventually I think most people are going to want to try the real game and stop fooling around on the Test Server.

Kapyong
10-10-2019, 08:10 PM
I think 5K+ is realistic -

Current blue pop is steady-state on a mature server with nothing special going on.
Green will be a huge attractive EQ event at a specific time.
Green start will be much much more populous.

Also there will gamers not currently on Blue, even some who have never been on Blue, but who have heard of Green and will be starting there to capture the now famous Everquest experience.

WoW classic was yuuuuge...
How many WoW players must have heard about EQ ? Heard stories about EQ ? Heard about friends going back to try Green EQ ?

I've seen Green mentioned in various gaming places and forums, and the price of EQ Green is attractive.
I think it will be chock-a-block, server totally FULL for days.

That can be great fun when the population starts to level up and spread out and not overwhelm the zones so much, then it's almost like a public raid - enough friendlies to dominate the zone, but enough mobs to hunt relatively safely.

Being with the masses of leveling players is gunna be SOOO much fun...