PDA

View Full Version : Green Launch Hardcore Power Group

AbstractVision
10-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Hello, I'm looking for five like-minded individuals to join me for a week of neckbearding after green launches.

I will be playing around 16+ hours a day from launch on Friday until Tuesday and for 8 to 12+ hours a day after that.
Please don't comment / apply if you're not able to play hardcore for at least Friday to Tuesday.

My current strategy is the fastest I've tested and relies on starting Freeport.
That means everyone will need to be a Freeport human except for the druid/cleric.
They can start Rivervale.

I'm looking for people to fill out the following group composition.

1) Enchanter
2) Mage/Necro
3) Mage
4) Mage
5) Mage
6) Druid/Cleric

If you're interested and able to put in the time commitment please reply with your preferred class and any information you feel is relevant. I'll contact you via PM with a discord link.

Glasken
10-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Necro.

Vizax_Xaziv
10-08-2019, 11:01 PM
Dark Elven Wizard, reporting SIR!

garfo
10-08-2019, 11:04 PM
~~breaking the rules and commenting~~

El-Hefe
10-08-2019, 11:26 PM
Yikes

Fuzzhead93
10-09-2019, 12:34 AM
What time zone? I'm doing DE Cleric most likely and probably same schedule pacific time

zaneosak
10-09-2019, 08:53 AM
People doing the speed running are going to potentially be disappointed with the amount of people disrupting their progress, the only hope is to get 2 levels ahead of the pack where people will leave you alone.... if enough people get ahead of the pack it will just be the same thing in the next zones (fp->ec->nro/wc->oasis)

If you can be the first group in Befallen though -- I think you are on to something, get your keys, go deep as your level allows and just sit and XP, even with the respawn time the massive ZEM in there is probably worth just sitting and not fighting over mobs in oasis.

I also think freeport starting is smart for the next tier of zones too. Upper Guk is such a better dungeon than Unrest and I never understood its lack of players except for the main 3 camps. There is tons of mobs available in that zone that are just underused levels 12 all the way to the high 20s. It has better ZEM. The only downside is if you have to zone, getting out is hard. Every time I went to Unrest to level and it was uber crowded I would go over to Guk and there was maybe 1 group low level at scryer and maybe a high level group at LGuk zone-line, always seemed like a waste.

sciception
10-09-2019, 08:55 AM
Which one of those paper tanks is pulling?

Shrubwise
10-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Yikes

zaneosak
10-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Which one of those paper tanks is pulling?

Highly likely will just send 4 pets into a room and deal with all mobs, resummon pets that get low hp and having enchanter as a fail safe to mez if necessary. I see this as a dungeon crawling group (which doesnt exist in the camping system when population is high). If they get far enough ahead of the pack they can actually crawl around dungeons that are empty. Big IF though. The mob competition in the newbie zones will be hilarious.

Jlpstrtkng
10-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Holy autism

sciception
10-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Highly likely will just send 4 pets into a room and deal with all mobs, resummon pets that get low hp and having enchanter as a fail safe to mez if necessary. I see this as a dungeon crawling group (which doesnt exist in the camping system when population is high). If they get far enough ahead of the pack they can actually crawl around dungeons that are empty. Big IF though. The mob competition in the newbie zones will be hilarious.

Yeah, with no Sharding, Mages not getting pets until 4 and EQ's original mitigation system this may or may not work.

AbstractVision
10-09-2019, 09:33 AM
For those that wanted to start dark elf, the strategy will not work as you need to be factioned sorry. Freeport Human or Halfling only.

If you're worried about the mage pets ability to tank, no need. I've already tested this with another group that doesn't have the time available that I do. They will be using the same strategy but more casual and with a different initial camp/dungeon in mind so we don't step on each others toes.

sciception
10-09-2019, 09:46 AM
Eh, a lot of what you are doing is what we had planned as well, so I am not knocking the idea. We currently have a Halfling Cleric and myself. I was going to play a hybrid tank of some sort, but if you would be okay with a Melee puller of some sort (I am assuming you simply don't want to XP penanlty), we could probably join forces. We are also no-lifers. Let me know.

sciception
10-09-2019, 09:50 AM
I could do Monk or Warrior instead NP.

Fammaden
10-09-2019, 09:52 AM
I'd totally be down but I'm planning to play a minimum of 20 hours a day for ten days straight, so I'd just out level you casuals too fast. Good luck though.

sciception
10-09-2019, 09:53 AM
I need 6 or 7 hrs of beauty sleep myself, it's hard being this damn handsome all the time.

eddyystop1999
10-09-2019, 10:01 AM
I'm planning to hardcore green. I would prefer being a halfing cleric but I'm flexible. I played a cleric on EQ release and was one of the first 50s, so I understand what's required.

momotion
10-09-2019, 10:01 AM
I interested in power duo/trio mostly , i got 60 dru 60 clr 60 shm 60 brd 60 enc 60 nec 60 mnk 60 rog 55 mag 51 war on blue (thx to chardok xp),, will surely looking for decent friends to make gains/xp while having fun , duo/trio for better xp , pst in private if u interested (not playing 20h a day ),,

Tecmos Deception
10-09-2019, 10:03 AM
If they get far enough ahead of the pack they can actually crawl around dungeons that are empty. Big IF though. The mob competition in the newbie zones will be hilarious.

Right. A full premade group playing 16 hours per day is going to stay stuck right at the same level as all the people who are only playing a few hours a day. :rolleyes:

A bunch of fire pets and some heals/runes probably will let this group kill reds at level 1. They won't even stay in the newbie zone. They'll move to the next one immediately, return to train meditate (err, do you even need to train it? I forget), pick up essential spells for their strategy and nothing else, etc. A druid eventually can bind where they are, port away with all the loot to sell, pick up new spells for everyone as needed, and gate back without the pet classes ever stopping. Etc.

dekova
10-09-2019, 10:05 AM
You're all casuals.

I've hired a team of 18 professional Chinese gamers to run my 6 man group in shifts.

sciception
10-09-2019, 10:10 AM
Right. A full premade group playing 16 hours per day is going to stay stuck right at the same level as all the people who are only playing a few hours a day. :rolleyes:

A bunch of fire pets and some heals/runes probably will let this group kill reds at level 1. They won't even stay in the newbie zone. They'll move to the next one immediately, return to train meditate (err, do you even need to train it? I forget), pick up essential spells for their strategy and nothing else, etc. A druid eventually can bind where they are, port away with all the loot to sell, pick up new spells for everyone as needed, and gate back without the pet classes ever stopping. Etc.

What part of not getting pets until level 4 didn't you understand?

Baler
10-09-2019, 10:24 AM
I imagine this group will last 1 day. then someone will just power through and leave the group behind.

zaneosak
10-09-2019, 10:37 AM

I mean, that all sounds dandy, if fire pets were available at level 1. If they all get quickly to 4, they can get ahead of the pack. all I was saying is if the predicted number of players that the staff is saying is going to be playing, it's going to be a crap shoot. I am assuming the KSing in the newbie zones will be a fun spectacle 1-4. Playing alot of time in a bottleneck has potential to amount to alot less progress than you think.

Tecmos Deception
10-09-2019, 11:04 AM
What part of not getting pets until level 4 didn't you understand?

Eh, my bad. Shows how much time I've spent on mages. I think the jist of what I said would hold true though. Multiple people have basically said "lol this group won't work cause you'll be stuck with everyone else fighting for mobs" and it's pretty clear that a preplanned group that plays 16 hours a day will not stay stuck with the pack for long.

newbie zones

I'd be absolutely astounded if preplanned, hardcore leveling groups are going to be fighting over mobs in wfp, efp, nek, etc.

aaezil
10-09-2019, 11:12 AM
You should really consider employment and a life outside your video game before attempting this.

Have a nice day!

Dolalin
10-09-2019, 12:17 PM
To be fair, he could have a job and just be taking a week holiday. If I were still single and childless I might consider it...

Fammaden
10-09-2019, 12:20 PM
I imagine this group will last 1 day. then someone will just power through and leave the group behind.

Just seems like if you have to come to the boards to recruit the members for something like this, you're probably off to a bad start already.

sciception
10-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Eh, I want to do this also, just been screwing around on TLPs for so long I can't remember what email / account I used when I played p99.

sciception
10-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Think this will be my 7th or 8th re-launch, but I expect this one to be much more challenging and more of a marathon than a sprint.

Fuzzhead93
10-09-2019, 01:11 PM
There are plenty of ways to get to level 4 without killing anything, especially in freeport :) I see it as spamming quests for 2-3 hours and then moving straight to befallen at level 4 with pets

Gozuk
10-09-2019, 01:11 PM
I will be playing around 16+ hours a day

RIP to your chair

Aaramis
10-09-2019, 01:25 PM
There are plenty of ways to get to level 4 without killing anything, especially in freeport :) I see it as spamming quests for 2-3 hours and then moving straight to befallen at level 4 with pets

If thinking Bard mail quests, think again. Just a heads up.

sciception
10-09-2019, 01:31 PM

Yeah, I considered this also, but befallen has room for 1 group per floor. I think we are talking about 1000's of Dark Elves and Freeport Humans fighting over those camps. Guess we will see.

Lojik
10-09-2019, 01:47 PM
If he's planning on sinking 50 hours in over launch weekend then he's probably done a lot of testing and considered possible contingencies. I can't devote that kind of time but I'm sure he'll find people. Good luck on your manastone quest.

zaneosak
10-09-2019, 02:50 PM

I don't think I know of any. I mean there is plenty of turn in quests that you can expedite your levels to 4 but they still require you to kill easy lvl 1 mobs. Even the Ale and Muffins quests you still need to kill to get the copper to buy the items for the turn in. In Gfay there is the postman quests but I think those got removed.

AbstractVision
10-09-2019, 02:51 PM
I've got a couple people on board now. Tecmos, you definitely understand the bigger picture, let me know if you're interested.

I have two businesses and work from home. I've arranged it so that I will not be needed for launch week.

I have friends in another group that I've been testing with since the announcement for green. We have made groups in each starting zone and found which one worked the best.
They are not willing to commit the time that I am, hence I'm looking for people like me.
They are taking an alternate camp/dungeon progression.

I've done the research and I know which quests are classic and which are not.

soronil
10-09-2019, 03:16 PM
I don't think I know of any.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Rivervale#What.27s_in_this_zone.3F

zaneosak
10-09-2019, 04:11 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Rivervale#What.27s_in_this_zone.3F

Yeah I knew about some of them but wasnt aware of Freeport ones. I went and did a little wiki searching and a few tests. Definitely possible, but seems like it would die down after a level or two, but if they tested it might be worth it timewise. There is 3 quests alone in the Rogue Guild that are simply travel to freeport west/north and turn back in. At level 1 all 3 of them netted me 40% of the level.... you could probably do the fastest one over and over (like 18% at lvl 1) until level 2 in 15 minutes with zoning and travel time. I am sure a combination of a bunch of those quests would work for the crazy people :)

uygi
10-09-2019, 04:24 PM
You guys gonna mow down the Freeport Militia? Man those fuckers are nice XP.

soronil
10-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Yeah I knew about some of them but wasnt aware of Freeport ones. I went and did a little wiki searching and a few tests. Definitely possible, but seems like it would die down after a level or two, but if they tested it might be worth it timewise. There is 3 quests alone in the Rogue Guild that are simply travel to freeport west/north and turn back in. At level 1 all 3 of them netted me 40% of the level.... you could probably do the fastest one over and over (like 18% at lvl 1) until level 2 in 15 minutes with zoning and travel time. I am sure a combination of a bunch of those quests would work for the crazy people :)

I think you are missing the point. Non-evil humans can run to rivervale and do certain quests there that are faster than killing mobs all the way to level 5 or so.

zaneosak
10-09-2019, 04:29 PM
I think you are missing the point. Non-evil humans can run to rivervale and do certain quests there that are faster than killing mobs all the way to level 5 or so.

Sounds fun

Tecmos Deception
10-09-2019, 05:02 PM
Tecmos, you definitely understand the bigger picture, let me know if you're interested.

For better or worse, I don't have the time for something like this :)

Good luck though.

Bebo
10-09-2019, 06:24 PM
North ro, to Oasis, to Upperguk, and than Lower Guk is a good strat...seems a lot of speed leveler groups will be following some version of this path. I can see Befallen being substituted for the lower levels with the zem.

sciception
10-09-2019, 06:31 PM
BEBO! My favorite Cleric has a good plan, probably one you already had though. You could make this work for sure, but I'd still consider having 1 Melee in lieu of the 4th Mage.

AbstractVision
10-09-2019, 06:35 PM
Having one melee means constantly healing them where with pets we can simply reclaim energy to get the mana back and resummon or worst case chain summon.

sciception
10-09-2019, 06:48 PM
Having one melee means constantly healing them where with pets we can simply reclaim energy to get the mana back and resummon or worst case chain summon.

Eh, a good puller isn't going to stick around and get beat on. If no one is taking damage, or concerned about it, you could probably drop the healer and Enchanter for two more mages. No reason to heal a pet when it's just a Malachite and if you are just pet DPSing stuff the Enchanter is just going to be leaching as well. I am not be facetious, just tossing around ideas. GL guys.

Gustoo
10-09-2019, 06:49 PM
Y'all gonna be able to buy your higher level pets to keep cruising?

But yeah you can pretty much do 1 enchy and 5 mages.
Enchy pulls

sciception
10-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Okay, I'm down for whatever roll.

Vexenu
10-09-2019, 09:51 PM
Yeah if you're going to do 4 Mages you might as well make it 5. The Cleric won't be doing much, and with 5 Mage pets and an Enchanter you can basically just steamroll everything. I had a 5 Mage Sebilis group once and it was just ridiculous. And that was without a Chanter to back us up, and with stronger Kunark mobs and weaker relative 50+ pets. 5 Mages in Classic with a Chanter to feed them Clarity and CC for them will run roughshod over all groupable content. There will be no need for a Cleric because everything will be dying so fast, and when one pet dies there are four more to take agro while the Mage just re-summons another one for 200 mana. And if you get 5 air pets the mobs will basically be basically stunlocked the entire time and doing no damage anyway.

sciception
10-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Yeah, but I'd be willing to play Enchanter and give the Cleric something to do =) Hell I'll add the DPS of two mage pets the second I get Charm at 12.
Anything is fine though, you already have my Cleric friend in group so I will fill whatever roll.

NachtMystium
10-09-2019, 10:22 PM
Green has awoken uncharted levels of autism, be prepared. This is only the beginning.

cd288
10-09-2019, 11:45 PM
Idk, to each their own I suppose, but this just doesn’t sound very fun. Cheesing mage pet mechanics from 4-50 sounds extremely boring. Having to stick to a specific step by step plan sounds pretty rigid and boring as well.

I’m looking forward to playing a class I haven’t played before. Grinding up from nothing. Making long trips to complete quests and/or kill mobs for certain gear drops. As such, this group idea sounds like something that couldn’t be less fun.

Lojik
10-10-2019, 12:03 AM
There were some posts about only 4 pets being able to attack at a time on a bug thread I think, so maybe they want to keep it to 4 mages just in case? IDK.

Widan
10-10-2019, 02:32 AM

The wiki is wrong on Jillin's Stew it has been severely nerfed. It's hundreds of turnins just for 2-3. I gave up testing after that. I don't see how anyone could get to level 5. 4 may be doable after many hours.

AbstractVision
10-10-2019, 06:17 AM
There were some posts about only 4 pets being able to attack at a time on a bug thread I think, so maybe they want to keep it to 4 mages just in case? IDK.

This is a real possibility as there was solid evidence presented. I wouldn't be surprised to find it in on green to curb mage armies.

The reason for the cleric/druid is for utility, the pets are able to tank and spank bigger mobs with cleric buffs and heals. The added dps from one more pet doesn't really matter when we will be throwing nukes/stuns anyways. Once cleric gets rez it saves us downtime on the enchanter who will probably die a couple times and god forbid we get trained (because no one would purposely do that on green right? ) the cleric can double DA and survive to get the group rolling again. Also if we have double death penalties for the first 4 months as is classic, deaths will be brutal.

If we ended up with a druid, its port utility later on when the people who rush start catching up to each other and gives our backup plans more viability. Evac is nice, but we all have gate anyways. The druid can charm certain pets as well through mid game for a 6 pet group.

TL;DR One more mage could be useful, it could also be pointless. Cleric/druid is useful utility all the way.

Still looking for a few more people able to put in a serious time commitment. We're only two weeks away. Just having a group that is willing to put in this kind of time is going to be a huge advantage. Feel free to send a PM if you'd rather not post here.

DMN
10-10-2019, 06:34 AM
Assuming everyone knows their classes.
bard
mage
mage
mage
mage
druid

One or two of the mages could easily be switched for a necro, but the necro pet will almost always end up tanking then, and tanking isn't their strong suit.

stewe
10-10-2019, 07:08 AM
This sounds boring but to each their own, what are you planning on doing once you are max level and waiting for new content, specially seeing as uber loot camps will have a list so it isnt like you can lock down manastones for long seeing as there are probably tons of groups that are going to be doing this same thing rushing

zaneosak
10-10-2019, 08:14 AM
The wiki is wrong on Jillin's Stew it has been severely nerfed. It's hundreds of turnins just for 2-3. I gave up testing after that. I don't see how anyone could get to level 5. 4 may be doable after many hours.

I tested this last night (actually a bunch of Rivervale quests, there could easily be one not on the wiki that will be utilized??)

The Deputy Tagil quest is about 10% at level 2, I didn't bother getting to level 3 because I know the drop off will be severe. There could be others I didn't try. Can confirm the stew quest drops to 2% per turn in at lvl 2, and the carrot quest drops to 4% per turn in at level 2.

The only thing I found interesting is the Deputy Tagil quest gave me a 1pp vendor potion for one of my 4 turn ins. Not a bad way to get a few starting plat if you get lucky....

There are other quests in Rivervale that take you to Misty Thicket, one of them unfortunately requires a Deputy at the misty thicket wall to be spawned and it has a 50/50 chance to pop, so if the server spawns with the wrong one you are waiting until a 30 necro comes in to farm spears.

Fammaden
10-10-2019, 08:21 AM
The only thing I found interesting is the Deputy Tagil quest gave me a 1pp vendor potion for one of my 4 turn ins. Not a bad way to get a few starting plat if you get lucky....

I tried this and had much worse luck, I repeated that quest and only did that quest until about halfway through level two and got exactly one potion. So it seems like its maybe 1 in ten chance at absolute best. Still its nice to get some spell or weapon money and the fishing poles aren't terrible vendor fodder when you get them. Plus you mostly get carrots so can turn those in too I guess? Its a safe and fast way to get to two at least and maybe get a plat.

Should also be noted though that you need amiable for it so can only do it as a druid. Probably only halfling druid, but I didn't try with another race.

soronil
10-10-2019, 09:35 AM

ugh. I really thought you guys could figure it out given a list of 20 quests, most of which are obviously not it. Too lazy I guess.

Say something to reebo. Get an item. give reebo item back, get exp. You can do this in 3.5 seconds. You can reach level five in an hour or so.

skorge
10-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Yeah if you're going to do 4 Mages you might as well make it 5. The Cleric won't be doing much, and with 5 Mage pets and an Enchanter you can basically just steamroll everything. I had a 5 Mage Sebilis group once and it was just ridiculous. And that was without a Chanter to back us up, and with stronger Kunark mobs and weaker relative 50+ pets. 5 Mages in Classic with a Chanter to feed them Clarity and CC for them will run roughshod over all groupable content. There will be no need for a Cleric because everything will be dying so fast, and when one pet dies there are four more to take agro while the Mage just re-summons another one for 200 mana. And if you get 5 air pets the mobs will basically be basically stunlocked the entire time and doing no damage anyway.

Listen. This is the reason Green needs to launch with pets not having abilities, lol...people getting mad about this straight up fact, that pets did not possess ability at launch. The reality is none of you actually played magicians at launch of EQ in April of 1999 to know this. So you have no clue just how bad mage pets were at launch. They sucked balls. They weren't even pets in game post 20 until a couple months in.

Verant knew pets were OP at lower levels. It wasn't until 2-3 months in that they gave them spells. There is proof from Brad himself stating this. I have made another thread about this. Most people don't want to accept it as they plan to play thinking their pets are OP in vanilla.

If you want to play a true OP class pick necro. Their pets were better than mage pets if you gave them 2 daggers.

cd288
10-10-2019, 10:03 AM
Most people don't want to accept it as they plan to play thinking their pets are OP in vanilla.

If you want to play a true OP class pick necro. Their pets were better than mage pets if you gave them 2 daggers.

Except they will be OP, because Mage pets will have abilities from launch and there will be pets past level 20. So it's not some sort of mistaken "thinking" on the part of the players.

Further, there are multiple things like this that didn't exist at launch in 1999 simply due to lack of development resources and/or bugs. There's no reason to replicate something like that as of Green launch.

skorge
10-10-2019, 10:11 AM
Except they will be OP, because Mage pets will have abilities from launch and there will be pets past level 20. So it's not some sort of mistaken "thinking" on the part of the players.

Further, there are multiple things like this that didn't exist at launch in 1999 simply due to lack of development resources and/or bugs. There's no reason to replicate something like that as of Green launch.

Problem with your statement is that pet spells were considered "enhancement to the class" by Brad himself...you know the guy who created Everquest? Meaning that these were not a bug or lack of development resources. See bold in quote below. At the time they only wanted higher pets to cast spells apparently. So, no, not a bug bro.

Magicians
+ New summon item spells
- High Level (39+) Pets weakened
+ Better mid+ level pets (they cast spells now)
+ Added more Class Specific Quests
+ Added more Class Specific Items
+ Enhanced High Level (35+) Meditation
+ Magician Pet Buff Spells Strengthened
+ Enhanced Pet Pathing
+ Added Special Items to let Magicians Summon Stronger Pets
+ Corrected Bug that let monsters attack you from far distances
through your pet
+ Made Magician Research Easier - especially for their pets
+ Added Spell Effects to most Magician Summoned Items
+ Enhanced AoE Spells to let Magicians effect more creatures
+ Reduced Mana Cost of Damage Shields
+ Reduced Casting Time of Ward Series
+ Made the Malise Series Stack Better
+ Made the Burnout Series Better

-Brad

Gustoo
10-10-2019, 10:21 AM
Yeah this is all legit above.

Necros were mega OP in original game with charm and pets that fully worked.

DMN
10-10-2019, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately a lot of upper level necro pets are research only. And you probably aren't going to get the pages for them anyway, lot alone succeed a combine.

cd288
10-10-2019, 10:32 AM
Problem with your statement is that pet spells were considered "enhancement to the class" by Brad himself...you know the guy who created Everquest? Meaning that these were not a bug or lack of development resources. See bold in quote below. At the time they only wanted higher pets to cast spells apparently. So, no, not a bug bro.

I don't see a reason why you would revert on something that was fixed because it was really poorly designed. The changes were made because they designed things poorly and realized they'd messed up. If they'd known that at launch, they would have implemented at launch. Reverting things back to poor design at launch that made a class practicably unplayable past a certain level is a really pointless exercise to do "just because", "bro".

You would think someone who acts so knowledgeable about EQ would realize that mobs can be voice grafted and not run to Befallen and spread the word that the GM event is below level 10 only.

Gustoo
10-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Same argument could be made for UI "fixes" like permanent compass that always shows what direction your going once sense heading is maxed.

Pet window...a billion other quality of life fixes.

Its going to come down to how classic they're trying to make it. A lot of classic is painful.

zaneosak
10-10-2019, 11:19 AM
ugh. I really thought you guys could figure it out given a list of 20 quests, most of which are obviously not it. Too lazy I guess.

Say something to reebo. Get an item. give reebo item back, get exp. You can do this in 3.5 seconds. You can reach level five in an hour or so.

If you are talking about the carrot quest it takes like 10-20 seconds per completion of both turn-in's. Just hail Reebo to get him to stop moving. At level 1 this quest is 1 yellow for the whole cycle --- Reebo carrot give to bartender, give rotten carrot back to Reebo (20% xp @ lvl 1) it drops to 4% XP at lvl 2. If there is a floor to the drop (4% a pop) then yeah you could get lvl 5 in like 90 minutes but I would assume level 3 would drop the XP to around 1% given Values to ding. Maybe Druids get a penalty for making a profit off of carrots that come their cherished earth. I could check and confirm but I would bet anything the carrot quest nose dives once you hit 3.

I did notice alot of rogues only quests in the Fool's Gold that require you to move like almsot no distance to complete as well, I didn't mess with them though.

Jadian
10-10-2019, 11:25 AM
If you are talking about the carrot quest it takes like 10-20 seconds per completion of both turn-in's. Just hail Reebo to get him to stop moving. At level 1 this quest is 1 yellow for the whole cycle --- Reebo carrot give to bartender, give rotten carrot back to Reebo (20% xp @ lvl 1) it drops to 4% XP at lvl 2. If there is a floor to the drop (4% a pop) then yeah you could get lvl 5 in like 90 minutes but I would assume level 3 would drop the XP to around 1% given Values to ding. Maybe Druids get a penalty for making a profit off of carrots that come their cherished earth. I could check and confirm but I would bet anything the carrot quest nose dives once you hit 3.

I did notice alot of rogues only quests in the Fool's Gold that require you to move like almsot no distance to complete as well, I didn't mess with them though.

Hint: You don't do the whole cycle.

AbstractVision
10-10-2019, 11:32 AM
Still looking for a couple more mage players. Group is looking solid.

soronil
10-10-2019, 12:45 PM

Give it up dude. If you can't provide sufficient proof, and no one has provided sufficient proof in the last TEN YEARS with regards to the state of magicians at launch, including what were the changes and when they were made, you're beating a dead horse.

Wanting magicians to be weak at launch does not make it so. They will be OP.

Ashenden
10-10-2019, 12:45 PM

That covers reaching level 4 on Mages, but what quest gets you your pet spell money?

Dolalin
10-10-2019, 01:06 PM
I might give this a go. I'm feeling challenged.

zaneosak
10-10-2019, 01:40 PM
Hint: You don't do the whole cycle.

I see what you are saying -- well in theory. Just get rotten crate of carrots and hand it right back into Reebo. Then either destroy the good grate (or keep it since lore) and keep turning into Reebo. At lvl 2 the Reebo part of the turn in is 1.5% XP ..... you'd have to turn it in 40 times to get to lvl 3.

I can see maybe doing it to level 3, maybe, but after that it sure seems like it would take awhile... but I guess better than killing mobs in the newbie yard?

Fammaden
10-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Quest, not doing whole cycle, falls of a cliff badly at level 3. I understand if there's like nothing to kill and hundreds in the newb yard but man, I'm trying to play a game not spam carrot crate for 1/5th of a blue. Not to mention you aren't getting shit for plat, items, or skill ups for five levels this way. It is pretty brisk for one and two though.

Plus I just made a halfling to log right in and spam the macro, not having to run a naked 1 human to Rivervale to do it instead of camping a single skele spawn outside Freeport.

Modus
10-10-2019, 02:28 PM
Please be sure to post your in-game names so the greater community can follow along in amusement.

PS: Can you fit me into your group?? Half-Elf Mithaniel Marr Paladin

Ashenden
10-10-2019, 02:28 PM
It takes like 10 more minutes of clicking to get to level 4, faster for a Mage than running to exp mobs and finding enough of them. Me testing it out a couple of hours ago:

[Thu Oct 10 09:30:28 2019] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 3!
[Thu Oct 10 09:40:37 2019] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 4!

skorge
10-10-2019, 05:11 PM
May want to rethink going mage. Proof finally uncovered that mage pets did NOT cast spells until the end of May 1999. Also pets post 20 were not in game around then (research only): https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2981049&posted=1#post2981049

zaneosak
10-10-2019, 05:28 PM
It takes like 10 more minutes of clicking to get to level 4, faster for a Mage than running to exp mobs and finding enough of them. Me testing it out a couple of hours ago:

[Thu Oct 10 09:30:28 2019] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 3!
[Thu Oct 10 09:40:37 2019] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 4!

Yeah I underestimated the spam clicking.... if you macro in a /hail so this little shit doesn't run around you can legit spam the macro and spam click him and move your "give" window to your cursor and go forever. Lvl 4 is quick, about 15 minutes lvl 1 to 4. Of course you have 0 pp for spells, but easy enough to get enough for the 1 pet you'll need, you don't need any of the other spells.

soronil
10-10-2019, 09:12 PM
May want to rethink going mage. Proof finally uncovered that mage pets did NOT cast spells until the end of May 1999. Also pets post 20 were not in game around then (research only): https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2981049&posted=1#post2981049

1. So where is the bug report you filed?
2. So you think that with all the shit they've got to do in the 2 weeks before green, they are going to drop what they are doing and change this?
3. Where have you been with this shit for the last 10 years they've been working on this.

Give up.

soronil
10-10-2019, 09:13 PM
That covers reaching level 4 on Mages, but what quest gets you your pet spell money?

Deputy whoever's debt.

Why do you need to be spoonfed?

zaneosak
10-10-2019, 09:17 PM
Deputy whoever's debt.

Debt ground quest is rogue only. The other one in Misty isn't gonna guarantee you much. Could take several turn ins to make any kind of money though. Only 12 copper gauranteed, if you're lucky enough to get a potion though you're good for 1 spell, as stated above.

Wallicker
10-10-2019, 09:23 PM
Fastest leveling group is a few magicians rushing to 16 and socking HHK til 50 maybe a bard to run them places and buy spells for them

Ashenden
10-10-2019, 09:41 PM
Deputy whoever's debt.

That was the first time I've ever even posted in this thread. I did 10 Deputy runs as soon as I hit level 4 on my test character before I posted here and it's pretty unimpressive compared to Qeynos.

Fammaden
10-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Debt ground quest is rogue only. The other one in Misty isn't gonna guarantee you much. Could take several turn ins to make any kind of money though. Only 12 copper gauranteed, if you're lucky enough to get a potion though you're good for 1 spell, as stated above.

Druid only. You have to be amiable to the quest giver for Tagil's Debt, who is a druid trainer. Seemed to me like only druid starts with that kinda faction. Maybe not even non-halfling druids, but quest was definitely not offered to halfling warrior.

sciception
10-11-2019, 05:27 AM
That was the first time I've ever even posted in this thread. I did 10 Deputy runs as soon as I hit level 4 on my test character before I posted here and it's pretty unimpressive compared to Qeynos.

Huh, what's the money quest in Qeynos?

sciception
10-11-2019, 05:28 AM

Hinge
10-11-2019, 06:01 AM
I'm down for powerleveling a Mage with you and your group on day one.

I took the entire week after launch off, even though i also work from home.

Send me a link.

I've been practicing newbie quests all over the map the last few weeks in anticipation of this.

soronil
10-11-2019, 07:24 AM

The best you can do in qeynos is like 7s a minute which isn't gonna cut it for spells.

soronil
10-11-2019, 07:44 AM

People have obviously been testing this over and over for weeks and know it works. You do the money quest first when it's similar in exp at level 1. As soon as you have enough gold you swap. Most classes only need at most ~1 plat for level 4.

I don't think it's the best start, it's not my start. But it's better than the newbie yard i am 100% sure.

skorge
10-11-2019, 07:52 AM
1. So where is the bug report you filed?
2. So you think that with all the shit they've got to do in the 2 weeks before green, they are going to drop what they are doing and change this?
3. Where have you been with this shit for the last 10 years they've been working on this.

Give up.

1. https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335869 (and yes the staff knows about this now)

2. It sucks you don't have any faith in P99's staff

3. Why is this question even relevant? First of all, this is a change that only applies to a specific small time of EQ's lifespan. I missed P99's first launch as I joined in 2010. I then took a 5-6 year break all together from P99. Just came back after the news about Green and am here now posting as it is now relevant to the project. There's your answer.

Deathrydar
10-11-2019, 08:01 AM
I'm all for the difficulty of classic. I don't mind things like the patches being in real time over the life of Green.

But when things like this that make a class unplayable are going to be implemented into the game, it makes me want to just create a toon on Blue and play there.

skorge
10-11-2019, 08:56 AM
I'm all for the difficulty of classic. I don't mind things like the patches being in real time over the life of Green.

But when things like this that make a class unplayable are going to be implemented into the game, it makes me want to just create a toon on Blue and play there.

How is it unplayable? I played a magician day one of launch until 24th level (2-3 months after launch). It was the only toon I played until then. I had the time of my life! I still play classic EQ (P99) to this date. The mage class was far from unplayable. It just didn't feature the now OP low level pets we have today.

If you don't like the way a class was you don't have to play that class...you can pick a different one. Necros were always known for crapping all over mages. You can read it some of the old comments on the thread i linked.

Deathrydar
10-11-2019, 09:08 AM
How is it unplayable? I played a magician day one of launch until 24th level (2-3 months after launch). It was the only toon I played until then. I had the time of my life! I still play classic EQ (P99) to this date. The mage class was far from unplayable. It just didn't feature the now OP low level pets we have today.

If you don't like the way a class was you don't have to play that class...you can pick a different one. Necros were always known for crapping all over mages. You can read it some of the old comments on the thread i linked.

Thanks!

AbstractVision
10-11-2019, 09:20 AM
Are you guys done yet? Can I have my thread back now please.

Still looking for 2 more players for mage class.

Even if there are no quests active at launch, and mage pets are nerfed, and whatever else the naysayers come up with...
We will still be far ahead of the casuals just by having one team fully committed to long long days at launch.
If you're planning on going hardcore, might as well join us.

zaneosak
10-11-2019, 09:23 AM
Are you guys done yet? Can I have my thread back now please.

Still looking for 2 more players for mage class.

I'll play only if you up it to 20 hours a day. I don't have time for casuals :)

Palemoon
10-11-2019, 01:54 PM
If all of the presented mage bug fixes go through, what is your groups back up plan?

-mage pets not casting any spells
-not duel wielding or able to equip weapons (and therefore no killing wisps/ghouls to much later)
-pets after level 20 all being research only
-pets eating 50 percent of all xp if they do majority of damage to the mob

etc?

Glasken
10-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Druid/nec/nec/nec/nec/nec

Snare + one DoT line each and quad kite reds =P

sciception
10-11-2019, 02:50 PM
If all of the presented mage bug fixes go through, what is your groups back up plan?

-mage pets not casting any spells
-not duel wielding or able to equip weapons (and therefore no killing wisps/ghouls to much later)
-pets after level 20 all being research only
-pets eating 50 percent of all xp if they do majority of damage to the mob

etc?

So you essentially want to know what people would do if they decided to make Necromancers, Mages and Enchanters worthless right?

I'm guessing that you believe the staff of p99 will cave into all the whiners on the forums. The ones who want the game to be broken and a miserable experience for certain archetypes. The losers who get excited when they find some post validating their argument to weed out the fun.

Kind of a dumb question really. When people don't enjoy playing a game, they go play something else, but GL to all the sodomites out there who are giving it their all. Here's some music to listen to while you are researching the patch notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pABtNkVvj5A

Tobius
10-11-2019, 02:56 PM
People doing the speed running are going to potentially be disappointed with the amount of people disrupting their progress, the only hope is to get 2 levels ahead of the pack where people will leave you alone.... if enough people get ahead of the pack it will just be the same thing in the next zones (fp->ec->nro/wc->oasis)

If you can be the first group in Befallen though -- I think you are on to something, get your keys, go deep as your level allows and just sit and XP, even with the respawn time the massive ZEM in there is probably worth just sitting and not fighting over mobs in oasis.

I also think freeport starting is smart for the next tier of zones too. Upper Guk is such a better dungeon than Unrest and I never understood its lack of players except for the main 3 camps. There is tons of mobs available in that zone that are just underused levels 12 all the way to the high 20s. It has better ZEM. The only downside is if you have to zone, getting out is hard. Every time I went to Unrest to level and it was uber crowded I would go over to Guk and there was maybe 1 group low level at scryer and maybe a high level group at LGuk zone-line, always seemed like a waste.

Can't speak for everyone but some don't want to murder innocent frogs who've done nothing wrong.

I'm not a role player but being a paladin and slaughtering innocents is pretty fucked.

sciception
10-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Can't speak for everyone but some don't want to murder innocent frogs who've done nothing wrong.

I'm not a role player but being a paladin and slaughtering innocents is pretty fucked.

You're just saying that because Ghoulbane is trade-able in this version.

Zalora
10-11-2019, 03:26 PM
I can't think of a less fun way to play this game.

Palemoon
10-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Druid/nec/nec/nec/nec/nec

Snare + one DoT line each and quad kite reds =P

several nec pets are research only too, and with dots not stacking it sounds worse than the mage plan.

The druid snare kiting next to the necro group will be leveling faster than them.

Palemoon
10-11-2019, 03:30 PM
So you essentially want to know what people would do if they decided to make Necromancers, Mages and Enchanters worthless right?

I'm guessing that you believe the staff of p99 will cave into all the whiners on the forums. The ones who want the game to be broken and a miserable experience for certain archetypes. The losers who get excited when they find some post validating their argument to weed out the fun.

Kind of a dumb question really. When people don't enjoy playing a game, they go play something else, but GL to all the sodomites out there who are giving it their all. Here's some music to listen to while you are researching the patch notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pABtNkVvj5A

Not worthless, actually if all those researched changes go in things will seem much more /gasp balanced! between mages and other classes.

Perhaps the first server start up in 20 years to not be utterly and totally dominated by mage armies. Sounds very intriguing and exciting!

kylok
10-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Furthermore, the goal of the project is to relive as close to the real classic experience as possible - not attempting to change the progression. Why else would they bother with patches at all?

AbstractVision
10-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Hinge, can't send you messages. Feel free to PM me first for info.

sciception
10-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Not worthless, actually if all those researched changes go in things will seem much more /gasp balanced! between mages and other classes.

Perhaps the first server start up in 20 years to not be utterly and totally dominated by mage armies. Sounds very intriguing and exciting!

Eh, the guy is lying anyway. He just didn't know where to buy the level 20 Earth pet. Necromancer's clearly still have issues, but https://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Research kinda fixes everything. Beta will tell all I hope.

sciception
10-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Furthermore, the goal of the project is to relive as close to the real classic experience as possible - not attempting to change the progression. Why else would they bother with patches at all?

So I propose the daily 1-8hr emergency patches be randomized for authenticity. Also, please add a login chat system for world kicks when you are done removing the confirmation request system. Don't forget to frequently bring the servers down for re-patches once we have had time to recover our corpses and reform our groups. -Thanks

AbstractVision
10-11-2019, 06:01 PM
I'm searching the wayback for sources about mages pets being research only for a time and not coming up with anything. I'm betting people just didn't know that only 1 of 4 pets was buying at city merchants for several levels and the rest of the pets were bought in OoT.

Anyways we have a full group and a backup now. Staff feel free to lock/close this thread.

aaezil
10-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Eq is a journey not a destination at least the silver lining is the power munchkin racers will burn out after not sleeping or taking care of themselves for two months and hopefully quit or lose interest once they realize theres not actually anything to do at lvl 50 in classic

AbstractVision
10-11-2019, 06:05 PM
We farm vox/naggy/hate/fear at 50.
We get lustrous russet pimped out rogues.
We make 2nd and third characters for manastones.
Plenty to do.

Fammaden
10-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Plenty to do.

Ok but then what will you do during December?

DMN
10-11-2019, 06:23 PM
*takes notes on how to play 20 year old elf sim*

sciception
10-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Ok but then what will you do during December?

Go broke buying Xmas presents.

Palemoon
10-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Plenty to do.

At most you will be 2 days ahead of competition, and while your level 20 fire pets are getting evaporated in PoF, two or three thousand mid level people will be on the /list for manastone.

Fammaden
10-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Wouldn't it be water pets that get evaporated?

Palemoon
10-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Wouldn't it be water pets that get evaporated?

If it gets hot enough, everything evaporates ;)

Gustoo
10-11-2019, 06:43 PM
It isn't going to be possible for 2000 to 3000 people to sit around ONLINE and ACTIVE for manastone farming. We'll see how they handle remote desktops and boxxing is a bannable offense, so its going to be difficult for guys to box remote desktop, and if they aren't boxing remote desktop than that doesn't leave that many people to be involved in some kinda sick manastone farming operation.

We'll see.

sciception
10-11-2019, 08:50 PM
I don't get it, I've sacrificed 1/2 a dozen Halflings, so why isn't Innoruuk sending us our last Mage?

soronil
10-11-2019, 09:10 PM
It isn't going to be possible for 2000 to 3000 people to sit around ONLINE and ACTIVE for manastone farming. We'll see how they handle remote desktops and boxxing is a bannable offense, so its going to be difficult for guys to box remote desktop, and if they aren't boxing remote desktop than that doesn't leave that many people to be involved in some kinda sick manastone farming operation.

We'll see.
How do you handle remote desktoping a VM host?? Hmm.

Hinge
10-12-2019, 05:25 AM
Odd, i don't seem to be able to post Private Messages on this board. I must not have enough "presence" here yet.

Hinge
10-12-2019, 11:12 AM
I'm practicing on Blue with the following toon names if you want to send me a message that way.

Pendulumed mage
Spuducket necro
Hingenice enchanter