Tyronius of Midnight
10-08-2019, 10:28 AM
Patience, child.

sylvo
10-08-2019, 10:30 AM
That would be just swell

LordMorbos
10-08-2019, 11:17 AM
I'm pretty sure the Blue server is quite literally Green Beta.

uygi
10-08-2019, 11:57 AM
It would be so badass if there were even a few days before launch where we could make toons and do a little putzing around to familiarize with UI etc.

Palemoon
10-08-2019, 12:03 PM
It would be so badass if there were even a few days before launch where we could make toons and do a little putzing around to familiarize with UI etc.

I think its been said that is the plan.

Fammaden
10-08-2019, 12:26 PM
I think its been said that is the plan.

They said there'd be a brief public beta, no idea yet what that entails per se. And that there MIGHT be a name reservation period, but no details on that yet either. Wouldn't be surprised if beta happens this weekend though.

Graventhel
10-08-2019, 12:40 PM
And that there MIGHT be a name reservation period, but no details on that yet either.

I'm fairly certain that Blue is the name reservation, as it was stated that no names will be repeatable from blue unless you yourself already have it.

Tecmos Deception
10-08-2019, 12:45 PM
And that there MIGHT be a name reservation period

You mean the last 10 years?

Fammaden
10-08-2019, 01:23 PM
You mean the last 10 years?

I mean:

Character Names
You will not be able to create a character on Green with the same name as a character on Blue, unless you are on the same account that owns that character on Blue. We may also bring the server up early to allow character creations ahead of time. We will try to announce this as much in advance as we can.

When he says character creations I assume that doesn't mean logging in and setting up your UI but more just getting your toons made and names set prior to launch day, since he mentioned it under naming. But any beta will hopefully allow us to at least know what we are dealing with for UI and quest availability etc.

uygi
10-08-2019, 02:30 PM
Yeah, can reserve name through Blue, but not actually create toon. I assume when he said toon creation, he meant that the server would be up (and can create characters) but the zones would be down.

My wish was to have the beta be on the actual green server, and let us actually pre-play, and then just do a rollback to before the zones came up. Then we can get our UI set up (although it sounds like there might not be much to change/setup) and temper our expectations.

Vizax_Xaziv
10-08-2019, 07:05 PM
They said there'd be a brief public beta, no idea yet what that entails per se. And that there MIGHT be a name reservation period, but no details on that yet either. Wouldn't be surprised if beta happens this weekend though.

The Beta will be opened when they have the new server hardware up and running they said.

Vizax_Xaziv
10-08-2019, 07:07 PM
Yeah, can reserve name through Blue, but not actually create toon. I assume when he said toon creation, he meant that the server would be up (and can create characters) but the zones would be down.

My wish was to have the beta be on the actual green server, and let us actually pre-play, and then just do a rollback to before the zones came up. Then we can get our UI set up (although it sounds like there might not be much to change/setup) and temper our expectations.

The Beta WILL be on the Green Server. They have to test the new hardware