PDA

View Full Version : Corpse summons

deadlycupcakez
10-05-2019, 01:48 PM
Inquiring minds would like to know if rotted corpses will be summoned like on blue, or forever gone like in classic.

Dolalin
10-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Corpse summon spell isn't implemented until late '99 if I remember right. It's the same patch as the Paw revamp.

loramin
10-05-2019, 02:11 PM
Corpse summon spell isn't implemented until late '99 if I remember right. It's the same patch as the Paw revamp.

I think he's referring to the P99 practice of ... even when players let their corpse sit there for an entire week, and it should rot into oblivion forever ... the staff here will (unclassically) recover it for them.

Given that they do it on Blue, I imagine they'll do it on Green too, but it encourages players to waste staff time instead of just treating death seriously (a week is plenty of time to get your corpse).

If it were me, I'd say no corpse recovery, and then make case by case exceptions for when someone loses a corpse in HS or somewhere where it's hard to recover, and the staff member can see that the person spent a lot of time in HS trying to get CR help ... but the staff are nicer than I am.

Tyronius of Midnight
10-05-2019, 02:33 PM

A simple reading of his original post would suffice.

Dolalin
10-05-2019, 02:50 PM
Not so simple while holding a baby, but my bad, I missed the 'rotted' bit.

Vizax_Xaziv
10-05-2019, 03:58 PM
They should just automate it. All corpses of players lvl 10+ that "rot" just get sent to the FP noob yard. No CSR
time wasted and no corpses lost win/win

Muggens
10-06-2019, 11:06 AM
My first character fell off a cliff and I couldnt find the corpse so it rotted away. Classic

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder
10-07-2019, 05:08 AM
I was playing drunk back in the day, fell asleep on keyboard and ran into the sea. GM's got it back. Can you even imagine swimming around in the sea looking for your body jesus.

Videri
10-07-2019, 05:49 AM
They should just automate it. All corpses of players lvl 10+ that "rot" just get sent to the FP noob yard. No CSR
time wasted and no corpses lost win/win

That would be a vast number of corpses. Ever zoned into Mistmoore? Or Plane of Sky?

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder
10-07-2019, 05:54 AM
That would be a vast number of corpses. Ever zoned into Mistmoore? Or Plane of Sky?

Yeah at least toss em on the little island in Dagnors and give the zone a use other than entrance to kedge/unrest

Izmael
10-07-2019, 06:15 AM
+1 for no more GM summonning of the corpses (on green OR blue for that matter). Corpse rot is part of the game and removing this risk takes away a whole risk factor in going deep in dangerous places.