PDA

View Full Version : Consenting players

Vizax_Xaziv
10-05-2019, 03:34 AM
Consenting players will allow them to loot your corpse as well as dragging it, correct?

Dolalin
10-05-2019, 04:38 AM
That's the classic behaviour yes.

sciception
10-05-2019, 07:25 AM
Huh, thought that was a bug.

fastboy21
10-05-2019, 10:26 AM
This isn't likely to be the case on green.

You are correct that for a very short time (maybe even only in beta, or not long after launch) you used to be able to loot gear from a player that consented you.

I remember newbies always asking about this because it apparently made it into the (infamous) kunark prima guide iirc.

Nilstoniakrath
10-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Consenting players will allow them to loot your corpse as well as dragging it, correct?

You say that, like it's a bad thing...

loramin
10-05-2019, 11:20 AM
I'd think this is very unlikely to be in. If the staff is keeping unclassic item links to prevent fraud, why would they add a fraud nightmare?

Madbad
10-05-2019, 12:22 PM
CSR nightmare even though its classic

Coridan
10-05-2019, 01:42 PM

You are correct that for a very short time (maybe even only in beta, or not long after launch) you used to be able to loot gear from a player that consented you.

I remember newbies always asking about this because it apparently made it into the (infamous) kunark prima guide iirc.

It was around at least into September 99, cuz I got screwed by it when a groupmate offered to help with CR in Befallen and stole from our whole group. This was on the Tribunal server which launched in August 99

Graventhel
10-05-2019, 01:55 PM
It was around at least into September 99, cuz I got screwed by it when a groupmate offered to help with CR in Befallen and stole from our whole group. This was on the Tribunal server which launched in August 99

Yes, but what was their name? You have not truly cultivated your hate if you don't remember their name!

Coridan
10-05-2019, 02:01 PM
Yes, but what was their name? You have not truly cultivated your hate if you don't remember their name!

It ended up in my favor, I was mostly wearing banded and stuff and my guildies outfitted me with full bronze when I told the story. I was very sad to lose my Langseax which I had quested for myself with a friend.

Daliant17447
10-05-2019, 03:51 PM
Obvious greifing opportunity, won't be in despite being classic

Zeboim
10-05-2019, 04:39 PM

I have this guide in my bathroom, are you telling me my whole life has been a lie?

Balimon
10-05-2019, 10:25 PM
It was around into Kunark. My computer couldn't handle the new zone graphics ( crazzzzzy ) and I died running through dreadlands due to lag and newbishness, I was probably around 35 or so. I had my friends at the time who had much better computers find and loot my corpse for me and bring all my gear, including my bags back to me in old world.

I also remember around level 40 or so dying to Ambassador D'vinn in crushbone and being so pissed I left all my crappy armor on the corpse and offered to let noobs loot it, mostly some bronze etc. Finally forced myself to focus on some better gear.

feniin
10-05-2019, 10:31 PM
They didn't remove the ability to loot other players' corpses who consented you until weeks into Kunark.

feniin
10-05-2019, 10:36 PM
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000720.html

JULY 20, 2000
Emergency Patch:
Due to the problems encountered in yesterday's patch, some additional data has been moved to the live servers today. As part of this patch, three new changes are included:

/Consent no longer gives other players permission to loot your corpse. Instead, it only gives them the ability to drag your corpse using the /corpse command. This change is due to player request stemming from number of customer service issues raised by some players who were using /consent as a way to steal the belongings of other players. The change will eliminate those concerns and make the game more enjoyable for all of those involved.

Yesterday's patch changed the way spell-damage messages are reported to the caster. The new text was dark blue, making it hard to distinguish from the background when in HUD mode. The text color has been changed to "yellow" due to player request.

Duel messages will no longer be broadcast to the world unless the winner of the duel is over 10th level. This should greatly reduce the number of duels with inappropriate names that have been occurring in the game.

Nilstoniakrath
10-06-2019, 12:02 AM
They didn't remove the ability to loot other players' corpses who consented you until weeks into Kunark.

#itsclassic

This is not a QoL issue, it is a means of encouraging players to solo and not rely on others to retrieve their corpse.

Ditto the classic refrain from displaying what group members loot. Choose your teammates wisely, and only group with those that you trust. Do not petition when someone in your group ninjas stuff, that is on you for grouping with non-trustworthy players. No sympathy for weak or ineffectual players on p99

aaezil
10-06-2019, 12:05 AM
#itsclassic

This is not a QoL issue, it is a means of encouraging players to solo and not rely on others to retrieve their corpse.

Ditto the classic refrain from displaying what group members loot. Choose your teammates wisely, and only group with those that you trust. Do not petition when someone in your group ninjas stuff, that is on you for grouping with non-trustworthy players. No sympathy for weak or ineffectual players on p99

You seem like a real nice normal well adjusted human

Nilstoniakrath
10-06-2019, 12:16 AM
You seem like a real nice normal well adjusted human

LOL I am just parroting the white knight arguments. I am actually very sympathetic to certain QoL non-classic ideas (multiple chat windows) but I know that this server wants classic, in all ways shapes and forms, be damned if a single aspect is really stupid (not seeing group member loots?) and accept that for what it is - overall, p99 is easily the greatest server on EQEMU, the others are just really lame and I get disgusted with myself when I play on them for any length of time LOL

El-Hefe
10-06-2019, 12:54 AM
LOL I am just parroting the white knight arguments. I am actually very sympathetic to certain QoL non-classic ideas (multiple chat windows) but I know that this server wants classic, in all ways shapes and forms, be damned if a single aspect is really stupid (not seeing group member loots?) and accept that for what it is - overall, p99 is easily the greatest server on EQEMU, the others are just really lame and I get disgusted with myself when I play on them for any length of time LOL

I think the line is if a potential classic change is a CSR nightmare or generally encourages wanton asshatery then it’s bad. Everything else should be as classic as possible.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Vizax_Xaziv
10-06-2019, 01:30 AM
not seeing group member loots

Is that seriously gonna be a thing? They're gonna remove the ability to see what group members loot for Green?

El-Hefe
10-06-2019, 02:08 AM
Is that seriously gonna be a thing? They're gonna remove the ability to see what group members loot for Green?

CSR nightmare, nah.

DMN
10-06-2019, 02:47 AM
The worst thing was when you accidently misclicked one of these hoarders corpses doing some CR and they have like 98128938 copper/gold/silver on them. Now you are waddling through the dungeon with the corpse in tow.