PDA

View Full Version : Necro Vs. Bard = GO!

Natewest1987
10-04-2019, 10:00 AM
Anyone care to share impressive feats they've seen or been privy to for Necros and Bards? I've been gathering all kinds of useful advice from the forums here and really appreciate all the insight from the community. I just realized that while discussing classes we tend to talk more about how their abilities and roles differ - but we usually don't talk about their feats. My experience with either class is based on Luclin + PoP, so I'm really unfamiliar with what content they can tackle in classic.

What is the most impressive thing you've seen either class do in these eras? I think it would help to be able to see what kind of content I could do when figuring out which class to take

Dolalin
10-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Before the AoE nerf, it was common for Bards to kite upwards of 100 mobs at a time in zones like FV and AoE them all down at once.

This will not apply on Green however, there is a classic limit of 4 in place until September 1999 era.

Necros are badasses, give your pet two FS daggers and they are blenders. They also get charm (anything) in the early classic era. Necros are at their peaks just after launch in Vanilla and are slowly nerfed downwards.

Gustoo
10-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Enchanter can take the most content on their own.

Bards have the best run speed

Necromancers are versatile and can feign death and have more casual leveling strategies than enchanters, who have to charm and risk death all the time.

Vexenu
10-04-2019, 10:29 AM
The real question is whether or not you are ok with pressing buttons constantly. If you enjoy a super active playstyle then play a Bard, no question. They are an awesome, powerful and unique class. I would totally play a Bard but I just can't get past how active they are. If that doesn't bother you then go for it. But under no circumstances should you play a Bard if you are even a semi-lazy player. You will hate it, and if you stubbornly persist on the Bard anyway everyone you group with will hate you.

Jungleberry
10-04-2019, 10:31 AM
Death to bards.

bum3
10-04-2019, 10:42 AM
On classic Tunare server I used to solo the frenzy room as 50 necro. Also did the 3 aviak spawn island in lake rathe at 18. No idea about bards. There wasn't really any bards on classic Tunare until velious+. Most I knew pre-velious were banned due to training people, GMs didn't tolerate training at all on Tunare.

Chryorn
10-04-2019, 11:49 AM
I only did that once. I killed the Frenzy #1 and #2. #3 killed me. Charming wasn't really a thing at that time, I used the 49 pet. It was already after the FS Steel nerf. Nowadays with the better connection, hardware and Velious UI it should be easier.
Biggest problem is to get the camp. And you won't make any friends claiming Frenzy solo on a crowded server. Somehow the tanks have a hard time to understand that Skelly really needs that FBSS to be truly happy pet.

bum3
10-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Biggest problem is to get the camp. And you won't make any friends claiming Frenzy solo on a crowded server. Somehow the tanks have a hard time to understand that Skelly really needs that FBSS to be truly happy pet.

I never had friends... ran a guild for awhile to force ppl to be my friends...

Zeboim
10-04-2019, 03:26 PM
Death to bards.

Natewest1987
10-04-2019, 05:57 PM
I only did that once. I killed the Frenzy #1 and #2. #3 killed me. Charming wasn't really a thing at that time, I used the 49 pet. It was already after the FS Steel nerf. Nowadays with the better connection, hardware and Velious UI it should be easier.

omg you give FBSS to skelly?!

Nuggie
10-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Between the two: you are most likely to get into content early with the necro since the Ae nerf. You are going to be more valuable in every group/raid setting as a bard IF the exp groups are willing to look past the super classic hybrid exp penalty. In raids bards are king over necro's who are weak support classes.

Natewest1987
10-05-2019, 03:34 AM
I think the plan is necro until rich, then twink bard :-D

Doobles
10-05-2019, 04:24 AM
Have to give the edge to Bard since they were able to solo Sontalak for a bit. Most likely could have soloed Tunare as well, getting her loot would have been next to impossible though. PLing in Velks swarming spiders was another fun one. By far one of the most exploitable classes in EQ.

Natewest1987
10-05-2019, 11:09 AM
Have to give the edge to Bard since they were able to solo Sontalak for a bit. Most likely could have soloed Tunare as well, getting her loot would have been next to impossible though. PLing in Velks swarming spiders was another fun one. By far one of the most exploitable classes in EQ.

Whaaaat

Chryorn
10-05-2019, 01:21 PM
omg you give FBSS to skelly?!
Of course not. The two I killed only had rings though.