PDA

View Full Version : Will VP be a no csr zone as per classic?

Baler
10-03-2019, 03:12 PM
Will Veeshan's Peek have no CSR involvement like it was during classic?

Daliant17447
10-03-2019, 03:16 PM
It was kind of a shit show on blue

Asher
10-03-2019, 08:18 PM
I think the original intent was that they weren't going to help you CR your guild in the event of a wipe.

I don't think they meant that it is was OK to train everyone and be a shithead.

quido
10-03-2019, 08:19 PM
Participating in VP train wars was the pinnacle of my blue experience.

Vizax_Xaziv
10-03-2019, 08:27 PM
I think the original intent was that they weren't going to help you CR your guild in the event of a wipe.

I don't think they meant that it is was OK to train everyone and be a shithead.

No, I reckon that's NOT what they intended. Instead, that was yet another manifestation of the antisocial, narcissistic and sociopathic behavior exhibited by the most seriously pixel-sick players in the Project1999 community!

Asher
10-03-2019, 08:50 PM
No, I reckon that's NOT what they intended. Instead, that was yet another manifestation of the antisocial, narcissistic and sociopathic behavior exhibited by the most seriously pixel-sick players in the Project1999 community!

You think Verant (SoE) intended for VP to be a zone where you could train whoever you want and they wouldn't take any action against the trainer?

Bbeta
10-03-2019, 09:29 PM
No csr vp was so much fun. I hope they bring it back

Daliant17447
10-04-2019, 01:14 AM
was fun as a monk, was anoying af as a cleric

loramin
10-04-2019, 11:41 AM
I think people forget what zones like that were like at the time on live: they were never as populated as they were here. Every server had one guild get in first, and then some servers had maybe a single second guild get in during the no CSR period (I don't know the exact timeline of when "no CSR time" stopped, and whatever I say someone will chime in with "well on my server ...")

But my point is, you have to take stuff in context. VP was not full of guilds tripping all over each other initially. Again, without knowing the exact dates, I suspect the vast vast majority of servers had two or less guilds in VP, and they likely weren't even there at the same time the vast majority of the time.

That stupid key (both the super time consuming part and the Trak kill part) was not something that scores and scores of people were getting (initially) on live :) It was for the "1337" uber guild(s) only.

deadlycupcakez
10-04-2019, 12:35 PM
My major question as it relates to VP, and really to the entire Vanilla leveling experience, will GM corpse summons after they rot be a thing?