PDA

View Full Version : What makes your class objectively the most fun?

Tr4c3r
10-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Just curious why each person picked the class they did.

honeybee12874
10-03-2019, 01:15 PM
So when I first started playing Everquest (about a year ago here on P99) it was because I had been watching my boyfriend play and I finally wanted to try it myself. He suggested I start with Druid (I forget exactly what his reasoning was, but I know people find Druid to be a good starting class). So, that's what I picked!

I plan on rolling Druid again for Green simply because it's the class I'm used to and know the best. I only plan on playing casually on Green, so I want to play Druid again so I don't have to learn a new class.

I do like Druid a lot because of the versatility, ability to help other players and easy traveling abilities :)

magusfire24
10-03-2019, 01:16 PM
I picked Ranger when I first started EQ because that is what my father played and I liked outdoors and being self sufficient .

Picking Magician on this green server so I can solo and farm money and items for more melee focused characters. Magician was my first alt in classic EQ and ended up becoming one of my favorite classes. Loved all the utility spells and the pets.

Danth
10-03-2019, 01:19 PM
I like playing tank-type characters. I don't like raiding. Paladin was an obvious and natural fit for me for many years and gave good satisfaction. Later on, changing real-life conditions dictate that I do a lot more duo (and even a little solo) than full groups nowadays. I still like the group tank job too, though. Switching to Shadow Knight was the obvious decision, and since making that switch in 2012 it has likewise provided full satisfaction.

Yeah I could play a Monk. I don't like the style, don't like the lack of non-charge frontloaded aggro, don't like the weight limit, don't like the lack of a spellbook....etc etc. EQ's nice in providing so many choices.

Danth

Deathrydar
10-03-2019, 01:21 PM
My first ever class that I stuck with past level 16 or so was a Cleric. I loved it because i love healing and love buffing as I am a pretty social person.

Well, I am a pretty social person in Norrath. In the real world, I am plagued by severe social anxiety and barely even look other humans in the eyes.

But anyway, I love grouping too, so Cleric has all of those qualities so I went with it. I also love the plate wearing classes in fantasy games.

I loved the Shadow Knight due to, you guessed it, plate. I also love tanking and the Shadow Knight's ability to grab aggro on a dime. I also like being an "evil" character.

Then I leveled up a Bard. This was fun due to the utility and the songs the class gets are pretty awesome. However, due to my play time availability, everyone on the server kind out-leveled me and I was stuck to solo and it got very boring running around and clicking he same three buttons over and over and over and over again.

Cen
10-03-2019, 10:01 PM
Because most people in the world recognize my face and name in real life I try to be a loner in game.

Jk I like heals tho :p

Bbeta
10-03-2019, 10:04 PM
monks for instant FD

Baler
10-03-2019, 10:09 PM
Erudite Magician
Extremely Good in classic

I sit back while I pet kills everything and rake in thousands of plat.
Can be played totally naked because Erudite Mage has the highest int.

Erudite is a neutral race so agnostic Erudite Magician can go to a ton of places without being KoS

BlackBellamy
10-03-2019, 10:11 PM
First I picked a class that had a skeleton, because who doesn't want to boss around an angry skeleton? Then I went with the class that had a dog and we could both run very fast, the dog and me.

Videri
10-03-2019, 10:21 PM
Erudite Magician
Extremely Good in classic

I sit back while I pet kills everything and rake in thousands of plat.
Can be played totally naked because Erudite Mage has the highest int.

Erudite is a neutral race so agnostic Erudite Magician can go to a ton of places without being KoS

Thank you, ten-year-old Baler. :D

Vizax_Xaziv
10-03-2019, 10:23 PM
I like playing tank-type characters. I don't like raiding. Paladin was an obvious and natural fit for me for many years and gave good satisfaction. Later on, changing real-life conditions dictate that I do a lot more duo (and even a little solo) than full groups nowadays. I still like the group tank job too, though. Switching to Shadow Knight was the obvious decision, and since making that switch in 2012 it has likewise provided full satisfaction.

Yeah I could play a Monk. I don't like the style, don't like the lack of non-charge frontloaded aggro, don't like the weight limit, don't like the lack of a spellbook....etc etc. EQ's nice in providing so many choices.

Danth

When I think of a Knight on P99 the name Danth always comes to mind! You do you bro!

Chortles Snort|eS
10-03-2019, 11:27 PM
i identified with a narcissistic high elf wizard persona during live (what a mistake)

i identify a little too much with a troll shadow knight persona these last 8 years
its fun to be bad

Sonark
10-04-2019, 12:29 AM
Greenmist

Halfcell
10-04-2019, 01:02 AM
Shaman is the most fun because it's the only priest, and one of only 2 spell casters that doesn't have to spend all day sitting on the ground, watching other people play EQ.

Crede
10-04-2019, 01:32 AM
I’ve gotten to play every class now. They’re all pretty kick ass.

But IMO bard is above everything else. Their skill ceiling is ridiculously high and no other class can make an entire group feel that much stronger around them. This was the first class I ever played and it will definitely will be the last.

bum3
10-04-2019, 03:29 PM
I first mained necro in classic until velious. I loved the raw power. I loved the versatility in groups of cc, heals, off-tanking, and doing good dmg. Velious, I switched to pally. I thoroughly enjoyed it for grouping. I was the guilds 2nd tank/off-tank until PoP... then I got put into a heal chain when SKs got AAs that made them better... So yeah... Then I didn't have time to raid anymore and wife duo'd ench/cle while i duo'd pally/beast and it was wonderful. Yup you could bot in classic. But by that time most raids were done by groups except time and fear/hate/sky was being duo'd so wasn't a big deal.

Glarkus31
10-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Dwarf Paladin. Love dwarves in fantasy and I usually play a Paladin in every fantasy game.

But for the class, I like how I was a sought after tank in the early game. Then, when my life got busier, I was able to solo fairly easily after I got good at it.

I am really looking forward to playing on Green fairly casually and grouping up.

deadlycupcakez
10-04-2019, 04:12 PM
The ability to transport large numbers of people to places they otherwise could not visit. Being able to soothe the tummies of all seasick travelers via shimmering portals. Finding runic markings throughout the world and combining them into powerful spells. Having a roleplaying reason to follow Quellious.