PDA

View Full Version : How badly will shit be camped?

Noselacri
10-03-2019, 09:41 AM
So everyone knows that a portion of the playerbase is extremely hardcore and will camp shit religiously, but how bad will it really be? Should one believe the horror stories of "manastone will be camped 100% of the time from release until removal"? What about other things like regular xp camps, will they be perpetually occupied with a list of 20 people in line? It's kinda hard to get an idea of these things because blue was way smaller when it launched.

Vanity items like guise, can you ever expect to get one if you're not part of some poopsocking crew?

Will regular people be able to get into high-value camps like FBSS or GEBs?

Will solo classes actually be able to find good spots to solo or will all worthwhile content be occupied?

Can you expect to go to a dungeon and /yell LFG and actually find a group in reasonable time or will it be hours of waiting for a spot?

BlackBellamy
10-03-2019, 10:06 AM
It will be everything you imagine.

You'll go to Najena and do a /who and it will show too many players to show. Then you'll add your name to the /list and you will be number 237. You will sit in Najena for 20 hours and finally pass out from exhaustion. The last thing you remember will be that you were 126th. When you wake up and login and put your name on the /list, you will be 212th person in line. You will spend some time getting the third key, and then sit there for another 19 hours as your place in the list goes down to double digits. Using drugs and self-mutilation, you will force yourself to stay awake another 10 hours, which brings your place on the /list to 43, but your tired body gives up.

At that point you will gather a couple of friends and you will take turns babysitting each other's characters as they stay online 24/7 and move down the list to finally get that pair of Jboots.

Baler
10-03-2019, 11:13 AM
things like guise and manastone will be 24/7 camped by a team of players rotating in and out as they wake up / go to sleep.

Pixel lust, no im not joking or trolling.
There are profit teams on blue who farmed hate/fear for example. Now imagine them on green with manastones its going to be disgusting.

but baler LISTS will save us.. a meer speed bump for these kinds of players.

aaezil
10-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Yeah some people use the game to pay rent and with #1 enforcer no longer on staff itll prob get worse before it gets better again

Coridan
10-03-2019, 11:27 AM
Copying my reply to another thread

People don't seem to understand how much more split the camps were in classic. Because combat was longer and harder and required more downtime between pulls. You could have 3 groups at orc highway in oasis. In Unrest there were three yard camps, fireplace and bedroom were separate Crushbone had Walls, Pit, Slaver Caves, Hill, Castle and Dvinn all as separate camps. Full groups camping chessboard in Butcherblock. 2 Full groups at aviak city in South Karana.

The game's capacity is quite high when it's played as intended rather than the massive twinkfest that Blue is where one group can hold Assassin/Supploer, Executioner, Cavalier and Sage in Lower Guk with no real downtime.

As to those specific items, I think those camps will be busy sure but I don't think it'll be so bad that you couldn't invest some time and guarantee at least some of those items. I know I will be investing in getting full visual Rubicite

YendorLootmonkey
10-03-2019, 11:34 AM
You will be placing yourself on the list for groups XPing on individual a_large_rat00 spawns.

Death will mean you lost about a week's worth of XP (a month for hybrids if you include both the XP penalty and all the time spent LFG because people keep passing on hybrids) due to having to wait around 6 mins to kill your assigned spawn, and no one that can give xp rezzes.

Your group will be /randoming for bone chips and rusty weapons to sell.

Jungleberry
10-03-2019, 11:36 AM
Get ready for pain. I love pain.

Lojik
10-03-2019, 11:38 AM
I think some of it depends on how the lists and afk checks work. If a list is 10 people deep for Mana Stone, that would be likely 100 hours (if they all stayed on continuously) before they all got their Stone. If the afk checks aren't that severe maybe the lines get long, but if they're serious the lines will shorten (in number.) It will still be a long wait, but I don't think you'd see list numbers get into the 100's unless the afk checks are virtually nonexistent.

TBH if it functions well enough I think it might dissuade some perma campers from blue, as it's just easier to farm sick blue stuff without the competition. When they merge some velious stuff that's been farmed for a decade might go up in price.

skorge
10-03-2019, 11:49 AM
Someone told me that they will be adding /list in noob zones so people share decaying skeleton spawns. So you have to wait on a list to kill decaying skeletons which is what I plan on doing.

Chortles Snort|eS
10-03-2019, 12:31 PM
We’re going back to slow Everquest fellaS. Will be fine

Cen
10-03-2019, 12:59 PM
I know Guise of the deceiver is generally 12 average drops per day if always camped.

Not sure on manastone. I think 4?

Erati
10-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Everything of value will be camped.

Just wait in the line.

zaneosak
10-03-2019, 01:20 PM
It will be everything you imagine.

You'll go to Najena and do a /who and it will show too many players to show. Then you'll add your name to the /list and you will be number 237. You will sit in Najena for 20 hours and finally pass out from exhaustion. The last thing you remember will be that you were 126th. When you wake up and login and put your name on the /list, you will be 212th person in line. You will spend some time getting the third key, and then sit there for another 19 hours as your place in the list goes down to double digits. Using drugs and self-mutilation, you will force yourself to stay awake another 10 hours, which brings your place on the /list to 43, but your tired body gives up.

At that point you will gather a couple of friends and you will take turns babysitting each other's characters as they stay online 24/7 and move down the list to finally get that pair of Jboots.

I am confused... I thought /list was only for legacy items , it's for every regular camp in the game? FBSS? SSOY? What the hell in Najena will be camped? (or were you using it as an example)?

Fammaden
10-03-2019, 01:21 PM
Najena contains the original Jboots drop before they changed it to a quest. The assumption is that this will be considered a legacy item.

Fammaden
10-03-2019, 01:25 PM
I know I will be investing in getting full visual Rubicite

What drops that exactly? The BP and legs are named and the rest of it is random off CT zone mobs?

Just wondering, if the non BP and/or leg stuff are simple zone drops I guess they wouldn't be subject to the list system?

Aaramis
10-03-2019, 01:27 PM
This all sounds.... effing horrendous.
Guess that narrows my class choices to those that don't *need* jboots, a guise or a mana stone.

I'd rather skip those camps entirely if they're going to be as described here, and spare my sanity.

BlackBellamy
10-03-2019, 01:29 PM
What the hell in Najena will be camped?

Maybe it's not going to be as bad as I think.

Deathrydar
10-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Guess that narrows my class choices to those that don't *need* jboots, a guise or a mana stone.

I'd rather skip those camps entirely if they're going to be as described here, and spare my sanity.

Best thing to do would be to not jump to conclusions and see what happens.

Coridan
10-03-2019, 01:55 PM

That would be bard. Needs none of those three items.

Fammaden
10-03-2019, 02:05 PM
Shaman doesn't really need any of it either, except for the outdoor fashion shrink of a guise.

But Aaramis has the right idea, other than not just playing whatever you want. If its a shitshow, ignore it. Jboots are pretty tempting but all these items are mind over matter. If you don't mind not having them, then they don't matter.

Aades
10-03-2019, 02:15 PM
https://i.imgur.com/n2AV4FS.png

Erati
10-03-2019, 03:01 PM
at least use a classic skeleton geez

Vizax_Xaziv
10-03-2019, 03:33 PM
That would be bard. Needs none of those three items.

Comes with a 40% exp penalty AND the staff have decided to FURTHER nerf swarming from an already NON-CLASSIC 25-mob-limit to a RIDICULOUS 4-mob limit.

Have fun leveling that Bard though, LOL!

Deathrydar
10-03-2019, 04:06 PM
Are we talking about this shit? I didn't know anyone camped that shit. I guess Guard Inofus protects that shit? There is other shit in other zones.

Nuggie
10-03-2019, 07:10 PM
If the leveling pace from blue launch is any indicator many won't be high enough level to be in the manastone camp before it gets nerfed out. Starting on the 23rd I casually leveled up and missed being able to camp it solo, as a necro, by a few weeks.

Deliverator
10-03-2019, 07:18 PM
As soon as someone gets high enough to camp manastone it will be camped pretty much 24/7 until it is removed. Most people won't be high enough to get into the manastone camp queue before it is removed. But yes, most thing will be perma-camped until they are removed, but likely not the items that are quickly nerfed retro-actively like the moss covered twig. You're going to get into your 40s and have to wait in line for items in Lguk (because they will be enchanter/necro camped). If you speed through the levels to get into group camp range of the items that will be nerfed shortly after launch you'll have to show up, wait in line, and jerk your gerkin until it drops for you.

There will very likely be high level players camping these things 24/7 and just readding their name to the list every time they loot it and pass it to a buddy. In fact, it is likely that they will bring buddies along to add to the loot list for them so they can get 5 or 6 drops before anyone else gets a chance at the camp through the /list feature being added.

Baler
10-03-2019, 07:23 PM
I can already smell the tinfoil hat theories when manastone gets patched out.

fastboy21
10-03-2019, 07:29 PM
I can already smell the tinfoil hat theories when manastone gets patched out.

Can't entirely blame folks. Some of those conspiracy theories have turned out to be true on p99 from time to time.

Nuggie
10-03-2019, 07:56 PM
Those poor unfortunate souls that were too weak to handle the temptation of corruption and weaseled their way into positions of authority....

Vizax_Xaziv
10-03-2019, 08:38 PM
Can't entirely blame folks. Some of those conspiracy theories have turned out to be true on p99 from time to time.

For example the SEVERAL GMs that have been relieved of duty after being caught RMTing? Including one individual who was wrongfully banning accounts so he could strip their items to sell for RMT?

Or were you referring to the servers second-in-command who was caught spawning items and giving raid spawn times to one specific guild, while ALSO repeatedly punishing that guild's opponents for the smallest of "infractions"?

Nuggie
10-03-2019, 08:41 PM
WTB return of Uth

Vizax_Xaziv
10-03-2019, 08:46 PM
If the leveling pace from blue launch is any indicator many won't be high enough level to be in the manastone camp before it gets nerfed out. Starting on the 23rd I casually leveled up and missed being able to camp it solo, as a necro, by a few weeks.

According to the launch announcement:
**May 2020: Temple of Solusek Ro opens / Legacy items cease to drop

Does the Manastone get removed separately from the other "legacy items?" If not I'd say that's PLENTY long enough for players to reach level 35-or-so and camp the mob...

Sonark
10-03-2019, 08:46 PM
For example the SEVERAL GMs that have been relieved of duty after being caught RMTing? Including one individual who was wrongfully banning accounts so he could strip their items to sell for RMT?

Or were you referring to the servers second-in-command who was caught spawning items and giving raid spawn times to one specific guild, while ALSO repeatedly punishing that guild's opponents for the smallest of "infractions"?I would love to hear more specific, exhausting details about this.

Asher
10-03-2019, 08:54 PM
WTB return of Uth

I second this. Uth needs to come back.