PDA

View Full Version : What Green WON'T have to start with

Kapyong
10-02-2019, 03:45 AM
Gday all,
Excited for Green, been reading up a lot here, made a practice character on blue, got my maps sorted...

There's a lot to take in, so what I've come to focus on is what will be MISSING when we start on Green, (not counting the obvious like twinks, rich friends, trading at tunnel etc.) Here is my list of important things that we will NOT have at Green start, (I'll update it as required) :

Soul binding
Came with Luclin; and no caster character soulbinds till level 12 IIRC (that will become available after a few days I guess, common after some weeks?) So no levelling a halfing in Faydark e.g.

Mail Delivery Quests
These popular quests will not available initially (Qeynos to HH was a favourite of mine, using 'Ranger teleport' for one direction :) )

Mouse wheel 3rd person
Seems this will not be available, not sure when it appears.

Maps
No maps in game of course.

Uncertain - Compass window ?
My Project1999 doesn't seem to have it, but I thought it was original? (but swings wildly until skill improves.)

Please let us know of any more important missing features we should be aware of.

Kapyong

lordpazuzu
10-02-2019, 04:31 PM
Nope, no compass on the original UI. Using the sense heading skill would generate a text response in the chat window.

Baler
10-02-2019, 04:33 PM
exploits for unlimited plat and items
Leashing
hybrid damage buff
monk triple attack
iksar
level 51-60
fungi
25 mob ae limit, because the limit will be 4

soronil
10-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Soul binding
Came with Luclin; and no caster character soulbinds till level 12 IIRC (that will become available after a few days I guess, common after some weeks?) So no levelling a halfing in Faydark e.g.

People will be level 12 day 1. By day 2, you won't be able to throw a rock in gfay without hitting someone that is capable of binding you.

Anyway, a list of differences between blue and green:
definite:
6 hotbar buttons
no pet window
classic darkness
no tab target cycling
must open spell book and press meditate button
no custom ui

possibly:
no moving spells in your spell book
1 chat window
different mousewheel/3rd person view behavior
perhaps new UI we haven't seen incorporating more classic elements.

Dave
10-02-2019, 05:26 PM
When we’re mail delivery quests added?

El-Hefe
10-02-2019, 06:18 PM
Anyone have any confirmation that mouse wheel 3rd person is indeed out?

That’s the one change that I would certainly feel, it’d be awful.

... but I’d still love it.

Still haven’t gotten a yes or no on the blue XP line (it didn’t exist until Kunark).

Baler
10-02-2019, 06:19 PM
Anyone have any confirmation that mouse wheel 3rd person is indeed out?

Haynar said he knows how to disable the mouse wheel zoom but last he said they weren't adding it to p99. However with green, there's no confirmation im aware of either way.

Kapyong
10-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Thanks for replies, here is an updated list - not counting everything, just things that make you go "oh drat, that's right :("

No soul binding

No mail delivery quests

No mouse wheel 3rd person (?)

No maps

No compass window

Only 6 hotbar buttons

No pet window

Classic darkness

No tab target cycling

Spell book meditate

No Iksar

4 mob AE limit

Cen
10-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Remember, if you start a QRG human, you will NOT start near Chanda Miller on P99 like in classic. Your default respawn point is with the other humans in North Qeynos south east of the gates.

Minor detail ;)

Chryorn
10-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Yes, I was surprised by that when I made a human ranger a few day ago. I was wondering if I should really run over to Surfall Glade just to turn in the note or just start killing mobs in the yard. Decided to run to see how difficult that would be. Wasn't a problem. Still a bit strange though.

Deathrydar
10-02-2019, 08:30 PM
No Kunark
No Velious

garfo
10-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Does surefall glade have its own newbie yard?

Baler
10-02-2019, 08:37 PM
no plane of hate
no plane of fear

Cen
10-02-2019, 09:37 PM

Rangers and Druids classic initial spawn point is supposed to both be in surefall glade, at the back wall you hit if you walk straight forward out the door of the druid guild. Their initial bind point is supposed to both be in Qeynos Hills, approximately 150 game units south southeast of Chanda Miller.

In project 1999, they mistakenly both spawn at the priest of discord in North qeynos, and their initial bind point is northeast of the gate to qeynos. All wrong.

Barantor
10-02-2019, 09:57 PM

Yes, right outside the glade in Qeynos Hills a bunch of lower level mobs spawn, the problem is not very far away are some much higher level stuff so it behooves folks to not stray too far from the guards at first. The very south end of Qeynos Hills has some slightly higher mobs that are near the zone edge to Qeynos.

It'd be nice if they could reinstate that starting point.

Fammaden
10-02-2019, 10:14 PM
Rangers and Druids classic initial spawn point is supposed to both be in surefall glade, at the back wall you hit if you walk straight forward out the door of the druid guild. Their initial bind point is supposed to both be in Qeynos Hills, approximately 150 game units south southeast of Chanda Miller.

In project 1999, they mistakenly both spawn at the priest of discord in North qeynos, and their initial bind point is northeast of the gate to qeynos. All wrong.

That dark and long ass tunnel out of SFG was super fun to attempt navigation as a brand new human. People are gonna shit if they actually get the old levels of darkness going for this thing.

dekova
10-02-2019, 10:53 PM
Do we have confirmation of classic darkness? I'd love it to be in, but my understanding is that it's really hard to implement with the current client.

Tyronius of Midnight
10-03-2019, 09:30 AM
DARK NIGHT TIMES and /guildwar are of utmost importance. I cannot stress this enough.

BlackBellamy
10-03-2019, 10:13 AM
DARK NIGHT TIMES...are of utmost importance. I cannot stress this enough.

Yeah, sounds like something Tyronius of MIDNIGHT would say! GTFO of here with your anti-photon propaganda you shill! How long have you been working for BIG DHARKMA!?

Modwolf
10-03-2019, 10:20 AM
That dark and long ass tunnel out of SFG was super fun to attempt navigation as a brand new human. People are gonna shit if they actually get the old levels of darkness going for this thing.

My very first char started in surefall. So blind. Used a map of qeynos because that is where I selected to spawn. Proceeded to be a completely lost & confused preteen in that darkness and in the end rerolled a mage.

soronil
10-03-2019, 10:20 AM
DARK NIGHT TIMES and /guildwar are of utmost importance. I cannot stress this enough.

Not cute to spam about /guildwar every page of every thread dude. please stop.

Deathrydar
10-03-2019, 10:24 AM
My first time running from Freeport to East Commonlands. I could see NOTHING. All I remember is my combat text:

Orc Pawn tries to hit you, but misses.
Orc Pawn hits you for 1 pt of damage.
A black wolf hits you for 1 pt of damage.
A black wolf tries to hit you, but misses.
Orc Pawn tries to his you, but misses.

Then, a new string of text was added after I heard an unfamiliar (but later would become VERY familiar) sound.

A griffin hits you for 80 pts of damage.

I ran frantically but I couldn't see anything. I had no idea which way I was going or where I even was. I wound up running into one of the doors of one of the inns and as I opened the door, I was killed.

THAT'S Classic EQ!

magusfire24
10-03-2019, 10:32 AM
My first time running from Freeport to East Commonlands. I could see NOTHING. All I remember is my combat text:

Orc Pawn tries to hit you, but misses.
Orc Pawn hits you for 1 pt of damage.
A black wolf tries to hit you, but misses.
Orc Pawn tries to his you, but misses.

Then, a new string of text was added after I heard an unfamiliar (but later would become VERY familiar) sound.

A griffin hits you for 80 pts of damage.

I ran frantically but I couldn't see anything. I had no idea which way I was going or where I even was. I wound up running into one of the doors of one of the inns and as I opened the door, I was killed.

THAT'S Classic EQ!

My first griffon. I was in East Commonlands. I sat down on the road to med as a ranger. I heard a loud flap flap! Then I was dead. Was like WTF! The griffon mowed me down without even slowing down. LOL

Deathrydar
10-03-2019, 10:37 AM
My first griffon. I was in East Commonlands. I sat down on the road to med as a ranger. I heard a loud flap flap! Then I was dead. Was like WTF! The griffon mowed me down without even slowing down. LOL

LoL! It probably didn't even noticed that it ate you. Just continues on its way. :P

Dolalin
10-03-2019, 11:11 AM
It shouldn't have Sol B:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2975046&postcount=99

DETZ
10-03-2019, 01:19 PM
It shouldn't have Sol B:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2975046&postcount=99

What you quoted specifically says:

"announcement about a new zone was wrong"

"the old Solusek B dungeon, ... has been renamed Nagafen's Lair"

Where did you find a reference to a new zone and not a renaming of an old zone?

Dolalin
10-03-2019, 01:54 PM
I think you're confused.

Solusek B from beta was renamed to Nagafen's Lair and was officially opened in May.

soronil
10-03-2019, 02:37 PM
What you quoted specifically says:

"announcement about a new zone was wrong"

"the old Solusek B dungeon, ... has been renamed Nagafen's Lair"

Where did you find a reference to a new zone and not a renaming of an old zone?

In the post he linked. You didn't bother reading the May 20, 1999 post (the very next paragraph).

"New Zone - Kelleton informed me that Aradune (aka Brad McQuaid) posted a system wide message last night around 1:30 EST informing players that a new zone called Nagafen's Layer is now operational."

Baler
10-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Mana Number
Heal Amount

Kapyong
10-03-2019, 03:10 PM
Thanks all,
Here is an updated list (I've left out things like no Kunark, Iksar, Velious, Planes etc.) :

No soul binding
No mail delivery quests
No maps
No compass window
No pet window
No tab target cycling
No moving spells in spellbook
No numbers for HP or mana
Only 6 hotbar buttons
Only 4 mob AE
Spell book meditate
No mouse wheel 3rd person (?)
Classic darkness (?)

Canelek
10-03-2019, 03:27 PM
You can probably just omit these from your list since they will not happen on this server:

No soul binding - you mentioned Luclin, so I am assuming this is a method to bind oneself as a melee.

No maps - Maps were PoP, eh?

No compass - Not sure when this was implemented, but I imagine it was post PoP or somesuch

Since this will only go to end of Velious, any post-Velious additions would be moot.

slowpoke68
10-03-2019, 07:42 PM
High level undead in Kithikor at night should not be in at launch. This wasn't added until Halloween of 1999.

cd288
10-04-2019, 12:10 PM
Where's the patch that says mail quests were added in May 1999? Looking at the patch notes, I don't see any from May 1999. I see one in June that says a number of quests were fixed or implemented. Are the mail quests part of that implementation? If so, that means we won't see them until January 2020.

Not sure where the Kithicor response came from. I don't see that in the official patch notes, but maybe it was mentioned somewhere else at the time or just not mentioned in an official capacity.

Anyway, I'm not sure if these will be reflected on Green launch or not, but this is a list of some things and what their status should be at launch, at least for a period of time, if we are going 100% classic. Each line item reflects the current state at launch prior to being patched, with the date of the patch in brackets (from April 1999 through April 2000).

- Fewer bandits in West Karana [changed 6/7]
- Longer respawn times in outdoor zones [changed 6/7]
- If a Bard's weapon procs, it stops the current song [changed 6/7]
- No auto-follow [changed 6/7]
- No pet report health command for the first like 3 months [changed 6/7]
- Fletching only produces 1 arrow at a time instead of 5 [changed 6/7]
- No pet taunt on/off command for like the first 5 months [changed 9/13]
- Level 44 and 49 pets do more damage than they did 5 months after launch [changed 9/13]
- I believe DoTs did full damage even if the mob was moving until 5 months after launch [changed 9/13]
- Necromancer Lich spells provide less mana [changed 9/22]
- Summoned food and/or water do not disappear upon logging out [changed 9/22]
- I don't think there was a rez timer on corpses for the first like 5 months [changed 9/28]
- No ability to re-organize spell book icons once scribed (lol) [changed 9/28]
- Can't place no drop items in the bank [changed 9/28]
- Exp and looting rights was apparently not determined based on damage initially [changed 9/28]
- No Temple of Sol Ro [added 10/13]
- No Plane of Sky [added 10/13/00]
- Tashan and Malise do not stack [changed 12/1]
- Screaming Terror makes mobs run away (when patched, it became more like an Enchanter's mez spell, which was huge for Necromancers) [changed 12/1]
- Pact of Shadow has a much shorter recast time (Necromancers were better healers at launch because of this) [changed 12/1]
- Splitpaw was apparently not a mid-level dungeon [changed 12/8]
- No Summon Corpse spells for Necromancers [added 12/14]
- Levitate useable in Plane of Sky [changed 2/3/00]
- No Paineel [added 2/17/00]
- Necromancer FD does not have a fixed duration [changed 2/17/00]
- No Rogue Evade skill [added 2/17/00]
- No ability for "Deadly Strikes" when Rogues throw weapons at a mob's back [changed 2/17/00]
- No deity restrictions on any items [changed 4/10/00]
- Pre-revamp Kerra Ridge [changed 4/10/00]
- You could bind in TD [changed 4/28/00]

Of course, there are a numbe rof things that didn't exist at launch that were changed much later, such as in Kunark area. Including epics of course (although I think Fiery Avenger gets added before that), increasing gate guard stats and bumping their respawn from 6 minutes to 20 minutes (huge impact on guard farming), adding the Hole, etc.

soronil
10-04-2019, 12:16 PM
Where's the patch that says mail quests were added in May 1999? Looking at the patch notes, I don't see any from May 1999.

There are no patch notes, but Nilbog took this as sufficient evidence:
https://groups.yahoo.com/api/v1/groups/eqbards/messages/2693?guccounter=1

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2968151&postcount=1

Dolalin
10-04-2019, 12:26 PM
The official patch notes aren't exhaustive. There's evidence of many, even almost daily patches after EQ launch, with their messages probably only appearing in the patcher .exe and nowhere else, if at all.

Lots of changes were made from March to June 1999 that are only evidenced by newsgroup and mailing list posts.

The Going Postal quests are one.

Lojik
10-04-2019, 12:54 PM
I saw someone post that kedge is not itemized, and solb is not in at launch? Are Vox or Phinigel in at launch? I'm assuming naggy isn't. Does kedge have named creatures just without items, or no named mobs either?

BlackBellamy
10-04-2019, 01:47 PM
- chat window not displaying DoT damage

Sinistria
10-08-2019, 02:30 PM
OMG... Just forgot the mde-book-thingi...

Shhhhhh better rethinking of making a wizard!?!?

solidious77
10-08-2019, 03:54 PM
I'm on board with whatever they do I suppose; but restricted to first-person mode is pretty lame. I understand the need to adhear to classic (especially when it comes to squelching the mass opinions) but damn -- anyone know how long that will last before we can use the mousewheel for first/third-person?

I looked at the patch notes and found the following listed for on: September 25, 2001 3:00 am (I'm not sure this would be the correct post or not however):

"Mouselook will now work a little differently when in the first two
third-person camera modes (overhead and chase). They will work similarly to first-person mouselook (i.e. your character's heading will change when you move the mouse left or right, the left and right movement keys will cause your player to strafe, and the camera angle will pitch up or down when you move the mouse forward or back). These changes should make those first two third-person camera modes more useful."

EDIT: Actually, as I re-read that, it sounds like the third-person camera views are accessible at launch, but just don't work with the mouse (so F9 views work I'm guessing).

Yikes -- if thats the patch that changes it, thats 1 year and 6 months into the game :'(

Cen
10-08-2019, 03:55 PM
You won't be able to click levitate off for the first eight months

Nagoya
10-08-2019, 07:31 PM
OMG... Just forgot the mde-book-thingi...

what's MDE-BOOK-THINGY?

if you're talking about not being able to swap spell slots, i can share my prep work on how i will organize my spellbook in the meantime ;)

supermonk
10-08-2019, 07:41 PM
dont you have to stare at your spellbook while medding? i remember this BS. on another note, i'ma be pretty pissed if there's only 1st person.

Deathrydar
10-08-2019, 08:22 PM
dont you have to stare at your spellbook while medding? i remember this BS. on another note, i'ma be pretty pissed if there's only 1st person.

You will have to have your book open but it will not be the full screen black out that it was back in 1999.

Glasken
10-08-2019, 10:17 PM
Also you wont be restricted to first person, you'll just have to hit F9 a lot to change the camera angle.

It's super slick and not at all clunky or unusable.

ah the good ol days. I can hear the cries now.

Sinistria
10-09-2019, 04:18 AM
what's MDE-BOOK-THINGY?

if you're talking about not being able to swap spell slots, i can share my prep work on how i will organize my spellbook in the meantime ;)

OMG... Just forgot the look-at-the-book-to-meditate-thingi...

mobile ate the rest and i didn't look over before posting :p

Sinistria
10-09-2019, 04:20 AM
You will have to have your book open but it will not be the full screen black out that it was back in 1999.

ah, ok.
That means the screen stays transparent and book just in the middle of the screen?

Deathrydar
10-09-2019, 06:48 AM
ah, ok.
That means the screen stays transparent and book just in the middle of the screen?

Correct!

beeshma_nameless
10-09-2019, 08:30 AM
I always played in 1st person (in classic, then kunark, velious on live) - and till today, I still prefer playing in 1st person mode (It feels more immersive to me) any MMORPG I play, though 3rd person is way more efficient/effective...

Quinas
10-09-2019, 09:32 AM
First person 4eva.

Not sure if it's more effective, though.

Baler
10-09-2019, 10:28 AM
Green wont have Hand Holding it's going to be hard. More so than people even think it will be. So hard in fact it will destroy the weaker players mentally. Possibly leaving them scarred to EQ or fleeing back to blue carebear land.

Kapyong
10-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Green wont have Hand Holding it's going to be hard. More so than people even think it will be. So hard in fact it will destroy the weaker players mentally. Possibly leaving them scarred to EQ or fleeing back to blue carebear land.

Yup.
EQ's key feature - it's HARD.
And Green will be fully EQ hard - not for everyone.

But oddly, that level of difficulty is what can make it so fun and addictive - the high level of challenge and risk makes the reward much sweeter.

Early EQ experiences were usually failures and stuff-ups and many deaths and mistakes. As a newbie the world was confusing and risky and dangerous.

Even the UI was more enemy than friend; various character limits and world glitches and even bugs had to be fought. Like Rangers rooting themselves, or using a sewing kit for inventory and ... whoops.

Some will spit the dummy and leave, but for some of us that difficulty and challenge lead us on - "OK, I stuffed that up badly, but NEXT time I will carefully do this, then that...". So killing your first level 1 rat is satisfying. Heck, just making it from Qeynos to Surefall Glade alive feels good !

And surviving the mail run from Qeynos to HH after half a dozen attempts is like climbing Everest !

Of course that difficulty made EQ so social because most activities needed help - a good group in a good place was an amazing experience. I spent 25 hours non-stop in HH to level to 20 in that goblin room downstairs - huge fun, so much coffee. Iron group discipline to avoid losing the spawns.

Lost my corpse once in a bad place - high level helped me, kept my things for 3 days and gave me a bonus too. I made sure to shout out how trusty and friendly he was. EQ had a community like no other. Looking forward to East Commons Tunnel trading.

My greatest moment was solo ranger kiting Crusader Zoglic for his regen breastplate - 15 minutes on the edge on my seat, hardly breathing, every sense alert, watching for wandering monsters, counting my spells, as I ran my kiting circle round and round. I got it first time ! So difficult, so proud.

Maybe tell all your (ex) Blizzard games friends about EQ Green :)

Deathrydar
10-09-2019, 03:02 PM
?

classic eq isn't a particularly challenging game. it requires a large time investment, but i wouldn't call it difficult really.

It is extremely difficult! You can barely solo anything and if you can, it is never easy. You lose experience and your corpse upon death. No fast travel.

What are you comparing it to where you believe its not difficult? Compared to every other MMORPG that ever existed, currently exists, and will exist, it is super difficult!

Sonark
10-09-2019, 04:21 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love EQ. But modern MMO raids are far more difficult than EQ raids from a skill-based perspective. EQ is "hard" in that it requires more of your time when you make a deadly mistake. These seem like very different things to me.I have said exactly this before, when people were really prone to go out of their way to talk about how easy EQ was now and how p99 is the only real way to play and much harder.

There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth, and no one actually conceded the point by saying "urrite" but I do notice people don't really do that around here anymore.

Thank you for your sanity

Deathrydar
10-09-2019, 04:55 PM
If ability to solo is what makes a game easy, does that mean every single player game is easy? The game was intended to be played with other people, so I don't see how it being geared toward group play is supposed to make it difficult. xp loss, corpse runs, slow travel... these things are all timesinks more than they are difficult gameplay.

I would say wow pvp is more difficult than anything a pve eq server has to offer. It takes practice and developed skill to work up to a decent level, on top of the usual MMO timesinks.

Don't get me wrong, I love EQ. But modern MMO raids are far more difficult than EQ raids from a skill-based perspective. EQ is "hard" in that it requires more of your time when you make a deadly mistake. These seem like very different things to me.

I disagree. The only point you made was that raiding is easy in EQ. I wouldn't know that as I have never raided in EQ. PvP in EQ is weak, which is why there are less than 25 players on the Red server at any given time. It does require more of your time, but I wish I could record every brand new player starting in EQ with their note and trying to find their guildmaster.

solidious77
10-09-2019, 06:42 PM
Green wont have Hand Holding it's going to be hard.

Starting fresh will make it more difficult because the lack of gear. This will force us to all play together rather than one trio owning half a dungeon etc etc. Taking away things like 3rd person view or the ability to re-arrange spells in a spellbook though -- are just non-logical, backward changes.

All the bandwagoners who adhear to pure classic are obviously not realizing that a ton of shit is not classic anymore. All of the exploit and bug fixes they fixed in blue such as invis pulling (obvious exploit for those who knew), AE up to only 4 targets (I believe Chardok AE grps is why they did this), the whole foot-race out of game mechanic rules they forced everyone into for raiding on blue to name a few. I'm sure theres been numerous pathing and los changes over the years -- they've been awesomly busy! I think I've read a few posts too of ppl being curious of how much CSR involvment there will be in the Green server and if VP will be FFA. Regardless, deviations are made for the greater good of everyones fun factor (Side rant: or not in a lot of cases.. i gotta say, being forced to use OBS and log everything so you can tattle-tale on another raiding guild who touched a mob after you touched it.. is fucking pathetically retarded and completly immersion-killing).

Anyway, I'm very in favor of the changes that will increase the skill ceiling, like no pet window or no tab targeting (regardless of classic or not). These will really just be an adjustment and after so long in EQ, it might be neat expierence to not have these and then play through the changes as they're introduced.

Its the no third-person mode though that is a sure fun factor killer for me. Its pretty standard these days that an MMO would use a third-person camera as it does currently on P99 Blue. While it may have been designed at launch to be first-person, as its no longer 1999, I think we can all admit that the gameplay is pretty ugly in first-person -- the left/right turns blasting past massive pixels is surely going to cause numerous headaches after hours of gameplay.

I do see a good counter argument that first-person might increase the immersion, being locked into seeing what only your toon would see, but even then, its just kinda lame to not see your whole posse in action and other people in the world around you

I mean shit, if we want to go true classic then we better be forced to be looking stright-down at the ground and nowhere else; cause i remember my computer exploading if i looked up in classic EQ..

Kapyong
10-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Its the no third-person mode though that is a sure fun factor killer for me.

Some mis-understanding there I think :)

Apparently there WILL be 3rd person view,
BUT only with F9 key, not the handy mouse-wheel scroll-out.

solidious77
10-09-2019, 06:49 PM
I dont think mouselook will work though - so no moving left/right or panning around etc.

I think its pretty much just the static F9 viewpoints, or am I misunderstanding? (I hope i am haha)

kaev
10-09-2019, 08:21 PM
I dont think mouselook will work though - so no moving left/right or panning around etc.

That would be wrong. I learned to use mouselook playing EQ, it was there from the start (or at least from July 1999 when I started playing.) Part of EQ's attraction from the point of view of the friend who got me into the game was it's use of fps-style controls which he was already familiar with.

stewe
10-12-2019, 03:13 AM

Calling people carebears cause they dont think like you is so grade school level but lets get to the point here, if anyone seriously thinks green is going to be hard they are kidding themselves, classic was hard cause it was new, people didnt know what quests to do, what BiS gear there was, what camps to farm, how to break some camps, etc, etc. We have 20 years of knowledge that makes classic pretty trivial, so hard green will not be, but it can still be fun if ppl just enjoy the ride and not expect this is to be as hard as real classic actually was, lets be real there are gonna be high levels with BiS gear in the first month maybe in week of the server til planes open up

Greymantle
10-12-2019, 05:05 AM
I read somewhere that Splitpaw with this client isn't a low-level dungeon is this true? I was going to start in Qeynos this time but if true will pass.

Tenlaar
10-12-2019, 09:00 AM
Calling people carebears cause they dont think like you is so grade school level but lets get to the point here, if anyone seriously thinks green is going to be hard they are kidding themselves, classic was hard cause it was new, people didnt know what quests to do, what BiS gear there was, what camps to farm, how to break some camps, etc, etc. We have 20 years of knowledge that makes classic pretty trivial, so hard green will not be, but it can still be fun if ppl just enjoy the ride and not expect this is to be as hard as real classic actually was, lets be real there are gonna be high levels with BiS gear in the first month maybe in week of the server til planes open up

The guy that you quoted pretty clearly has an entirely unhealthy amount of his identity wrapped up in thinking that he is an EQ master beyond all others. I feel like he unironically says "get on my level" in his own head a lot.

Supreme
10-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Even the launch of p99 was remarkable and tons of bugs which made it really feel like classic..

Yuuvy The Destroyer
10-13-2019, 01:59 PM
You won't be able to click levitate off for the first eight months

Should not be able to click off any buffs.

SunDrake
10-14-2019, 02:36 AM
I read somewhere that Splitpaw with this client isn't a low-level dungeon is this true? I was going to start in Qeynos this time but if true will pass.

By this do you mean Splitpaw 1.0, with mobs under 20? Or Infected Paw 1.5 with mobs in the 30s? Or Infected Paw 2.0 with elemental mobs 64-70? I cannot imagine with all the emphasis on making things classic that the original would not be in place until the time that the the Splitpaw get overrun. Seems like a huge oversight if not.

DMN
10-14-2019, 04:34 AM
By this do you mean Splitpaw 1.0, with mobs under 20? Or Infected Paw 1.5 with mobs in the 30s? Or Infected Paw 2.0 with elemental mobs 64-70? I cannot imagine with all the emphasis on making things classic that the original would not be in place until the time that the the Splitpaw get overrun. Seems like a huge oversight if not.

It's not an oversight. They'd certainly do it if they had enough information to reasonably recreate the original.

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder
10-14-2019, 05:10 AM
i think once people realize how careful they have to play it it won't be as bad as they think (Bad but not terrible)

People will throw themselves at wisps forgetting they dont have magic weapons.

People will run kithicor at night thinking its fuck all and die in the middle.

People will try taking on even cons and die.

Then it will all come back to them and they will group, trade and carry on as normal.

For me i think the craziest thing will be shit like bards being paid to express train people places on /follow through the karanas etc because its still a load faster than a) waiting for one of the few druids/wizards to turn up (because bet they go ANON real quick when they get ports) b) safer than running it alone

EC tunnel is going to be glorious. I think its great on blue after seeing it on live. I almost go a lump in my throat seeing EC tunnel empty on live. LIke seeing a memorial :|

Tecmos Deception
10-14-2019, 09:19 AM

Nobody is going to have "BiS gear" in a week or a month. Lol.

And you don't have the standard definition of the word "hard" if you don't think green will be hard. If it doesn't seem hard for you, it's just because you are good at it and/or play with people who are good at it. The bottom 1/2 (or more) of the bell curve of "eq playing ability" will be frustrated with the length of the grind, the difficulty of naked CRs, the challenge of playing with no twinking or high-level buffs or click clerics logged off nearby (or fucking ANY clerics who can rez AT ALL, for that matter), the push out of blue's standard leveling zones in order to find a camp, the classic-er UI and other features, etc.

Shooting three pointers is hard. Kicking 35-yard field goals is hard. Ice skating is hard. Green will be hard. Just because some folks can do these things well doesn't mean they aren't hard; it just means that those people are good at the activity. 9/10 people you walk up to on the street are probably shitty at all of these things. We are the super tiny minority of people who have still been playing (or at least are still going to play) classic eq in 2019, and a lot of us STILL die a lot, ragequit because of a CR, are afraid of playing in dungeons, play bards lazy mode, don't know a lot of specific mechanics in the game despite easy access to wikis and forum searches, etc.

Baler
10-16-2019, 07:35 PM
one copper

roboshaman
10-19-2019, 04:10 PM
consent should let you loot the other player's corpse. Disarm should place the item from a PC/NPC to your cursor. I don't have evidence just remember these things vividly

Salted Nut
10-19-2019, 04:38 PM
consent should let you loot the other player's corpse. Disarm should place the item from a PC/NPC to your cursor. I don't have evidence just remember these things vividly

They aren't including bugs man.

heazels
10-19-2019, 06:22 PM
It won't have real newbies.

larper99
10-19-2019, 08:51 PM
Just found out that spiderling silk doesn't stack. That...... is going to make leveling tailoring much harder.

Treehorn
10-19-2019, 11:57 PM
no moving spells in your spell book

I haven't heard anything about this, but it would be the one change that would make me seriously consider not playing. I'm OCD AF about my spell slots.

1 chat window

They ruled this out -- too hard to implement it for the players and not for the guides.

douglas1999
10-20-2019, 01:33 AM
Can't find proper documentation but I definitely remember that warriors did not have berserker frenzy functionality at launch. They added it in some patch relatively early but I don't remember exactly when.

joradthepally
10-20-2019, 11:11 AM
I honestly can't wait for all the people who say Classic EQ isn't hard to fall in the lava in soldungb LOLOL (have fun getting that corpse without a high level necro or sk)

Steelthorn
10-20-2019, 04:21 PM
Just found out that spiderling silk doesn't stack. That...... is going to make leveling tailoring much harder.

The silk doesn't... but the swatches do. But yeah, the initial gathering will be inventory slaying.

Kapyong
10-20-2019, 04:55 PM

Spoolie Gee to the rescue :)