PDA

View Full Version : C/D: Will STAMINA DRAIN Be Functional?

Vizax_Xaziv
10-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Do we have any Confirmation or Denial in regards to stamina-drain being functional on G99?

This would be absolutely fantastic and have actual, MECHANICAL, GAMEPLAY altering changes!

loramin
10-01-2019, 07:32 PM
In the past Stamina has proved impossible to do right with the Titanium client. I'd imagine the staff would love to have classic stamina on Green, but to my knowledge it's something that not even the expert decompilers have ever managed to crack, and so I wouldn't count on it.

Vizax_Xaziv
10-01-2019, 07:35 PM
In the past Stamina has proved impossible to do right with the Titanium client. I'd imagine the staff would love to have classic stamina on Green, but to my knowledge it's something that not even the expert decompilers have ever managed to crack, and so I wouldn't count on it.

Yea this also my understanding of the situation as well. I was HOPING they'd maybe found some kinda workaround for this over the years

ldgo86
10-01-2019, 07:47 PM
How did the Titanium client mess it up so badly? I mean, it just does nothing at this point right? Or does p99 not use it because it’s so not classic?

Danth
10-01-2019, 07:50 PM
How did the Titanium client mess it up so badly? I mean, it just does nothing at this point right? Or does p99 not use it because it’s so not classic?

It's because the Titanium client dates from after stamina was changed to endurance, which is basically melee mana. The new system shared essentially nothing in common with the old except for the color of the bar and the old code was removed. If you're wondering why they used the Titanium client, I don't think the reason is any more complicated than that's what EQ-Emulator used more generally in 2008-2009.

Edit for Kaev: stamina was changed to Endurance around winter 2003/early 2004. I quit before Titanium was released so I imagine our client must date from about 2005/2006-ish.

Danth

kaev
10-01-2019, 07:51 PM
Endurance was a different mechanic than the classic stamina mechanic, although there was some overlap. I don't recall when they changed mechanics, post-Luclin for sure as the Centi Longsword was fairly desirable for casual and low-budget twink warriors due to its light weight.

ldgo86
10-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys! I had always wondered about this

Chortles Snort|eS
10-01-2019, 08:21 PM
CT mE hoPE sO!