PDA

View Full Version : Preventing the Next Macequest

Modus
10-01-2019, 01:07 AM
Life is going to suck if tab targeting is removed

This game is now unplayable!

Damn, it's a joke right? ... But this patch simply means that I just can't play anymore ... It's just not viable...

I'm 100% certain... I didn't target anything with my mouse from 1999-2004

this sucks a lot.. i just made an enchanter,,, now im deciding which game to play next

Well pathing is a complete clusterfuck and shit always falls through the floor and hits you through the ceiling but LETS MAKE TARGETING HARDER WOOHOO!!

Almost no one wants this.

I want to keep playing, but I can't force myself to participate when a cascade of changes are made

removing things that players enjoy because of 'classic' is absurd

I'm not going to play for a while, hopefully they'll change their minds and revert it back... you're too sad for me to punch down at anyway.

It's just a lot of extra, wasted clicks. The devs want us all to have carpal tunnel syndrome.

I mean honestly I'm more mad about the hotbars... they went and removed our ability to use our keyboard

With your announcement of the very last patch... you all broke the game... Been a hell of a fun time till this show of disdain for loyalty. Peace out.

Pretty silly thing to remove after 10 years. Like a big giant "fuck you"

This hotbar shit was a horrible change that honestly ruined the game for me. I've played this server on and off for years and I don't think I'll ever log back in again.

They just want us on green to they can close red and blue and be done. It's no where close to classic. Since 2000 we had a pet window. It's time we go. They dont care.

Well done, guys. What an improved experience for everyone. Definitely don't waste any time fucking fixing spells that have been broken for the better part of a decade when you can spend your presumably finite life making things shitty.

I can personally live with one hotbar (have done the whole time) but now the pet window has gone... game killing. I guess my Everquest days are over.

The no pet bar... It is what it is, and I'm enjoying wow classic.

Gratz you made the game more classic and also worse. I hope it isnt the objective for your lives as well.

Yes we can all find ways around things with this recent patch, but my question is why? It's like I have to use a Google search to find my macro buttons now... It just was a real rug puller

server is gay and staff is retarded / obese

Enough is enough.

It's nigh time we implemented Norrathian Red Flag laws on Project99.

Dispatch the Freeport Militia to disarm these troubled individuals of their Swiftblades and Polished Tomahawks before the unthinkable happens (again).

Rogaine and Nilbored, this is your chance to act.

Mblake81
10-01-2019, 03:04 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ADuTjho.jpg

Coridan
10-01-2019, 03:48 AM
Did they remove tab target? I know I usually used the mouse to target npcs during classic but it was because I was using numpad plus mouse for everything except chatting. I thought target nearest npc was always a hot key though, it was just bound to F7 or something.

soronil
10-01-2019, 06:12 AM
Did they remove tab target? I know I usually used the mouse to target npcs during classic but it was because I was using numpad plus mouse for everything except chatting. I thought target nearest npc was always a hot key though, it was just bound to F7 or something.

There's a difference between "target nearest npc" and "cycle through nearby NPCs" . They only nurfed the latter (and only on green, unnurfed on blue). Half the people bitching about it probably don't know these things though.

AbstractVision
10-01-2019, 06:31 AM
Say what you want but the word is getting out that green is coming.. just look at the server population recently.

https://i.imgur.com/pP6KzYD.png

Rooj
10-01-2019, 07:32 AM
I've found the removal of cycle tab targeting interesting, I've been wondering when it was added. Probably pretty late.
I'd like a toggle all bags key though :(

I've always been on the fence about how much Classic to keep in projects like this. On one hand, we have an opportunity to re-experience the past, but to make that re-experience even better than it was before. On the other hand, the P99 team has done their best to replicate the experience 1:1, and they've been slowly removing features for like 10 years now. Soooo it shouldn't come as a surprise when things like this get removed. Personally I'm still dying for the old original classic viewport UI, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible while using the Titanium client.

I think a lot of people have a different vision for a Classic EQ server, and many would prefer to see QoL adjustments and features. Buuut this isn't our project so it's not really up to us. I'm still going to play anyway - it's hilarious sometimes to play on Classic MMO servers and see just how many out of era features there are - and how often people have become so accustomed to them that they've forgotten what the game was really like back then.

Deathrydar
10-01-2019, 08:01 AM
I don't have a problem with one server being one way and the other another way. If they want to keep this stuff on blue, that's fine.

Buuuuuuuuuuut...

The original vision of this project is clear! This project is to recreate EverQuest as it was from 1999-2002.

The people that got upset yesterday about such a trivial change, are the same people responsible for expansions such as SoL and PoP.

I just do not understand, for the life of me, why you would come play on a server that is known to be recreating the classic-era EQ experience, and then get mad that the devs actually give you that experience. That makes me believe that this population is not on the same page.

I don't have answers, but I do know that our population may be "split".

Split between those that want the classic era EQ experience
And
Between those that get used to quality of life changes and then do everything in their power to hold on to them, even if it means that the project can no longer reach it's original goal.

I mean, did you see the outcry yesterday over tab cycling being taken out? I have never seen anything so simple and so trivial become such a big thing for players that act like they enjoyed EverQuest for what it was back in the day. People were threatening to quit lol.

It's not a totally bad thing though.

I was very concerned about how crowded green will be. But now I realize that it may be crowded for the first few days, but the players that whined about something as simple as Tab cycling will not be able to hack green and will go back to blue.

But that's not really a good thing either.

I am not saying that green players are more superior to blue players or anything like that. I am saying that the people that whined yesterday about such a trivial feature being removed are the "you think you do, but you don't" crew. They only want the classic EQ experience, but on their own terms, not on the actual era's terms!

This could prove to be detrimental to the entire project's movement, as players may drop off of green due to a lower population, or it may happen vice versa on blue. Or it could happen on both. I understand why Rogean flipped the tab cycling back, but I also understand that once you start catering to the loudest whiners in the room, they start to dictate everything that you do and they whine about every change they don't agree with.

It's kinda like, if you always give your child something when they cry, they will always cry until you give it to them. I witnessed this same thing yesterday, and it is concerning.

All in all, we will have to wait to see what the outcome will be with this. Hopefully it all works out. All I want to do is experience classic EverQuest with a group of folks that love it as much as I do. But now I am not sure who those folks are....

AbstractVision
10-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Wordy but well said.

Fammaden
10-01-2019, 11:05 AM
I'm at the point where I won't mind if this stuff keeps some people off green. Vanilla is likely to be strained for content to go around already. Obviously I don't mean like 50 people, but I really don't see that happening. But some of the predictions for 3k+ primetime population on green would have been unsustainable in every way.

I know we are expecting a big launch but what happens longer term remains to be seen. Everyone seems to have been predicting the death of blue, but now more than ever I'm not sure that will be the case. I've thought for a while that blue could just as likely have ended up being the ghost town, or that the population might just end up literally split.

I think the split maybe could be a real possibility if blue retains the QoL stuff. An even distribution of 500 to 1k on each server at primetime might not be the worst result for everyone's gameplay experience.

Danth
10-01-2019, 11:28 AM
I just do not understand, for the life of me, why you would come play on a server that is known to be recreating the classic-era EQ experience, and then get mad that the devs actually give you that experience.

I do understand. It's not about classic EQ for some folks. They want to play on a server that has a functional population. After all, the servers that have the features those folks ask for are all underpopulated wastelands. Gee, wonder why that might be? Yet they never learn. Another poster called that mentality a plague and I think he was right: It's pointless to try to argue with it or educate it, it simply does its thing, wreaks its havoc, then moves on to a fresh host with no ability to comprehend it's responsible for the constant destruction it causes.

Danth

Deathrydar
10-01-2019, 11:49 AM
I do understand. It's not about classic EQ for some folks. They want to play on a server that has a functional population. After all, the servers that have the features those folks ask for are all underpopulated wastelands. Gee, wonder why that might be? Yet they never learn. Another poster called that mentality a plague and I think he was right: It's pointless to try to argue with it or educate it, it simply does its thing, wreaks its havoc, then moves on to a fresh host with no ability to comprehend it's responsible for the constant destruction it causes.

Danth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aezikcoCr4o

Arvan
10-01-2019, 11:51 AM
For everyone who whined about cycle nearest target being removed:

It was from a 2004 patch

Blue is supposed to be on Nov 2001 patch

Deathrydar
10-01-2019, 11:55 AM
For everyone who whined about cycle nearest target being removed:

It was from a 2004 patch

Blue is supposed to be on Nov 2001 patch

We proved that to them. They don't care. They want their quality of life stuff and they don't care about the actual classic vision of the server

Arvan
10-01-2019, 11:57 AM
We proved that to them. They don't care. They want their quality of life stuff and they don't care about the actual classic vision of the server

:eek:

Mblake81
10-01-2019, 01:52 PM
I've found the removal of cycle tab targeting interesting, I've been wondering when it was added. Probably pretty late.
I'd like a toggle all bags key though :(

I've always been on the fence about how much Classic to keep in projects like this.

The period we are in can only have two bags opened at the same time. Also that would be a classic inspired server.

Bazia
10-02-2019, 07:54 AM
hit me up when they remove item linking to chat and you have to look in peoples bags to see their items like in the CLASSIC ec tunnel

can you imagine the tears

Fammaden
10-02-2019, 07:59 AM
hit me up when they remove item linking to chat and you have to look in peoples bags to see their items like in the CLASSIC ec tunnel

can you imagine the tears

Based on what we've seen so far:

1. I won't be surprised if this ends up enforced on green.

2. I also won't be surprised if blue is let off the hook and gets to keep it.

BlackBellamy
10-02-2019, 10:03 AM
100% sure item linking is staying

it prevents fraud and lessens drain on CSR resources

DRAGONBAIT
10-02-2019, 11:40 AM
i remember lots of stats of items from back in the day cos i had to write them over an over on the chat to sell and trafe stuff. irc item linking came with luclin, not before

FishBait01
10-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Very important thread, A+

FishBait01
10-02-2019, 12:41 PM
dat centi longsword