PDA

View Full Version : To those who really really want classic.

tsuchang
09-30-2019, 11:46 PM
To those who really really want classic.
Do you use the wiki at all? NOT classic
Do you use the guides at all? NOT classic
When you make a new character do you just use the drops to equip your new character? That's classic.

fortior
10-01-2019, 12:04 AM
sorry you won't be able to easily cycle through targets :(

AbstractVision
10-01-2019, 01:41 AM
Wiki = allakhazam
Guides = allakhazam
Using the drops you find = Auld Lang Syne / No Time To Rez

Yes, yes, and yes.

Jimjam
10-01-2019, 02:14 AM
I have a web plug in that reformats wiki to look like eqmaps.

Gustoo
10-01-2019, 02:44 AM
Eqlizer.net

Casters realm
Rangers Glade

Name some more folks.

This stuff wasn't fully populated in 1999 but by 2k it was filling out completely with like 30k people adding pro tips.

Unfortunately we can't replicate that awesome experience.

pink grapefruit
10-01-2019, 03:30 AM
the concert hall and eqdiva were the bard class sites i used.

Izmael
10-01-2019, 04:52 AM
everlore
thesafehouse
graffe
eqclerics

Secrets
10-01-2019, 05:29 AM
Complaining on the forums about the game? CLASSIC!

soronil
10-01-2019, 06:01 AM
When you make a new character do you just use the drops to equip your new character? That's classic.

Um, that's a large reason green server will likely have a larger population than blue server. You stay over on blue please with the rest of the "panties in a twist society"(henceforth PIATS)

Aaramis
10-01-2019, 06:07 AM
Yep, we all used class forums (Graffe, Safehouse, Steel Warrior, Ranger's Glade, EQDiva, etc). Plus EQMaps, Allaķhazam, and these very forums.

Not much has changed, to be honest.

Fammaden
10-01-2019, 06:33 AM
People: "I agree with the team, the software should behave as similarly to the original game as they can get it"

OP Types: "SO WHY DON'T YOU USE A 28.8 MODEM AND A CRT MONITOR SMART GUY??????"

Regular People: "...."

Deathrydar
10-01-2019, 06:49 AM
The OP is mad cause everyone found out how soft he is because they had to complain, HARCORE, to get the tab cycling to stay in the game.

Some players can hack classic EQ, some cannot. Be prepared to see a lot more whining in the days leading up to green's launch!

zaneosak
10-01-2019, 09:09 AM
We had allakhazam pretty early on in EQs life span, I don't see how the wiki is any different execpt that it's a wiki style site that was well after. I had EQAtlas and Allakhazam bookmarks all over the place when I was playing EQ in 2000.

Deathrydar
10-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Not sure how this double posted. Sorry!

Palemoon
10-01-2019, 09:27 AM
Eqlizer.net

Casters realm
Rangers Glade

Name some more folks.

This stuff wasn't fully populated in 1999 but by 2k it was filling out completely with like 30k people adding pro tips.

Unfortunately we can't replicate that awesome experience.

Oh man, was it the "Knights Watch" for the sk's? required reading back in the day.

Deathrydar
10-01-2019, 09:31 AM
Oh man, was it the "Knights Watch" for the sk's? required reading back in the day.

The old Brady guide doesn't have one for Shadow Knights. They have lots of others though. I guess Shadow Knights were just as rare back then as well.....even though I played one back then.

Halfcell
10-01-2019, 09:36 AM
graffe

This.

Graffe's was the best classic EQ site ever. The huge community of wizards on there are what truly got me hooked on EQ.

Daldaen
10-01-2019, 10:00 AM
If you think I don’t have Everlore, Eqlizier, Allkahazam, EQCasters, and EQTraders waybacks archived, you are mistaken.

If you think I don’t have a binder of EQAtlas maps printed out, you’re also mistaken.

If you think I haven’t continued to spell book med from level 5 to level 110 on Live, you are also mistaken.

Just because you find some classic changes outrageous doesn’t mean no one enjoys them. This is the only server dedicated to era correct changes, and I’m glad for that. No where else will you be able to experience a 6-slot hotbar on classic launch and forced book medding.

I am sad that entire screen covering spellbook meditating can not be enforced on green however.

Shourty
10-01-2019, 10:20 AM
OP probably got a chuckle out of the responses.

Jimjam
10-01-2019, 10:31 AM
This.

Graffe's was the best classic EQ site ever. The huge community of wizards on there are what truly got me hooked on EQ.

Just last week i learnt 'wizard' is slang for 30 year old virgin male. Made me giggle reading the above post!

azaya
10-01-2019, 06:28 PM
People: "I agree with the team, the software should behave as similarly to the original game as they can get it"

OP Types: "SO WHY DON'T YOU USE A 28.8 MODEM AND A CRT MONITOR SMART GUY??????"

Regular People: "...."

Lol I think I still have my old windows 95 pentium PC, tricked out with an NVIDIA NV1 graphics card/Viewtronic 100 pound CRT, original PS/2 rubber ball light wheel mouse, add-on sound blaster card and might even have a ventrilo server i could boot up and use with a crappy headset with 1 speaker on the side (oh wait that was Luclin era) never mind on vent/headset.

Unfortunately, while I still have my Usrobotics 56k modem, I no longer have a phone line in my house to plug it into :/ -- though you can simulate the connection issues by using an old 10base-t network and a bad terminating resistor to slow it down a bit.

--
But more seriously, while I am personally ok with these changes to get the full on classic experience, I had been pushing this to friends - who mostly signed on to play for their first time ever - only to say their not so hot on the idea now that the QoL features are being nerfed. So I am sad about that, but like I said, it won't stop me from playing anyway.

Vormotus
10-01-2019, 07:17 PM
Only barged in to say no on mentioned the awesome Monkly Business website back in the day, only place I spent hours trying to figure out how to make my monk the "best" and be "leet"

aspomwell
10-01-2019, 07:20 PM
eqnecro.com!

Vizax_Xaziv
10-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Honestly, I'll be MORE than happy with whatever "version of Classic" we end up getting. I love the IDEA of all this super-old-school stuff (blind-book-medding, massive hybrid penalties, etc etc etc) but those are some majorly rose-tinted glasses right there!

I'd simply be lying to myself if I said that stuff wouldn't get old in about a DAY worth of playing.

kaluppo
10-01-2019, 09:44 PM
Back in the day I used eqclerics, druidsgrove, eqmaps, ect. So to say wiki isn't classic is just not accurate. I used internet cheats back then so to use wiki is the same result with a different url.

The big difference for me is that I don't have a super crappy computer with a dialup modem hooked to my phone line. So not seeing this on my screen is truly not classic:

YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED!

:D

Barkingturtle
10-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Fully intend to lobotomize myself October 24th so I don't spoil my Classic experience by utilizing my foul hax memory.

tsuchang
10-01-2019, 10:04 PM
OP probably got a chuckle out of the responses.

Yup.

BlackBellamy
10-01-2019, 11:10 PM
On the day Kunark goes live, one out ten players will not be able to play for up to one week. This simulates shipping difficulties with the original Kunark CDs.

Jimjam
10-02-2019, 02:09 AM
The thing is this probect has been going for ten years.

This was plenty of time to make a baby and have it grow up to be the dumb, impressionable kid you were when you first started eq.

I vote we all get our EQ virgin kids to play in place of us so they can have a truely classic experience.

They'll all probably hand in their pvp books and think its a GoT skinned fortnite!

Mblake81
10-02-2019, 07:41 AM
They'll all probably hand in their pvp books and think its a GoT skinned fortnite!

:eek::confused::o:(:mad: