PDA

View Full Version : Who else is doing a speed run char?

Jadian
09-30-2019, 12:46 PM
I'm thinking I'll probably speed run a mage to 50 for fun and farming purposes before I make my actual grouping/raiding green toon. I know I'm not the only one planning on it, so who else is speed running their first char?

Hit me up if you wanna coordinate (I'm down to turn it into a duo or trio) or share "get ahead of the pack" strats. Feel free to share them in thread if you don't think it'll compromise the ability to get it done. I'm curious what other people think is the quickest path to 50 in classic. (the other thread had a lot of "casual" opinions, this is purely for speed running purposes)

I've done the server start race on Sullon, Discord, blue 99, and red 99, and for some reason it's fun to me still :D

Tyronius of Midnight
09-30-2019, 12:48 PM
I will be enjoying my journey. Events like these come once every 10 years.

Hope this helps.

Deathrydar
09-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Not me. Taking my time. Perhaps a long time, to level. Gonna savor it all and group with good peeps. I am even going to make it a point to have a day where I just help lower level players and nothing else!

Jadian
09-30-2019, 12:55 PM
I'll see you guys in groups on my second char, I'm not gonna twink it out crazy or anything so you'll never even know ;)

Tyronius of Midnight
09-30-2019, 12:56 PM
I choose not to group with 'twinks', nor any other race other than my own.

Aaramis
09-30-2019, 12:56 PM
My "speed run" is the equivalent of most people's "slow as f***" speed.

So, yeah, sure. I'll be speed running.

Jadian
09-30-2019, 12:58 PM
I choose not to group with 'twinks', nor any other race other than my own.

Annnnd I already wish this was a pvp server

Sigh.

El-Hefe
09-30-2019, 12:59 PM
Enjoying the journey.

Blue server is nothing but speed runs.

Tyronius of Midnight
09-30-2019, 01:03 PM

Sigh.

Provoke me not, for you will see nothing but a void of darkness in your wake.

Nirgon
09-30-2019, 01:04 PM

Sigh.

We implore Lord Nilbog of House Spaghetti Spine to implement /guildwar and will gladly see you in combat after, be it arcane or otherwise.

Best wishes.

Jadian
09-30-2019, 01:09 PM
I remember doing a guild war on Vallon Zek (because each guild had multiple races)

One of the most fun times I've had on live. Also sounds like where your silly pure race role playing guild belonged ;)

Rogean
09-30-2019, 01:13 PM
Did someone already make a thread with discussion on guessing how long it will take for the first 50 o.O.

If not.. discuss.

Nirgon
09-30-2019, 01:18 PM
Put in guildwar so DMO can discipline this heathen and any who would associate with him

Simple enough to do a check if guilds are at war on hostile action? Naw?

Should have a start and end date iirc as optional params

/Guildwar 30 etc

Jadian
09-30-2019, 01:23 PM
Did someone already make a thread with discussion on guessing how long it will take for the first 50 o.O.

If not.. discuss.

I made mention of that and tried to differentiate this post at least a bit. You can axe it if I didn't accomplish that enough, it's been derailed immediately anyway.

Nirgon
09-30-2019, 01:25 PM
Please allow us to dispose of this trash properly, Emperor Rogean. He will learn to stay his heathen tongue.

Gustoo
09-30-2019, 01:49 PM
I think there will be a level 50 in 7 days of server open.

Definitely in 14 days.

Probably a druid played by a guild so that druid can PL the rest of their toons.

Its not classic but I would be totall down for a level cap that raises slowly over time to keep this from happening, or beneficial spell limitations.

Max level 20 for first week, 30 for second, 40 for third, 50 for fourth.

I just had to throw that out there to derail.

Jadian
09-30-2019, 02:02 PM
Seems more on topic than the rest of the responses. I don't disagree much with your assessments, although raiding for a while is literally just Phinny, Naggy, and Vox, so PLing a whole guild for those three targets seems like a waste and I figure any guild would be more incentivized to stay raiding on blue (but maybe not)

If I was going in with a guild I'd probably just level a main tank or cleric the good old fashioned way.

Fammaden
09-30-2019, 02:10 PM
They can log over to blue and batphone stuff still anyway. The green raid targets would be just a welcome source extra stuff to do every week, if any of the top raid guilds are actually planning to tackle both servers concurrently.

Vexenu
09-30-2019, 02:18 PM
The nice thing about the staggered content releases of the Green timeline is that it is actually quite tight as far as raiding goes. Raiding guilds on Green will only have a few months to tackle content before more new content is released. This means it will be very difficult for a guild to concentrate on gearing up its players and raiding on Green if they are also highly active on Blue. There just isn't enough time. Any guild that splits their attention across two servers will end up uncompetitive on both.

dekova
09-30-2019, 02:28 PM
I've been waiting a looooong time for the opportunity to play classic EQ on a fresh server. You enjoy your speedrun, I'm gonna enjoy my leisurely stroll.

Baler
09-30-2019, 02:43 PM
This is where real champions rest
http://wiki.project1999.com/Green_(2019)_Server_Firsts

Lojik
09-30-2019, 02:53 PM

Definitely in 14 days.

Probably a druid played by a guild so that druid can PL the rest of their toons.

Its not classic but I would be totall down for a level cap that raises slowly over time to keep this from happening, or beneficial spell limitations.

Even if not a level cap, maybe nerf quest xp for a few weeks? There's probably still some quests exploitable that haven't come to light. And high keep xp needs to be nerfed: outdoor zone, vendors in zone, melee can bind, fs loot, guards to run to, turn in xp items with turn in in zone... Why the hell does this zone have the highest zem?

AbstractVision
09-30-2019, 03:06 PM
There is documented evidence from the google newsgroups that certain quest NPCs were disabled on new servers that were released. So technically classic. /shrug

Wallicker
09-30-2019, 03:48 PM
Whichever pet class makes it to highkeep ahead of the pack and can dedicated 24hrs of straight gameplay... I’d guess some neckbeard hits 50 in less than 5 days

Danth
09-30-2019, 03:55 PM

Food for thought: Those rocket-leveling casters are folks who'll be supplying the initial wave of bronze armor/etc to get the economy going. As such I'm fine with their presence--they have their place in the world, too. I don't want to be a tank wearing ringmail or banded into the mid 30's.

Danth

Maker_Mayhem
09-30-2019, 08:12 PM
Hey Jadian -- I have been doing solo "speed runs" on blue since 2014 since a dev told me about green. I just didn't know it was 5 years away lol! And likewise, I have done speed runs across multiple TLP servers since then as well (which for the most part, the strategy doesn't change too much it just happens a lot quicker and in some cases, easier).

But I would like to extend you an invite to the guild I have been putting together for several weeks. We have a couple "speed/power groups" formed already and more forming. Most of us have taken off several days from work and look to push as far and as hard as we can as a guild.

Let me know if this would interest you :)

Wurl
09-30-2019, 08:18 PM

Definitely in 14 days.

Love this, didn't some server do this recently?