PDA

View Full Version : Moving spells in spellbook? (potential warning for green spell casters)

DMN
09-29-2019, 10:14 PM
So is this a titanium locked "feature" or will we be busting out some vanilla vaseline?

This is a big deal for any would be casters on green, by the way, especially classes that tend to do a lot of spell swapping. You'll thank me later for the warning.

Modwolf
09-29-2019, 10:22 PM
So I should plan out my spell book now? Sounds fun actually.

Fammaden
09-29-2019, 10:36 PM
At this point if you don't start planning out your spell book pages from level one, do you even caster bro?

I saw that patch note too, so yeah in green we may have to deal with our poor choices of spell placement for a while. Organize pre-emptively or get ready to flip some pages.

soronil
09-29-2019, 10:53 PM
At this point if you don't start planning out your spell book pages from level one, do you even caster bro?

I saw that patch note too, so yeah in green we may have to deal with our poor choices of spell placement for a while. Organize pre-emptively or get ready to flip some pages.

Which patch notes? Can you link?? I don't remember not being able to move spells in vanilla but that was a long time ago.

Natewest1987
09-29-2019, 10:55 PM
Any recommendations on this process ? I’m so used to being able to swap things. I usually try to keep spells of similar type together, but I think the ideal situation personally would be to start further back in the book that way my relevant spells end up in the first few pages. Idk. Thoughts ?

DMN
09-29-2019, 11:47 PM
Which patch notes? Can you link?? I don't remember not being able to move spells in vanilla but that was a long time ago.

it was like 5-6 months after release if i recall right. It seemed like forever, though. I even knew about it from beta and still fucked up my first 20-30 levels of spells on my first character. guess a bit too excited about finally getting to play a character I could keep.

Haloren
09-30-2019, 05:05 PM
Definitely was a thing a couple of months into the game, they added the ability to re-arrange the spellbook. For an OCD player that itch got SCRATCHED. Couldn't find anything in the patch notes or searches yet.

Also, after the P99 timeline they expanded on it and added in the ability to delete spells from your book (Sep 2002 patch) -- There is a reference in Aug 9 2000 about recommending moving a spell to the back of the book if it was duplicate (confirming couldn't delete and the ability to move as early as then)

I am all for classic, but until there is evidence of when a change was made even though we can "remember" a couple of months, maybe it should be left as-is. Ill poke around a little more. As ridiculous as this little detail this is, you sorta want to find that needle in the haystack sometimes ;)

Fammaden
09-30-2019, 05:23 PM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes#Classic_Era

Looks like 9/28/99, so the first six plus months you can't move spells in the book.

Danth
09-30-2019, 05:41 PM
Don't forget 5 spells per spellbook page if you want to be fully classic. Not that I've seen anyone suggesting that, if it's even possible on Titanium.

Danth

Deathrydar
09-30-2019, 06:03 PM
Lol....green is going to be awesome!

Lojik
09-30-2019, 06:07 PM
/book # command is always in right? Or is that later in the timeline?

Haloren
09-30-2019, 06:26 PM
/book # command is always in right? Or is that later in the timeline?

That's Aug 23, 2000.

"/book #" (where # is the even displayed page number divided by 2) will take you to the corresponding page of your spell book. For instance, to flip to page 27/28, type "/book 14".

Deathrydar
09-30-2019, 08:39 PM
That's Aug 23, 2000.

"/book #" (where # is the even displayed page number divided by 2) will take you to the corresponding page of your spell book. For instance, to flip to page 27/28, type "/book 14".

Aww man....now I gotta know math to play?

Polycaster
10-07-2019, 06:17 PM
Green is becoming less and less attractive. Intentionally making something annoying is retarded.

Daliant17447
10-07-2019, 06:23 PM
Intentionally making something annoying is retarded.

This is P99 at its core dude. Most of us here are here specifically for the anoying, pain in the ass, unforgiving game that was vanilla eq. If you just want classic content with all your easy mode QoL features there are plenty of servers out there. P99 green won't be one.

fastboy21
10-08-2019, 06:42 PM
Green is becoming less and less attractive. Intentionally making something annoying is retarded.

Calling things retarded when you don't agree with them is retarded.