PDA

View Full Version : The End of Green

StrangerComesKnocking
09-28-2019, 10:38 PM
I would very much like a more definitive answer as to what will happen to our characters when green ends. I have been playing blue for years, and i have all character slots full. Most of my characters are 40+. I like the idea of leaving the green 1 open and creating green 2. Then rolling green 2 characters into green 1. Either way knowing what will happen will have a huge impact on which class or classes i choose to play. If it rolls into blue I will not be able to play any of my favorite classes as they are already high level on blue. I would be willing to donate to help with server equipment to make this happen. What are every ones thoughts on this?

Rang
09-29-2019, 09:29 AM
You can go to the p99 home page and create a new login server account. Every forum login you have can have a bunch of login server accounts. Create new account with no toons - problem solved

dekova
09-29-2019, 09:48 AM
I too would like the servers to stay separate, but I think that may be infeasible. As I understand, the issue is more the staff hours required for each server than the hardware.

BlackBellamy
09-29-2019, 10:00 AM
My thoughts are Green is going to be up for 39 months, and at the end of that time I'm either going to start from scratch on Green 2 or going to be burned out and give some other hobby a try. Either way, Blue is over for me. Since Green was announced I've only been on Blue to hang out in EC and chat.

eqgmrdbz
09-29-2019, 10:20 AM
Aye, you can always create a new account for more toon slots. I'm really excited about Green and starting fresh, if I had to count I have started over 3 times (technically 4 since I tried Live again but it sucked). Starting EQ is always fun but I'm not sure if I will be as exited to do it again for a 4th time when Green restarts again but who knows. I'm just glad that a concept I have wanted will soon come to be realized and if in the future I feel like starting EQ again, there will be a chance to do so.

Baler
09-29-2019, 10:23 AM
Green 2019 will dump into Blue
Green 202x will start anew
amen

Gustoo
09-29-2019, 10:37 AM
Yeah dudes 5 years is a long time. The green to blue dump will happen and it will keep life fresh. You may already have a lot of blue toons but I'd still pick your favorite race class to run thru classic progression because it's the glory times. ..

soronil
09-29-2019, 10:46 AM
I would very much like a more definitive answer as to what will happen to our characters when green ends.

They have definitively said they will roll to blue.
How the character select screen will work is... You could have 16 toons on blue, but you only see the first 8 alphabetically. You must delete one of those 8 to see the next one. As others have said, just make another account if you don't want to deal with that

Zeboim
09-29-2019, 10:51 AM
It all returns to nothing

Tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down...

Kavious
09-29-2019, 10:53 AM
Easiest to just create a new account. You can have as many as you want

Though Rogean did explain how it would work in a stream he did not too long ago. When Green merges into Blue, all your characters would be there. The client can only display 8 characters (alphabetically). So to access your other characters you would have to delete some for the others to appear

El-Hefe
09-29-2019, 02:36 PM
Why would you want Green1 to stay open as a ghost town when Green2 opens? It’s gonna roll into Blue and if you wanna play those toons again you can group up with the dozen or so weirdos who stayed on blue.

StrangerComesKnocking
09-29-2019, 04:33 PM
Thanks all. I really didn't know i could just make another account lol. You are probably right about green 1 being ghost town when green 2 starts. I suppose even though having two of favorite classes on blue may be a waste the years of enjoyment on green will not be.

zodias
09-29-2019, 04:54 PM
I am hoping 4 to 5 years allows the p99 team to figure out a UI solution for being able to select past 8 characters. Adding a scroll bar and displaying all characters doesn't seem like a huge problem that can't be resolved.

soronil
09-29-2019, 05:27 PM
I am hoping 4 to 5 years allows the p99 team to figure out a UI solution for being able to select past 8 characters. Adding a scroll bar and displaying all characters doesn't seem like a huge problem that can't be resolved.
It's the client it would be hard if not impossible I think Why ask the people doing this for no pay when there is a very simple solution of making a second account.

Wurl
09-30-2019, 08:46 AM
doesn't seem like a huge problem that can't be resolved.
Sweet, get out your disassembler and debugger and write a client patch for them.