PDA

View Full Version : a bit of knowledge for the kiddies.

Baler
09-27-2019, 05:53 PM
Gnoll Fang Quest is BONKERS EXP till mid kunark when it get's exp nerfed.

Enjoy kids and new***s.

edit: It's so good it has even inspired a wiki guide.
(I take no credit for this wiki guide and it may not be 100% accurate)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Gosh%27s_Blackburrow_300_Gnoll_Fang_Guide

editedit: the exp is so good it's viable till 30,..+
Unless they decide to make it non-classic.

loramin
09-27-2019, 05:58 PM
Was that a confirmed classic thing, and not just an early P99 bug (like Seafury drops)?

Baler
09-27-2019, 06:05 PM
Yes it was proven classic.

loramin
09-27-2019, 06:17 PM
I was just asking because I genuinely didn't know: no agenda or desire to troll or anything.

I totally would have thought Seafuries was a classic nerf if I hadn't read it here, and while I kinda vaguely remember when the fangs got nerfed ahile back, I just didn't remember if it was for classic reasons or not.

Baler
09-27-2019, 06:20 PM
Gnoll fangs got nerfed because it was found that aprox mid way through kunark expansion a patch on live they reduced the exp rewarded. It is and I say with zero doubt document in a patch note.

Do I have that patch note on hand. no but it is on that japanese site if you wanna dig for it.

Wasn't even trying to troll with this post. Actually none of my post since I returned have been a troll. No joke.

Valion
09-27-2019, 06:31 PM
Oh yeah really nice quest. Make sure you do the Moonstone quest along with it. Bandit Sashes quest is a must as well

DMN
09-27-2019, 06:36 PM
Would be better if blackburrow wasn't a shit dungeon and the fangs weren't rare drops, though.

300 fangs is fucking laughable. You'd need to kill like 1500 gnolls.

Vizax_Xaziv
09-27-2019, 06:36 PM
Actually none of my post since I returned have been a troll. No joke.

LOL! Sure, pal! Sure!

Danth
09-27-2019, 06:37 PM
Would be better if blackburrow wasn't a shit dungeon and the fangs weren't rare drops, though.

Your description of it is perhaps more literally accurate than you anticipated. It's full of humanoid dogs. There are piles of what appear to be gnoll excrement scattered all over the place.

Danth

Vizax_Xaziv
09-27-2019, 06:39 PM
There are piles of what appear to be gnoll excrement SCAT-tered all over the place.

Danth

Pun intended?

Baler
09-27-2019, 06:46 PM
LOL! Sure, pal! Sure!

You are a speical

not a troll. Enjoy my friend. please see a doctor. and evaluate your mental health.

branamil
09-27-2019, 06:55 PM

300 fangs is fucking laughable. You'd need to kill like 1500 gnolls.

The spawn rate is absymal for a newbie dungeon too. about 5 people can hold down everything between the commander and the ZL. But its going to be crammed full of like 75 people flaming eachother to get that precious gnoll scout loot

Aaramis
09-27-2019, 07:25 PM
TRAIN TO ZONE!!

- says someone at random every 30 seconds.

Lojik
09-27-2019, 08:07 PM
Trains are not nearly as bad as they should be. I know cause I trained the crap out of that dungeon on live for fun.

loramin
09-27-2019, 08:30 PM
It is and I say with zero doubt document in a patch note.

Do I have that patch note on hand. no but it is on that japanese site if you wanna dig for it.

No need to visit "that japanese site" anymore (どうもありがとう日本!) ... the wiki now has a (hopefully) comprehensive patch notes page, with everything in one place (so you can just use your browsers "find" to find things): http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes.

The "hopefully" part is that I grabbed every patch I could find from Allakhazam and the Japanese site ... but I can't guarantee that is every patch.

On that note, I don't see any notes for blackburrow or fangs, but maybe they phrased it as "reduced some starting quest rewards" or something like that? Or maybe we are missing a patch?

BlackBellamy
09-27-2019, 09:09 PM
Trains are not nearly as bad as they should be. I know cause I trained the crap out of that dungeon on live for fun.

On TZ we formed Human Retribution, started human alts in Quenos, then spent a lot of time training all the damn elves and other riff raff out of Blackburrow. Why are you killing me, we're on the good team? Shut up and stay out of Qeynos Hills, you scum! We got called jackbooted thugs, racial tensions rose, good times!

But yeah, once we took over BB, that exp was great!

Soothsayer
09-27-2019, 09:15 PM
I need precisely 30 fangs to bring myself up to Amiable with the Halas warrior guild so I can do the Langseax quest. Hopefully that's possible with the amount of people cramming into Blackburrow... :/

loramin
09-27-2019, 10:33 PM
I need precisely 30 fangs to bring myself up to Amiable with the Halas warrior guild so I can do the Langseax quest. Hopefully that's possible with the amount of people cramming into Blackburrow... :/

Are you basing that on wiki faction numbers, or someone's specific reports of fang faction? Because the wiki numbers are very often incorrect on P99.

Which faction is affected is almost always correct, but the exact amount a quest or NPC gives is impossible to determine here. As a result, those numbers are just from other EQEmu sources, and may well be different for us.

Madbad
09-27-2019, 10:36 PM
1-20 used to be FangQuest

Chortles Snort|eS
09-28-2019, 08:12 AM
thx grandad
me stick to da swamp

Soothsayer
09-28-2019, 05:48 PM
Are you basing that on wiki faction numbers, or someone's specific reports of fang faction? Because the wiki numbers are very often incorrect on P99.

Which faction is affected is almost always correct, but the exact amount a quest or NPC gives is impossible to determine here. As a result, those numbers are just from other EQEmu sources, and may well be different for us.

Nah, I tested it on a neutral race character on Blue who was apprehensive with Halas starting out. It took exactly 30 fangs to bring myself up to Amiable with 'em, so the Wiki information seems to be roughly correct here.

loramin
09-28-2019, 05:59 PM
Nah, I tested it on a neutral race character on Blue who was apprehensive with Halas starting out. It took exactly 30 fangs to bring myself up to Amiable with 'em, so the Wiki information seems to be roughly correct here.

Good to know.