PDA

View Full Version : Least time to 50

Whoop
09-27-2019, 02:06 PM
Which class would you say will require the least amount of hours to get to 50? Solo and outdoors only (asuming dungeons will be packed with groups leaving no mobs for solo play). And no bard swarming.

1. Ench
2. Necro
3. Mage
4. Druid
5. Shaman

?

Baler
09-27-2019, 02:07 PM
Of those choices.
Mage hands down fastest to 50 IF you get yours hands on a torch.
Chain summon and PL yourself. get a splash of crack from a chanter and it's ez road to 50.

Followed by Enchanter if you know how to manipulate the game for 3 casts free kills.

Then necro, DoTs aren't super fast. Feign Death will save them from death.

shaman in classic levels S L O W
---
mage + necro can be leveled naked, arguably enchanter too with the trick.

Maker_Mayhem
09-27-2019, 02:10 PM
Pet focus items won't be in until Solusek Ro.

Also, the fastest to 50 on blue, was a barbarian shaman iirc. But that was 10 years ago. A lot more info available to the masses now.

Baler
09-27-2019, 02:14 PM
Pet focus items won't be in until Solusek Ro.

Also, the fastest to 50 on blue, was a barbarian shaman iirc. But that was 10 years ago. A lot more info available to the masses now.

10 years ago when the population was 100-200 peak if that.
We're talking a thousand+ players packed into classic zones.

it's between Mage pre-focus item and Enchanter with trick . on green launch.
without mage epic it's maybe 10-20% more mana usage due to pet HP. but chain summoning is still very powerful. Mage fire per has one of the best damage shields.

Whoop
09-27-2019, 02:19 PM
Lots of players and mages may leave few camps available and therefor slowing mages down?
Necro and chanters can easier split camps giving them more options?

Baler
09-27-2019, 02:20 PM
Enchanter level speed is not attached to being in a camp.
That would put the enchanter around the same level speed as the shaman.

Enchanters and well Bards can do this trick that will ensure minimal mana usage and max kills per hour.

Blingy
09-27-2019, 02:20 PM
Mage pet focus items main benefit is with the reclaim clicky but that's pretty limited benefit. On live the focus items are very beneficial but here? Meh.

I'm willing to toss my vote on a mage though. If somebody knows where to go and what to kill it's crazy fast to keep hearing dings.

Baler
09-27-2019, 02:23 PM
Mage pet focus items main benefit is with the reclaim clicky

I disagree,
Chain summoning may benefit from the reclaim energy but that's maybe 50% of the time MAX
The main benefit of mage pet focus items is the increased fire pet life pool for longer DS burning enemies. That you can then finish with a nuke for max exp.

The mage will be sitting 90% of the time while their fire pet's DS and dmg is melting mob(s)

Blingy
09-27-2019, 02:47 PM
Best case scenario for getting the torch is level 34. Gornit (level 30) can drop the toes. Solo a level 34 mage can drop him, otherwise they'll need a good solid group. Even if a mage gets the toes and can focus their level 29 pet the increased HP doesn't amount to that many more hits.

Level 29 fire pet is level 22-26. It has between 390-510HP; let's call it 450. A 10% standard boost to HP gives it an additional 45HP or around 2 more hits before it dies. My favorite zone around that level is Sol A, Runnyeye is a close 2nd. Mobs at this level hit for up to 50, fire pet will get hit for max more often than middle of the road. Hazarding a guess but mobs in other zones around this level hit for about the same.

Yes the fire pet is my favorite for levelling up to 50. I sold bone chips in order to purchase my focus items a few years ago. This won't be an option for awhile. If there's a better zone where the mobs don't hit as hard I'll edit my stance. The focus items are great (especially as a level 20 mage) but in the 30's and 40's their main benefit comes from being able to kill the pet instantly and finish a mob off with a low level nuke.

bwe
09-27-2019, 02:47 PM
What is this enchanter trick

Jibartik
09-27-2019, 02:53 PM
What is this enchanter trick

https://i.imgur.com/zTWUPP9.png

Vexenu
09-27-2019, 03:13 PM
Probably a Druid/Enchanter duo who know what they're doing.

M.J.
09-27-2019, 03:14 PM
The main benefit of mage pet focus items is the increased fire pet life pool for longer DS burning enemies. That you can then finish with a nuke for max exp.

The mage will be sitting 90% of the time while their fire pet's DS and dmg is melting mob(s)

That HP increase comes with a level increase, which is everything related to pet damage AND defense. So DS damage and max hit go up as well the pets actual ability to take a hit.

Just duoing with a priest that can HP buff your pet won't bring back that effective + 1 level of mitigation on Green. Mitigation might not seem like a big deal, but, besides the increased damage shield for focused fire pets, it makes surviving spell casters that much more feasible for pet tanks. Which is a huge deal in classic dungeons: and its especially important for key level ranges where pets are weak relative to NPCs in the 29-39 range.

I personally think the mage hype is over blown, unless people consider Green content to end at the level they are able to join /list for Manastone and Guise. If viewed from that perspective then mages are the best class for getting loot that will someday merge with blue.

Necros and enchanters will still be the only potential primary classes in dungeon duos that can clear guk deadside, and enchanters really stand alone in potency for every other "tough" camp outside of Guk. 49 Earth does decently with focus and slowed mobs, but mages lack one and won't have the other for a while.

I'd say bards swarming / charm kiting will destroy everyone else when it comes to leveling. But it depends on how the AE mechanics will work at launch.

Baler
09-27-2019, 03:16 PM
the enchanter trick is not a duo and no I wont tell everyone how to do it.
Is it classic. YES.
Is it legal. YES.

It just takes some creative thinking to figure out. There is no way im going to publicly post how it's done so 200 nerds can try and manipulate certain areas of the classic world.
Those who know, may not think it's a trick but there are a LOT of people who don't know about it. Even though it's in plain sight.

I'd say bards swarming / charm kiting will destroy everyone else when it comes to leveling. But it depends on how the AE mechanics will work at launch.

At launch the AE limit will be 4 mobs for bards too.

Jibartik
09-27-2019, 03:22 PM
Now that is a classic response :) I love secrets it's what make this game mysterious!

M.J.
09-27-2019, 03:24 PM
increased HP doesn't amount to that many more hits.

Level 29 fire pet is level 22-26. It has between 390-510HP; let's call it 450. A 10% standard boost to HP gives it an additional 45HP or around 2 more hits before it dies. My favorite zone around that level is Sol A, Runnyeye is a close 2nd. Mobs at this level hit for up to 50, fire pet will get hit for max more often than middle of the road. Hazarding a guess but mobs in other zones around this level hit for about the same.

I've done 2 mages to 55 solo and duo/trio, and fire pets biggest benefit is tanking multiple mobs at once.

Pump mana into that little fucker and those max hits from mobs with 2 priests + mage themselves healing it converts DS damage into the priests and mages damage out. Play your cards right, and with no mana spent on roots because of zero threat from pet heals + no runners until the last mob, and you're killing very fast with no players taking any damage at all.

On green the biggest problem will likely be a lack of mobs on which to use such a strategy.

Baler
09-27-2019, 03:28 PM
I've done 2 mages to 55 solo and duo/trio, and fire pets biggest benefit is tanking multiple mobs at once.

this is true. a skilled mage can chain summon down 2-3 maybe more mobs at once.

One thing to consider however when it comes to multiple mobs is .. green will have no pet window
so keep spamming /pet health

Now that is a classic response :) I love secrets it's what make this game mysterious!
Its no secret. People have posted about it in the past. It may even be in a guide I don't recall.

Lojik
09-27-2019, 03:41 PM
That HP increase comes with a level increase, which is everything related to pet damage AND defense. So DS damage and max hit go up as well the pets actual ability to take a hit.

Just duoing with a priest that can HP buff your pet won't bring back that effective + 1 level of mitigation on Green. Mitigation might not seem like a big deal, but, besides the increased damage shield for focused fire pets, it makes surviving spell casters that much more feasible for pet tanks. Which is a huge deal in classic dungeons: and its especially important for key level ranges where pets are weak relative to NPCs in the 29-39 range.

I personally think the mage hype is over blown, unless people consider Green content to end at the level they are able to join /list for Manastone and Guise. If viewed from that perspective then mages are the best class for getting loot that will someday merge with blue.

Necros and enchanters will still be the only potential primary classes in dungeon duos that can clear guk deadside, and enchanters really stand alone in potency for every other "tough" camp outside of Guk. 49 Earth does decently with focus and slowed mobs, but mages lack one and won't have the other for a while.

Hate to nitpick but the focus items from sol ro don't add max levels, just hp and pet stats, nor do they increase max hit or ds. The staves of mastery add a level. Maybe they increase the odds of summoning max level pet but I doubt it.

Nexii
09-27-2019, 03:47 PM
Solo I would bet on necromancer. Ench/mage without jboots and no rez sticks just seems scary

But I think duo will blow anything else away, pick any out of ench/mage/necro

M.J.
09-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Hate to nitpick but the focus items from sol ro don't add max levels, just hp and pet stats, nor do they increase max hit or ds. The staves of mastery add a level. Maybe they increase the odds of summoning max level pet but I doubt it.

Hrm my experience going off the magician wiki for p99 back in the day always seemed to be off for focused pets max damage and DS, but maybe I've just misremembered it.

Fammaden
09-27-2019, 04:22 PM
Sol Ro Temple doesn't even exist for like six months right?

Dolalin
09-27-2019, 04:34 PM
Sol Ro Temple was October 1999 I want to say. So 7 months.

There was warrior class armor before this (Crafted), it was patched in July I believe.

Vizax_Xaziv
09-27-2019, 04:42 PM
Is it classic. YES.
Is it legal. YES.

It just takes some creative thinking to figure out. There is no way im going to publicly post how it's done so 200 nerds can try and manipulate certain areas of the classic world.
Those who know, may not think it's a trick but there are a LOT of people who don't know about it. Even though it's in plain sight.

Sounds like a thinly veiled exploit to me. Hopefully the staff will be watching your play!

bwe
09-27-2019, 04:48 PM
Whirl till you hurl stunlock

DMN
09-27-2019, 04:50 PM
Sol ro doesn't even matter. Mages fall off after they can no longer count on getting non-researched fire pets and the damage shield itself doesn't scale well past the 30s in the first place.

Enchanter is pretty ass until 30 or so. and then problem will be too many people already competing for places/mob that would be good exp. Not sure what this "free kill" shit is. Sounds like one of those bullshit "this one weird trick" ads. Neckbeards hate her.

bwe
09-27-2019, 07:13 PM
Let's all guess the enchanter exploit

BlackBellamy
09-27-2019, 08:01 PM
They never fixed it? Weren't there bug reports about this years ago? Wasn't it fixed on live pretty quickly?

Vyal
09-27-2019, 09:24 PM
Sol ro doesn't even matter. Mages fall off after they can no longer count on getting non-researched fire pets and the damage shield itself doesn't scale well past the 30s in the first place.

Enchanter is pretty ass until 30 or so. and then problem will be too many people already competing for places/mob that would be good exp. Not sure what this "free kill" shit is. Sounds like one of those bullshit "this one weird trick" ads. Neckbeards hate her.

If you think the only way to level fast with a mage is a fire pet you don't really know how to play a mage XD
Also there's no need to chain summon either in the long run chain summoning is just a pain in the ass and after a few pulls you'll just say screw it.

The trick to leveling quickly is just going to be knowing the certain mobs to kill and not worrying about taking faction hits. Really anybody could go after the mobs and kill them it's just mages are going to kill them much faster. And it's going to depend on things like how much time does one spend getting plat and items to boost mana also.
Yea you could do it naked sure but you're going to get bogged down with mana problems.

There are certain camps a mage will have a really hard time breaking also while a necro would have no problem breaking it. That is the biggest problem with the mage, oh yea he'll kill stuff probably faster than a wizard and a hell of a lot faster then a necro but splitting 2 mobs is a pain. You've got to use an earth pet and nuke one mob off kite it and kill it (so you'll need sow) resummon and finish off the first mob and hope to get the timing right when they repop.

Whoop
09-28-2019, 04:17 PM
ok so mage top the list and then ench (inc some mystery tactic). Adding monk to list.

1. Mage
2. Ench
3. Nec
4. Druid
5. Sham
6. Monk

Anyone disagree?

Fammaden
09-28-2019, 04:23 PM
Is monk really going to be the same sort of solo powerhouse in green as in blue? Even without fungi twinking, they benefit tremendously from the extra AC from armor options and the extra damage from cheap plentiful weapons, right? I keep hearing that itemization for monks in vanilla is pretty dire, much less soloing naked-ish.

Keebz
09-28-2019, 05:11 PM
Which class would you say will require the least amount of hours to get to 50? Solo and outdoors only

ok so mage top the list and then ench (inc some mystery tactic). Adding monk to list.

1. Mage
2. Ench
3. Nec
4. Druid
5. Sham
6. Monk

Anyone dissagree?

Having played a shaman in classic, it is really quite a slog until 34. Root rotting isn't all that great, and there's no PWC to help you melee. Not to mention you actually need some amount of gear to do things, which the casters can mostly ignore.

As for monk, I guess you can avoid worrying about gear as much as the other melees and have FD to save some dirt naps, but you will likely be over the AC penalty since you'll need to make money and will have to loot. With no twink gear and the 20% exp penalty, it's just not gonna be great.

Without knowing about this Enchanter exploit, for outdoor solo only, I'd say it's more like

1. Mage
2. Druid
3. Ench (tie)
3. Necro (tie)
5. Bard
6. Shaman
7. Wiz
8. Everything else

I have Druid really high, because the porting / Sow will save a ton of time on a fresh server, not to mention Harmony and charm kiting animals. Honestly, a Druid will likely be much faster than a Mage that doesn't know what they are doing.

Ench kinda needs gear (CHA), where as the Necro and mage don't. It also requires you know what you are doing and involves a fair amount of risk. The best enchanters will likely be fine, but those who leveled theirs with twink CHA gear and pocket clicky clerics may not know what they're in for.

Necro can root rot, charm kite, pet tank, fear kite, and has FD to avoid dirt naps. I'm no expert but seems pretty strong.

Bard is actually still fine. AoE'ing 4 things at a time isn't bad when everyone else is using tarnished short swords. Eventually, you can just charm kite as usual or try some tab target swarm kiting. Not to mention Selo's and all the utility songs are also great for getting around. Getting through the early levels with the exp penalty is probably the biggest challenge. The best bards may surprise you on how fast they level.

Shaman isn't the worst, but pretty rough with no gear 1-34. I'm imagining mostly root rotting and chain nuking.

Wizard might actually be higher than shaman, but I'm no expert. The early levels don't seem great, but ports help on the mobility front and quad kiting is pretty fast 34+ from what I understand. Maybe you can get JBoots before that and start earlier.

After that, I guess it's Cleric then Monk or maybe Shadow Knight (the penalty is so rough solo though). Paladin and Ranger seem awash to me, but maybe there's some Ranger bow strats that can work (costs money though). Lastly, Warrior then Rogue as the caboose.

Now if you open up duos and grouping, I think that changes it up a bit. Notably, I think Cleric would crack the top 5, given the duo-ability with Enchanters (and other classes with charm strats) and the strong group and raid desirability. Wizards, Shamans and Enchanters get similar bumps, since their early levels become less painful. Obviously, the raiders will be pushing Cleric, Warrior, and Rogue through as fast as possible as well.

Gustoo
09-28-2019, 06:33 PM
You goof balls.

On real pop server you aren't going to be able to pick your primo camps for soloing so your prolly gonna /beg to group so you can all benefit from the mob throughput.

Green is a chance to roll a toon the way you actually want to and journey up to max level old-school style. It's going to be group city and no enchy or mage is goin to be able to solo anywhere besides non exp platinum farming spots like cyclopses for a long time.

Choose the class u wanna be. first to 50 will be the guy who sleeps least.

Wallicker
09-28-2019, 06:48 PM
Bard is still at the top of the list

Jibartik
09-28-2019, 07:04 PM
1. Jibartik
2. Mage

:o

aaezil
09-28-2019, 07:21 PM
First to 50 wont be a guy that doesnt sleep it will be a shared account

Baler
09-28-2019, 07:23 PM

This is likely true.

Remember everyone, you share your account information at your own risk. If someone does something stupid with your account and it gets banned. The staff won't unban it just because it wasn't the original owner who did the stupid thing.

Keebz
09-28-2019, 07:23 PM

So multiple guys who sleep a little.

Baler
09-28-2019, 07:27 PM
So multiple guys who sleep a little.

It's more likely to be a raid guild.
they'll all team up to level up the classes they need to raid targets asap.

I know a few guilds on blue have guild toons, clerics, rogues etc. that they let the guild use on raids.
Just imagine when green dumps into blue how many guild toons will be on blue then. jeez

TMO was notorious for parking level 60 guild toons at raid entrances in their prime. So when a target popped a bunch of people would just log into that parked 60 raid toon and they'd get targets fastest.

Gustoo
09-28-2019, 07:36 PM
Lol a bunch of duped 60s ain't gonna do anything to blue in 5 years from now.

Smart palz will PL a PL class to help themselves out

Vidar
09-28-2019, 08:19 PM
Which class would you say will require the least amount of hours to get to 50? Solo and outdoors only (asuming dungeons will be packed with groups leaving no mobs for solo play). And no bard swarming.

1. Ench
2. Necro
3. Mage
4. Druid
5. Shaman

?

Necro is probably fastest for most people.

Copout
09-29-2019, 10:26 PM
Who is going to have the most fun to 50?

kabouter
09-29-2019, 11:02 PM
Necro is probably fastest for most people.

Yeah I don't think an enchanter will be even for skilled players:
- more gear dependent
- no charm break clicky until kunark
- no breeze

This is not taking into account other issues like no pet window and that you actually need 2 mobs to do any charming. Charming will be even harder if you have to fight over every mob since you actually need 2.

I think until lvl.29 it is best to just group as an enchanter for the fastest xp.

mefdinkins
09-29-2019, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I honestly can't even imagine leveling in green. A lot of people will be on the game and be very bored waiting for groups or camps. Most melee can't even solo mobs past level 10 in vanilla.

A lot of other spoiled players who never grouped until KC/Seb on Blue and then got carried by groups with epiced clerics, rogues, shamans, and monks and other chars who are twinked to hell are going to be in for a rude awakening that the game is a lot less forgiving than it is on blue right now.

Even little things like stopping to buy spells can take hours with boats, no ports, no sow, difficulty having plat ready. The first level 50 chars will likely be in bronze/leather using what type of weapons - fine steel? The first 50 casters will likely only have a small portion of their key spells.

I just mean enjoy the game! Raid at level 40 or 45 or 48. Finish quests that are fun at level 30 even if isn't for a best in slot item! woo hooo have fun and don't worry about being first to 50.

Whoop
09-30-2019, 02:21 AM
just mean enjoy the game! Raid at level 40 or 45 or 48. Finish quests that are fun at level 30 even if isn't for a best in slot item! woo hooo have fun and don't worry about being first to 50.

Lol I will be the first one to ding 50, more likely to be the last:p I have a hard time deciding what class I want to play, how well it solo is an important factor for me.

What I would like the most is to group and play with others alll the way to max but that will simply not happen due to RL. Maybe next green cycle I go full on grouping hehe.

Its down to Mage, Nec or Druid but since i have Nec and Druid at 60 on Blue I think im set on a Green Mage.

Cheers for the replies

Vyal
09-30-2019, 02:33 AM
Bard is still at the top of the list

Bard is trash can tier now. If you start a bard on Green you'll be hating only being allowed to kite 4 mobs at once. Then even when you don't you will be nothing but paper to be shredded by literally every mob and pretty much no use to anyone until lvl 32.

There's other classes who won't have troubles but bards are going to suck to play on Green.

Dolalin
09-30-2019, 02:45 AM
I might main a bard now that they're hard mode, come to think of it.

Bards can fear and dot kite perfectly well in classic, not all bard solo techniques are swarming.

Vyal
09-30-2019, 02:56 AM
I might main a bard now that they're hard mode, come to think of it.

Have fun with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3boy_tLWeqA

:rolleyes:

Whoop
09-30-2019, 03:01 AM
I wouldn't mind giving bard a go on green but playing with a controller makes it impossible, atleast for me. Got one to lvl 9 on blue but then gave up.

Copout
09-30-2019, 03:59 AM
I wouldn't mind giving bard a go on green but playing with a controller makes it impossible, atleast for me. Got one to lvl 9 on blue but then gave up.

Ever tried something like a razer orbweaver?

Keebz
09-30-2019, 04:32 AM
Bard is trash can tier now. If you start a bard on Green you'll be hating only being allowed to kite 4 mobs at once. Then even when you don't you will be nothing but paper to be shredded by literally every mob and pretty much no use to anyone until lvl 32.

There's other classes who won't have troubles but bards are going to suck to play on Green.

I may be falling for a troll, but... I'll bite.

First off, kiting 4 mobs at once is way better than what most classes can do. Secondly, Bard is a reasonable melee class in the early levels, but gets songs like Hymm and Selo's. Lastly, you get Fear at 25 then Charm at 26, which means non-stop killing until 50. You literally only need to stop to buy your DoTs and your next Charm at 39.

Vyal
09-30-2019, 05:14 AM

First off, kiting 4 mobs at once is way better than what most classes can do. Secondly, Bard is a reasonable melee class in the early levels, but gets songs like Hymm and Selo's. Lastly, you get Fear at 25 then Charm at 26, which means non-stop killing until 50. You literally only need to stop to buy your DoTs and your next Charm at 39.

You'll regret making your main starting character a bard on green. Don't say you weren't warned.

Copout
09-30-2019, 06:03 AM
You'll regret making your main starting character a bard on green. Don't say you weren't warned.

You could just bind song patterns to a G15 key. A bard doesn't have to be hard to play. You can play one in a group and play a game on another monitor while you level and voice chat. I'm considering that.

Aaramis
09-30-2019, 06:04 AM

When things go well as a Bard, you're laughing. But if you take damage, it takes you a LONG time to recover with just heal song.
A couple of Fear breaks, or Charm resists, and you're in big trouble.

It's not as super easy as everyone thinks it is. Same with swarm kiting - when you get it down pat it's a piece of cake, but one slight lag or server tick not in your favour and you're dead meat.

Oscillate
09-30-2019, 06:17 AM
It will be me :)

Jimjam
09-30-2019, 06:20 AM
Whats the deal with everyone trying to dodge actually playing the game?

Copout
09-30-2019, 06:43 AM

The internet has warped our brains.

Whoop
09-30-2019, 07:23 AM
Ever tried something like a razer orbweaver?

No, I only used a Ps4 controller. I don't want to sit at a desk, i prefer playing from the sofa :)

Deathrydar
09-30-2019, 07:28 AM

A question I have asked myself. I can't figure it out. So many posts about leveling fastest. Soloing the best.

Don't turn this into WoW.......
Don't turn the green server into a bunch of necros, mages and druids....

Thrombosis
09-30-2019, 08:57 AM
Is it even feasible to level to 50 outdoors in Classic? I don't see too many level 40+ mobs outside LGuk, SolB, Permafrost etc. Am I missing something?

Fammaden
09-30-2019, 08:59 AM
Is it even feasible to level to 50 outdoors in Classic? I don't see too many level 40+ mobs outside LGuk, SolB, Permafrost etc. Am I missing something?

Guards. Ice giants. I'm sure other things I'm forgetting.

Arvan
09-30-2019, 11:59 AM
EQ is a journey not a destination

soronil
09-30-2019, 12:11 PM

Spectres would be the most popular. There are guards too (FP, dwarves, hafllings, High elves... ogres i think are a big lower)

kaev
09-30-2019, 12:20 PM
Spectres would be the most popular. There are guards too (FP, dwarves, hafllings, High elves... ogres i think are a big lower)

When Kunark first went live, the first char to 60 on Tunare server was a ranger obsessively killing dwarves in Butcherblock. If you can get 60 outdoors vs. vanilla mobs I imagine 50 is also doable.

Albane
09-30-2019, 12:23 PM

You will regret leveling with a group of friends any time you want.
You will regret always being invited to random groups.
You will regret being the fastest class to 50, if that's what you want.
You will regret never having down time.
You will regret being able to solo almost all non-raid content in the game, including Fire Giants, Ice Giants and most dungeons rare drops.
You will regret being able to travel across zones incredibly fast from level 5 on.

Deathrydar
09-30-2019, 12:25 PM
You will regret leveling with a group of friends any time you want.
You will regret always being invited to random groups.
You will regret being the fastest class to 50, if that's what you want.
You will regret never having down time.
You will regret being able to solo almost all non-raid content in the game, including Fire Giants, Ice Giants and most dungeons rare drops.
You will regret being able to travel across zones incredibly fast from level 5 on.

^^
yeah, the classic-era Bard truly is a horrible experience....

Aaramis
10-01-2019, 06:12 AM
Guards. Ice giants. I'm sure other things I'm forgetting.

Yeah, Hill Giants to low 40s, then there's Deepwater Goblins and Spectres, Ice Giants, and various Guards.

Not a lot of variety, but *is* possible.

Lojik
10-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Roughly how long did it take the first person on live to get to 50? Was it through something that would be considered an exploit on blue? Quest abuse? Pathing abuse?

bum3
10-04-2019, 02:25 PM
When Kunark first went live, the first char to 60 on Tunare server was a ranger obsessively killing dwarves in Butcherblock. If you can get 60 outdoors vs. vanilla mobs I imagine 50 is also doable.

Hello fellow Tunarian... if I remember correct the first to 50 on Tunare was a pally who solo'd ogre guards.

bum3
10-04-2019, 02:28 PM
The ench lvling thing you won't share... is it the classic stand behind the zone line while the mob can't get to you and you meditate while they are choked?

Cen
10-04-2019, 02:35 PM
Is it classic. YES.
Is it legal. YES.

Does it have anything to do with using charm to STOP the combat between two mobs that already are hostile to each other / or a guard that attacks a mob you bring to it then you charm it when low to stop the combat, then finish it off yourself?

:p I know people love to do that exploit at Squire in EK, they pull tons of griffawns or wolves, and charm them at low hp before the guard finishes them off and then for the cost of one charm and maybe one suffication cast gets a mob kill rewarded

Lojik
10-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Does it have anything to do with using charm to STOP the combat between two mobs that already are hostile to each other / or a guard that attacks a mob you bring to it then you charm it when low to stop the combat, then finish it off yourself?

:p I know people love to do that exploit at Squire in EK, they pull tons of griffawns or wolves, and charm them at low hp before the guard finishes them off and then for the cost of one charm and maybe one suffication cast gets a mob kill rewarded

If you can find two mobs of similar levels its better just to let both hit each other down, then break and kill both. Then you get the cost of 1 charm plus invis, plus two or three dots to finish 2 mobs, maybe a root or two as well. Some people have posted that this mechanic isn't classic and that the damage from charmed pet or npc which was being attacked should KS the enchanter, same as charming something that a guard mostly killed for you. I don't really know if it is classic or not /shrug.

Poetic
10-04-2019, 04:12 PM
This is fast xp and it works fine, but with low cha and low int due to lack of gear those root recasts and charm breaks really burn more mana than you expect. That's why you dont just charm 1 mob into 2-4 mobs, root the rest, and break charm and kill over and over. Thats super fast and efficient if you have the mana to sustain it, which you wont.

I agree though, this is certainly the best way to solo as an enchanter, but this is no exploit.

Polycaster
10-07-2019, 04:50 PM

Check out the per tick dmg on those bard AEs. Killing 4 mobs 20 times slower than someone else kills 1 mob is not the fast road to 50 that you think it is.

Keebz
10-07-2019, 10:44 PM
Check out the per tick dmg on those bard AEs. Killing 4 mobs 20 times slower than someone else kills 1 mob is not the fast road to 50 that you think it is.

I suggest you re-read what I wrote if that's you're interpretation. I make no such claim. Also, please note, that response was written in the context of OP's original question of "Which class solos to 50 the fastest 50 outdoors?" The thread has derailed quite a bit since then.

Jadian
10-08-2019, 01:26 AM
Roughly how long did it take the first person on live to get to 50? Was it through something that would be considered an exploit on blue? Quest abuse? Pathing abuse?

One of the first things I learned on live was how to get on the freeport wall to kill guards without them being able to get to you :D

Saw a little wolf up there and a bunch of guards staring into a corner and thought hmmmm....

Verityn
10-08-2019, 01:55 AM
One of the first things I learned on live was how to get on the freeport wall to kill guards without them being able to get to you :D

Saw a little wolf up there and a bunch of guards staring into a corner and thought hmmmm....

Ha I didn't know about that one. I used to get in a group and kill the pets from the aqua goblin shaman in lake rathe. They would spawn endlessly and run to zone line where we would fight them. It was basically an inexhaustible supply of mobs who have no special attacks and could be easily killed with elemental dmg spells that mages and druids have.

The sphinx in rathe mtns had enchanter pets that would spawn one after another as fast as you could kill them. You just had to harmony the sphinx.

I was doing with this with people who were some of the first to level 50 on the servers I played on.

Jadian
10-08-2019, 02:03 AM
Ha I didn't know about that one. I used to get in a group and kill the pets from the aqua goblin shaman in lake rathe. They would spawn endlessly and run to zone line where we would fight them. It was basically an inexhaustible supply of mobs who have no special attacks and could be easily killed with elemental dmg spells that mages and druids have.

The sphinx in rathe mtns had enchanter pets that would spawn one after another as fast as you could kill them. You just had to harmony the sphinx.

I was doing with this with people who were some of the first to level 50 on the servers I played on.

Oh god that just brought back flashbacks of bunches of pets just standing on top of each other at zonelines (I'm picturing Mistmoore). At the time I thought people were just avoiding killing them, maybe that's what they were doing the whole time :confused: