PDA

View Full Version : Chanter,Bard,Cleric? since i can't play my Iksar SK

dreadscale
09-26-2019, 11:21 PM
Excited to start EQ from its initial launch, but when I was 14 the only reason I even bought the game was because I saw on the Kunark expansion box that you could play as a lizard. Even my RL friend, who wanted us to level together, couldn't convince me to roll a Human Shadowknight, so I traveled from Cabilis to Qeynos instead, to play with him. Scary times, but an unforgettable adventure.

Would like some help selecting a class to play until Kunark comes out :confused:

I was thinking Bard or Chanter, or perhaps a Shaman or Druid? I've been curious about crowd control, being a great utility in a group, but also self-sufficient outside of one.

Possibly also a class that I could have my brother play to help twink and plevel my Iksar SK when Kunark releases.

Videri
09-27-2019, 01:21 AM
Any of those would be great. Druids are the premier powerlevelers - and even if you don't truly get PL'd, just having druid buffs is a great boon (remember, no POTG until Velious). Cleric and enchanter buffs are also powerful. I think bard, enchanter, and druid would be the best at accumulating wealth/items to pass on to your new SK, but a cleric will accumulate wealth as well. Just probably not as quickly. Hope this helps!

BlackBellamy
09-27-2019, 08:20 AM
I'm kind of on the same plan. I'm going to run an Iksar Shaman. Prior to that I'm going to level a DE Cleric, and if I still have time before Kunark, a DE Enchanter. I'm going to use my cleric to meet people and get a good guild, then my chanter to do some solo farming, and once Kunark hits I should be able to twink up my shaman for a nice head start.

AbstractVision
09-27-2019, 09:14 AM
Cleric is always a useful thing to have in the bag. Also gets you access to any guild.

Bard is the way to go for selling high level PL. Boring af but big money late game.

Druid is the way to go for selling low/mid level PL. Not as boring, can farm mid level items.

Enchanter is the way to go for farming high level items. Can sort of PL via AE mem blur.

workbench
09-27-2019, 09:47 AM
based on what you said it seems like druid would be what I would pick.

Later you can port for plat which may help if you are looking to twink somewhat.

Jibartik
09-27-2019, 10:21 AM
If you dont have a cleric, and you plan on leveling a character to 50, I might suggest one.

You could always use it to help friends in need, and that usually in turn helps you in need!

Being able to have an alt cleric, especially multiple, in grouping situations really helps for wipes and deaths and stuff. And a cleric is basically proficient at that at level 49 so.. that's really handy.

I find its harder to get rez's than ports, but that's on blue.

Also a cleric is a great character to keep at level 52 for dragons!

BlackBellamy
09-27-2019, 10:36 AM
Also a cleric is a great character to keep at level 52 for dragons!

So two clerics then? Are there any other sweet level parking spots for that class :D

Jibartik
09-27-2019, 10:38 AM
So two clerics then? Are there any other sweet level parking spots for that class :D

The crypt! and the king! :D

14x cleric accounts the year is 2047 lol!

Pope Hat
09-27-2019, 03:36 PM
Ogre sk. It's superior in every way anyway