PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a person to mentor me on Druids

LoricL1222
09-26-2019, 07:28 PM
Want to play one on green but would like to find someone who has been playing a druid for a number of years and get some time on blue with them. I have read a number of guides but nothing beats real world advice. I know people will flame me but PM me if you would be willing to teach.

Baler
09-26-2019, 09:02 PM
Send a PM to Tupakk
He's a super pro drood, runs the #1 druid guild on p99 blue.
not Dael

Kyden
09-27-2019, 02:09 AM
Isnt Druid one of the easiest classes in EQ?

Fammaden
09-27-2019, 05:33 AM
Reach out to dial a port? Seriously. There's a whole lot of combined druid knowledge in one place there. Maybe not for like high end raiding stuff but for leveling/quadding/charming.

stebbins99
09-27-2019, 09:21 AM
I second Fammaden on this one! I have a druid in DaP and have nothing but nice things to say about the members of the guild. Lots of helpful folk and there are usually a variety of levels on at any point in time, great for gear / hunting spot suggestions

loramin
09-27-2019, 11:13 AM
Honestly, read whatever guides, and talk to whoever, to get the basic idea of what's possible. You should understand the core concept of:

pet fighting (charm mob A, make it fight mob B, break charm when they're both low and kill them ... ideally break charm using a Goblin Ghazughi Ring)
quadding (snare four mobs, run in circles until they wind up on top of each other, use AoE spells and your Luminescent Staff to kill them all at once)
root/rotting (this one you should use rarely, and doesn't require any special knowledge at all)

All that's worth learning from others, because not everyone thinks to do charm fighting or quadding on their own, and even if they do some details (eg. snare is essential for quadding, knowing about those two key items I mentioned) aren't immediately obvious.

But really everything else you can/should learn by doing. Druids are not hard: go to the Per-Level Guide and filter for Druids, or use any of the lists in the Druid guides, and just get out there and start leveling!

honeybee12874
09-27-2019, 01:05 PM
What type of questions do you have? I'm not an expert by any means but I do main a Druid lol. I also plan to play a Druid (albeit, very casually) on Green, FWIW.

Jibartik
09-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Hey everyone...

If we could get a druid that would organize like 16 or 19 younger druids to like meet up in the Karanas for green, and do lessons that would be great.

But I require that all of you like stand in an organized lines and grids with a teacher during the lessons, like in PE class, so it looks like Everquest Hogwarts ok?

https://i.imgur.com/BOMgRjD.gif

stebbins99
09-27-2019, 01:59 PM
Hahah I love this idea Jibartik!

The classroom = Surefall Glade
Recess = Qeynos hills
The angry recess aide = Holly Windstalker

Erati
09-27-2019, 02:07 PM
Honestly, read whatever guides, and talk to whoever, to get the basic idea of what's possible. You should understand the core concept of:

pet fighting (charm mob A, make it fight mob B, break charm when they're both low and kill them ... ideally break charm using a Goblin Ghazughi Ring)
quadding (snare four mobs, run in circles until they wind up on top of each other, use AoE spells and your Luminescent Staff to kill them all at once)
root/rotting (this one you should use rarely, and doesn't require any special knowledge at all)

All that's worth learning from others, because not everyone thinks to do charm fighting or quadding on their own, and even if they do some details (eg. snare is essential for quadding, knowing about those two key items I mentioned) aren't immediately obvious.

But really everything else you can/should learn by doing. Druids are not hard: go to the Per-Level Guide and filter for Druids, or use any of the lists in the Druid guides, and just get out there and start leveling!

Both the Gaz ring and Lumi staff are Kunark items....cmon brah!

Druids first magical wisdom item should be the free of charge tainted battleworn morning star from Kith as Paw of Opalla gonna be a bitch to camp and PKT will cost your entire net worth x2.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tainted_Battleworn_Morning_Star

honeybee12874
09-27-2019, 02:30 PM

Ooof!

Luckily, I don't have either of those items. So it seems I've been preparing myself for Green all this time and didn't even know it.

DMN
09-27-2019, 05:21 PM

Druids first magical wisdom item should be the free of charge tainted battleworn morning star from Kith as Paw of Opalla gonna be a bitch to camp and PKT will cost your entire net worth x2.

I don't think the item dropping undead in kith existed until hate was opened.

Jibartik
09-27-2019, 05:28 PM
7/33 6 Wis? Sounds way way too OP

Soudns like that 4 Wis 10 MR item from kerra isle. (https://wiki.project1999.com/Bone_Talisman)

Items like that hose items are not the type of items teen level characters would be using in Everquest.

If that came out of pre-dark kith you'd be able to get that morning star in your teens too.

You'd be able to obtain both of those items before you were 20 if they are on green. lll run the bone quest and put a guide online so we make sure to get rid of it, or every priest on the server will be holding an unclassic bone! :)

Edit: I mean look at the itemization in the Kerra Island zone right now (https://wiki.project1999.com/Kerra_Island), this would be the hottest zone in Everquest if those items dropped at launch. I dont have any thing but "this is obviously not classic" as proof though.

loramin
09-27-2019, 05:46 PM

I know, but they'll be on Green someday. Even if OP is already 50 by the time Kunark comes out (which is not at all guaranteed), they'll for sure be leveling in up to 60 in Velious. Those items are worth knowing about.

You're right though: I'm not used to giving Green advice, and such advice should include a "(but this stuff won't be available right away)" for clarity.

As for the paw and the rest ... worrying about stats gear as a leveling caster is a chump move IMHO. Now don't get me wrong, Loramin wasted plenty of time on the paw, the testament, and other +wis items on live: I was a chump.

But when I leveled my Druid on Blue he still had half his slots empty at 60. I did twink him with the Goblin Ring/Lumi Staff (and 50+ he got a Fungi). But aside from those items (which won't exist on Green ... but not having them is not going to magically make stat gear good) he leveled almost entirely in stuff he picked up while leveling (I think I might have given him a single platinum fire wedding ring I had lying around or something, but that's it).

My very strong advice to Druids (and casters in general on Green) is, focus on leveling not gear. Whatever you loot in the process will be more than you need. Then, when you're at the pinnacle of your power (level 50 with all spells!), that's the time to get your stats up.

Proccing weapons, clickies (what few there are in classic), research spells, JBoots, Levi Cloak ... all that might be worth delaying leveling for ... but not stat gear.

GreldorEQ
09-27-2019, 08:50 PM
Pst Grelwin in game. I show you de way.