PDA

View Full Version : Will Epic drops be in the game at Kunark launch?

Kraznor
09-26-2019, 03:59 PM
As I stated on the thread about extending Kunark duration, I think the most important issue there is that we will have very little time to get epics during kunark. Yeah, people will still be able to get them during Velious, but only 1 per week per class due to the 7 day timers on a bunch of Epic mobs.

My question is this: Even though it is stated in the timeline that Epics will start in April 2021, will the DROPS for the epics be in at Kunark launch? Or not until April?

Because if it's in April, there will only be a max of 12 epics per class due to respawn timers (not including server resets). That sucks hardcore for anyone who doesn't want to zerg. Because zerg guilds will own every epic. EVEN IF we can loot the items at Kunark launch (Nov 2020), then there will still be only 28 (7 months) Epics of each class.

This seems pretty low, as I would estimate we will have about 5000 people at launch. That could be way off but I see typically 900 people online at a time right now. So 5000 total players isn't exaggerating I don't think.

Can we get increased spawn timers on epic mobs if this is the case? It would suck to work for months, or even years, and never be able to complete your Epic just because you don't want to Zerg.

soronil
09-26-2019, 04:06 PM
If the only use of an item or mob is an epic quest, it probably won't be in until that patch. Many items needed are existing items (like Ghoulbane for pally/sk).

Also, some of the epic pieces become easier to get later (like if the item drops in a zone that got revamped... like hate)

If you want to get an epic fast / easy, play on live or play on blue. The people running this server are not going to bend the rules so that you can play the way you want to. The whole point is to recreate classic. Not everyone was able to get their epic on classic. At least if you aren't able to finish in green, you can finish once you roll over to blue.

loramin
09-26-2019, 04:08 PM
I can't speak for the devs ... but look I pretty much can on this one: Green is about classic EverQuest, not anyone's personal preference.

The point of the server isn't to be "good" by anyone's standards: it's to be faithful to how things were back in 1999-2001. And you know what: Kunark raid mobs back then were dominated by the classic equivalent of our servers' AA guilds (eg. Club Fu and Arch Overseers on my server, Bristlebane).

So look, like you said you can still get them in Velious, and I'm not sure even the staff knows how long Green will last. You'll likely have a healthy amount of "Velious time" to do so.

But if you want the uber loot in classic EQ, you join an uber guild ... that's the game. If it's not the game for you, Blue will still be here :)

Danth
09-26-2019, 04:09 PM
Don't make a Magician.

Edit: It took me over 4 years real-time to complete my Shadow Knight epic on "blue" because of there being so much competition for some of the pieces. Epic quests are called epic for a reason, and good things are worth waiting for.

Danth

Kraznor
09-26-2019, 04:17 PM
I'm beginning to see why people in the progression server forums always bitched about the community here. Nothing but attitude. Literally none of the 3 posters here know the answer to my question, but felt the need to use passive aggressive insults instead... well 2 of em did, Danth was actually funny, even if he is serious.

What I found revealing was the thread of the 2 top guilds, one offered to share NToV with small guilds if the other agreed... and the other didn't agree so the small guilds can't even kill Aary. I was told that the top 2 guilds hog all of the targets on p99. Guess it's true. Hardly a good community if that's true. Ah well, I guess I won't waste my time then as I hate zergs, they are akin to cheating as they lack the requirement of skill.

Kudos. Rock on, Pantheon. Glad I'm in Alpha.

Videri
09-26-2019, 04:25 PM
You make a good case for why it would be nice to have epic items drop early, but the devs here try to stick to classicness above all else. Even if it means not everyone gets certain items.

That said, I'm sure you'll get your epic if you work on it.

BTW the answer to the question of whether epic items will drop early is: if the devs are aware the item shouldn't drop until Kunark, then it will not drop until Kunark. This depends on whether players can find evidence and whether they report it.

Vexenu
09-26-2019, 04:28 PM
You seem a little oversensitive. No one was rude to you. They just explained that the goal of this project is not to provide every player a quick path to their epic. It's to emulate the experience and timeline of classic EQ. Most players did not have epics back in the day, and most certainly did not have epics before Velious released. A limited number of epics during Kunark is classic.

Danth
09-26-2019, 04:32 PM
Just noticed your join date. You're new here. Understand that P1999 has ten years of history. The intentions and attitudes of the lead admins here are well-known, even if the admins themselves don't necessarily comment on everything.

Loramin wasn't insulting you; his post can and should be taken at face value. The people who created P1999 are "true believers" in the sense that they want to re-create the original game, both the good and the bad about it. My Magician comment wasn't solely a joke--it was a joke rooted in truth: A couple patches ago, the major bottleneck in the already-super-rare Mage epic questline was made even MORE rare due to evidence being provided that it was indeed classic that way.

Without de-railing the thread, if you browse Loramin's post history you'll find he's every bit as disgusted by the domination of big guilds on P99 as you are, if not more so.

Danth

Vizax_Xaziv
09-26-2019, 04:51 PM
I'm beginning to see why people in the progression server forums always bitched about the community here. Nothing but attitude. Literally none of the 3 posters here know the answer to my question, but felt the need to use passive aggressive insults instead... well 2 of em did, Danth was actually funny, even if he is serious.

What I found revealing was the thread of the 2 top guilds, one offered to share NToV with small guilds if the other agreed... and the other didn't agree so the small guilds can't even kill Aary. I was told that the top 2 guilds hog all of the targets on p99. Guess it's true. Hardly a good community if that's true. Ah well, I guess I won't waste my time then as I hate zergs, they are akin to cheating as they lack the requirement of skill.

Kudos. Rock on, Pantheon. Glad I'm in Alpha.

I really wish Green99 had released sooner, shortly after Velious opened on Blue, OR the opening of two-or-more Green99 servers!

I was extremely excited when Green99 was announced but after playing Classic WOW for the past few weeks and thinking a lot about it, Green99 seems far less appealing. I FULLY expect the exact same group/groups of people who've dominated Blue99 for nearly half a decade now to dominate Green99 as well. If you wanna make ANY end-game progress on your character, you'll have to join one singular guild or go without.

Keep in mind that these same individuals will continue to dominate Blue99 as well, since all they have to do is FTE a mob and login their pre-camped raid force.

It's a shame Green didn't launch sooner (around the opening of Velious on Blue, perhaps.) The neckbeards wouldn't have been able to dominate BOTH servers had that been the case.

Vizax_Xaziv
09-26-2019, 05:02 PM
A couple patches ago, the major bottleneck in the already-super-rare Mage epic questline was made even MORE rare due to evidence being provided that it was indeed classic that way.

the domination of big guilds on P99 as you are, if not more so.

At which point we as a community maybe need to get together and start really thinking about how we want Green99 to play out. Are we OK with the SAME GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS monopolizing 90% of all end-game on Green99 just as they have on Blue?

New players/guilds will NOT be able to compete w/ the people who've spent the last 10-years mastering Classic EverQuest as well the quirks present in the Project1999 code specifically.

Kraznor
09-26-2019, 05:06 PM
I really wish Green99 had released sooner, shortly after Velious opened on Blue, OR the opening of two-or-more Green99 servers!

I was extremely excited when Green99 was announced but after playing Classic WOW for the past few weeks and thinking a lot about it, Green99 seems far less appealing. I FULLY expect the exact same group/groups of people who've dominated Blue99 for nearly half a decade now to dominate Green99 as well. If you wanna make ANY end-game progress on your character, you'll have to join one singular guild or go without.

Keep in mind that these same individuals will continue to dominate Blue99 as well, since all they have to do is FTE a mob and login their pre-camped raid force.

It's a shame Green didn't launch sooner (around the opening of Velious on Blue, perhaps.) The neckbeards wouldn't have been able to dominate BOTH servers had that been the case.

Thanks. I was REALLY hoping that the people who dissed this place were full of shit and it wasn't THAT bad... I try to give people the benefit of doubt... but I'm convinced now that you are right, and anyone who doesn't want to zerg is fukt. Prolly fukt even if you do like to zerg if you can't get into the top guild. Who wants to put hundreds of hours into a game only to be limited to what you can accomplish due to a couple of jerks who hog all the action?

This place is a cesspool, the trolls even diss comedy when you post it here. Uninstalling as we speak. I'd rather play on Live for free than deal with douchebags.

Kraznor
09-26-2019, 05:08 PM
Just noticed your join date. You're new here. Understand that P1999 has ten years of history. The intentions and attitudes of the lead admins here are well-known, even if the admins themselves don't necessarily comment on everything.

Loramin wasn't insulting you; his post can and should be taken at face value. The people who created P1999 are "true believers" in the sense that they want to re-create the original game, both the good and the bad about it. My Magician comment wasn't solely a joke--it was a joke rooted in truth: A couple patches ago, the major bottleneck in the already-super-rare Mage epic questline was made even MORE rare due to evidence being provided that it was indeed classic that way.

Without de-railing the thread, if you browse Loramin's post history you'll find he's every bit as disgusted by the domination of big guilds on P99 as you are, if not more so.

Danth

Yeah, I heard that. 10 years of the same dickheads monopolizing content. I didn't believe it. Turns out it's true, and guys like you push it, likely because you're one of those jerks who hog it all. Enjoy your pixels, I don't have time for nonsense like this.

Good for Loramin. Too bad he does nothing about it.

Vexenu
09-26-2019, 05:17 PM
Lol at this guy joining the forum a few days ago, demanding changes to Green to suit his preferences, acting as if a ten-year old project with tens of thousands of man hours invested should immediately bend to his entitled fancies. Then he makes a ton of unfounded assumptions about other posters and players, and finally has the nerve to call us dickheads and douchebags who inhabit a cesspool.

Basically what I'm saying is you're a great addition to the community. Welcome!

Vizax_Xaziv
09-26-2019, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I heard that. 10 years of the same dickheads monopolizing content. I didn't believe it. Turns out it's true, and guys like you push it, likely because you're one of those jerks who hog it all. Enjoy your pixels, I don't have time for nonsense like this.

Good for Loramin. Too bad he does nothing about it.

What's most disheartening is the realization that the exact same players who've monopolized Blue99 will monopolize Green just the same. Oh well at least we have Classic WOW and (eventually) Pantheon!

Rooj
09-26-2019, 05:28 PM

Green99 is going to be exactly the same way, regardless of what people say or think. And EQ's community has always been this way, I don't really understand why it used to get so much praise. Yes, it houses some of the nicest people I've ever met in my life, but it also houses plenty of the worst. If you look through some of the oldest EQ related threads you can find on the internet, you'll see plenty of the same rude arrogance you'll see here, Live, or anywhere else. IMO most of the people who touted EQ's community as some form of utopia never made it to raiding and were the kind of people who just leveled a bunch of characters to level 10-20 and kept being given a bunch of free gear.

With slow paced and often boring old games like Everquest, a lot of people have nothing better to do than post on forums (thus the term Forumquest) and you'll find that many of those people are best avoided - and sometimes the forums altogether. With that said, you don't really sound any different from the people you were complaining about...

Lastly, zerg guilds ran Blue99 and they will run Green99 also. Even though it might be neat to see some kind of cap put on guild member numbers, staff will probably never interfere, mostly because it wouldn't be classic. You can certainly still play the game in a pleasant guild like I did, with little to no batphoning and a much smaller roster, buuuut most of that roster won't see epics until after Velious. If Green99 is intending to follow the exact classic patch timeline dates this time unlike Blue99 (which was in Kunark for years), then at the very least we'll have a much smaller time period before the Velious epic changes come.

Lordgordon
09-26-2019, 05:43 PM
< Cry Babies > is recruiting and we are interested in your services. Please dont uninstall

Danth
09-26-2019, 06:12 PM
Turns out it's true, and guys like you push it, likely because you're one of those jerks who hog it all. Enjoy your pixels, I don't have time for nonsense like this.

Wow, don't let things like knowing nothing about someone stop you from making up whatever you want in support of your wild ranting. Oh, and you're wrong again. I'm noticing you have quite the knack for making wrong assumptions. Better tell my guildies we're hogging pixels now. All ten of us who've been on lately.

Got any actual questions about green or are you going to continue trying to pick a fight with just about everyone who tries to interact with you?

Danth

Wenai
09-26-2019, 07:33 PM
Don't make a Magician.

Edit: It took me over 4 years real-time to complete my Shadow Knight epic on "blue" because of there being so much competition for some of the pieces. Epic quests are called epic for a reason, and good things are worth waiting for.

Danth

I agree with you. One of the things that makes me sad though is that so many players on Green will be dumped into Blue without really ever completing it in the Green timeline. It is unfortunate, but necessary

Glenzig
09-27-2019, 10:06 AM
OP seems very stable.

deadlycupcak3z
09-27-2019, 10:16 AM
OP sounds like shambot

Erati
09-27-2019, 02:26 PM
Green will have zerg guilds as well...if you think you can kill Lady Vox or Cazic Thule with 25 lvl 50s you are in for a real bad time.

Canelek
09-27-2019, 10:43 PM
OP is a bit of a bitch.

Hope this helps. ;D

Tethler
09-27-2019, 11:20 PM
Lol. OP joins server, makes a bunch of assumptions about shit he doesn't know, then ragequits server based on said assumptions.

Bye Felicia.