PDA

View Full Version : Seafuries on GREEN99!!!!

Vizax_Xaziv
09-26-2019, 02:22 PM
Will the Seafuries be dropping gems as originally-intended during the Classic era of EverQuest? If so, can the players be trusted not to ruin it again, or will the same madness and insanity ensue?

soronil
09-26-2019, 02:33 PM
I think you can expect that any non-classic change that was made on blue will also be made on green, for the same reasons the change was made on blue.

Jibartik
09-26-2019, 03:00 PM
There was a question about this a little while ago, the going theory is that the change was to fix unclassic itemization, and so we should probubly expect the current drop rate.

zaneosak
09-26-2019, 03:05 PM
Were seafuries changed for P99 specifically or was the change something that was part of the timeline? I forget. If it was changed on P99 specifically it might go in immediately, otherwise you can expect it to be changed at the correct moment in the timeline.

Jimjam
09-26-2019, 03:15 PM
Sea furies were fixed to drop gems at the classic rate. Previously they were bugged to be too 'generous'.

I did sea furies the other day. They still drop gems. I got 6 in 13 kills.

Kraznor
09-26-2019, 03:37 PM
Sea furies were fixed to drop gems at the classic rate. Previously they were bugged to be too 'generous'.

Excellent.

Videri
09-26-2019, 04:02 PM
Will the Seafuries be dropping gems as originally-intended during the Classic era of EverQuest?

Yes...hehehehehe

----

If so, can the players be trusted not to ruin it again, or will the same madness and insanity ensue?

They weren't nerfed because of player behavior. They were nerfed to a more classic drop rate because evidence was presented. I looked and I can't find the thread with the evidence...does anyone have a link to it?

----

Some think they are still worth doing, though. So don't lament.

Vizax_Xaziv
09-26-2019, 04:40 PM
Some think they are still worth doing, though. So don't lament.

Well that certainly doesn't sound "classic" to me. Seafuries were universally accepted as being essentially THE #1 cashcamp during Classic and Kunark.

I very clearly remember farming them night-after-night on my friend's lvl 60 Wizzy while he was on vacation one summer.

Jimjam
09-26-2019, 04:44 PM
They are only viewed bad now from the perspective that they used to drop 1-2 items worth 1-200pp each per kill.

It was rediculous, i remember making 1k every other quad while waiting for my turn on AC. Not classic and proven not classic with logs.

~150pp for a quad is still good.

Wenai
09-26-2019, 07:29 PM
I have no idea what happened to the drop rates I originally setup back in 1999 but the amount of gems that Jimjam listed is about what I would expect to see as drops (I know he listed a pretty small sample size). I am going to guess someone over the years may have increased them?

I know at one point some changed one my tables to include Sapphire Necklace/Ruby Crown at Seafurries which was just wrong. That was likely an inadvertent change and not done on purpose.

So rates being changed over a 10 year period would not have surprised me.

LostCause
09-26-2019, 08:05 PM
Were seafuries changed for P99 specifically or was the change something that was part of the timeline? I forget. If it was changed on P99 specifically it might go in immediately, otherwise you can expect it to be changed at the correct moment in the timeline.

i know on live they were changed they still droped gems but not ruby crowns etc.

Baler
09-26-2019, 08:58 PM
nothing will beat me trying to play everquest from satellite internet across a lake in a foreign country farming seafuries.

That shit was classic.

Cyph
09-26-2019, 09:36 PM
For me, the Seafuries weren't just about the loot, it was about the whole experience:

Everyone had to take the boat to get there, unless they bound and gated
Watching the sun set and rise
The sound of the waves crashing
The best OOC in any zone, in my opinion
Teamwork to help strangers with the epic mobs that would cause chaos on that island
Plenty of good, quite, exp spots

I farmed the junk out of it with my druid, cursing those shamans and necros who would take mobs from my quads. Then with my shaman, I cursed those druids who took mobs for my dots and rots.

Those were the days. Much love.