PDA

View Full Version : Extended Kunark Duration!

Vizax_Xaziv
09-26-2019, 01:59 PM
Please extend the duration of the Kunark expansion on Green99 from seven to a full twelve months!

Thank you!

El-Hefe
09-26-2019, 02:03 PM
Not classic.

Give people too much time in Kunark and suddenly Velious isn’t nearly as difficult as it is suppose to be.

Deathrydar
09-26-2019, 02:11 PM
#NOCHANGES

soronil
09-26-2019, 02:14 PM
That's 13 months by my count!

* November 2020: Ruins of Kunark
* July 2021: Scars of Velious

This is what he's talking about. time in Velious before Kunark.
Though I think 7 months is plenty of time, assuming you are starting at level 50 and aren't dicking around with a bunch of alts or leveling up iksar. You gotta make choices. But with a Wiki and 20 years of knowledge, it will feel like we had a lot more time than people did back on live considering most of those people did not start when the game launched, and took a very long time to reach 50... if they ever did!)

brandon0515
09-26-2019, 02:17 PM
Agreed do not extend the duration! The whole point of Green is to re-create the classic experience and by longing the duration of Kunark would make it much more easier come Velious, quoting what El-Hefe said.

Deathrydar
09-26-2019, 02:17 PM

Though I think 7 months is plenty of time, assuming you are starting at level 50 and aren't dicking around with a bunch of alts or leveling up iksar. You gotta make choices. But with a Wiki and 20 years of knowledge, it will feel like we had a lot more time than people did back on live considering most of those people did not start when the game launched, and took a very long time to reach 50... if they ever did!)

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I misread his post. Sorry and thank you for not allowing me to cover up my mistake!

Jibartik
09-26-2019, 02:18 PM
Not classic.

Give people too much time in Kunark and suddenly Velious isn’t nearly as difficult as it is suppose to be.

Truth lets wake the sleeper in rags! :D (JK though idc about that thing)

Fammaden
09-26-2019, 02:18 PM
If anything the duration of velious should be extended by like seven years.

El-Hefe
09-26-2019, 02:22 PM
If anything the duration of velious should be extended by like seven years.

Nah, then the server just ends up a playground for twinks and raiders.

/em gestures toward Blue.

Wurl
09-26-2019, 02:23 PM
Kunark is the era I'm least interested in. Bring on Velious IMO!

Kraznor
09-26-2019, 03:53 PM

A more important issue is the lack of time for Epics. Only a VERY FEW people will be allowed to get epics done, as we will only have Epics for TWELVE people of each class not counting server resets. That means that only the zergiest of guilds will get epics for a select few of their folks.

Either lower the respawn timer for Epic mobs to give more people a chance, or you will find a TON of people bitching about no epic chances from 12 weeks of Epic eligibility.

EVEN IF we can still get Epic drops (not sure of this) from Kunark launch... it will still be only 28 people of each class that get the drops (again, not counting server resets). That's pretty lame if there are 5,000 people playing.

soronil
09-26-2019, 04:09 PM
EVEN IF we can still get Epic drops (not sure of this) from Kunark launch... it will still be only 28 people of each class that get the drops (again, not counting server resets). That's pretty lame if there are 5,000 people playing.

28:5000 people have epics? Sounds classic.

BlackBellamy
09-26-2019, 05:12 PM
28:5000 people have epics? Sounds classic.

Epics went in with Kunark, so that's Nov 2020 and Green shuts down no earlier than Jan 2023. I think that's a fine amount of time for everyone to help me get my Spear of Fate.

9/19/2000

*New Epic Quests*

We are pleased to announce that we have implemented new "Fiery Avenger"
style quests for every class in the game (including paladins). The
ultimate reward for each quest boasts a custom model with unique
particle effects. We think that you will be pleased.

Good luck to everyone on your quest.

Vizax_Xaziv
09-26-2019, 05:29 PM
Epics aren't in til about 4 months after Kunark opens according the Green announcement-post

Jibartik
09-26-2019, 05:31 PM
Man I cannot wait to play trashcan Veloius! I mean, I really cant wait for that! I am so excited!

Wenai
09-26-2019, 07:31 PM
My heart agrees with you, but my respect for the ideology of the server unfortunately disagrees. The entire point is to be released in a proper time progression. As much as I dislike Velious personally.

Nagoya
09-26-2019, 07:43 PM
i think when you make a custom server for yourself you can make a command like #summonepic and boom, you have your epic. maybe look into that. green server is about playing a stupid 20 y.o. game that is crazy bonkers hard and rewards only a tiny group of even crazier neckbeard pooopsockers with sweet pixels while everyone else is doomed to only enjoy the journey and the memories without the top tier pixels. in fact, if every one had had an epic 20 years ago, you wouldn't even remember what it was or what it was called. it is indeed because it was epic that you remember them and still wanna chase them after all these years. stay immersed bro. (PS: i never had and never will have an epic)

Baler
09-26-2019, 09:05 PM
5 years of kunark is technically classic. . . . on p99

aaezil
09-26-2019, 09:08 PM
A more important issue is the lack of time for Epics. Only a VERY FEW people will be allowed to get epics done, as we will only have Epics for TWELVE people of each class not counting server resets. That means that only the zergiest of guilds will get epics for a select few of their folks.

Either lower the respawn timer for Epic mobs to give more people a chance, or you will find a TON of people bitching about no epic chances from 12 weeks of Epic eligibility.

You forgot to count earthquakes (or patch respawns if green will do it that way)

Vizax_Xaziv
09-26-2019, 09:15 PM
i think when you make a custom server for yourself you can make a command like #summonepic and boom, you have your epic. maybe look into that. green server is about playing a stupid 20 y.o. game that is crazy bonkers hard and rewards only a tiny group of even crazier neckbeard pooopsockers with sweet pixels while everyone else is doomed to only enjoy the journey and the memories without the top tier pixels. in fact, if every one had had an epic 20 years ago, you wouldn't even remember what it was or what it was called. it is indeed because it was epic that you remember them and still wanna chase them after all these years. stay immersed bro. (PS: i never had and never will have an epic)

Except alot of this just isn't true. I got my WARRIOR Epic'd back in the day, VERY early Velious, and I wasn't even that hardcore of a player (I wasn't even level 60 when I completed my Epic for example)

Fammaden
09-26-2019, 10:37 PM
I remember guilds who were raiding Velious content also doing epics the entire way through Velious. There were many many people who didn't get them early or even ever finished them at all, despite being max level raiders.

Madbad
09-26-2019, 10:47 PM
Voted 1 star

Solist
09-27-2019, 09:23 AM
There's a reason well through luclin there was 'grats xxxx on epic' posts on FoH/AL/etc webpages. They're epic. You should be in ToV with a bunch of clerics who cant click.

Whythewhy
10-01-2019, 11:31 AM
That green train hype me but i am very suprised how that time line is shocking anyone. (on the forum apparently)

I am completly agree with the fact that everything has to stay classic.
You cant argue with that because this is the final project.

But this is a hardcore game with hardocre penalty death. (corps run, exp lose etc...)
As casual, i am shure that the average player will be never at his top when the new content will go out and certainly during Velious until the end of the server.
To be honest, i really think that green dump into blue is GREAT thing and allow player to finish what they started initialy. In parallel, the green server start over again.
Imo that's the best way to reroll. But end game wise, we, mortel, need T I M E.

3 years is nothing.

Am i alone who want to stay ALSO on blue server and keep progressing with his favorite class in stead of rerolling this same class and start over again.

From a guy who doesnt want to be left alone on blue because there is a epic rogue sold at 30k in EC tunnel.

Mblake81
10-01-2019, 12:24 PM
green server is about playing a stupid 20 y.o. game that is crazy bonkers hard and rewards only a tiny group of even crazier neckbeard pooopsockers with sweet pixels while everyone else is doomed to only enjoy the journey and the memories without the top tier pixels. in fact, if every one had had an epic 20 years ago, you wouldn't even remember what it was or what it was called. it is indeed because it was epic that you remember them and still wanna chase them after all these years. stay immersed bro. (PS: i never had and never will have an epic)

Waiting patiently for classic only no expansion server. I would take a graphic engine update like that found on the wiki.

https://i.imgur.com/a8rKL7I.jpg

Jibartik
10-01-2019, 12:38 PM
This guys work is magic.

Gustoo
10-01-2019, 12:53 PM
Who made graphic engine update?

Vanilla classic is the best.

Kunark launched way too early on P99

Kunark was live for way way way too long on p99 before velious

On red99, velious should never have launched.

Madbad
10-01-2019, 12:54 PM

Mblake81
10-01-2019, 12:58 PM
Who made graphic engine update?

Kunark launched way too early on P99

Kunark was live for way way way too long on p99 before velious

I should clarify, I mean I would take a graphic engine in this style. Its updated but you still have square edges and it still has the classic engines art style. That picture is from a rendering done by ToddFX. (https://wiki.project1999.com/Fan_Art_and_Creative_Works#toddfx_3d_renderings)

I'm a 3D artist by trade and by hobby, and have recently been obsessed with capturing scenes from Everquest with a little extra twist to them. To make my life easier, I have recruited the help of a piece of software called "3D Ripper DX" which monitors the graphics card and captures any 3D geometry and bitmap images that are sent through. From there I can load the fully texture mapped scenes up in 3D Studio Max and go to work on them.

My goal for these images was to bring a semi-realistic feel to the Norrath we all know and love so much. The realm contains some truly beautiful scenes, and I am curious to see what they might look like when taken to the next level of CG. I wanted to see how good of a result I could get using the painfully fragmented geometry and miniature sized textures used in the game. --toddfx

https://i.imgur.com/dObivpj.jpg

This guys work is magic.

https://i.imgur.com/qChDTxw.jpg

Madbad
10-01-2019, 01:00 PM
TBH i would play the shit out of that

Jimjam
10-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Mates, its going to be awesome for casuals having a relatively young server; perhaps the mid level population will be high enough, and the surplus of tradable high end items low enough, that places like rygorr fort will be worth visiting for xp AND gear.

That rygorr armour has decent stats and looks great, but it can't compete with the other available gear on blue!

Tyronius of Midnight
10-01-2019, 02:09 PM
It is imperative that we delay the launch of green so that management can implement and test /guildwar.