PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "what class thread"

Tobius
09-24-2019, 11:22 PM
So I have a warrior and a bard on blue.
I ideally want to get some guises and shit to bring over if ther servers merge.
I also want to bind at firepots.
More optimum to be a non porter class.

So I'm think I'm looking at Cleric? Can get my brother to rezz me with the char in the future?

Do Eru Necros start with Ok erudin factions before paineel was invented.

Just wondering what the optimum would be...

Videri
09-24-2019, 11:38 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Guise_of_the_Deceiver is no-drop.

Erudite necros are said to start at Dubious, one faction hit away from Threateningly. Should be doable.

You could also wait for Kunark and make an Iksar one.

Probably one of the best things you could get on Green to bring to Blue would be a Holgresh Elder Beads for your bard to use in pulling.

El-Hefe
09-25-2019, 03:05 AM
So I have a warrior and a bard on blue.
I ideally want to get some guises and shit to bring over if ther servers merge.

I don’t get this part of everyone’s plan. You know that when the merge a new green server is gonna start and most of the population is probably gonna move to that one, right?

It’s like seasons in Diablo. It’s not about filling up your Scrooge McDuck vault, it’s about doing as well as possible during the course of the “Season” before starting again in the next season.

Solist
09-25-2019, 04:39 AM
Because beads are significantly better than https://wiki.project1999.com/Singing_Steel_Helm

Which costs nothing and except for being double the cast time, is same same.

AbstractVision
09-25-2019, 04:41 AM
Seasons that last almost 4 years.

Right now everyone has rose tinted goggles on. Dreaming about phat lewt.

Go for cleric if you don't have one already. Easy epic, and you will love having a pocket cleric.

Videri
09-25-2019, 04:41 AM
Because beads are significantly better than https://wiki.project1999.com/Singing_Steel_Helm

Which costs nothing and except for being double the cast time, is same same.

Never mind, OP, you're all set.

Tobius
09-25-2019, 05:27 PM
Cleric - Level 14
Druid - Level 14
Shaman - Level 14
Necromancer - Level 12
Wizard - Level 12
Magician - Level 12
Enchanter - Level 12

So these are the cats that can bind.
I have a shaman bound at firepots on blue already.
Wizards and Druids can already port so they benefit less.
But I do lose out on porting for cash.

Enchanters can illusion and faction themselves well but then they don't benefit from guise as much... But charm allows them to get a lot of other things...

Clerics get rezz too... Starting to think about that, both clerics and Necros should have an easier time on guise and other camps.
Race/god becomes a problem as well.

So I'm thinking Mage or Necro... Other clases could buy a shot of locket of escape...

Does Skeleton illusion spells do anything for faction?

Mages i've heard are great soloers in classic.

soronil
09-25-2019, 06:09 PM
So is firebot bind + lvl 12 stein of moggok ench mule a get rich quick scheme??

Jibartik
09-25-2019, 06:09 PM
Everyone planning but really 99% of us are gonna buckle and roll troll shaman day 1 :o

kaev
09-25-2019, 06:15 PM
Half elf paladin! Do good and look good doing it!

Jibartik
09-25-2019, 08:10 PM
If the 100% damage on dots is in Im playing a druid.

BlackBellamy
09-25-2019, 09:04 PM
If the 100% damage on dots is in Im playing a druid.

If that was fixed pre-Kunark then probably no.

Shrubwise
09-25-2019, 09:06 PM
Middle-Upper class

Verityn
09-25-2019, 09:21 PM
If that was fixed pre-Kunark then probably no.

Well before Kunark. Specifically the nerf on dots doing full dmg while the mob is moving.

Jibartik
09-25-2019, 10:16 PM
Well before Kunark. Specifically the nerf on dots doing full dmg while the mob is moving.

From and including: Sunday, March 16, 1999
To, but not including Monday, September 13, 1999
Result: 181 days

Nagoya
09-25-2019, 11:10 PM
wait what. for the first six month mobs take full damage from dots even if moving!? lol.
my poor poor nagoya. that's like root rot on steroids.

Jibartik
09-25-2019, 11:12 PM
The only people that liked it were the people that took advantage of it, the rest of the player base spurned druids like they would a rabid dog.

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't implemented on green, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

bodenn
09-26-2019, 12:01 AM
The only people that liked it were the people that took advantage of it, the rest of the player base spurned druids like they would a rabid dog.

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't implemented on green, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Oh I remember the butt hurt the day that patch came. Druids everywhere in the chat yelling how unfair it was.

Cyph
09-26-2019, 12:12 AM
Oh I remember that. I rolled a druid after the change though. It was out of control.

Gustoo
09-26-2019, 12:12 AM
It makes them better but doesn't change them a lot to me. I think it's dumb that dots don't work for full on moving mobs. Doesn't make sense.

The change that makes biggest diff is the pet class exp robbery which results in chain casting being only good way to have a pet solo

Gustoo
09-26-2019, 12:22 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3134&highlight=pets&page=2

9 years ago for reference.

I am pretty sure this is a custom change that totally changes the way pet classes can play the game. Hopefully not intact on green.

soronil
09-26-2019, 08:29 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3134&highlight=pets&page=2

9 years ago for reference.

I am pretty sure this is a custom change that totally changes the way pet classes can play the game. Hopefully not intact on green.

Did Rogean ever follow up with the proof that this was the behavior on live? I assumed that implemented 50% because that's how it was on live, but the fact that he said he would consider 1% in that thread suggests it wasn't a change to match classic but a judgement call...
#freethemages

Jibartik
09-26-2019, 08:47 AM
It makes them better but doesn't change them a lot to me. I think it's dumb that dots don't work for full on moving mobs. Doesn't make sense

With the dots doing full damage (keep in mind kiting was something game developers had no idea would exist as it was invented by players after launch) a druid was able to kill an unlimited number of mobs with sow and 1 dot at level 14+

It was the most broken thing ever. Well at (some point) players would discover swarm kiting lol but until then, this was the swarm kiting of EQ :cool:

You would see druids basically bard kiting mobs, or what it seemed to regular players.

If this bug is in, the first 50 will be a druid for sure. It's so broken lol

IDK if I was in control, Id be cautious about this one.

Lucky for me I am not, and maybe get to use it ;)

Edit: I bet it was more frustrating for players because at the time druids seemed to have like every power imaginable and those miserable Halflings even got an exp bonus! haha

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder
09-26-2019, 09:08 AM
Anyone remember the cleric AA called "Turn Undead"?

Was a MASSIVE fear DoT for undead. When it was 3/3 for levels it was utterly repugnant how much damage it did. Aaaaaaaand then they made most undead immune to fear in the planes. So it became useless over night.

First tick would hit them then it wore off immediately.

Shame really i had some great chuckles in Howling Stones with an enchanter mate. We used to AoE almost entire wings at a time with it. Cooldown was long but every hour or so we could fuck up a whole wing of HS :D

kaev
09-26-2019, 06:48 PM
Edit: I bet it was more frustrating for players because at the time druids seemed to have like every power imaginable and those miserable Halflings even got an exp bonus! haha

Most of the frustration had to do with training rather than jealousy. Many a lowbie was slaughtered by mobs much higher level than them being kited around, already agro'd mobs would happily jump any KOS PC they got close to back then.