PDA

View Full Version : Families

tsuchang
09-24-2019, 06:01 PM
I remember a fella saying there was the option to have families when the game was new. He was showing his dwarf and saying you could be in a guild and/or a family.
Is this gona be in?
What is the purpose of a family if it was in there and not just some disjointed memory?

Muggens
09-25-2019, 09:38 AM
I have never heard about /family. Probably either you remember "wrong" or the old friend was "lying/making things up" back in the days ?

Fammaden
09-25-2019, 09:44 AM
Petition for GM support of in-game marriages.

Dolalin
09-25-2019, 10:12 AM
You could /petition to have the same surname as your significant other. Usually this was a 'marriage', it was a big event in classic EQ. I remember Senior Guide Lily on Mith Marr had special social scripts and dedicated wedding vows and could spawn fireworks etc. She held her weddings at the druid ring outside Mistmoore usually.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/server.html?eserver=15#m106191643676435

Edit: I guess she mixed it up sometimes:

January 2000
Our dear brother Dimglar married his true love Teenie on the shores of the desert of Northern Ro on January 8. Guide Lili performed a lovely ceremony, and many people came to share in this joyous event!Teenie and her sister Dolce were brought into the CT family following the wedding.
After the festivities, a Fire Giant expedition got underway. When all giants were cleared, a smaller party stayed to take on the Efreeti.

http://www.oocities.org/garbink/history.htm

Deathrydar
09-25-2019, 10:15 AM
You could /petition to have the same surname as your significant other. Usually this was a 'marriage', it was a big event in classic EQ. I remember Senior Guide Lily on Mith Marr had special social scripts and dedicated wedding vows and could spawn fireworks etc. She held her weddings at the druid ring outside Mistmoore usually.

I was married to three different players back in the day on EQ. All four of us had the same surname.

Now, what keeps me up at night, is wondering how many of those three were actually men playing female characters. :D :D :D

Fammaden
09-25-2019, 10:35 AM
All three....

Nexii
09-25-2019, 11:20 AM
Yea probably as mentioned surname petition. I remember this being common especially in evil RP(ish) guilds. Many players would take the name of a common Dark Elf House as their surname. Didn't even have to be a marriage thing