PDA

View Full Version : Erudites at launch

Glenzig
09-23-2019, 06:42 PM
Will Erudites be restricted to Erudin at launch? I really want to make a Cazic Cleric, and my bro wants to make an SK. I was wondering if this would even be an option at launch though.

Danth
09-23-2019, 06:46 PM
Several threads discussing it. Nobody knows yet. It's possible the staff hasn't decided yet. Paineel was available from day 1 on "blue" but the admins here are on record saying they'd like to fix that--but there's no confirmation as to whether they ever did so.

Danth

Glenzig
09-23-2019, 06:50 PM
Huh. Man, I'd love to know what they decide before it launches. It will play a huge factor in what we decide to start.

loramin
09-23-2019, 06:54 PM
Where's the Nacho Libre avatar? Spud's isn't bad but I miss that one ...

And yeah, I think this one's particularly interesting. Most "will it be true classic or just Blue classic" questions can be answered by looking at what Blue did, and in this case Blue skipped the pre-Paineel era.

However, this is such a big classic difference there's at least a possibility Nilbog will secretly test this (as opposed to "beta Blue" testing it) and release it on Green, even though that goes against how things are normally done here. No one knows for sure.

Maker_Mayhem
09-23-2019, 06:54 PM
Erudite SK was added later. So that will not be an option iirc.

Glenzig
09-23-2019, 06:58 PM
I didnt even think about my avatar Loramin. Didnt think anyone would remember me after all these years.

Jibartik
09-23-2019, 07:33 PM
I would be genuinely surprised if Paineel was live on green99's launch and not introduced on the live timeline around 11 months after.

Glenzig
09-23-2019, 07:34 PM
I feel the same way Jibartik. I would love to know before October 25th.

Jibartik
09-23-2019, 07:35 PM
If I had to guess we'll get an announcement soon! :D

Soothsayer
09-23-2019, 08:09 PM
Man... Paineel guard farming was my only real way of making money on blue. If it's not in for almost a year, that makes my life dramatically more difficult =P

Glasken
09-23-2019, 08:44 PM
If Green is true to Classic launch, Erudites will be restricted to Erudin, with Necro being the only "evil" class they can play.

Shadow knights and evil clerics were only made available when Paineel launched.

pink grapefruit
09-23-2019, 09:10 PM
If Green is true to Classic launch, Erudites will be restricted to Erudin, with Necro being the only "evil" class they can play.

Are we sure about the clerics, tho??

Videri
09-23-2019, 09:13 PM
Are we sure about the clerics, tho??

http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes#February_17.2C_2000_7:00_am does not make it entirely clear. Holding out hope.

Nirgon
09-24-2019, 02:44 PM

Don't see anything saying "clerics may now choose CT as religion" anywhere. I believe CT cleric goes in at launch. Religion additions in every case I can remember were directly stated in patch notes and most were specific to SZ.

We need the hut pre-Paineel!

soronil
09-24-2019, 06:01 PM
Don't see anything saying "clerics may now choose CT as religion" anywhere. I believe CT cleric goes in at launch. Religion additions in every case I can remember were directly stated in patch notes and most were specific to SZ.

We need the hut pre-Paineel!

Patch notes lack details unfortunately. a New Race / Class combination may have been seen as a bigger deal than a new Diety option.

I think the burden of proof is on the would be CT Cleric players...

My own research, I found that the NPCs listed here:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1062134
which Nilbog noted as being necro GM's/merchants, are on this page:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npclist.html?zone=65&page=1
But I do not see any candidates for Cleric GMs/merchants on that page (if you want an easy way to sift through 174 entries, look for ones without the image icon, that are high level / non animals.

I think it would be strange if this list of entries only had necro NPCs and not cleric NPCs, if clerics were indeed in Toxxulia during the same time period.

It's thin, but closest thing to "proof" i have of no clerics at the necro hut...

loramin
09-24-2019, 06:07 PM
It looks like we have an official staff answer, and that answer is ... it's undecided :)

Paineel is still an internal discussion, we're making sure we can complete that before launch. We already have the ability to disable/enable buttons as needed at character select, so if we do this we will disable Erudite Shadowknights until the appropriate era.

Glenzig
09-24-2019, 06:25 PM
But....we do know what they will do if they decide that's what they want to do. :)

soronil
09-24-2019, 07:40 PM
But....we do know what they will do if they decide that's what they want to do. :)

We still don't know about clerics!

Nirgon
09-24-2019, 07:47 PM
Human has Inny/CT religions at launch, evil clerics aint a new thang

DE got inny etc

bertox gnome is a good one

Palemoon
09-24-2019, 08:40 PM
Human has Inny/CT religions at launch, evil clerics aint a new thang

Inny/Bertox only for humans

I don't think there were any CT clerics until paineel gets released.

Nirgon
09-24-2019, 09:29 PM
Woulda said somethin if it was added like the other notes

It would be the one stealth religion add

soronil
09-24-2019, 10:26 PM
Woulda said somethin if it was added like the other notes

It would be the one stealth religion add

Yes the only time a change was ever made without patch notes! /sarcasm

There were no other religion adds outside of pvp servers, right?

Find any shred of evidence that CT clerics existed at launch. All I have seen is evidence to the contrary.

pink grapefruit
09-25-2019, 01:10 AM
Inny/Bertox only for humans

I don't think there were any CT clerics until paineel gets released.

Bertox for gnomes too; you of all people should know that.

I'm def hoping for Cazic eru clerics at launch, but curious about what kinda starter note I'd get and to whom it would be turned into. Doubt the Prexus or Quellious cleric GMs would much like me, though I could see being forced to purchase spells from their merchants lol.

Palemoon
09-25-2019, 06:30 AM
Bertox for gnomes too; you of all people should know that.

I was referring to cazic not being a option for humans.