PDA

View Full Version : Offical Green UI?

Tavanyl
09-23-2019, 05:22 PM
What is the official UI that is going to be forced on green? Do we already own it? Will it be part of a future patch? Hoping to setup my windows prior to launch day.

AbstractVision
09-23-2019, 08:51 PM
It will be the Velious UI, it is already an option in your UI list. It will be forced, there will be no default_old.

Glenzig
09-23-2019, 08:59 PM
So, no option other than Velious UI? Cant DL a new UI?

ldgo86
09-23-2019, 09:29 PM
Velious UI is locked? That’s kind of a bummer. I was hoping for the super old school one.

soronil
09-23-2019, 10:27 PM
The truth is they haven't said. But we do no there are no custom uis allowed. But, they could have some new ui related stuff up their sleeves.

Wenai
09-24-2019, 03:47 PM
What UI was forced the day of the outrage on blue? I would assume that one is the one. I actually didn't log into blue during that timeframe so I have no idea.

HedleyKow
09-24-2019, 04:07 PM
What UI was forced the day of the outrage on blue? I would assume that one is the one. I actually didn't log into blue during that timeframe so I have no idea.

They didn't force a UI. They just changed the default UI to the velious UI. The outrage was over the removal of the pet window and limiting the number of hotkey windows to one.

Baler
10-10-2019, 12:36 PM
If i'm correct.. Rogean stated that a UI will be distributed for green and you can't customize it if you plan on connecting to green.

Gustoo
10-10-2019, 03:34 PM
That will be interesting.

I can't really even play with the shitty velious UI that they put out. I can't see any text, and it isn't able to become fully opaque.

In original times I was able to run the actual solid marble UI and had no problems but I never ever used velious ui in this game. By the time good OG ui was gone the velious ui had evolved too and alternate ui's were available.

kylok
10-10-2019, 03:38 PM
I changed the light blue text (skill ups for example) to something more visible - solved most of my reading problems

Jibartik
10-10-2019, 03:47 PM
To spoilers or not to spoilers.

That... is (https://i.imgur.com/tp7G9G7.gif) the question. :o

Gustoo
10-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Yeah im looking forward to that rock hard marble excellence. It would blow my mind if the visible actual play window would shrink down so the UI isn't covering any of your game window. Glory.

Jimjam
10-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Yeah im looking forward to that rock hard marble excellence. It would blow my mind if the visible actual play window would shrink down so the UI isn't covering any of your game window. Glory.

/viewport my halfling compatriot.

Wenai
10-10-2019, 04:46 PM

It will not be a full marble UI.

It is the Velious UI which still had a lot of marble components. We had a ton of screenshots to analyze, and access to a trilogy client to look into what existed. So things like the chat window, group window, target window, etc. Will all be the transparent black windows. Other things like the casting bar, spellbook, etc. Will use the marble components as they did in the original Velious UI.

We are unfortunately not going to get it to be 100% Velious Accurate due to both time constraints (we just started like Sept 27 in a very impromptu fashion) and client constraints. There are some UI elements that will come at a later time.

Basically the Velious UI that was being distributed in the patch files was a good starting point, but didn't feel nostalgic to me at all. So Jibartik and I started making some modifications. A few others have joined in to help out with development and testing and things are in a good spot. The Velious UI was going to be forced regardless, so we wanted to make it just a little bit more classic and nostalgic.

magusfire24
10-10-2019, 04:49 PM
It will not be a full marble UI.

It is the Velious UI which still had a lot of marble components. We had a ton of screenshots to analyze, and access to a trilogy client to look into what existed. So things like the chat window, group window, target window, etc. Will all be the transparent black windows. Other things like the casting bar, spellbook, etc. Will use the marble components as they did in the original Velious UI.

We are unfortunately not going to get it to be 100% Velious Accurate due to both time constraints (we just started like Sept 27 in a very impromptu fashion) and client constraints. There are some UI elements that will come at a later time.

Basically the Velious UI that was being distributed in the patch files was a good starting point, but didn't feel nostalgic to me at all. So Jibartik and I started making some modifications. A few others have joined in to help out with development and testing and things are in a good spot. The Velious UI was going to be forced regardless, so we wanted to make it just a little bit more classic and nostalgic.

Looking forward to it. I am just happy to be starting fresh with everyone else. We will all be poor lowbies to start :) First started playing EQ during Kunark. Never got to experience just classic EQ

lordpazuzu
10-10-2019, 06:10 PM
That will be interesting.

I can't really even play with the shitty velious UI that they put out. I can't see any text, and it isn't able to

I had that problem and it was driving me nuts. I dunno if this will help you, but right clicking the window and selecting texture over the fade/unfade option let me set solid colors and more usable faded values.

Madbad
10-10-2019, 06:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/tp7G9G7.gif

My dick can only get so hard

uygi
10-10-2019, 10:11 PM
WTB 640x480.
I have to see if I can get a new* K6 266 with 32MB of RAM, no-name 4MB 3D graphics card, and 33.6k modem by next weekend. I probably need a 15" CRT monitor, too.

Thinking about that old box, it's comforting to imagine that it's been donated to some extremely poor country, that technology there has progressed to 1999 and they might have their own Live server running a pirated copy of Verant's original server. And that we might pirate it back from them.

Ashenden
10-10-2019, 10:21 PM
To spoilers or not to spoilers.

That... is (https://i.imgur.com/tp7G9G7.gif) the question. :o

WIP UI when? I need to add it to my practice char.

Jibartik
10-10-2019, 10:47 PM
Well here is some cool news, we have had a team of volunteers get together and work on this UI together... and we just wrapped up our BETA build of Version1.0 of our as close to classic as we could get it UI!

Your classic UI is loading please waiting....

https://i.imgur.com/kgLt6es.gif

It has been extremely fun, and extremely time consuming! Rog, Nil, Myself, Wenai, Deezy, Danth and a team of testers that joined us to help us find bugs, do research, and scour through screenshots, have all been struggling to make our way through the old codes and textfiles that make up the ui to bring as much as a classic an experience as we could give you with titaniums UI changes and limitations.

We did our best! The only things that don't look classic, are a result of Titaniums dummassery and Brad willing, we will one day crack all those nuts and solve all those bugs that are blocking us from making a 100% classic UI!

But for now, hold onto your butts, because as much marble as I can shove up there is on its way to a server near you as we speak.

After you guys get to play, we will post all about our production, show you the process about how we got around some titanium limitations, and the decision making ones we went through when we couldn't... but for now I want to keep it a little bit of a surprise for you, we got some doozies in there :)

Ashenden
10-10-2019, 10:58 PM
I was following the old thread, cool to hear how it has advanced since then. Can't wait to see it.

Jibartik
10-10-2019, 11:11 PM
Wow you have a really cool bard Ashenden.

Ashenden
10-10-2019, 11:37 PM
Thank you, I appreciate it! I never expected to be able to get a Bard Epic, let alone any other really fancy stuff, but I've been so lucky throughout Nonon's career.

God I am excited for Green.

Throatseeker
10-11-2019, 12:02 AM
:) This please. https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=4726

Quinas
10-11-2019, 01:42 AM
Green bringing out the best and worst of the community.

<3

Dolalin
10-11-2019, 02:42 AM
You guys are all fucking gods. Awesome work.