PDA

View Full Version : Rogue skills at launch?

ldgo86
09-22-2019, 12:08 PM
So I’m not great at finding sources for old stuff like this, but am I wrong in thinking the Evade skill was not at launch? Or was it present for day 1? Asking for a friend..

Edit: I mean the mechanic obviously it’s not a “skill” haha

AbstractVision
09-22-2019, 12:10 PM
It was not in at classic.

February 17, 2000 patch

"A new rogue-specific ability has been added to the "Hide" skill. It is called "Evade". This skill has the effect of lowering the amount that the targeted NPC hates the rogue, and has the potential of making the engaged NPC switch to another target (preferably a tank) within the rogue's group. It is essentially a "reverse taunt". This ability helps mitigate the negative effects of the rogue's exceedingly high damage-output potential. It also will in-turn help the rogue do even more damage as the NPC is much more likely to expose its back. It is engaged by targeting the NPC you wish to "Evade" and pressing the "Hide" button. As a note, you must not be in combat mode in order to use this ability."

BBIII
09-22-2019, 02:39 PM
It was not in at classic.

February 17, 2000 patch

"A new rogue-specific ability has been added to the "Hide" skill. It is called "Evade". This skill has the effect of lowering the amount that the targeted NPC hates the rogue, and has the potential of making the engaged NPC switch to another target (preferably a tank) within the rogue's group. It is essentially a "reverse taunt". This ability helps mitigate the negative effects of the rogue's exceedingly high damage-output potential. It also will in-turn help the rogue do even more damage as the NPC is much more likely to expose its back. It is engaged by targeting the NPC you wish to "Evade" and pressing the "Hide" button. As a note, you must not be in combat mode in order to use this ability."

Any idea when rogue hide worked vs undead?