PDA

View Full Version : understimating green launch

DRAGONBAIT
09-21-2019, 09:09 AM
i remember some years ago when uthgard was relaunched, more than 5k people queing to join, i bet green launch will surpass that number. we are in for 5-6k players on launch day imo

will settle down after 1 month tho

Wenai
09-21-2019, 09:31 AM
i remember some years ago when uthgard was relaunched, more than 5k people queing to join, i bet green launch will surpass that number. we are in for 5-6k players on launch day imo

I agree that I think that green is potentially going to have some serious population issues. The population density will look like a bell curve, with some people out front, with limitless choices for things to kill, and some people that are late to join the server seemingly not having issues killing low level newbie zones or dungeons.

But the primary leveling pack will potentially be in complete hell. I specifically remember on Blue (only a few hundred players) being extremely packed in the leveling pack. Everyone tried to rush HHK and SolA due to exp modifier. There was a day where every single camp in SolA was camped and I convinced a group of players to make the trek to Permafrost where we grouped for a few hours with choice of every single camp in the zone. It was one of my favourite memories.

However, I fully expect ALL of the dungeons to be packed on Green. The likely hierarchy will develop with places like Permafrost being bottom pick because it is so out of the way.

I genuinely hope that I am wrong, and everything goes seamlessly.

Rick Sanchez
09-21-2019, 09:38 AM
It will require two servers.

soronil
09-21-2019, 11:47 AM
It will require two servers.

They've already said they aren't worried from a stability stand point.The green server is new hardware much beefier than what blue is running on. The main stressor is the number of people in a single zone, if that goes above 500 or so we may see problems. But 200 steamfont 200 butcher block 200 crushbone 400 gfay, for instance, would not really be much of an issue. If it was necessary, the architecture supports each zone running on a different machine.

Gameplay wise, it will be a mess, but they have said they are willing to look into things like increased spawn rate or some other solution to help people get out of newbie yards.

Topgunben
09-21-2019, 11:54 AM

Agreed I've said this in other posts, but I think the population will be more than 10k.

There has been significantly more exposure than p99 blue release. There has been over 1 million toons created on blue and red, so even if the average player created 24 toons each, that's about 42,000 players. It's believable that 25% of those could come back to try green. Add to that number first timers, or new to P99 players, and the numbers could be huge.

I think rogean and nilbog have planned for this if it happens, as they alluded to having a 2nd server if need be

Spock2020
09-22-2019, 04:02 AM
I see Gfay being so full people creating new characters in other zone so they can level. Question is which newbie zone gonna have room. I think misty thicket might have room; steamfont and butcherblock also but its just an opinion.