PDA

View Full Version : Terror Forged Mask in green

Diogene
09-21-2019, 06:43 AM
Cant wait to roll human cleric. Call of bones pre nerf ! Fun quest at the same time. Probably undoable before lvl35 but getting this really change the class. Add a manastone and boom
http://wiki.project1999.com/Terror_Forged_Mask

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 09:08 AM
Paineel opens its gates Feb 17th 2000 338 days after launch
Terror Forged Mask Nerf April 10th 2000, 53 days after Paineel.

Was wondering how long you could be a skelly cleric and there you go!

soronil
09-21-2019, 11:50 AM
Yeah it's a really specific window in which this is a good reason to be a human. Innoruuk humans also have the snare clicky but not sure if it's good enough to dictate the race. I mean... You could be a gnome cleric!! Or a halfling with hide/sneak.. what's a couple of clickys in the grand scheme?

Wurl
09-21-2019, 03:10 PM
Are there pre-patch versions of the mask, or does the patch change existing versions of the mask?

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 03:16 PM
Are there pre-patch versions of the mask, or does the patch change existing versions of the mask?

The mask is introduce din paineel, with the skelly lich spell, it is then 2 months later changed to Fear.

Wenai
09-21-2019, 03:35 PM

No. It is a retroactive nerf. I actually did the quest on Blue's launch. Blue originally left in Paineel and the associated quests. My Erudite Cleric's mask is now Fear. :)

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 03:42 PM
Oh I Missunderstood the question. Sorry.

Diogene
09-21-2019, 04:50 PM
Paineel opens its gates Feb 17th 2000 338 days after launch
Terror Forged Mask Nerf April 10th 2000, 53 days after Paineel.

Was wondering how long you could be a skelly cleric and there you go!

Damn, I thought the window was longer than that. 53 days :eek:

Videri
09-22-2019, 01:15 AM
Damn, I thought the window was longer than that. 53 days :eek:

Let's get it anyway. It's going to be a ghoulishly amazing 53 days. And after that, we'll still be as good as other clerics.

I wonder how much I'd have to donate for that nerf to be forgotten...?

deadlycupcak3z
09-26-2019, 12:21 PM
Oh I genuinely thought the pre-nerf masks remained :[

smallchildren
12-23-2019, 01:43 AM
clickable from inventory?

Bazia
12-23-2019, 01:48 AM
this broke my heart on blue it got nerfed the week after i got it, anyone recall the eyepatched human in full rubicite who ran around rezzing everyone in blue vanilla? anyways he got away with having the mask for a long ass time and it was cool as hell

Hazek
12-23-2019, 03:14 AM
Nothing against p1999 devs, but I hope someday there's devs who will stop nerfing things that a large majority of the community enjoys. Just seems like its a trend in today's MMO's. The line between "fine, too good, and gamebreaking" is somewhat subjective but things shouldn't be nerfed unless its absolutely game breaking. The point is to have fun right? Don't be a Blizzard.

greenspectre
12-23-2019, 06:36 AM
Nothing against p1999 devs, but I hope someday there's devs who will stop nerfing things that a large majority of the community enjoys. Just seems like its a trend in today's MMO's. The line between "fine, too good, and gamebreaking" is somewhat subjective but things shouldn't be nerfed unless its absolutely game breaking. The point is to have fun right? Don't be a Blizzard.

There are plenty of other servers that like to do things like this. Heck, on Imperium you can click almost any clicky from inventory whether you're the appropriate class or not!

But if you're on p99, those are the rules they follow. Any deviation farther than they already do brings up more "selectively classic" gripes. I'd be happy if they even give this mask ANY time with the CoB click, honestly.

Swish
12-23-2019, 06:42 AM
Innoruuk humans also have the snare clicky but not sure if it's good enough to dictate the race. I mean... You could be a gnome cleric!! Or a halfling with hide/sneak.. what's a couple of clickys in the grand scheme?

The snare isn't one that lasts too long...you could do either part of a fear kite mana free I suppose, but I'd find the snare more useful if I had to pick one and I was an Inny human cleric :)

Cool quest though, hell of a timesink by the look of it but would be fun to pick one up.

Pyrocat
12-23-2019, 06:44 AM
I was excited about rolling an evil erudite cleric for this mask and other reasons, but I found out you can't even create a cazic-thule worshipping erudite cleric until Paineel comes out. So you have 2 months to level up your cleric to 40+ (at a level you could actually do the quest), do the quest, and then maaaybe a month left to enjoy it before it gets nerfed.

Benanov
12-23-2019, 11:34 AM
I was excited about rolling an evil erudite cleric for this mask and other reasons, but I found out you can't even create a cazic-thule worshipping erudite cleric until Paineel comes out. So you have 2 months to level up your cleric to 40+ (at a level you could actually do the quest), do the quest, and then maaaybe a month left to enjoy it before it gets nerfed.

Evil Human Clerics could probably faction up by killing good Erudite NPCs.

As a good Erudite Cleric, I have to wait until Warrens before I can get the mask (unless I'm trashing my faction in Erudin, and I can't see myself doing that from an RP perspective), and that means it'll be the post-nerf click.

Then again I want the helmet anyway. Clicky Deadeye? SIGN ME UP

Palemoon
12-23-2019, 11:50 AM
No. It is a retroactive nerf. I actually did the quest on Blue's launch. Blue originally left in Paineel and the associated quests. My Erudite Cleric's mask is now Fear. :)

On blue's launch it was a fear effect right? It was only corrected to be the bone spell when reported as a bug during early red99. I.E. did blue ever even have it without Fear?

Somekid123
12-23-2019, 01:24 PM
Blue server had it as call of bones for awhile. Yes theyre all retroactively nerfed. No it is not clickable from inventory. Had one on my eru cleric.

Bazia
12-23-2019, 03:23 PM
On blue's launch it was a fear effect right? It was only corrected to be the bone spell when reported as a bug during early red99. I.E. did blue ever even have it without Fear?

it was lich form for a long amount of time in blue vanilla