PDA

View Full Version : I'm excited. Qeynos too crazy?

Broor
09-21-2019, 02:13 AM
I'm salivating over Green, but I have a concern. Me and a buddy are recruiting an EQ newb to hit the server on launch, and we're thinking of giving him a human monk (low equipment maintenance, not too aggressive of a learning curve for the first 20 levels) while we roll druid/enchanter or shaman/magician or some shit. The problem is; will Qeynos be an unprecedented bloodbath of level 1 fodder, shame, and murder? The more I think about it, the more I think that people trying to dodge Freeport shenanigans and Faydark folly will just come to Qeynos and make Blackburrow a shitshow nightmare. What is the thinking man's solution to trying to sell a new friend on P1999 on launch day, with a trio representing the trifecta of melee - priest- caster?
Thanks for indulging-

Videri
09-21-2019, 03:48 AM
Surely you don't think that Qeynos will somehow be worse than the other places because people will flock to Qeynos to avoid Freeport and Faydwer? Nay, rather, I think your initial assumption that Freeport and all of Faydwer will be the most overpopulated zones is correct. I think we can presume Qeynos will be much less crowded.

But still overpopulated.

People are talking 2-4k players at launch. So even Odus will have hundreds. We're going to have to embrace the suck.

We're going to have to explore other parts of Norrath. And we're all going to have to work on our diplomacy skills and even learn to share.

Dolalin
09-21-2019, 04:02 AM
Nobody will be playing trolls (massive xp penalty). Roll ogre and fight in the swamp. That's my plan.

Videri
09-21-2019, 04:04 AM
Nobody will be playing trolls (massive xp penalty). Roll ogre and fight in the swamp. That's my plan.

:eek: ^ Low intelligence in-game...high intelligence IRL.

Broor
09-21-2019, 11:34 AM
Excellent ideas guys, thanks! Swamp, everfrost, Qeynos catacombs, maybe we run for Qeynos hills right off the bat and see if we can take down level 2 mobs as a pack of 3...

Danth
09-21-2019, 11:39 AM
All the starting areas will be madhouses. Embrace it and enjoy it for what it is because that's one experience you won't be able to replicate later on. Troll/Ogre area might be the most manageable although also with by far the most restricted class selection. Everfrost is a frozen hellscape even with low population and higher population may actually improve it (or at least allow players to escape sooner).

Danth

AbstractVision
09-21-2019, 11:43 AM
Whatever you do, don't make him a barbarian. Everfrost is the worst starting zone with random pathing high lvl mobs through the newbie area. Super confusing terrain even using a map.

Qeynos will be just as populated as freeport but not nearly as bad as Faydark. Misty Thicket and Steamfont should be manageable as will be Feerrott and Innothule.

Coridan
09-21-2019, 11:43 AM
I think we're gonna see full groups at level 1 just so people can camp the level 3 and 4 mobs out in Qey Hills