cite source

Kavious
09-20-2019, 08:49 PM
Hes right, it should be 4 according to the recent bug report

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334283

Vyal
09-20-2019, 09:04 PM
cite source

There's nothing in the book about a 25 mob limit.
:rolleyes:

https://mocagh.org/miscgame/everquesttrilogy-manual.pdf

Vyal
09-20-2019, 09:07 PM
Hes right, it should be 4 according to the recent bug report

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334283

Of course EA would never tell players they would be subjected to a mob limit.
They actually fixed bugs to make sure AoE would work for players.

Any mob limit is not classic at all.

Tethler
09-20-2019, 10:13 PM
Of course EA would never tell players they would be subjected to a mob limit.
They actually fixed bugs to make sure AoE would work for players.

Any mob limit is not classic at all.

The 25 Mob AE Limit will be in place, but we will evaluate this and change as necessary.

We have received evidence (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334283) that ALL spells and songs were limited to a max of 4 mobs per cast/pulse until September 1999. This will be in place for Launch.

Cen
09-20-2019, 10:15 PM
Nobody in classic would have been able to pull 25 mobs and kite them.
I know, you did it in classic and had a DSL/T1 line and blah blah

No, you didn't and nobody did. Stop it lol

Jibartik
09-20-2019, 10:24 PM
Click Me
(https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2964661&postcount=10)

Vyal
09-21-2019, 12:32 AM
Nobody in classic would have been able to pull 25 mobs and kite them.
I know, you did it in classic and had a DSL/T1 line and blah blah

No, you didn't and nobody did. Stop it lol

You're wrong 25+ mob trains used to happen constantly in classic. I remember Blackburrow trains when EQ first came out, every mob in the whole dungeon would get pulled to the entrance. Was on dial up and don't remember any problems aside from death.

There is nothing classic about mob limits period.

Cen
09-21-2019, 12:41 AM
You're wrong 25+ mob trains used to happen constantly in classic. I remember Blackburrow trains when EQ first came out, every mob in the whole dungeon would get pulled to the entrance. Was on dial up and don't remember any problems aside from death.

I didn't say you couldn't pull a train that big. Of course that was common!

I just wrote you couldn't pull that train and successfully kite it all.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 12:45 AM
I didn't say you couldn't pull a train that big. Of course that was common!

I just wrote you couldn't pull that train and successfully kite it all.

Why couldn't you? If a player was skilled enough they could no problem.
The only reason nobody was doing it when the game first came out was because nobody knew how and didn't have levels or gear to do it.
Connection had little to do with it.

I remember playing UO a year before EQ came out with hundreds of players and mobs on the screen at once on dial up and that was hardly an issue either.

People not knowing how to do something is not the same as it can't be done. Don't mix these things up.

Tethler
09-21-2019, 01:48 AM

Except for the actual evidence showing the contrary linked to in this very thread.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 02:01 AM
Except for the actual evidence showing the contrary linked to in this very thread.

You mean there was an unintended bug that got fixed?
And it only effected one bard spell.
:confused:

Vyal
09-21-2019, 02:30 AM
cite source

https://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6048/page

Sebilis AoE - The how to, Quellious server
October 11th, 2001 06:16 AM

These people on dial up with 50 mob light pulls.

Doesn't seem to be any mob limits here..

:eek:

Tethler
09-21-2019, 03:45 AM

2001. Classic started in 99, sir.

Ennewi
09-21-2019, 03:56 AM

I wanted you to be wrong but...

https://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6196/page

https://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?6197/page

https://www.graffes.com/forums/showthread.php?6194-AOE-group-specifics-on-the-Enchanter-s-role

Vyal
09-21-2019, 04:00 AM
2001. Classic started in 99, sir.

They were doing it in 2000. A year after the game launched and there was no mob limits.

Dolalin
09-21-2019, 04:00 AM
The 4 mob limit bug was fixed in September of 1999 so don't worry, you'll be able to do aoe by Kunark.

Tethler
09-21-2019, 04:02 AM
They were doing it in 2000. A year after the game launched and there was no mob limits.

Correct, but for the first 9 months or so, the limit was 4 (due to the mentioned bug). So after that amount of time, the 4 mob limit will be removed as it was in live.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 04:09 AM
Correct, but for the first 9 months or so, the limit was 4 (due to the mentioned bug). So after that amount of time, the 4 mob limit will be removed as it was in live.

This was only for one bard spell that was bugged and eventually fixed not for all classes and spells.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 04:12 AM
As someone who remembers playing EQ back then I can tell you 100% people were aoe'ing more then 4 mobs when the game came out.
I remember running around Fire Fluxing everything and there was no 4 mob limit, there was no limit whatsoever.

Tethler
09-21-2019, 04:45 AM
As someone who remembers playing EQ back then I can tell you 100% people were aoe'ing more then 4 mobs when the game came out.
I remember running around Fire Fluxing everything and there was no 4 mob limit, there was no limit whatsoever.

I mean, if you have evidence show it to Rogean. He just announced the change today due to evidence provided. If you can show something convincing, he seems to be open to changes.

My first character was a warrior, so I don't have any particular memory of early aoe'ing. I didn't make the druid that would become my main until half way through Kunark.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 04:55 AM
I mean, if you have evidence show it to Rogean. He just announced the change today due to evidence provided. If you can show something convincing, he seems to be open to changes.

My first character was a warrior, so I don't have any particular memory of early aoe'ing. I didn't make the druid that would become my main until half way through Kunark.

Anyone can tell you there was never any 4 mob limit and if there was for a bard spell it was a bug.

"Creates a circle of fire around you, causing between 8 and @1 damage to all nearby creatures."
Not for 4 nearby creatures....

You guys are jumping through freaking hoops to try and change game mechanics.

There was never a mob limit in Everquest. People were doing AoE groups as early as the start of 2000 which coincides with players reaching high enough levels to effectively do them without getting dead.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 04:58 AM
If a player or group can pull all the mobs then a 25 mob limit makes no sense it's just a waste of time.
You kill 25 mobs med kill 25 mobs med kill 25 mobs med. Instead of 75 mobs in one pull...
It makes no sense it's just a huge pain in the ass and not a real mechanic of classic EQ.

stewe
09-21-2019, 05:53 AM
The fact is you could of course pull more mobs then 25 back in 99 but no one had the computer or internet connection like today to actually kite it around without lagging themselves out and dying, no one in 1999 was kiting half a zone at a time and if you claim they were you definitely didnt play back then.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 06:11 AM
The fact is you could of course pull more mobs then 25 back in 99 but no one had the computer or internet connection like today to actually kite it around without lagging themselves out and dying, no one in 1999 was kiting half a zone at a time and if you claim they were you definitely didnt play back then.

People were doing AoE on dial up at the start of 2000. You think there was some massive change in internet connection within a few months or something?
The only reason people didn't kite zones or AoE many mobs at the start was because everyone was a noob.

There was never not at any time a mob limit it's not a classic mechanic.

I for sure played when the game first came out and know what i'm talking about. It seems to me that there a bunch of people who never played classic EQ or have terrible memories about 56k internet or something but the truth is it was perfectly capable of more then 25 mobs without LD because people did it all the time.

If you don't believe me just grab a bandwidth management tool set it to 56k speeds login to p99 and test it yourself sure you might lag but that's part of the deal nobody back then expected to have perfect ping pulling many mobs.

Dolalin
09-21-2019, 07:04 AM
People were doing AoE groups as early as the start of 2000 which coincides with players reaching high enough levels to effectively do them without getting dead.

So, after September 1999 then.

Wenai
09-21-2019, 07:53 AM
So, after September 1999 then.

I think he needs to improve his reading comprehension. No one is arguing that AoE groups were a thing. There was source material (official patch notes) stating this:

------------------------------
September 13, 1999
------------------------------

Bug Fixes:

- A bug in some of the AoE code has been fixed. AoE spells will now
effect more monsters.

No where does it say only Bard Songs. It says as a blanket coverage AoE spells. This limitation of 4 mobs will be removed after about 6 months, as per Rogean's post. I would imagine at that point, it will be restored to the non-classic (but very necessary) 25 mob limitation.

My personal opinion is that AoE groups, and soloers are super cancerous for server community health. I feel that we are potentially going to be staring down a major population density problem on green, and finding these patch notes are potentially going to alleviate some of those problems by allowing more experience creatures available for everyone in the Karanas.

Dolalin is the hero that green needed.

kotton05
09-21-2019, 08:52 AM
LOW HP KITE AND WIZARDS BLOW UP TRAIN classic af y’all really need to pray to brad

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 08:55 AM
I think he needs to improve his reading comprehension. No one is arguing that AoE groups were a thing. There was source material (official patch notes) stating this:

No where does it say only Bard Songs. It says as a blanket coverage AoE spells. This limitation of 4 mobs will be removed after about 6 months, as per Rogean's post. I would imagine at that point, it will be restored to the non-classic (but very necessary) 25 mob limitation.

My personal opinion is that AoE groups, and soloers are super cancerous for server community health. I feel that we are potentially going to be staring down a major population density problem on green, and finding these patch notes are potentially going to alleviate some of those problems by allowing more experience creatures available for everyone in the Karanas.

hey wenai I found that patch note and posted them here first! I want some credit destroying the most toxic feature in the game :cool::cool::cool: too!

Zeboim
09-21-2019, 09:26 AM
Applauding the heroes that smote this beast.

Dolalin
09-21-2019, 10:11 AM
I found another email from Kendrick this morning from May 1999 that should put this to bed.

The 4 mob limit was real. Deal.

https://groups.yahoo.com/api/v1/groups/eqbards/messages/671?guccounter=1

----- Original Message -----
To: <eqbards@onelist.com>
Sent: Friday, May 14, 1999 3:53 AM
Subject: Re: [eqbards] Which song for soloing?

>From: John Kim <kim@...>
>
>On Thu, 13 May 1999, J.M. Capozzi wrote:
>>
>> >Melee:
>> >I would take preferance to singing Anthem, and switch to healing (and
step
>> >back from the fight to avoid the shit list effect) with my mandolin.
>>
>> Once again, when we're getting hit in excess of 60 points per swing, even
>> with my 11 per tick with a lute, it's not worth the loss of my blades.
Dead
>> mobs give you plenty of time to heal. Live ones don't.
>
>If you're in a good group, everyone should be taking damage.
>If everyone is wounded, and if the song heals just 5 points
>per tick with your weapons equipped, for a six person party
>that's 30 points of healing per tick, which can substantially
>offset even 60 points damage per swing.
>

Well, when you get hit as an individual twice in 2.5 second round, 4 times
in a tick, in the 60 point range, Hymn has negligble effect. I do 6 per
tick standing without an instrument, plus the natural 1 point regen. That's
7 damage healed per tick. A tick is 5 seconds. 84 hitpoints per minute.

Most of our fights last 45 seconds or less, so if I sang Hymn full time
that's 54 points damage healed per member. One hit from the monsters we
fight. Not singing Hymn in lieu of another song, such as Melodic Binding,
is much more effective. With Melodic binding, I probably stop that mob from
making half a dozen swings. Proactive damage avoidance.

We have a good group, and we try to spread damage as much as possible, but
it's just better if I don't sing Hymn in combat now. It was great when we
were bashing gnolls and orcs and goblins in the single digit levels, less
great in the teens, and a pretty obsolete tactic after 20th.

>I don't think there's any right answer to which songs to use.
>It all depends on the circumstances. Figuring it out is the
>fun of playing a bard. :-)
>
>> Switched to an old standby instead..Lucid Lullaby. I'd rather the caster
>> not cast, than take my chances resisting the spell. Lullaby does an
>> excellent job interupting the casters.
>
>Another use I found for Lullaby is saving your party when a
>hopelessly red train gets dumped on it. The song *really*
>pisses off the monsters, so you fire it up until you have
>their attention, then hit accelerando and lead them away from
>your party.
>

Good tactic, but not something that can be done indoors, nor even in most
outdoor dungeons. For getaways now, I use the 26th level song, Appalling
Screech. Area fear song, clears a room in a hurry.

>I heard the maximum number of mobs affected by it was limited
>to 4 for playbalance reasons. I have no problem with that,
>but it seems to me that even when the song is already working
>on 4 mobs, it still gets other mobs nearby (who are not being
>affected by the song and are normally non-aggressive) mad at
>me. It's hard to keep calm when 4 mobs are beating on you and
>3 more join the fray, so I can't say I'm certain about this.
>But that's the impression I'm getting of how it works.
>

That's correct, all bard AoE (and most AoE spells in general) have a maximum
of four targets now.
>--
>John H. Kim
>kim@...
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>How many communities do you think join ONElist each day?
>http://www.onelist.com
>More than 1,000!

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 10:14 AM
I honestly think a time traveler went back and time and snuck this bug into the code because they played on green on a timeline where it wasn't implemented and it started WW3

Zeboim
09-21-2019, 10:18 AM
Dolalin DESTROYS bardkiters with FACTS AND EVIDENCE

No but really, this is the good shit. Kudos to you.

Chortles Snort|eS
09-21-2019, 10:50 AM
Me OK wiT dIs
deF RemBr 4 moB AOE limitS

Danth
09-21-2019, 11:15 AM
I can only imagine the staff's joy at reading those posts. Their prayers were answered.

Danth

dwarf_cleric420
09-21-2019, 11:27 AM
A+ thread

Jadian
09-21-2019, 11:35 AM
What a stupid thing to sperg about

AbstractVision
09-21-2019, 11:39 AM
So happy I won't see level 50 bards in 2 days on green.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 12:47 PM
I found another email from Kendrick this morning from May 1999 that should put this to bed.

The 4 mob limit was real. Deal.

https://groups.yahoo.com/api/v1/groups/eqbards/messages/671?guccounter=1

of four targets now.

This is not true and it's not official by anybody.
I can tell you point blank when the game first came out AoE spells hit more then 4 targets. That shit makes ZERO sense.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-1999.html
^^^ And that clearly says a BUG in SOME of the AoE code caused some things to not work right. Nowhere does it say 4.

Sure but adding in stupid mechanics that never existed to begin with to restrict play styles because you think Everquest is supposed to be bards hanging out in taverns hitting on female trolls or something is not right. It takes away from what the game was intended to be.

azeth
09-21-2019, 12:54 PM
of four targets now.

This is not true and it's not official by anybody.
I can tell you point blank when the game first came out AoE spells hit more then 4 targets. That shit makes ZERO sense.

^^^ And that clearly says a BUG in SOME of the AoE code caused some things to not work right. Nowhere does it say 4.

Sure but adding in stupid mechanics that never existed to begin with to restrict play styles because you think Everquest is supposed to be bards hanging out in taverns hitting on female trolls or something is not right. It takes away from what the game was intended to be.

Prove it or stop

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 12:56 PM
uh lets be clear about one thing, bards role is to hang out in taverns and hit on female trolls to be sure.

Wenai
09-21-2019, 01:14 PM
Take a look at Vyal's post history. He was one of the guys selling Chardok pulls during Blue's timeline. No wonder he is so adamant about AoE mechanics. No one is going to deny that by design PBAoE should hit everything around you, and on live in later expansions AoE groups were a normal occurrence. What we are discussing here is written evidence that PBAoE's were not in fact acting like this, based on the official patch notes saying vaguely that they had been fixed. Using those patch notes, in conjunction with other player written information from the era, it seems fair to conclude that in fact there was a 4 mob limit for a period up until that date.

It is very hard to take someone's "memory" as a reasoning for making a change, or proving mechanics in cases like this. Especially from someone with a memory who claims that magician epic does not come out until after Velious (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71254&postcount=2).

When I look at Vyal's post history, and look at the way he has carried himself in this thread, I see someone who is desperate to try and profit off of AoE groups in general. AoE groups in general are bad for the server community, and the 25 mob limit is very necessary to help limit CSR strain.

Dolalin
09-21-2019, 01:20 PM
It wasn't even just a player writing those emails. It was Kendrick, aka John Capozzi, he was a game dev.

He worked directly with Geoffrey Zatkin.

They are as official and solid testimony about the game as you are going to get short of an official patch message.

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,67552/

Vyal
09-21-2019, 01:35 PM
Take a look at Vyal's post history. He was one of the guys selling Chardok pulls during Blue's timeline. No wonder he is so adamant about AoE mechanics. No one is going to deny that by design PBAoE should hit everything around you, and on live in later expansions AoE groups were a normal occurrence. What we are discussing here is written evidence that PBAoE's were not in fact acting like this, based on the official patch notes saying vaguely that they had been fixed. Using those patch notes, in conjunction with other player written information from the era, it seems fair to conclude that in fact there was a 4 mob limit for a period up until that date.

It is very hard to take someone's "memory" as a reasoning for making a change, or proving mechanics in cases like this. Especially from someone with a memory who claims that magician epic does not come out until after Velious (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71254&postcount=2).

When I look at Vyal's post history, and look at the way he has carried himself in this thread, I see someone who is desperate to try and profit off of AoE groups in general. AoE groups in general are bad for the server community, and the 25 mob limit is very necessary to help limit CSR strain.

No offense but you clearly have no idea how the game was when it came out.
Anyone who actually played when it was released should be able to turn the wheels in their head just a little bit and remember AoE spells 100% hit more then 4 targets.

You should be able to remember using Fire Flux on many gnolls for instance if you had a mage or Numbing Cold as wiz.

There was never any 4 mob limit nor was there ever any 25 mob limit.
Neither of those things is a real mechanic.

There is no point in arguing about it because you are wrong if you think that either of those things ever existed.

I see you have a green name so please don't come at me with asinine commie bullshit where you think everyone needs to be the same and nobody should be able to level faster because they have a more hardcore play style.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 01:39 PM
It wasn't even just a player writing those emails. It was Kendrick, aka John Capozzi, he was a game dev.

He worked directly with Geoffrey Zatkin.

They are as official and solid testimony about the game as you are going to get short of an official patch message.

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,67552/

I'm telling you AoE spells hit more then 4 targets when the game came out. And that Yahoo email bullshit is not proof otherwise. There is no official patch history stating anything about a mob limit to AoE. Only that SOME didn't work as intended.

If you can't remember playing and are relying on 20 year old yahoo emails to try and correct me just stop I am telling you 100% you're wrong.

Chortles Snort|eS
09-21-2019, 01:54 PM
douBLe mad u Seem
ReaLLy maEk u ThiNk

Vyal
09-21-2019, 02:00 PM
douBLe mad u Seem

I remember it like this.. Sitting in 8th grade Spanish class with a friend lets just call him Rock and he tells me about EQ. A week later after school gets out we go to Electronic Boutique at the mall and pick it up. The game is brand new we spend all summer playing it.
Actually now that I think about it one of my first memories was him running around gather up all the gnolls outside Qeynos so we could use the aoe spells on them. And it was not 4 mobs. There was never any mob limits.

We had a guild called Blades of Light.

Again there was never any mob limits in Everquest. There would never have been AOE spells if players were not intended to AOE mobs either.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 02:00 PM
If there was never any mob limits why did they have to fix the 4 mob limit 5 months after launch with a patch?

dwarf_cleric420
09-21-2019, 02:02 PM
Clearly this guy started playing the game after five months and just thought he was there day 1

AbstractVision
09-21-2019, 02:07 PM
There is no point in arguing about it because I am wrong and I cannot do anything about it.

Glad you're finally coming around, you may want to talk to a psychologist about your repetition compulsion. These sort of self defeating behaviors can be addressed with therapy.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Players evolved they got stronger and more aware of how the game worked and by the time Kunark hit everyone knew how to play. The reason AoE groups took months to start from the time of the release isn't because there was mob limits it's because everyone was noobs.
There was no guides back then on how to do these things.

Large scale AoE is what happens when everyone knows how to play and is geared/leveled.

Making a mob limit to simulate 1999 internet connection is dumb because even on 56k it was very possible to pull many more then 25 mobs and kill them with AoE. As I said before you can get a bandwidth management tool and test it yourself.

Making a mob limit because all players need to be role playing D&D bards on the same page and not leveling to fast is also dumb.

Making a mob limit because some patch note from September 1999 says "Some AOE mechanics caused the effect to not hit all the targets" is also dumb because there no information about what spells were effected by the bug nor what the bug actually did.

Anyone who played can tell you AoE spells hit more then 4 targets so the whole "But muh Aoe only hit 4 targets" argument can just be ignored it makes no sense at all.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 02:12 PM
If there was never any mob limits why did they have to fix the 4 mob limit 5 months after launch with a patch?

Vyal
09-21-2019, 02:15 PM

They didn't fix a 4 mob limit.
It's clear you guys are only interested in arguing at this point. I have to keep repeating the same thing over again.

There is NOTHING IN ANY PATCH NOTES ABOUT A 4 MOB LIMIT.

Nothing anywhere....

Clearly this guy started playing the game after five months and just thought he was there day 1

School gets out in March, game comes out and a week later I buy it same day i'm using Fire Flux on groups of gnolls outside Qeynos because I had no idea what I was doing and made a human mage who I eventually deleted and remade.

Clearly nobody here played EQ back then or remembers how it actually was. I'm trying to help.

There was never any mob limits in Everquest

Attacking me because you know this is true and you just don't want someone to level faster then you makes sense though it's pretty low.

AbstractVision
09-21-2019, 02:21 PM
Very simple solution to this argument Vyal is to go do research and provide proof via wayback machine otherwise. Shouldn't be too hard if you're right. I've even looked around myself but I can't find anything to support it.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 02:27 PM
Very simple solution to this argument Vyal is to go do research and provide proof via wayback machine otherwise. Shouldn't be too hard if you're right. I've even looked around myself but I can't find anything to support it.

So you can't find any patch notes to say there was ever a mob limit in Everquest.
The game released with AoE spells.
The AoE spells state:
Creates a circle of fire around you, causing between 8 and @1 damage to all nearby creatures.

It doesn't say
Creates a circle of fire around you, causing between 8 and @1 damage to 4 nearby creatures.

The burden of proof isn't on me.
I know how the game was because I played it and i'm telling you there was never any mob limits in Everquest only lack of knowledge.

If these AoE spells came out and were not intended to be used on groups of mobs what was the point of even adding them into the game?

AoE is there so that huge groups of mobs can be killed at once. That is the very reason the spells were made. Putting limits on this defeats the purpose of even having them to begin with.

Dolalin
09-21-2019, 02:33 PM
I'm happy to be proven wrong. But I don't suspect I will be.

When you find hard evidence you can reply to my bug thread, devs will listen.

Zeboim
09-21-2019, 02:40 PM
Girls, find you somebody that looks at you like this dude looks at aoe pl farms.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 02:40 PM
I'm happy to be proven wrong. But I don't suspect I will be.

When you find hard evidence you can reply to my bug thread, devs will listen.

What you posted isn't hard evidence.

Here is another story written on 5/18/99
""""
Ok ok, I am an addict. I said I was back, yet haven't updated in a while. I told you I was a slacker, and from now on just consider it part of the site disclaimer. I just hit 24th level on my Shaman, and I gotta say, life has just gotten a lot better. New spell levels mean tons of fun. If you don't play EQ, you can't relate. Last night I was just given a whole new arsenal of shitkicking spells, and well, it's fun to terrorize the little bastard critters that gave you so much trouble as an infantile ass sratching troll. After hitting 24th I promptly purchased my new spells, and gathered together every froglok tadpole in the land into one nice big group, laughed as they tried to nibble me as they did oh so not long ago, and basked in the light of self satisfaction watching all 46 of them die at one time to the new improved area effect spells. That beats leveling to me man. I think I'll take a 2 week break from all leveling activity and stick to my tadpole killing.

Going to take this time to share a couple interesting dead bodies I have come across. While in Guk ( [g00k] to us l33t players) the other day, a l33t player by name of Bodkin informed me that I must come to his side for a view of something most extraordinary when i was done getting my ass kicked by whatever it was that was kicking my ass. I have to say what he found was certainly worth the investigation. Perhaps the UO Game Masters need to take note of this picture. The way I see it, a picture of this magnitude could make Origin lose an abundance of players tenfold. It appears that in EverQuest growing facial hair is possible, even for the females. As the picture would indicate, our suspect is indeed a female and not a standup-pisser with just a gay name. We're in their world now. I can dig it. Allow me to share it with you.
""""

After hitting 24th I promptly purchased my new spells, and gathered together every froglok tadpole in the land into one nice big group, laughed as they tried to nibble me as they did oh so not long ago, and basked in the light of self satisfaction watching all 46 of them die at one time to the new improved area effect spells.

After hitting 24th I promptly purchased my new spells, and gathered together every froglok tadpole in the land into one nice big group, laughed as they tried to nibble me as they did oh so not long ago, and basked in the light of self satisfaction watching all 46 of them die at one time to the new improved area effect spells.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 02:43 PM
2 months after launch people are killing 46 mobs in guk with AoE.
There's your proof all your 4 mob limit stuff is bullshit and all mob limits need to be removed from Blue and upcoming Green.
If people are upset because players level faster and the p99 logo doesn't have a fucking hammer and sickle on it then to bad?

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 02:44 PM
They didn't fix a 4 mob limit.
It's clear you guys are only interested in arguing at this point. I have to keep repeating the same thing over again.

There is NOTHING IN ANY PATCH NOTES ABOUT A 4 MOB LIMIT.

Nothing anywhere....

http://web.archive.org/web/20020223135659/http://eq.castersrealm.com/archives.asp?Action=View&Day=13&ID=286&Month=9&Year=1999

https://i.imgur.com/CO79UCJ.png

https://i.imgur.com/m3cC0PB.png

What are you on about its everywhere :confused::confused::confused:

Vyal
09-21-2019, 02:47 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20020223135659/http://eq.castersrealm.com/archives.asp?Action=View&Day=13&ID=286&Month=9&Year=1999

What are you on about its everywhere :confused::confused::confused:

http://www.wtfman.com/mcd/mayjunejuly.htm

5/18/99

After hitting 24th I promptly purchased my new spells, and gathered together every froglok tadpole in the land into one nice big group, laughed as they tried to nibble me as they did oh so not long ago, and basked in the light of self satisfaction watching all 46 of them die at one time to the new improved area effect spells. That beats leveling to me man. I think I'll take a 2 week break from all leveling activity and stick to my tadpole killing.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 02:48 PM
If there was mob limits how were people killing 46 mobs with AoE spells in Guk a month after the game came out?

Geez it's almost like you people have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 02:51 PM
I have some advice for you, if you actually have arguments other than "im right and that's all that I need to say about it"

you might not want to spam that all over the place.

If this is evidence that you think counters the evidence that there was a limit to the aoe the please try explaining that rationally.

I would love to know the truth, my bias is 0

But you need to really take a step back and calmly list out the evidence, not demand that we trust you. And for the love of god the giant fonts are not helping.

Now let me ask you, why is this website more credible than those newsgroups?

Dolalin
09-21-2019, 02:51 PM
Shamans don't get any pbaoe spells.

Their 24th aoe is a targeted rain spell.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Poison_Storm

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 02:54 PM
lol please tell me this website is about a shaman?

Dolalian plays *invulnerability*

edit: my sides!

https://i.imgur.com/Kpe6eva.png

But seriously, this plot thickens..

edit edit: cool website though!

Vyal
09-21-2019, 02:57 PM

Creates a rain of poison, causing three waves of 60 damage to everything in a small radius around your target.

It's an AoE spell.

Right there is your proof.
6 pages of me repeating the same shit over and over again arguing with people who don't have a clue.
There's a review of the game from a guy who played it from the day it came out.
He was just like me, moved from UO to EQ.

There is no more arguing. There's the proof.. There was never any mob limits in Everquest. It didn't exist and people were using aoe as the spells were intended to be used as early as a month after release killing 46 mobs at once EXACTLY as the spells are supposed to be used.
They were made to kill large groups of mobs at once.
There was NEVER any limit to the mobs.

The only reason to add mob limits is if you want to play commiequest and nobody wants to play commiequest.

Gustoo
09-21-2019, 02:59 PM
Some spells broken other spells not broken. Maybe maybe shaman spell was working.

Bards on classic mellee tanked in groups lol

Axlrose
09-21-2019, 03:00 PM
Sounds like somebody's rent money is due soon...

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 03:04 PM
Well I just hope vyal sticks around because I really am going to enjoy reading his posts when the game actually gets started.

Jadian
09-21-2019, 03:05 PM

YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT

Zeboim
09-21-2019, 03:06 PM
The proof for: emails stating a 4 mob limit exists.
The proof against: Some guy's blog where he says he killed a gazillion frogloks at once and rants a lot.

I think you're gonna need a better source man.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 03:11 PM
The proof for: 2 separate emails stating a 4 mob limit exists. +2 historical patch records that there was indeed some level of mob limitation due to bugs in code.
The proof against: Some guy's blog where he says he killed a gazillion frogloks at once and rants a lot.

Lets not discount the truth here! :cool:

Jadian
09-21-2019, 03:13 PM
The proof for: emails stating a 4 mob limit exists.

He's not interested in actual information. This entire post he's engaged in motivated reasoning, a form of cognitive dissonance that can easily be dismissed in any form of rational discussion.

Dude just wants to sperg out and get attention.

Wenai
09-21-2019, 03:16 PM
You genuinely believe that Brad McQuiad, John Smedly, and the rest of the EverQuest team created this game with the sole purpose of having like 4 people monopolize their intricately laid out dungeons filled to the brim with lore kill it with AoE spells? You genuinely think they created 14 different classes so that 4 or so different classes could just do all of the dungeon content while the other 10 watched? In your mind, this is what you think they had in mind?
There was never any 4 mob limit nor was there ever any 25 mob limit.
Neither of those things is a real mechanic.

I don't think anyone has argued that the 25 mob limit was actually classic. It was a measure taken by staff to reduce CSR interference and genuinely improve the quality of life of players on the server.
I see you have a green name so please don't come at me with asinine commie bullshit where you think everyone needs to be the same and nobody should be able to level faster because they have a more hardcore play style.
Who hurt you? Point to me on the doll where they touched you.

My understanding (I was not involved with the project during the decision-making process for AoE limits) is that the amount of zone disruption was through the roof with AoE killing. Entire zones were becoming unusable due to AoE groups monopolizing them. People were getting trained by the AoE pullers, and being threatened if people tried to group there. That is the real crux of the issue. It creates a hostile environment, for something that was not present on live during the classic timeline.

I agree that people just didn't have the knowledge, or maybe connection issues also presented a problem. The tools were there, but it makes for a very poor experience for the server as a whole. It has NOTHING to do with people levelling faster, it has EVERYTHING to do with it being a toxic practice.

School gets out in March, game comes out and a week later I buy it same day i'm using Fire Flux on groups of gnolls outside Qeynos because I had no idea what I was doing and made a human mage who I eventually deleted and remade.

Clearly nobody here played EQ back then or remembers how it actually was. I'm trying to help.

There was never any mob limits in Everquest
Anything you state from your "memory" is null and void in my books. Maybe current staff will feel differently. However, someone who thinks Epics came out in Velious, and VERY CLEARLY has an agenda with respect to AoE groups is the last source they should be trusting.
So you can't find any patch notes to say there was ever a mob limit in Everquest.

There is many things that can't be found in the patch notes. For example, take a look at the Velious era patch notes and tell me on what patch date did Holgresh Elder Beads stop dropping? I took a look myself and could not find a concrete date. There are reports of players basically saying they haven't seen them drop in forever, but no real hard data from SOE about it being removed. They made changes ALL THE TIME without having proper documentation. It is the nature of software development. People make quick changes, fail to update a release document and all of a sudden a change will go unnoticed.
If these AoE spells came out and were not intended to be used on groups of mobs what was the point of even adding them into the game?

AoE is there so that huge groups of mobs can be killed at once. That is the very reason the spells were made. Putting limits on this defeats the purpose of even having them to begin with.
I truly feel you are completely delusional. I can virtually guarantee you that these spells were not put in place to pull an entire zone and AoE them to death all at once. The original designers and developers were trying to create a 3D D&D environment for people. That was the point. I can assure you that the intended purpose of these spells was likely the pure idea of adventuring with a group, being overrun with mobs and using AoE damage to try and take out creatures that overwhelm you.

Girls, find you somebody that looks at you like this dude looks at aoe pl farms.
Pretty much. I can guarantee you that he has been spending months trying to pull people together to roll an AoE comp to try and level quickly. I am sure the plan was to try and get ahead of the leveling curve, hit SolA/SolB/LGuk before the group comps get there and try and monopolize the zone. He is now in full blown panic mode because this idea is currently in jeopardy.
2 months after launch people are killing 46 mobs in guk with AoE.
There's your proof all your 4 mob limit stuff is bullshit and all mob limits need to be removed from Blue and upcoming Green.
If people are upset because players level faster and the p99 logo doesn't have a fucking hammer and sickle on it then to bad?
Pretty sure they were talking about tadpoles in Innothule Swamp.

Also, if you are so displeased with AoE limitations why not go play on one of the other great EQEmu servers? Tons out there with no limitations on your AoE.

LOL. I was coming here to say exactly that. That post is 100% falsified.

Zeboim
09-21-2019, 03:16 PM
Lets not discount the truth here! :cool:

You're right, forgot to mention the other sources were specifically bard and the rant blog is a shaman.

Wurl
09-21-2019, 03:18 PM
There is no more arguing. There's the proof.. There was never any mob limits in Everquest.
What do you think the patch notes mean?

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 03:21 PM
All things considered, this thread did provide us with this:

https://i.imgur.com/zsWYcbt.png

But I would like to call to attention a few exhibits:

EXHIBIT A this character uses PROFANITY

EXHIBIT B this character claims to have collected no less than FOURTY SIX froglock tads in all the land

EXHIBIT C this character uses the phrase https://i.imgur.com/D9iQrLE.png New and Improved, at the Date: 5/18/99

5/18/99 is exaclty 2 months after the launch of everquest. 4 months before the september 13th patch that says it fixed a bug about AoE mobs.

What does this mean? I dont know? Maybe the writer of that blog is crazy.

Maybe the writer of that blog was testning new code that fixed AoE spells that later broke, and were fixed again september 13th

its worth noting I have not ever, seen patch notes for the moths March 16th - around June/July, thats where this 5/18/99 date lies.

All I can say is, there aint no zone in EQ that has no 46 froglock tads in it, but during the first 2 months of everquest I can tell you this much:

4 froglock tads probubly sure as hell felt like 46

Vyal
09-21-2019, 03:21 PM
It's over there no point in arguing.
People were using AoE spells on mobs the day the game came out and there was no limit.
Mob limits didn't exist..
If some bard song was screwed up and got patched in Sep fine but everything else worked.

The burden of proof isn't on me although I did provide written testimony in the form of a game review from 5/99 that says "After hitting 24th I promptly purchased my new spells, and gathered together every froglok tadpole in the land into one nice big group, laughed as they tried to nibble me as they did oh so not long ago, and basked in the light of self satisfaction watching all 46 of them die at one time to the new improved area effect spells. That beats leveling to me man. I think I'll take a 2 week break from all leveling activity and stick to my tadpole killing."

You can all hate on me now it's fine. I'm just going to leave it at this and hope a dev sees this and takes out all mob limits because it was never part of classic.

bwe
09-21-2019, 03:23 PM

Vyal
09-21-2019, 03:32 PM
Also, if you are so displeased with AoE limitations why not go play on one of the other great EQEmu servers? Tons out there with no limitations on your AoE.

Really cute response. Is this how you end all the arguments you lose?

Vyal
09-21-2019, 03:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/tRZrq2r.png

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 03:39 PM
People were using AoE spells on mobs the day the game came out and there was no limit.
If some bard song was screwed up and got patched in Sep fine but everything else worked.

The burden of proof isn't on me although I did provide written testimony in the form of a game review from 5/99 that says "After hitting 24th I promptly purchased my new spells, and gathered together every froglok tadpole in the land into one nice big group, laughed as they tried to nibble me as they did oh so not long ago, and basked in the light of self satisfaction watching all 46 of them die at one time to the new improved area effect spells. That beats leveling to me man. I think I'll take a 2 week break from all leveling activity and stick to my tadpole killing."

You can all hate on me now it's fine. I'm just going to leave it at this and hope a dev sees this and takes out all mob limits because it was never part of classic.

I claim this blogger to be a LIAR

There is NO 46 tadpoles in ANY zone

ESPECIALLY NOT the first two months!

YE be GUILTY of PURGERY! and this evidence is deemed INADMISSIBLE!

ORDER ORDER IN THE CORT!

https://i.imgur.com/pQvqnrk.png

Vyal
09-21-2019, 03:50 PM
I claim this blogger to be a LIAR

There is NO 46 tadpoles in ANY zone

ESPECIALLY NOT the first two months!

YE be GUILTY of PURGERY! and this evidence is deemed INADMISSIBLE!

ORDER ORDER IN THE CORT!

https://i.imgur.com/pQvqnrk.png

Seems like there is no way to prove it since there's mob limits now and we are not allowed to recreate the classic experience. Since Green is actually going to be more like a hybrid pseudo server with modified mechanics to prevent players from doing certain things. Everyone must follow a strict set of regulations, single file line to the mobs please, only 25 mobs per player please, level to fast expect new even harsher regulations, you want only 4 mobs per player cause that's how you get it.

https://i.imgur.com/22VyHVt.jpg

I'm starting to see how this might not work out actually......

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 03:57 PM
Seems like there is no way to prove it since there's mob limits now and we are not allowed to recreate the classic experience.

What do you mean by this?

Also what do you think about the 46 froglock tads claim?

Zeboim
09-21-2019, 03:59 PM
I'm no scientist but I'm pretty sure declaring everyone that disagrees with you a communist because they don't want you shitting up the dungeons for your personal aoe pl farmfests is a great way to say you lost.

bwe
09-21-2019, 04:21 PM
I thought you were done arguing

Vizax_Xaziv
09-21-2019, 04:25 PM

Sorry bro! 25-mob-limit is REMAINING FROM LAUNCH on G99! You won't be monopolizing entire zones for years straight running a rampant RMT scheme this time around - get over it bud!

OOooohhhh right! You never RMTed I bet! Would love to see the staff investigate your accounts' histories of platinum-transactions. I'm sure it's all accounted for though, right?

Vyal
09-21-2019, 04:57 PM
Sorry bro! 25-mob-limit is REMAINING FROM LAUNCH on G99! You won't be monopolizing entire zones for years straight running a rampant RMT scheme this time around - get over it bud!

OOooohhhh right! You never RMTed I bet! Would love to see the staff investigate your accounts' histories of platinum-transactions. I'm sure it's all accounted for though, right?

Well I think I remembered where all the toxicity comes from now.
And I never made a dime off any AoE btw.

I'm sorry you won't ever get to experience doing mass AoE pulls in classic it was incredibly fun.

I did give it my best shot but it looks like there's just to many stupid people who don't know what fun is. Maybe it's some sort of brainwashing...

Could get everything you need, plat, items, gear, xp in one swift pull
or
Could wait hours doing trivial pulls

The fact remains mass AoE was possible, it was done in classic, the AoE spells were created and intended to be used this way.

To me it's mind boggling people would actually be against it. I don't comprehend any of your stupid stances on this matter.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 05:05 PM
/pet get lost

Zeboim
09-21-2019, 05:05 PM
The proletariat must seize the means of exp production!

Vyal
09-21-2019, 05:08 PM
The proletariat must seize the means of exp production!

Communism doesn't work. Keep that in mind. :cool:

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 05:12 PM
this is a recycle server not a country lol

Axlrose
09-21-2019, 05:15 PM
As a main frame server once said, "the only winning move is not to play."

Vyal
09-21-2019, 05:15 PM
this is a recycle server not a country lol

Oh but I can already see the lines of people waiting to go do slow trivial pulls.
https://i.imgur.com/MOV6x5d.png

Vyal
09-21-2019, 05:19 PM
The whole idea of limiting mobs is basically a communist concept. If you really think about it.

bwe
09-21-2019, 05:19 PM
jeez man give up already

AbstractVision
09-21-2019, 05:20 PM
Its not communism, its an oligarchy. You have no power here and you're completely meaningless. Your opinion is meaningless. Your link to a rant about a delusional shaman is meaningless. The fact that we are here trying to help you see that is meaningless. Suck it up and live in the free world that was given to you by those with power, or gtfo. /shrug

Vyal
09-21-2019, 05:25 PM
Its not communism, its an oligarchy. You have no power here and you're completely meaningless. Your opinion is meaningless. Your link to a rant about a delusional shaman is meaningless. The fact that we are here trying to help you see that is meaningless. Suck it up and live in the free world that was given to you by those with power, or gtfo. /shrug

In a free world there would be no mob limits.
The better player gets the mobs and the weak commie lovers are jealous because they are forced to grind mob after mob never knowing the joys of nuking 200 mobs at a time.

Zeboim
09-21-2019, 05:29 PM
Just go play EVE if you want a libertarian wankfest simulator.

azeth
09-21-2019, 05:30 PM
The better player gets the mobs and the weak commie lovers are jealous because they are forced to grind mob after mob never knowing the joys of nuking 200 mobs at a time.

Better player or just bards because they're broken?

Chortles Snort|eS
09-21-2019, 05:32 PM
Hi Brad!

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 05:34 PM
Nobody here is jealous lol this decision came from patch notes nothing else why do you think that all the dots are connected? Shouldn't Vyal be at area 51?

I mean maybe Vyal is jealous of the ruling but nobody else is.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 05:34 PM
Just go play EVE if you want a libertarian wankfest simulator.

Why don't you want more exp, and plat per pull?

I'm just trying to comprehend wtf is wrong with you people.

There was never any mob limits in Everquest.

More mobs = more EXP for you
More mobs = WAY WAY more fun
More mobs = Clear the way faster
More mobs = More Plat

Why on earth would you support a mob limit on yourself?

I swear you people must all be zoomers there is no other logical explanation.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 05:35 PM
For someone who's played here as long as you have boy you sure don't know your audience. What's a zoomer lol

Gustoo
09-21-2019, 05:35 PM
When you guys get into political systems the dumb deepens.

Fact is greens gumma be gr8 with no aoe game breaking.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 05:36 PM
Hey Vyal its ok you can do Going Postal to avoid grinding exp! oh no.

Gustoo
09-21-2019, 05:38 PM
If aoe didn't break the game and all other forms of progression it would be allowed.

It's nerfed because it changes experience to a non classic one.

Good luck!

AbstractVision
09-21-2019, 05:38 PM
Call the police hotline, Vyal might have a mental break down and go on a mass shooting spree.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 05:40 PM
When you guys get into political systems the dumb deepens.

Fact is greens gumma be gr8 with no aoe game breaking.

aoe was never game breaking.

It was some of the most fun you could ever have in EQ.

Real question man.. What is going through your head that makes you say to yourself "hmm you know what I don't want more exp per pull, I don't want to level faster, I don't want more plat per pull"

If it's not an inherent belief in communism what makes you think this way?

Gustoo
09-21-2019, 05:45 PM
It is game breaking. Pulling all of the over there for 1 group vs the 25 groups in classic grinding is game breaking.

We're talking 1 group vs 25 groups.

Game wasn't designed to handle it.

It's a cool meta playstyle and I enjoy it.

For classic reproduction it doesn't make sense. Changes entire game experience.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 05:46 PM
Can you believe you came out of your hole after all these years and this is how you feel immediately?

One day on ProjectBlue2009 you will be able to AoE for like 10 years, but until then you gotta play by the patch notes. Sorry OP.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 05:52 PM
It is game breaking. Pulling all of the over there for 1 group vs the 25 groups in classic grinding is game breaking.

We're talking 1 group vs 25 groups.

Game wasn't designed to handle it.

It's a cool meta playstyle and I enjoy it.

For classic reproduction it doesn't make sense. Changes entire game experience.

Do you think there is an difference between getting trained by 25 mobs or 50?
It doesn't make a difference at that point fyi...

Someone taking 25 mobs might as well take 50 and if they take 50 they might as well take all of them.

Listen after I saw some of the nasty replies, toxicity and vitriol here over this issue I don't know if i'll be joining Green at all now but 25 mob limit is retarded for so many reasons.

Just make it 4 mob limit and be done with it.

I'm seeing the light let me tell you 25 mobs is way too many make it 4 and be done with it.

:p

Vyal
09-21-2019, 05:56 PM
To be really honest 4 is even to many you should only be able to AoE 2 mobs at once that way it will be even more balanced and classic ;)

Gustoo
09-21-2019, 05:57 PM
Did you play kunark in 2000? Do you remember grips and grips or people in little group squads in DL and OT and FM?

Now imagine those people can't play the game because 1 ae group has all the mobs.

Not sure why you don't get why they don't belong in a 1999 launch.

I'm a cleric. I love ae groups.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 06:01 PM
Did you play kunark in 2000? Do you remember grips and grips or people in little group squads in DL and OT and FM?

Now imagine those people can't play the game because 1 ae group has all the mobs.

Not sure why you don't get why they don't belong in a 1999 launch.

I'm a cleric. I love ae groups.

I'm with you now. I told you I saw the light bro now if we can just get that mob limit down from 25. Clearly 25 is way to many mobs. 2- 4 per AoE is the way the game was truly supposed to be played. :D

Zeboim
09-21-2019, 06:08 PM
Guys I think this Liberty Prime roleplay might have gone a little too far.

Jadian
09-21-2019, 06:47 PM
This guy proved why libertarians are retarded in this thread.

Didn't prove a thing about mob limits or AE spells, but at least he proved something.

Tethler
09-21-2019, 06:50 PM
Really cute response. Is this how you end all the arguments you lose?

If you won the argument, why is the limit still in place :confused:

pink grapefruit
09-21-2019, 07:45 PM
This drama is so delicious xD

@vyal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory

also this guy is probably an RMTer which is why he cares so hard about the classic 4 mob AOE limitation. permaban??

https://i.imgur.com/af2roHW.png

Zeboim
09-21-2019, 07:58 PM
But can anyone tell me who is John Galt?

Vyal
09-21-2019, 08:07 PM
But can anyone tell me who is John Galt?

But can anyone tell me why they don't want to be able to pull as many mobs as they can and would willingly support a brand new mechanic to simulate "intended" 1999 game play?

To me you ALL sound like fucking idiots.

It's why I am in full support of only 2 - 4 mob limit max. Why stop at 25? Isn't there some bullshit "proof" some guy who didn't even know how to play a bard supposedly emailed some other guy on Yahoo?

Make this shit as restricted as you possibly can that's the way the game was "intended" on being played right?

So do it have a blast but i'm not digging it. Already uninstalled and made room on the SD for something else not wasting my time surrounded by morons who would support the dumbest most retarded changes imaginable to the server in the future and ruin it wasting every minute spent here.

It's just the slippery slope. One stupid change will bring about more stupid changes because everyone supported the first stupid change.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 08:09 PM
What happened to everyone who said mob limits was a bad idea anyhow?

I know there must have been some did the green names tell them to fuck off and go play a different server?

pink grapefruit
09-21-2019, 08:18 PM
But can anyone tell me why they don't want to be able to pull as many mobs as they can and would willingly support a brand new mechanic to simulate "intended" 1999 game play?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fndeDfaWCg

Already uninstalled and made room on the SD for something else not wasting my time surrounded by morons who would support the dumbest most retarded changes imaginable to the server in the future and ruin it wasting every minute spent here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eegDtyrSUZw

aaezil
09-21-2019, 08:22 PM
This is not classic.

Someones mad that they cant bard swarm to 50 haha

Get good and actually play the game!

Vyal
09-21-2019, 08:34 PM
Someones mad that they cant bard swarm to 50 haha

Get good and actually play the game!

Am good but obviously 25 mobs is a lot it must be even lower.
2 - 4 mob limit tops is the only way the game was ever intended on being played.
Those AoE spells were never supposed to be used on any pull more then 4.
Didn't you see all the proofs?

I mean c'mon 25 mobs? Really it's the same as 50 when it comes to how fast the train kills people anyhow so it must be lower.
Even if that means making game mechanic changes, even if it means robbing bards of their fun or messing up power level groups.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 08:49 PM
What happened to everyone who said mob limits was a bad idea anyhow?

We are mature adults.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 09:13 PM
We are mature adults.

Being submissive and kowtowing to mob limits isn't the same thing imo.

;)

Freakish
09-21-2019, 09:47 PM
It makes sense that certain aoe spells were bugged at one point and not casting correctly. If you're looking for proof I suggest finding posts about the gem icon color. Blue means unlimited and green means max 4, right? Surely there are posts complaining that these colors are meaningless if there was a 4 mob limit.

Most likely it was a single patch that broke certain spells or z-axis casting made aoes not work right or some other little oddity that the devs noticed and fixed.

Tethler
09-21-2019, 09:54 PM
Due to the availability of mobs and OP's inability to provide evidence for his claims, I'm going to make an executive decision here.

It's going to be a grats everyone that isn't OP.

Zeboim
09-21-2019, 10:00 PM
Being submissive and kowtowing to mob limits isn't the same thing imo.

;)

Your desired vision of the game is a hellscape that I want no part of.

You're looking at a choice where you can supercharge your own advancement and make yourself rich, but the cost is that you destroy the experience for everyone else. You're looking at that and thinking "I want this! Give it to me!". I look at this and think I don't want to take that bargain.

Thankfully the Devs aren't sociopaths and take the second road.

Bye.

p.s. since you're really dedicated to playing an ancap libertarian hellscape MMO and definitely quitting project 1999 as you've said, I recommend playing EVE. There are plenty of other people just like you there to show you who is the boss.

p.p.s Applying terms like Communism to the concept of people not killstealing and training each other is stupid.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 10:07 PM
It makes sense that certain aoe spells were bugged at one point and not casting correctly. If you're looking for proof I suggest finding posts about the gem icon color. Blue means unlimited and green means max 4, right? Surely there are posts complaining that these colors are meaningless if there was a 4 mob limit.

Most likely it was a single patch that broke certain spells or z-axis casting made aoes not work right or some other little oddity that the devs noticed and fixed.

http://www.wtfman.com/mcd/mayjunejuly.htm

5/18/99

Ok ok, I am an addict. I said I was back, yet haven't updated in a while. I told you I was a slacker, and from now on just consider it part of the site disclaimer. I just hit 24th level on my Shaman, and I gotta say, life has just gotten a lot better. New spell levels mean tons of fun. If you don't play EQ, you can't relate. Last night I was just given a whole new arsenal of shitkicking spells, and well, it's fun to terrorize the little bastard critters that gave you so much trouble as an infantile ass sratching troll. After hitting 24th I promptly purchased my new spells, and gathered together every froglok tadpole in the land into one nice big group, laughed as they tried to nibble me as they did oh so not long ago, and basked in the light of self satisfaction watching all 46 of them die at one time to the new improved area effect spells. That beats leveling to me man. I think I'll take a 2 week break from all leveling activity and stick to my tadpole killing.

But this is not classic but obviously all lies. I mean dial up aoe's would never work anyways there's literally no evidence of any groups anywhere using dial up to aoe mobs. Doesn't exist at all.

The main thing now is to make sure the mob limit gets set to only 4 because there is proof. It's real and everyone who remembers how aoe spells hit more then 4 mobs obviously doesn't remember right and any information at all saying aoe spells hit more then 4 mobs is nothing but lies.

Don't even question it because that's some type of sin now.

Vyal
09-21-2019, 10:15 PM
Your desired vision of the game is a hellscape that I want no part of.

You're looking at a choice where you can supercharge your own advancement and make yourself rich, but the cost is that you destroy the experience for everyone else. You're looking at that and thinking "I want this! Give it to me!". I look at this and think I don't want to take that bargain.

Thankfully the Devs aren't sociopaths and take the second road.

Bye.

p.s. since you're really dedicated to playing an ancap libertarian hellscape MMO and definitely quitting project 1999 as you've said, I recommend playing EVE. There are plenty of other people just like you there to show you who is the boss.

p.p.s Applying terms like Communism to the concept of people not killstealing and training each other is stupid.

Is it so hard to understand it's possible to kill more then 25 mobs without kill stealing from people?
Here I was thinking you had at least the slightest idea of how an aoe worked but apparently you all have this preconceived idea that it means stealing everyones mobs, training everyone, and breaking all the rules.

You know what happened back when I played and a train hit a group or killed someone?
The GM would come.
Before I quit all aoe's being done everywhere were well oiled machines run by people who knew exactly what to do. Taking some groups mobs never ever happened, even accidentally killing them didn't happen at this point. Everyone was very respectful of each other and helped one another out.

I can't even understand what would provoke someone to put mob limits in aside from a bunch of carebear trolls like the number who have been replying to this thread with bullshit mad they don't get zoomed and complaining to the staff.

Vx36
09-21-2019, 10:25 PM
I thought you uninstalled already. Why waste anymore time on something that is not going to change? You can always come back in 6th months to aoe whatever you'd like or just do it right now on blue.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 10:27 PM
Vyal have you heard of EZ server?

Vyal
09-21-2019, 10:37 PM
Vyal have you heard of EZ server?

Don't care about it. EQ isn't something I need to live like most here. I would never ever support any mob limits either to me it's stupid and selfish. I'm sure you see it the exact opposite.
I can literally play any other game this whole time i'm playing cod beta replying to comments here during intermission.

But you on the other hand.. just imagine all those bards taking a whole 25 mobs away and remember to make sure they get that 4 mob limit put it.

Zeboim
09-21-2019, 10:48 PM
Is it so hard to understand it's possible to kill more then 25 mobs without kill stealing from people?
Here I was thinking you had at least the slightest idea of how an aoe worked but apparently you all have this preconceived idea that it means stealing everyones mobs, training everyone, and breaking all the rules.

You know what happened back when I played and a train hit a group or killed someone?
The GM would come.
Before I quit all aoe's being done everywhere were well oiled machines run by people who knew exactly what to do. Taking some groups mobs never ever happened, even accidentally killing them didn't happen at this point. Everyone was very respectful of each other and helped one another out.

And yet here we are, with a 25 mob limit added for some mysterious reason. Clearly it's just to keep the Bardman down. Totally unprovoked.

We're all very impressed by your ability to not play EQ however. I applaud this new superpower of yours. Good work!

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 10:56 PM
Don't care about it. EQ isn't something I need to live like most here. I would never ever support any mob limits either to me it's stupid and selfish. I'm sure you see it the exact opposite.
I can literally play any other game this whole time i'm playing cod beta replying to comments here during intermission.

But you on the other hand.. just imagine all those bards taking a whole 25 mobs away and remember to make sure they get that 4 mob limit put it.

uh that's not at all what I meant but ok

bwe
09-21-2019, 10:57 PM
wow he's still arguing four pages after he said he was done with the argument, how about that

kotton05
09-21-2019, 11:35 PM
You could aoe on dial up...

Halfcell
09-22-2019, 12:13 AM
You could aoe on dial up...

This

Nagoya
09-22-2019, 12:51 AM

"In a free world anyone would be able to launch any EQ server they would like with the ruleset they want, including Rogean, me and everyone else!"

FTFY

At this point, you're simply looking for a different server bro.
Start one. Or have one started by a friend.
It's a free world.

Are you enjoying it, the freedom?
It feels like you are not enjoying this free world so much.
Are you OK?

there is no mob limit IRL. try it sometimes.