PDA

View Full Version : What will be your primary race on Green?

Bravak
09-20-2019, 07:32 AM
Which race will you play as your primary character on Green?

Let's get an idea of how crowded each starting area is likely to be! :D

Chortles Snort|eS
09-20-2019, 07:54 AM
me prefEr da fEeRRoTT 2 sWamP

soronil
09-20-2019, 10:07 AM
You need to differentiate between FP human and Qeynos human! (and 3 choices for half elves...)

soronil
09-20-2019, 11:42 AM
Also, does anyone know... The Guise of the Deceiver... you'll have one of the 8 available dark elf faces for that gender. Does anyone know if it's a 1:1 correlation with the faces of your original race? So you can plan ahead what face you will have with Guise?? If so how do we figure out which face is face0 for each race??(it randoms on the char creation screen)

azeth
09-20-2019, 12:18 PM
Also, does anyone know... The Guise of the Deceiver... you'll have one of the 8 available dark elf faces for that gender. Does anyone know if it's a 1:1 correlation with the faces of your original race? So you can plan ahead what face you will have with Guise?? If so how do we figure out which face is face0 for each race??(it randoms on the char creation screen)

You can switch your face in game after creation.

Aaramis
09-20-2019, 01:08 PM
I need to decide on a class before I can choose a race :/

Barantor
09-20-2019, 01:24 PM
I've been going back and forth. I've run so many elves, dwarves and gnomes that I know Faydwer like the back of my hand but very little about the more obscure parts of Antonica. I've never really run a human from Freeport and only tried a bit with a human from Qeynos.

Every time I've tried a Barbarian it feels like a ghost town (both live and blue) so I never got far with it either. Halflings and evil races do nothing for me, nor Eruidites.

I'll probably not make up my mind till right before it goes live lol.

Ennewi
09-20-2019, 01:30 PM

This isn't the case anymore, at least when using Duxa's UI. Clicking the face option does nothing.

soronil
09-20-2019, 04:40 PM
I need to decide on a class before I can choose a race :/

that's not very RP! are you saying that we don't control our own destinies, and that our paths are chosen before we are ever born?!

mostly unrelated, but also "start with race" idea i just thought of:
/random 12 pick a race
/random <n> pick a class
/random <x> pick a diety

could be kind of fun.... for an alt at least
First couple of tries i got :
Gnome Cleric Bristlebane - > gnome cleric is actually in my top 5
High Elf Paladin Tunare - > Erudite Paladin was on my list. not that mad about high elf.
Halfling Rogue Bristlebane - > would not have picked rogue on my own. but i'd try it.

Jibartik
09-20-2019, 05:05 PM
20% pick human :p

And they think we're playing green for manastones and guises... smh. :D

You guys are the best! CLASSIC AS THEY COME! :cool:

soronil
09-20-2019, 05:25 PM
20% pick human :p

And they think we're playing green for manastones and guises... smh. :D

You guys are the best! CLASSIC AS THEY COME! :cool:

Hey according to My instruction manual and the Prima Strategy guide I have it says humans level faster than all other races... So whose the sucker now?

vetia
09-20-2019, 06:00 PM
Aw, those poor citizens of Neriak

Nagoya
09-20-2019, 06:44 PM
if you want to know what starting hub will be crowded, ask what hub you plan to start in? Races does not give this information.

split it like this:
Odus & West Antonica (Erudin/Halas/Qeynos)
East Antonica (Freeport/Neriak/Rivervale)
South Antonica (Feerrott/Innothule)
Faydwer (Kaladim/Kelethin/Felwithe/Ak'anon)

if we're talking 3,000 players at launch,

I suspect something like this...
~1200 East Antonica
~950 Faydwer
~650 Odus & West Antonica
~200 South Antonica

sacman08
09-20-2019, 06:48 PM
I've never played Gnome due to the lowered camera view in first person, but I figure I should at least try it. Plus never done Tinkering either so new race and new tradeskill to try.

kabouter
09-20-2019, 10:51 PM
I was going to go for gnome or dark elf, but for my first enchanter I think I'll have to go high elf for the charisma. Especially on green gear will be hard to come by and a much higher starting charisma will help.

Why do they give the ugliest race in the game the highest charisma...

Seungkyu
09-21-2019, 05:57 AM
Also, does anyone know... The Guise of the Deceiver...So you can plan ahead what face you will have with Guise?? If so how do we figure out which face is face0 for each race??(it randoms on the char creation screen)

Today is your lucky day my friend, I am probably the only person who has the answer to your question. For I have spent many hours on...Fashionquest!

The answer to your question is...Yes! :)

You can definitely plan which dark elf face you want to go with your original race.
Each race has a preset number that matches with an identical number of another race.

One way to find out which face is which, is to find an enchanter, and see what their face morphs in to.

Your next step is to find your enchanter friend/guildie and ask. If you don't have any friends that are enchanters, proceed to East Commonlands and ask Enchanters to show you their multiple faces, as they respond with confusion. :p

Wenai
09-21-2019, 09:20 AM

What I did on Blue was I picked the face I liked for the primary race that I play, and edited the texture package so that it shows the DE face that I liked. This will only show for yourself (everyone else will use their own texture package) but that is fine.

Wenai
09-21-2019, 09:25 AM
Today is your lucky day my friend, I am probably the only person who has the answer to your question. For I have spent many hours on...Fashionquest!

The answer to your question is...Yes! :)

You can definitely plan which dark elf face you want to go with your original race.
Each race has a preset number that matches with an identical number of another race.

One way to find out which face is which, is to find an enchanter, and see what their face morphs in to.

Your next step is to find your enchanter friend/guildie and ask. If you don't have any friends that are enchanters, proceed to East Commonlands and ask Enchanters to show you their multiple faces, as they respond with confusion. :p
Super unnecessary.

There is some information in this thread (httphttps://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160670) that will help you with looking at all the faces. Face2 of one race, will line up with Face2 of the DarkElf race. Find the dark elf face texture you like, and replace the one with the corresponding number of your natural race. Bam. You can look how you want to look for yourself.

TROUNCE
10-05-2019, 08:40 PM
I'm going human because Halfling Bards were never a thing even though it makes SOOO much sense. EQs biggest flaw imo. :P

sciception
10-08-2019, 11:49 AM
Bump

Dolalin
10-08-2019, 11:50 AM
The lure of the small races is strong for that easy Unrest bronze.

Tyronius of Midnight
10-08-2019, 12:09 PM
anything other than Erudite is dead wrong.

Luneward
10-08-2019, 01:00 PM
Anything other than dead Erudites is wrong? Alright. Wasn't planning to spend much time on Odus until I can roll a lizzie but ok!

Still trying to decide on my race. On one hand halfling.... on the other hand making elven chain mail (eventually)

BlackBellamy
10-08-2019, 01:23 PM
And my vote pushes the Dark Elves into a first place tie with the dirty humans.

magusfire24
10-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Me bees da bestest Troll!

Deathrydar
10-08-2019, 01:31 PM
And my vote pushes the Dark Elves into a first place tie with the dirty humans.

Dark elves are dirty. Humans are clean!

Strawberries
10-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Voted dark elf, but sort of regretting it now. May go with gnome or barbarian instead.

Trollhide
10-08-2019, 01:40 PM
I'm going human because Halfling Bards were never a thing even though it makes SOOO much sense. EQs biggest flaw imo. :P

https://wiki.project1999.com/Desiccated_Halfling_Mask

Cen
10-08-2019, 01:55 PM

Green you can't!

By the way just so everyone knows if you want to know what dark elf face you'll get yes it is a one-to-one correlation the same face of every race gets the same face of another race. On the velious fashiont page the face positioned in the same spot in the lineup but do keep in mind two of them are missing and one of them has a helmet on that obscure.

pink grapefruit
10-08-2019, 03:03 PM
If Cazic clerics aren't in at start I'm going dark elf inny rogue.

Glarkus31
10-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Not many Dwarves out there... more Krag Chicks for me I guess! =)

Baler
10-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Froglok Paladin

DMN
10-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Rat.

sciception
10-08-2019, 05:17 PM
if you want to know what starting hub will be crowded, ask what hub you plan to start in? Races does not give this information.

split it like this:
Odus & West Antonica (Erudin/Halas/Qeynos)
East Antonica (Freeport/Neriak/Rivervale)
South Antonica (Feerrott/Innothule)
Faydwer (Kaladim/Kelethin/Felwithe/Ak'anon)

if we're talking 3,000 players at launch,

I suspect something like this...
~1200 East Antonica
~950 Faydwer
~650 Odus & West Antonica
~200 South Antonica

Nope, people will auto-select Qeynos on accident for sure.

sciception
10-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Not many Dwarves out there... more Krag Chicks for me I guess! =)

You little horndog.

sciception
10-08-2019, 05:20 PM
Hey according to My instruction manual and the Prima Strategy guide I have it says humans level faster than all other races... So whose the sucker now?

Humans used to get an XP bonus iirc.

Trollhide
10-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Humans used to get an XP bonus iirc.
Legend has it they were *supposed* to get an exp bonus but it was mistakenly given to halflings instead

Barantor
10-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Legend has it they were *supposed* to get an exp bonus but it was mistakenly given to halflings instead

It makes sense and is in line with older tabletop rpgs.

Fammaden
10-08-2019, 05:54 PM
If the quests remain in Qeynos is going to be a super popular choice, many people are planning around powering up on all those xp/cash quests which are considered the best early game ones available in vanilla.

If so I'd expect Qeynos (with all the erudites and barbs) > Faydwer > East Antonica > South Antonica. I can imagine quite a few ogres and trolls though, just less overall than those other crowded regions obviously.

If questing is mostly absent due to some classic proof of timeline for quest implementation, then all bets are off and I'd expect East Antonica > Faydwer > West Antonica/Odus > South.

Zeboim
10-08-2019, 06:12 PM
People expect to quest to power themselves up ahead of the curb but most of them will probably get stuck just by sheer lack of the quest targets. Qeynos Hills isn't exactly flush with spawns, and the people starting with that intention are going to be the ones savvy enough to know exactly what they're doing.

The best zone to play in to start with is going to be... Eurotime zone, or Asiantime zone.

BlackBellamy
10-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Yeah Dark Elf and smelly human still neck and neck.

Verityn
10-08-2019, 09:24 PM
I'm surprised to see all the humans.

Graventhel
10-08-2019, 10:54 PM
I went DE but will change it to Eru if by some miracle Eru SKs are enabled at Green launch. By the way, does anyone know how Eru Hoods and graphic'd plate helms work? Does it just alter the color?

Steelthorn
10-09-2019, 07:05 AM
I'm surprised to see all the humans.

Guess a lot of people looking forward to being blind!

And given I can't roll my ikky monk for a year.... hm. Probably going Dwarf Cleric or Pally to start.

Verityn
10-09-2019, 10:16 AM
I went DE but will change it to Eru if by some miracle Eru SKs are enabled at Green launch. By the way, does anyone know how Eru Hoods and graphic'd plate helms work? Does it just alter the color?

Yeah, it just changes the color until velious plate comes out.

Baler
10-09-2019, 10:25 AM
Human Cleric Bertox

kaev
10-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Human Cleric Bertox

Human Druid Karana...

Baler
10-09-2019, 10:46 AM
Human Druid Karana...

*holds out a grime covered hand in an attempt to shake*
~secretly plagued hand in an attempt to kick start the plagued karana event~