PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Green

Zalora
09-20-2019, 12:07 AM
I'm a little confused as to what's going on with the recent announcement about the Green server. I have a few questions:

Announcement says Green will eventually merge into Blue and then "restart again." What does this mean? Everything will get nuked after the merge and we'll all need to level up a third time? I don't get it.

If you can't name a character on Green with the same name on Blue, but you can name a character on Green the same name if you have it, what happens to the two different characters with the same name after Blue+Green merge? Does one of your two characters get forced to change their name?

Pretty much every name on Blue is already taken so how is anyone going to name their characters anything coherant? Even random conventional fantasy names don't work at this point. Am I going to have to name my Cleric "Vrglblglh?" I Foresee this server being filled with a lot of shortbus names.

Are item "lists" just for the limited stuff like manastone or does this go for all MQs, etc?

daxchunjae1912
09-20-2019, 01:41 AM
Announcement says Green will eventually merge into Blue and then "restart again." What does this mean? Everything will get nuked after the merge and we'll all need to level up a third time? I don't get it.
It means that when Green server finishes its’ progressive timeline at the end of Velious several years later, Green server will reset and all characters will be moved to blue. Thus, server restarts fresh again back to classic timeline.

If you can't name a character on Green with the same name on Blue, but you can name a character on Green the same name if you have it, what happens to the two different characters with the same name after Blue+Green merge? Does one of your two characters get forced to change their name?

We’re not quite sure as this information wasn’t explained in detail but you’re able to choose the same name as long as you’re using the same account as that name. So most likely if you had two names for example Player it may change one of them to Player00 and then you might be able to change it again at a later date. But what if all character slots are filled on blue when this happens, how will the merge be successful in this scenario? This is still yet to be determined.

Pretty much every name on Blue is already taken so how is anyone going to name their characters anything coherant? Even random conventional fantasy names don't work at this point. Am I going to have to name my Cleric "Vrglblglh?" I Foresee this server being filled with a lot of shortbus names.

Even though hundreds and hundreds of thousands of names have been taken so far after ten years or so, there are still plenty more combinations that can be chosen as legible names. Coming up with garbage value names isn’t even remotely close to being the only solutions. You just need to be a little more creative.

Are item "lists" just for the limited stuff like manastone or does this go for all MQs, etc?
Only legacy items for now. So this means guise mask, manastones, etc...

Videri
09-20-2019, 01:47 AM
Announcement says Green will eventually merge into Blue and then "restart again." What does this mean? Everything will get nuked after the merge and we'll all need to level up a third time?

So, by "merge" they mean they move the characters from Green to Blue and then they wipe Green and restart it. So you don't have to level up again. Your characters from Green will be moved to Blue. Nothing gets deleted, it just gets moved.

soronil
09-20-2019, 09:23 AM
But what if all character slots are filled on blue when this happens, how will the merge be successful in this scenario? This is still yet to be determined.
You will have up to 16 characters on blue after green 1.0 merges. You will only see the top 8 alphabetically. You must delete a character 1-8 to see 9.

Even though hundreds and hundreds of thousands of names have been taken so far after ten years or so, there are still plenty more combinations that can be chosen as legible names. Coming up with garbage value names isn’t even remotely close to being the only solutions. You just need to be a little more creative.
There will be a level 1 character purge. Rogean said it on twitch a week ago. (same VoD where he discussed the issue above)

honeybee12874
09-20-2019, 10:40 AM
You will have up to 16 characters on blue after green 1.0 merges. You will only see the top 8 alphabetically. You must delete a character 1-8 to see 9.

There will be a level 1 character purge. Rogean said it on twitch a week ago. (same VoD where he discussed the issue above)

Oh, very interesting. Do you have a link to that video?

Zalora
09-20-2019, 11:17 AM
It means that when Green server finishes its’ progressive timeline at the end of Velious several years later, Green server will reset and all characters will be moved to blue. Thus, server restarts fresh again back to classic timeline.
So then does that mean the Green server is essentially seasonal? Every couple of years everyone starts from scratch? :eek:

Zalora
09-20-2019, 11:18 AM

When is the purge going to start?

AbstractVision
09-20-2019, 11:23 AM
Purge will be minimum of 6 months after last velious patch. So earliest is sometime 2023.

daxchunjae1912
09-20-2019, 11:45 AM
So then does that mean the Green server is essentially seasonal? Every couple of years everyone starts from scratch? :eek:

That's correct. So you have a cycle every 3 to 4 years for the Green server's lifespan before it restarts over and all the characters are 'dumped' to Blue so to speak, and the process perpetually repeats again.

This is a unique idea since I don't think it's ever been done before and on a 'strict' timeline per se. There might be many people out there who find this discouraging since most come to play casually and any gaps in inactivity will fall behind very quickly compared to those who play on a more religious basis.

And as time goes by on Green, you're running out of time since the goal would probably be to bulk up and level up as quickly as possible before the next reset and when you have tons of others doing the same thing it's almost a race to see who can get to the end before enjoying your spoils.

Videri
09-20-2019, 03:07 PM

You DON'T have to start from scratch. You get to keep playing your characters. They'll have been moved to Blue. After the Merge, you start logging into Blue instead of Green.

AegnorP99
09-20-2019, 03:23 PM
Purge will be minimum of 6 months after last velious patch. So earliest is sometime 2023.

I *think* the purge in question is the purge of unplayed Level 1 toons to open up a bunch of names. I would assume it would occur prior to Green's launch.

Wiltan
09-20-2019, 03:34 PM
I *think* the purge in question is the purge of unplayed Level 1 toons to open up a bunch of names. I would assume it would occur prior to Green's launch.

Is that a guess or is that something official? I wouldn't want my lvl 1 toons to be purged just so someone on green can take the name of a toon I haven't played much but put some gear on.

I get it if before the merge in a few years, they did a lvl 1 purge.

soronil
09-20-2019, 04:15 PM
a level 1 purge was mentioned by Rogean on twitch. I would expect it. I would also expect details before they do it, and some other filters beyond level.
Maybe:
level 1 not played in x many days and without platinum and without a bunch of gear, etc.
in other words, your tunnel mule won't be deleted... but any chars you created and never did anything with... those are gone. If you want to keep them, you will have to take steps.

Balimon
09-20-2019, 04:17 PM
I would level any character you want to keep to level 2 right now if I were you.

Nagoya
09-20-2019, 06:35 PM

I'm an altaholic.
I have started probably more than 100 characters in the last year alone. (I know. I have a problem.)

I have never ever had a problem finding a name.
One that can be read and sound normal. Absolutely no problem. Barely an inconvenience.

Stop capoting.

Nilstoniakrath
09-20-2019, 09:19 PM
I'm an altaholic.
I have started probably more than 100 characters in the last year alone. (I know. I have a problem.)

I have never ever had a problem finding a name.
One that can be read and sound normal. Absolutely no problem. Barely an inconvenience.

Stop capoting.

This.

LOL, impressive, it has taken me six years to amass an army of alts of about ~100. I thought I was alone in my pathos, now I don't feel so bad

But they speak the truth, sometimes it takes a doubling of a letter, or some other alternative spelling, but creating a name even after ten years is really no big deal

Now, if your heart is set on some lame-@$$ name like Gnomercy or Gnorezforu or Ilikebigbutts or Idiealot, and you have no imagination, well, whine away

Nagoya
09-20-2019, 10:42 PM
Preach bro <3