PDA

View Full Version : Green first to 50?

hillgiantchamp
09-19-2019, 06:01 PM
So green will launch on a friday which I'm very thankful for because of work, which I'll be most definitely taking off the friday of server launch! Can't wait! So how long do you think it will take for server first 50? One week? Five days? By Sunday 2 days after launch lol? I wouldnt be surprised. Definitely will see a group camping manastone by sunday imo. But first manastone could take over 24 hours to drop once camped. I camped 2 with a friend early on blue and it took us over 40 hours to get both. We took shifts. Took us over 24 hours to get the first one. Drop rate is no joke on those. Be prepared for a long wait

indiscriminate_hater
09-19-2019, 06:26 PM
oh I imagine someone will get a bard up to 35 within a day and shoot straight over to lower guk

aaezil
09-19-2019, 06:46 PM
50? A few days with 25 mob limit id imagine.

Jibartik
09-19-2019, 06:51 PM
I strongly believe there will be level 50 bards day 1

hillgiantchamp
09-19-2019, 07:02 PM
Your probably right manastone and lvl 50 will probably be in by saturday. I'm to much of a normy to imagine that grind

Vart
09-19-2019, 07:16 PM
This could be made into a fun type of pool , even a simple gm event.

Do it price of right style , whoever gets closest to the correct time without going over the GM could award their green char 500pp or some other item that's not ground breaking , not a legacy item , just something a new char on a new server would love to have.

31 hours 45mins

Less then 2 days for someone to ding 50 seems like a safe bet.
This will be interesting to see for sure.

Lojik
09-19-2019, 07:22 PM
I'm wondering what kind of impediment high populations will be. Like, will it actually be a constraint on ability to get mobs? Maybe desync action? Would 100 people zoning in and out be enough to prevent bards from swarming?
Youd need someone to break out quick from the peleton... Maybe like level 12 or something by two hours in...idk what level bards get good aoe? How much money do they need for the right instruments? Do they need any? 5plat not much on blue but if you're trying to break away from the pack it might take a while to get. Seems like 50 by midnight Sunday would be damn impressive, but if there's neck beards that can do it, they're probably going to on green launch.

Legidias
09-19-2019, 07:46 PM
Bards can AE kite starting at lvl 2. Costs like 1p for drums / lute.

The faster you get to higher level, the less competition for mobs at that point. Bards will basically stop levelling fast at 30 though as theres nothing to AE kite well. (still fast with charm / fear kite)

Jibartik
09-19-2019, 08:08 PM
probubly could aoe dwarves to 50

Bristlebaner
09-19-2019, 08:47 PM
I'm wondering what kind of impediment high populations will be. Like, will it actually be a constraint on ability to get mobs? Maybe desync action? Would 100 people zoning in and out be enough to prevent bards from swarming?
Youd need someone to break out quick from the peleton... Maybe like level 12 or something by two hours in...idk what level bards get good aoe? How much money do they need for the right instruments? Do they need any? 5plat not much on blue but if you're trying to break away from the pack it might take a while to get. Seems like 50 by midnight Sunday would be damn impressive, but if there's neck beards that can do it, they're probably going to on green launch.

The key to leveling quickly is to break away from the pack of filthy casuals that can't hook up an IV and hit it hard 22 hours a day. Once you're level 20+ and everyone else is muddling along at level 5-7, you're home free.

indiscriminate_hater
09-19-2019, 08:52 PM
Bards can AE kite starting at lvl 2. Costs like 1p for drums / lute.

The faster you get to higher level, the less competition for mobs at that point. Bards will basically stop levelling fast at 30 though as theres nothing to AE kite well. (still fast with charm / fear kite)

spectres, guards, even efreeti imps aren't off the table

Jibartik
09-19-2019, 09:16 PM
spectres, guards, even efreeti imps aren't off the table

How many mobs can a bard keep snared while still dpsing, 3? or could they do 4? You could do imps like that. Would be great exp lol Probubly would be so hard though.

Might be a good duo for druid and a bard maybe?

Canelek
09-19-2019, 10:00 PM
It'll be quick, and like others have stated, once you break away from the initial pack, you'll have the latitude to level without too much mob competition. The unemployed, self-employed, wealthy, work-from-home and taking PTO obviously have the biggest advantage. Bonus points for stay-at-home-sons, recently paroled, heavy drug users and divorced dads with free internet I suppose.

Lojik
09-19-2019, 10:04 PM
The key to leveling quickly is to break away from the pack of filthy casuals that can't hook up an IV and hit it hard 22 hours a day. Once you're level 20+ and everyone else is muddling along at level 5-7, you're home free.

I understand that, most casuals won't even break out of level 4 on day one if it's as crowded as most imagine. However, there's probably going to be hundreds of people trying to level up bards fast, so theres even going to be competition in the karanas to swarm. I understand bards can level fast as shit to 35, but can you do it fast as shit when theres 15 other bards in the same zone trying to do the same thing?

I'm going to go much more conservative and say 1 week for someone to hit 50.

garfo
09-19-2019, 10:33 PM
All this talk of bards, but it's one of the least popular classes on that poll -- seems like most neckbeards are going enchanter?

Obviously inb4 the true neckbeards would never reveal their strategies on a poll.

Maybe we'll find the most truly 1337 bards swarming through the early levels in Toxx? Ferrott? Steamfont?

Vexenu
09-19-2019, 10:42 PM
The fastest would probably be something like a Mage/Chanter/Druid trio who manage to get out ahead of the pack and ride the ZEM superhighway. If you can be the first group into Unrest you have a very good shot of maintaining that early lead. Just slide over to Sol A once Unrest greens out and you're 40 before you know it and ready to head to LGuk and farm a few manastones before the proles catch up.

It will be a real struggle getting out ahead of the pack, though. If you really want a chance you'll have to figure out ahead of time which starting city will be the least crowded and/or which has the highest mob density. Because you're literally going to have hundreds of level 1s and 2s running around KSing each other for decaying skeletons and fire beetles for the entire first day.

aaezil
09-19-2019, 10:49 PM
All this talk of bards, but it's one of the least popular classes on that poll -- seems like most neckbeards are going enchanter?

Obviously inb4 the true neckbeards would never reveal their strategies on a poll.

Maybe we'll find the most truly 1337 bards swarming through the early levels in Toxx? Ferrott? Steamfont?

Most people who post here have retired from everquest and this is their drug

Coridan
09-20-2019, 03:23 AM
I remember when new servers launch on classic there would be people who would share an account leveling a Druid to max so it could PL their main accounts. Would take about 2 days. I hate it, but it is classic.

soronil
09-20-2019, 09:26 AM
So green will launch on a friday which I'm very thankful for because of work, which I'll be most definitely taking off the friday of server launch!

Using PTO on a launch day usually feels bad. They already said the target is afternoon. In most games launches get delayed by hours, there are issues that require reboots / downtime, and login servers are hammered from everyone spamming it

Obviously many people will do it, but personally I'd rather use that time off in the days/weeks to come. (and not staring at a screen idly infrustration)

Troxx
09-20-2019, 09:58 AM
If I roll a toon on green I’m going to play it casually during non-raid time and take it nice and slow.

Racing through levels (for me at least) misses the point of green. For me I’m going to savor the gearless, poor noob experience.

Jibartik
09-20-2019, 10:08 AM
Racing through levels (for me at least) misses the point of green. For me I’m going to savor the gearless, poor noob experience.

Though on one hand I agree with you, on the other there are 2 playstiles for TLPs

Speed running.

Slow walking.

That said, speed running will not prevent you from slow walking, you can speed run for 1 week and experience a ton of amazing competitive everquesting and get some server firsts.

and then you can just play like super chill for the next year.

Speed running games is arguably one of the most popular sports in gaming, so add in classic MMO to that and make it live, and a reset server, and ladies and gentlemen

we have seasons!

:cool:

Taking it slow has been done before...

But being the first to down every raid mob whatever the culture becomes interested in, 1 second faster than its ever been done before in human history?

That could give the game a longevity you never expected it to have just saying :o

Bardp1999
09-20-2019, 12:28 PM
I'm wondering what kind of impediment high populations will b.

Goblins in Highpass are going to be ridiculous.

AbstractVision
09-20-2019, 12:50 PM
I'm rolling druid. I doubt I will be 50 by the end of the weekend, but I'm positive I'll hit 40+ and get to Lguk to hop on a list. Once I secure my manastone I will probably start a bard, level him up, and head to Temple of Cazic to farm a full set of rubicite. Once that is done it'll be back to the druid to 50.

I got a bard from 1 to 36 in a day on blue, and that was my first time ever playing a bard with several deaths learning to swarm. I'm sure there will be some level 50 bards by the end of the weekend.

Albane
09-20-2019, 06:53 PM
I find it sad that, as adults probably in our late 30's and early 40's, anyone is rushing for server firsts on a Private server of a 20 year old game. Sit back and enjoy the game and make some new friends.

Jibartik
09-20-2019, 06:59 PM
I find it sad that, as adults probably in our late 30's and early 40's, anyone is rushing for server firsts on a Private server of a 20 year old game. Sit back and enjoy the game and make some new friends.

Think of it like, you're at the mall. You're shopping, its a chill day. Then a group of fast walking old ladies come stiff walking past you in colorful jogging outfits. They look intimidating at first, like they're trying to turn the mall into a gymnasium! Who asked for that?!

But then they just speed walk right past you, and fade away behind the crowd at the food court and its back to a regular day at the mall. No big deal.

These rushing players are going to be like this. Like as intimidating and powerful as some old ladies in a shopping mall. Not very. So it wont ruin your adventure, traveler! :cool:

sacman08
09-20-2019, 08:19 PM
I’m going to say at least a week because there will be no twinking.

Shrubwise
09-20-2019, 08:24 PM
Bonus points for stay-at-home-sons, recently paroled, heavy drug users and divorced dads with free internet I suppose.

haha

sacman08
09-20-2019, 08:26 PM
Everyone will have their empty plastic bottles and fresh socks ready to be sure.

Halfcell
09-20-2019, 10:36 PM
Goblins in Highpass are going to be ridiculous.

This. Highpass in general is going to have wait times for days, and it will be worth waiting. The first monk/shaman duo to get in on highpass guards and hold it for a day is going to scream thru levels at a rate no one but a bard can match.

dwarf_cleric420
09-20-2019, 10:41 PM
Is high-pass considered indoor or outdoor from a camp/spawn claiming standpoint? Can u claim the whole orc cliff or technically just one orc?

dwarf_cleric420
09-20-2019, 10:43 PM
Definitely not bard if all aoe spells are capped at 4 mobs

Jibartik
09-20-2019, 11:11 PM
Definitely not bard if all aoe spells are capped at 4 mobs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBrLHMCTDAA

Lojik
09-21-2019, 01:16 PM
If there's no going postal quests and bard aoe limited to 4, you guys still think someone hits 50 by Sunday night?

AbstractVision
09-21-2019, 01:55 PM
No I think we will see people in the 40s by the end of the weekend. I suppose its possible that a group will rush one player and sacrifice exp once they get high enough but I doubt it.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 01:55 PM
If there's no going postal quests and bard aoe limited to 4, you guys still think someone hits 50 by Sunday night?

Nah I was sure bards were going to be able to do it but this change is huge, the only thing I can think to do now is get 5 friends to also roll enchanters and 6 man and try to get to the top.

Jimjam
09-21-2019, 02:51 PM
Think of it like, you're at the mall. You're shopping, its a chill day. Then a group of fast walking old ladies come stiff walking past you in colorful jogging outfits. They look intimidating at first, like they're trying to turn the mall into a gymnasium! Who asked for that?!

But then they just speed walk right past you, and fade away behind the crowd at the food court and its back to a regular day at the mall. No big deal.

These rushing players are going to be like this. Like as intimidating and powerful as some old ladies in a shopping mall. Not very. So it wont ruin your adventure, traveler! :cool:

The problem is, like old ladies, they will piss all over wherever they pass.

Wallicker
09-21-2019, 03:03 PM
Whoever gets an enchanter/mage/necro to lvl 24 and to highkeep first duh... legit just do guards/goblins/bards/nobles straight to 50. Two mages duoing would be my guess at this.

Jimjam
09-21-2019, 03:03 PM
He who controls Orsargen controls the throne.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 03:08 PM
Red99 had a leaderboard, I guess it only existed thanks to the global OOC and automated YT message though.. is there anyway to like, track player level some how? I think it'd be fun to watch a stock market of player levels heh but then again what I consider fun most people consider insane.

Rawzr
09-21-2019, 03:18 PM
Are we gunna see the message in the chat? "Soandso has reached level 50" cause thats classic.

Jadian
09-21-2019, 03:20 PM
I really feel like reading through these responses, that most of these people were not around for the launch of blue or red servers

But hey why should that stop anyone from wild speculation

Wenai
09-21-2019, 03:45 PM
I haven't read the entire thread, so sorry if I repeat any information.

The server first 50 on Blue was Galahad the Barbarian Shaman. As far as I remember it was two roommates who alternated "shifts" to solo the character to 50. They then alternated "shifts" to solo the Shaman with Sever the Warrior in group AFK to get Sever to be the server first 50 Warrior.

I think there will be a sacrifice to get the server first 50. I could see things like two people duoing up into their late 30s, early 40s, and then having one person sacrifice their own experience by being out of group and letting the other person get full exp. Effectively doubling someone's killing speed.

I could have seen a dedicated bard getting ahead of the curve and getting to some of the Karana zones to themselves and rushing to 50. However with the recent Bard AoE findings, that may be jeopardy.

The server first 50 will definitely be someone soloing or duoing to max level. The soloers all hit level 50 so much faster than the groupers the first time around.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 04:02 PM
I have done zero research and am about to but I remember on lives first tlp Nagy was killed in 3-4 days, I saw a link to the magelos of every character and 90% of them were nakeds that just zerged. I will now try to go find that infos cus its a memory and as we all know, 4 may sometimes seem like 46 lol

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 04:04 PM
The server first 50 will definitely be someone soloing or duoing to max level. The soloers all hit level 50 so much faster than the groupers the first time around.

Though I do agree with you, when I was playing a druid on blue just recently I grouped with 5 other people that were doing it no buffs and only self geared, and by the time we were 22+ in upper guk grouping the exp like started SCREAMING compared to all the naked soloing.

That said I totally agree with you, but am wondering if we're just getting really good at grouping pve content on p99 :cool:

edit: doh, I'm suddenly realizing if over population is an issue that totally would not be the case at all and it would favor the solorers so duhhhh never mind.

GnomeCaptain
09-21-2019, 04:11 PM

I always get confused when someone says "20 year old game." Implying that the worthiness of an activity in a game is somehow inversely proportionate to its age. Would it be ok for people of whatever age range you suppose to get server firsts in a brand new game?

Who cares how old it is? If you're here playing it you probably regard it as the best game ever. I know I do, I have zero interest in playing the most popular trash of the day.

And, generally, older stuff is better. Modern music is complete junk, all the best music is well over 100 years old.

Dolalin
09-21-2019, 04:15 PM
Chess is a 2k year old game and people still play it.

Jibartik
09-21-2019, 04:17 PM
Yeah but we still cant beat robots at it lol

Barantor
09-21-2019, 04:21 PM
Yeah but we still cant beat robots at it lol

You win by default if you pull the plug :D

There is always someone that wants to be first, that's fine. Hell the WoW Classic server they even had folks that were paid to stream and be first and they still lost to a guy soloing to top level.

To each their own.